daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 12th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #8361
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlingenHardest View Post
http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-R...19-fertig-sein

B3: Hemmingen bypass 7.5 km ( ? to 14th August of 2019)

The plan approval order was passed in September 2004. It was challenged, the complains were rejected in June 2009. A complaint about a prohibition for additional complaints (Nichtzulassungsbeschwerde für eine Revision) was rejected in June 2010. Preliminary construction works began in early 2013, the official groundbreaking ceremony was on 8th December 2014. The northen section of the road will feature 2x2 lanes, the southern section will be 2+1. Total costs: 51 million €. See project page and press releases (2). Map.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2015, 12:07 PM   #8362
MichiH

B96 Rügen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The biggest opening ceremony will be the B96 opening on Rügen island. Chancellor Mrs. Merkel, Federal Minister of Transport Mr. Dobrindt, Minister President of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania Mr. Sellering and Minister of Transport Mr. Pegel will join the party.

B96n: AS Samtens-Ost – Scharpitz (2+1) 11.5km (June 2011 to 8th December 2015) – projectmap
I thought I could post some pics but I couldn't find .

The B96 was already opened 2x2 b/n A20 Stralsund interchange and the town of Stralsund in 2007. The new Strelasund crossing (Rügen bridge) was opened in October 2007, it's 2+1. The plan approval order for the 2+1 grade-separated extension on the island was passed in August 2010. It has a length of about 20.5km. Construction works on the first and second section began in June 2011 although a complaint of a nature conservation organisation was pending (it was withdrawn in February 2012). The first 2.5km section was opened on 19th November 2012, the remaining 11.5km were opened last week, see press release (2; 3). Originally, it was planned to open both sections at once in 2013 but there were some delays on the 2nd section. The total costs are 96.5 million €. 49 million € are funded by ERDF (EU).

The 3rd section is funded since last summer. Construction works are announced to begin in summer 2016. The completion should be in summer 2019. The federal funding is 48 million € but I recently read that the total costs are 55.6 million € now, 7 million € more compared to the last calculation 3 years ago (source)*.

B96n: AS Bergen (B196) - AS Samtens-East (2+1) 6.4km (Summer 2016 to Summer 2019) – projectmap
B96n: AS Samtens-East – Scharpitz (2+1) 11.5km (June 2011 to 8th December 2015) – projectmap
B96n: Scharpitz – AS Altefähr (2+1) 2.5km (June 2011 to 19th November 2012) – projectmap

The existing B96 will still be used for local traffic but I'm quite sure that E251 will be rerouted to the new B96n.

A B196 Bergen bypass (map), which would begin at the end of the new B96n, is also planned but I haven't read much about it. The plan approval procedure was announced to begin in 2014....

* I read info like this more than once. I guess (or I'm quite sure that) the state's road authorities were surprised by the funding orgy last summer and they have redone their cost calculation afterwards. Nevertheless, the Federal Ministry of Transport funded some additional projects which got building permit meanwhile.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old December 12th, 2015, 04:40 PM   #8363
MichiH

A1 Ahlhorner Heide - Osnabrück

Quote:
Projects of the demand plan (BVWP) which recently got building permit but not yet funded (and not planned as PPP):
NI A1 2x3 widening AS Lohne/Dinklage – AS Neuenkirchen/Vörden; plan approval order: March 2015
The order was challenged but the complaint was withdrawn. The 19.5km A1 section has building permit since 19th November 2015 but the construction is not yet funded. See project page (map).

The plan approval procedure for 2x3 widening of the neighboring 9.9km section b/n AS Neuenkirchen/Vörden and north of AS Bramsche began in April 2013. The hearing within the procedure was on 11th November 2015. See project page (map).

The rest of A1 b/n AD Ahlhorner Heide (A29) and Osnabrück already features 2x3 lanes. AADT 2010 was about 50,000 vehicles/day only, but the truck share was more than 20%.

Old December 12th, 2015, 08:10 PM   #8364
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Don´t know if it was already posted here?

Germany´s largest one-winged drawbridge (wingspan 80 m) was opened on 10.12.2015 as part of a modernised B212 stretch.

Source

On the left: Old lift bridge from 1951 (She will be demolished next year. To keep her as landmark would be too costly.)
On the right: New bridge (There is now nearly 2 m more room between the bridge and the water level so there won´t be so many openings needed like with the old bridge.)

