daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #8241
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The final section will be opened in June 2016.
9.5 years after construction began in early 2007...

The Stör Bridge has had a strange progress. The first arch bridge was built quickly, they shipped the main span into position 1 year after construction began. Usually that means the bridge can open quickly. However, it took another 2.5 years before it actually opened, bringing the construction time of the first span to 3.5 years. It then took another 4.5 years to complete the second span.

Quote:
The Saxony-Anhalt Ministry of Transport assumes that the entire A14 will be completed by 2020. Source.
Hmm, the segment of A14 near Ludwigslust was constructed at a fairly fast pace, but I doubt if they can complete another 100 kilometers of new Autobahn over the next 5 years, given the slow progress on other projects like A30, A33, A44 and A49 to name a few. It all depends on available funding I suppose.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #8242
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Hmm, the segment of A14 near Ludwigslust was constructed at a fairly fast pace, but I doubt if they can complete another 100 kilometers of new Autobahn over the next 5 years, given the slow progress on other projects like A30, A33, A44 and A49 to name a few. It all depends on available funding I suppose.
IIRC it was announced around 2005 that the Autobahn should be completed by 2015. It was repeated again and again by the Saxony-Anhalt Ministry of Transport. About 50% of the sections were announced to be funded by ERDF which meant it had to be completed by 2013. But building permits are the problem, especially in Saxony-Anhalt (court procedures, plan correction procedures,...). It's always announced that the plan approval orders will be passed "by the end of the year". Saxony-Anhalt and Federal politicians always say that construction will be funded as soon as building permits are legal. The groundbreaking of the 2nd Brandenburg section was more than 2 years after having building permit, the remaining 3 sections were started (much) earlier.

6 out of 97km in Saxony-Anhalt are in service but no section is u/c. 11 out of 30km in Brandenburg will be completed soon, the entire 25km in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania are u/c.

Of course, 2020 is just a dream... If all missing plan approval procedures would really be passed by early 2016 (which is announced except a section in Brandenburg) and there would be no complaints, construction works could begin in 2017 and minimum the Saxony-Anhalt sections could be completed by 2019. Could.............. (but I don't believe it)

There are less bridges and tunnels compared to projects like A30, A33, A44 or A49, just a lot of ecoducts .

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #8243
MichiH

The construction periods of A14 are 2-3 years only although it's not a VDE (Verkehrsprojekte Deutsche Einheit = traffic projects German Unity).

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old October 25th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #8244
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

A23 Stör Bridge, Itzehoe

I found some more dates regarding the A23 upgrade near Itzehoe;

* 2 March 2006: first sod of the B5 to A23 upgrade
* 10 January 2007: start construction new Stör Bridge
* 25 February 2008: first new span installed
* 19 June 2010: opening of the first new span
* 26 October 2015: opening of the second span
* June 2016: completion of the B5 to A23 upgrade

Total construction time from first sod to completion: 10 years and 3 months.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 09:14 PM   #8245
MichiH

Bear in mind that it's not yet opened

Old October 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM   #8246
MichiH

A23 Stör bridge Itzehoe

Quote:
The opening ceremony was yesterday. The new bridge (2nd carriageway) will be opened 1-laned tomorrow. It's reported that the other carriageway will be opened 2-laned. 2 lanes per carriageway will be opened on 10th November 2015. Here's a nice video with aerial view and a little historicial view: > click <. The entire project has a lengths of 7.5km and costs 159 million €, see press release. The final section will be opened in June 2016.
The 2nd carriageway has been opened today, see news article.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old October 27th, 2015, 09:01 PM   #8247
MichiH

Quote:
2013 summary: > click <.

2014 summary: > click <.

2015 summary including expected openings:

New motorways:
A14: AK Schwerin – AS Grabow (2x2) 14.4km (November 2012 to Mid December 2015) – ? – map
To be opened on 21st December 2015, see news article.

Quote:
A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – south of Stör bridge (2x2) 2.5km (January 2007 to 26th October 2015) – projectmap
Opened, see previous post.