What a beauty!

Source
What Is Love?

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; December 12th, 2015 at 08:56 PM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #8365
HarlingenHardest

Likes (Received): 36

A3 Lahntalbrücke

A new Lahntal bridge near Limburg opened partly last friday.

http://www.nnp.de/lokales/limburg_un...art680,1748440

Traffic from Frankfurt with direction Cologne can use a new part of the east bridge.

http://www.nnp.de/lokales/limburg_un...e60799,1270093

Some pics of the actual situation are included in the link.
HarlingenHardest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 10:50 AM   #8366
MichiH

The construction of the new Lahntal bridge began in June 2013. It's a realignment b/n Limburg-North and Limburg-South interchange (3.0km; map; DEGES project page; Hessen Mobil project page). The bridge of the 2nd carriageway should be opened for traffic in fall 2016 or in spring 2017 (different data, I'm not sure what's correct). It will feature 2x4 lanes but each 4th lane is just a continuous acceleration lane which gets the deceleration lane of the next interchange.

The draft of the new demand plan (BVWP 2015) contains a 2x4 widening of the entire A3 in Hesse b/n NRW/Hesse border and AK Wiesbaden.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old December 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #8367
HarlingenHardest

Information signs near the bridge mention september 2017 as delivery date:

I made this picture in october.

edit: how can you make pictures smaller @ SSC? Now you need to open this pic in a new tab page to see the sign.
Old December 13th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #8368
MichiH

Quote:
Information signs near the bridge mention september 2017 as delivery date:
I made this picture in october.
Project page October 2015 version: https://mobil.hessen.de/irj/HSVV_Int...2389e48185.htm.

Quote:
Nach Fertigstellung des zweiten Teilbauwerks Ende 2016 wird der Verkehr in ganzer Breite auf der neuen Trasse geführt. Abschließend werden u. a. die Lärmschutzwälle am Westrand der neuen Trasse fertiggestellt.

Bauende: voraussichtlich Ende 2017

-->

After completion of the 2nd brigde in late 2016, traffic will be rerouted to the new route with full width. Afterwards, noise protection will be completed.

Estimated end of construction: Late 2017
Press release March 2015: https://wirtschaft.hessen.de/presse/...hntalbruecke-0.

Quote:
Der Verkehr wird voraussichtlich Ende 2015 auf die bis dahin fertiggestellte erste Richtungsfahrbahn der neuen Brücke verlegt. Anschließend wird die alte Brücke abgetragen, während gleichzeitig die zweite Richtungsfahrbahn ihrer Nachfolgerin entsteht. Die neue Brücke wird voraussichtlich im Frühjahr 2017 vollständig befahrbar sein. Die Gesamtmaßnahme soll Ende 2017 beendet werden.

-->

Traffic will estimately be rerouted to the new bridge of the 1st carriageway in late 2015. Afterwards, the old bridge will be demolished and the 2nd bridge will be build. The new bridge will estimately be used in full service from spring 2017. The entire project will be completed by late 2017.
Press release June 2013: https://mobil.hessen.de/irj/HSVV_Int...rview=true.htm.

Quote:
Voraussichtlich im Herbst 2016 wird die neue Brücke fertig gestellt sein. Die alte Lahntalbrücke soll bis Frühjahr 2017 vollständig zurückgebaut werden. Das Bauende der Gesamtmaßnahme ist für Ende 2017 geplant.

--> The new bridge will estimately be completed in fall 2016. The old Lahntal bridge should be demolished by spring 2017. The end of the entire construction is planned to be in late 2017.

The "information sign" is usually indicating the completion of construction works, not the opening of the new road/bridge/carriageway.