Quote:
New B roads and B road bypasses:
B96n: AS Samtens-Ost – Scharpitz (2+1) 11.5km (June 2011 to November 2015) – projectmap
To be opened on 8th December 2015. The Federal Chancellor, Mrs. Merkel, the Federal Ministry of Transport, Mr. Dobrindt and the Minister President of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, Mr. Sellering will be on-site, see news article.

Quote:
B212: Huntebrück-North – Huntebrück-South 1.5km (July 2009 to October 2015) – projectmap
To be opened on 10th December 2015, see news article.

Old October 28th, 2015, 03:03 AM   #8248
HarlingenHardest

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
New motorways:
A14: AK Schwerin – AS Grabow (2x2) 14.4km (November 2012 to Mid December 2015)

To be opened on 21st December 2015, see (link)
That's not all. In the NDR article they write that also the Groß Warnow - Karstädt section will open that day/month. This is a 12 km long part in Brandenburg, in between they still built the Groß Warnow-Ludwigslust section, so there's not a directly connection yet.
HarlingenHardest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #8249
LtBk

Likes (Received): 3706

Was road construction in DE always slow?
LtBk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 09:15 PM   #8250
MichiH

It was quite fast in 1930s...

Kanadzie, darko06 liked this post
Old October 28th, 2015, 09:18 PM   #8251
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlingenHardest View Post
That's not all. In the NDR article they write that also the Groß Warnow - Karstädt section will open that day/month. This is a 12 km long part in Brandenburg, in between they still built the Groß Warnow-Ludwigslust section, so there's not a directly connection yet.
No: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/meckl...obahn1354.html.

Quote:
In Brandenburg soll ebenfalls im Dezember die zwölf Kilometer lange Strecke von Groß Warnow bis Karstädt freigegeben werden.
It's reported to be opened in December but not the same day!

Old October 29th, 2015, 01:18 AM   #8252
HarlingenHardest

Likes (Received): 36

How do you know? I wrote "that day/month." Maybe on the same day, it should be possible right?
HarlingenHardest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #8253
MichiH

Sorry, I was not sure what "day/month" means. First, I thought "day of month"...
That would be the only news because I've recently posted that the section is announced to be opened in December

Quote:
The Mecklenburg-West Pomerania Ministry of Transport said that their section will be opened in December 2015. The Brandenburg Mistry of Transport said that their section will be opened in Mid or Late December 2015. The Saxony-Anhalt Ministry of Transport assumes that the entire A14 will be completed by 2020. Source.

Old October 30th, 2015, 01:12 AM   #8254
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
It was quite fast in 1930s...
I guess that land acquisition was very straightforward back then: just a bunch of soldiers pointing guns at landowners' heads.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Kanadzie liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:25 AM   #8255
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

and the workers
Old October 30th, 2015, 11:53 AM   #8256
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I guess that land acquisition was very straightforward back then: just a bunch of soldiers pointing guns at landowners' heads.
I don't think that this has been actually the case.
It's not like there were not any laws in the 1930s in Germany.
But there has certainly not been any NIMBYs at this time, that is for sure.

Kanadzie liked this post
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 04:04 PM   #8257
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heico-M View Post
I don't think that this has been actually the case.
It's not like there were not any laws in the 1930s in Germany.
But there has certainly not been any NIMBYs at this time, that is for sure.
Certainly there were laws, issued during the Weimar Republic and even before during the German Empire, but after 1933 human rights weren't the highest priority of the German government (euphemism mode on).

And NIMBY exists only in countries that have been developed for decades, otherwise everybody loves 'progress'.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Heico-M liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 09:42 PM   #8258
MichiH

Quote:
B10: Wallmersbach – west of Hinterweidenthal 2.1km (June 2010 to 2018) – projectmap
B10: west of Hinterweidenthal – Hinterweidenthal 1.7km (September 2013 to 2018) – projectmap

The 1.8km** 4-laned section b/n Walmersbach and west of the L487 will be opened on 30th October 2015. Source (2).

** That means only a part of the first section will be opened. I'd like to say it's the major part but the section is very short in spite of everything.
The news articles were wrong. The section opened has a length of 2.5km, costs 22 million € and has been opened today . See press release.