HarlingenHardest liked this post
Old December 13th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #8369
HarlingenHardest

...also including Abriss.
Old December 13th, 2015, 10:21 PM   #8370
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
A new Lahntal bridge near Limburg opened partly last friday.

http://www.nnp.de/lokales/limburg_un...art680,1748440

Traffic from Frankfurt with direction Cologne can use a new part of the east bridge.

http://www.nnp.de/lokales/limburg_un...e60799,1270093

Some pics of the actual situation are included in the link.
"Hälfte der Hälfte" It would have been more intelligent to speak not just about half of the bridge but about which side/lanes... or to provide a blueprint. this way it was funny to read, and not very enlighting

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #8371
MichiH

A3 Lahntalbrücke

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
"Hälfte der Hälfte" It would have been more intelligent to speak not just about half of the bridge but about which side/lanes... or to provide a blueprint. this way it was funny to read, and not very enlighting
Traffic towards Cologne is using the new bridge now (3 lanes). Traffic towards Wiesbaden/Frankfurt is still using the old bridge but it's planned to be rerouted to the new bridge in early 2016.

The subsequent pic from nnp shows the 1st new bridge on the right, the old bridge on the left and the 2nd new bridge u/c in the middle.

Quote:
...also including Abriss.
Traffic will use the first out of two new bridges in 2016/17 while the old bridge will be demolished in 2016 and the new 2nd bridge is built. The latter should be completed by fall 2016, late 2016 or spring 2017 depending on the info you believe. Nevertheless, there will still be some remaining works after the new bridges will be opened for traffic. The remaining works like building the noise protection embankment (but not demolition of the old bridge!) are announced to be completed by late 2017.

Your news is like Hessen Mobil said: "Eine wichtige Etappe, aber kein Grund zum Feiern" - "An important milestone but no reason for celebration".

Deadeye Reloaded, belerophon liked this post
Old December 15th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #8372
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Another new bridge is completed.

This time it´s a replacement of a 54 year old bridge on the A3 near Erlangen.

In fact there are two new bridges standing side by side.
Span: 94 m
Enough space for 2x3.

The new bridge is the blue thing in the background.

A picture when it was under construction (first bridge).

A picture when it was under construction (second bridge).

The bridge can be seen at the lower left corner.
What Is Love?

MichiH, Luki_SL, ivochip liked this post

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; December 15th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #8373
MichiH

A3 widening b/n Würzburg and Fürth/Erlangen (Nuremberg)

The AADT was 78,000 vehicles/day with a truck share of 16% in 2010.

The entire A3 b/n Frankfurt and Nuremberg is planned to be widened from 2x2 to 2x3 lanes because it's the main transit route from Benelux to south-eastern Europe. A3 from Oberhausen to Aschaffenburg, east of Frankfurt (300km), already features 2x3 lanes (Lahntal bridge what about we've recently reported is located on this stretch) and it's also 2x3 from east of the A73 interchange just east of the replaced bridge to A9 interchange east of Nuremberg (20km).

I've already reported about the A3 widening b/n Aschaffenburg (A45) and east of Würzburg (A7 interchange "AK Biebelried"). Map; 75km. It's planned to be completed by late 2019, widening works began in 2001, construction costs are about 1,300 million €. I've posted some pics from Spessart crossing which is a hilly region with some long bridges.

A3 b/n A7 and A73 does not have long bridges and the terrain is less hilly. Map; 80km. The 360m bridge over river Main near Dettelbach was already replaced years ago. The river Regnitz bridge b/n the above mentioned new Rhine–Main–Danube Canal bridge and A73 interchange was also replaced.

That's a perfect precondition for a PPP project. It's planned to start the tender procedure in 2016 and the construction works should be done from 2019 to 2022 (900 million € construction costs). The reconstruction of the A73 interchange "AK Fürth/Erlangen" will be funded conventional and could be started in 2017. See press release about the completion of the Rhine–Main–Danube Canal bridge.

ChrisZwolle, Deadeye Reloaded, Isek liked this post
Old December 15th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #8374
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I haven't driven that stretch of A3 in a while. I took A70+A73 to avoid the traffic on A3 the last few times going through there.

Usually my route towards München and beyond was to drive from Dortmund via Kassel and Schweinfurt/Bamberg to Nürnberg. It's not as busy and there are not as many road works as there are on A3. Though in recent years the number of road works on A44 and A7 increased.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2015, 10:00 PM   #8375
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

Nice overpasses in the Schneifel.

Leaving the few visible North Eifel.

The calm before the storm.

Last edited by DSzumaher; December 16th, 2015 at 10:17 PM.
DSzumaher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #8376
HarlingenHardest

A few months ago I enjoyed my holiday in the Black Forest region. I was lucky with the weather, everyday clear skies and very sunny. So I made a lot of pics. For instance the B31, between Titisee and Freiburg. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/krusef...57662331086441). (For more , check https://www.flickr.com/photos/krusefahrer/albums).

Question:

^How do you have to interpret the sign on this photo as a truck driver. A commitment to drive off to improve the flow?
Old December 18th, 2015, 12:31 AM   #8377
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 294

That's correct. I always make a stop every a few kilometers when driving my old caravan uphills to let the cars behind me pass.
Old December 19th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #8378
HarlingenHardest

O.K. but this is downhill.

Anyway, the following pic is also <<made in Germany>> made by me.

B31 Titisee -> Freiburg Engpass Hirschsprung.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/krusef...57662331086441

verreme, SRC_100, Suburbanist liked this post
Old December 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #8379
MichiH

Christmas presents

The Federal Ministry of Transport gave some Christmas presents. They funded some projects. There's no official press release or any document containing all projects but it's announced by the regional members of the Bundestag:

Quote:
There's a 32km gap on A7 b/n Soltau and AD Walsrode which features 2x2 lanes only (with temporary shoulder running though). The plan approval procedure for a 2x3 upgrade of the southernmost 8km section (map) b/n Bad Fallingbostel and AD Walsrode (A27) began in September 2012, the order has been passed on 4th August 2015. The order is legal since 22nd October 2015 and the preliminary construction works officially began today because the road surface is in a very bad condition, see press release.

The project was not contained in the funding list published last July.
The remaining two sections (14.7km + 9.5km) are in an early planning stage, see project page.
The 2x3 widening of A7 Bad Fallingbostel - Walsrode section is confirmed to be funded now (58 Mio €). Construction works are announced to begin in 2016 (source).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The plan approval procedure for the Malching - Kirchham section (6.0km) started in 2006 (OSM). It was officically canceled in March 2013, and a new procedure was started. A construction period of 5 years was announced (about 60 million €).
The plan approval procedure for the last section from Kirchham to AD Pocking was started in June 2012 (OSM). The construction period was declared to 3 years (12.5km; about 160 million €).
The Federal Minister of Transport, Mr. Dobrindt, announced that the Malching-Kirchham plan approval order should be passed in August 2015. If it won't be challenged the planning should be legal by the end of 2015 and he will immediately release the 104 million € because they are available by the 2016 budget (Bundeshaushalt). Source.
The plan approval order was passed on 27th August 2015, see press release. The neighboring section is delayed though (minimum 9 months), see news article.

A94: north of AS Malching – north of AS Kirchham 6.0km (2016? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: 2006 – March 2013 (stopped); March 2013 – August 2015)
A94: north of AS Kirchham – AD Pocking (A3) 12.5km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: July 2012 – Mid 2016?)
81 million € are provided for the construction of the Malching - Kirchham section. There are 2 complaints against the plan approval order but it got "Sofortvollzug" now. I don't know why only 81 million € are funded because the costs were indicated by 104 million € last summer. The construction period is 5 to 6 years because of complex works for a tunnel. Clearance will begin in January or February, construction works are announced to begin in Mid 2016. The plan approval order of Kirchham - Pocking section is not yet passed but the construction period will be shorter and there's a chance that both sections will be opened at once - I guess about 2021/22 (source). Note: The 32km A94 section Pastetten-Heldenstein should be completed by October 2019 (PPP). There's still a 30km gap from Burghausen to Malching. No planning activities are currently ongoing there.

Quote:
A44: AD Kassel-East (A7) – AS Helsa-East 11.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: Mid 2006 – still in progress; completion of entire project)
A44: AS Waldkappel – Hoheneiche 7.2km (Spring 2015 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: September 2002 – October 2011; complaints rejected; funded)
A44: Hoheneiche – AS Sontra-West 5.4km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: April 2006 – January 2012; complaints withdrawn)
A44: AS Sontra-West – AS Sontra-East 10.8km (2017 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: July 2012 – September 2013)
A44: AS Sontra-East – AD Wommen (A4) 6.0km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2011 – February 2013; complaints withdrawn)
The latter section is funded now (source). The Hoheneiche - Sontra-West section (also known as AS Ringgau - AS Sontra-West) was already funded in July 2015. In addition, it was announced last April that preliminary works for Sontra-West - Sontra-East