Old November 1st, 2015, 12:43 PM   #8259
MichiH

A3 widening Aschaffenburg - Würzburg

Quote:
A3: Kauppenbrücke – AS Rohrbrunn (2x3) 8km (April 2013 to Mid November 2015) [partial 4 eastbound lanes]projectmap
There's still a lot to do on the eastern part of the section which is widened to 2x3 lanes. I'm not sure if it will be opened this months. The Federal Baustellen Information indicates construction till (minimum) 8th December 2015 (last update: 30th October 2015).

Some pics of the western part b/n Kauppenbrücke and Weibersbrunn i/c published by the road authority ABDNB taken in September 2015:

This viaduct is the 490m Kauppenbrücke which was reconstructed from 2008 to 2011:

A new 200m viaduct just west of Weibersbrunn i/c. The viaduct is required because of a realignment:

Weibersbrunn i/c:

This pics shows the widened A3 west of the Kauppenbrücke which was completed in 2011:

Older pics: http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...rohrbrunn.html

I think the next section Rohrbrunn - Haseltalbrücke (5km; 72 million €; map) is u/c too because there are some major earthworks et cetera. A scenic bridge over A3 will be built in 2016 but the reconstruction of the carriageways will be done in 2017/18. See latest project info (contains a pic of the future bridge).

The Haseltalbrücke is already completed (3.1km 2x3 in service).

The next section (7.7km) should be widened in 2018/19. One bridge over A3 was already reconstructed this year.

The neighboring section b/n Marktheidenfeld and the bridge over river Main will be widened in 2016/17 (map). Two bridges over A3 were already reconstructed in 2013 / 2015. Additional preliminary works are ongoing. The Main bridge was reconstructed from 1997-2001.

The section in Baden-Württemberg (Main bridge - west of Helmstadt; 8.5km) is u/c. It should be opened 2x3 (parital 4 eastbound lanes) in late 2016.

The last section near Würzburg will be completed by fall 2019. Construction works began in July 2014. (I cannot could the number of court decisions but there's a hearing at Federal Administrative Court later this month (2nd one) and there will be a complaint at the European Court of Justice...)

Old November 1st, 2015, 05:07 PM   #8260
MichiH

Happened and expected openings in 2015

Quote:
A3: Main-Donube-Canal bridge (2x3) 1,3km (April 2014 to Late 2015) – projectmap
Announced to be opened about 18th December 2015, see news article and Baustelleninformation.

Quote:
A4: west of AS Kerpen – AS Kerpen (2x3) 2,2km (March 2015 to Late 2015) – projectmap
Announed to be opened in early 2016, see project page.

Quote:
B112: Brieskow-Finkenheerd/Wiesenau bypass (2+1) 10.0km (April 2012 to Late 2015) – projectmap
I'm not sure about the status. A video from September shows an almost completed road but asphalt is still missing on some parts. I couldn't find a current news article but it was reported in June that there was a problem in 2012 which results in a delay and the bypass is not likely to be opened in 2015.

Quote:
B28: K1029 – Herrenberg (2+1) 0,9km (July 2015 to Late 2015) – projectmap
Announced to be opened in early December, see news article.

Full list:

New motorways:
A14: AK Schwerin – AS Grabow (2x2) 14.4km (November 2012 to 21st December 2015) – ? – map
A14: AS Groß Warnow – AS Karstädt (2x2) 10.8km (October 2013 to Late December 2015) – projectmap
A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – south of Stör bridge (2x2) 2.5km (January 2007 to 26th October 2015) – projectmap
A26: AS Horneburg – AS Jork (2x2) 4.6km (Summer 2006 to 17th July 2015) [direction Hamburg] – projectmap
A71: Etzleben – AS Sömmerda-East (2x2) 11.4km (June 2010 to 3rd September 2015) – projectmap
A448: rededication AD Bochum-West – AS Bochum-South (2x2) 5.0km (Mid 2015) – projectmap

Motorway widenings:
A3: Kauppenbrücke – AS Rohrbrunn (2x3) 8km (April 2013 to Mid November 2015 / December 2015 ?) [partial 4 eastbound lanes] – projectmap
A3: Main-Donube-Canal bridge (2x3) 1,3km (April 2014 to 18th December 2015) – projectmap
A4: AS Düren – east of AS Düren (2x3) 2.2km (? to 12th June 2015) – projectmap
A8: east of AS Karlsbad – east of Klosterwegbrücke (2x3) ~6km (August 2009 to 26th 06 2015) – projectmap
A8: Temmenhausen – west of AS Ulm-West (2x3) 7.8km (May 2012 to 24th 09 2015) – projectmap
A8: west of AS Burgau – east of AS Burgau (2x3) 5.7km (August 2011 to Late July/Early August 2015) – projectmap
A8: west of AS Zusmarshausen – west of AS Adelsried (2x3) 7,4km (August 2011 to 2nd November 2015) – projectmap
A8: west of AS Neusäß – AS Neusäß (2x3) ~5.0km (August 2011 to September 2015) – projectmap
A8: AS Neusäß – AS Augsburg-West (2x3) ~2.7km (August 2011 to June 2015) – projectmap
A10: east of AD Pankow (A114) – Berlin/Brandenburg border (2x3) 5,4km (2009 to Early November 2015) – projectmap
A40: Walzwerkstraße – AD Bochum-West (A448) (2x3) ~2km (Late 2009 to 18th June 2015) – projectmap
A57: AK Kaarst (A52) – AS Holzbüttgen (2x3) ?km (November 2013 to December 2015) – projectmap

New expressways:
B10: Walmersbach – west of Hinterweidenthal (2x2) 1.8km (June 2010 to 30th October 2015) – projectmap
B535: AS Mannheim-Friedrichsfeld – AS Schwetzingen-Center (2x2) 1.9km (December 2010 to Mid December 2015) [2nd c/w] – projectmap

New B roads and B road bypasses:
B2R: AS München-Sendling-Plinganserstraße (B11) – AS München-Sendling (A96) (2x3) 2.8km (August 2009 to 27th July 2015) – projectmap
B15: AS Rosenheim-West (A8) – AS Kolbermoor (St2078) 3.5km (August 2012 to 12th October 2015) – projectmap
B16: Dillingen bypass (2+1) 9.4km (June 2012 to 15th September 2015) – projectmap
B27: Waake bypass (2+1) 2.5km (March 2010 to 18th August 2015) – projectmap
B45: Nidderau bypass (K246 – B45-South) 3.9km (September 2009 to 22nd June 2015) – projectmap
B48: Enkenbach-Alsenborn bypass 0.7km (September 2009 to 09th October 2015) – ? – map
B68: Essen bypass 4.1km (August 2012 to 12th October 2015) – projectmap
B96n: AS Samtens-Ost – Scharpitz (2+1) 11.5km (June 2011 to 8th December 2015) – projectmap
B109: Anklam bypass 1.7km (July 2011 to 08th May 2015) – ? – map
B112: Brieskow-Finkenheerd/Wiesenau bypass (2+1) 10.0km (April 2012 to Late 2015 / 2016 ?) – projectmap
B212: Huntebrück-North – Huntebrück-South 1.5km (July 2009 to 10th December 2015) – projectmap
B237: Wipperfürth bypass 0.5km (January 2013 to Spring 2015) – ? – map
B245: Bebertal bypass 4.8km (September 2013 to 14th September 2015) – ? – map
B247: Duderstadt bypass (west of Westerode (B446) – north of Tiftlingerode) 3.3km (July 2012 to 16th October 2015) – projectmap
B249: Frieda bypass 2.2km (July 2013 to 12th September 2015) – projectmap
B255: AS Oberahr – north of Ettinghausen ?km (July 2007 to 25th March 2015) – ? – map
B304: Realignment near Mühlreit 2.0km (September 2011 to 23rd October 2015) – projectmap

B road widenings:
B12: Unterthingau – AS Geisenried (2+1) 3.3km (2nd quarter 2015 to August 2015) – projectmap
B16: Ernsgaden-West – AS Ernsgaden-East (2+1) 3km (September 2014 to 4th December 2015) – ? – map
B16: AS Bernhardswald – Wenzenbach (2+1) 2.6km (November 2014 to 11th September 2015) – projectmap
B28: K1029 – Herrenberg (2+1) 0,9km (July 2015 to Early December 2015) – projectmap
B41: east of Waldböckelheim – Waldböckelheim-Reitweg (2x2) 1.1km (September 2012 to 10th September 2015) – projectmap

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau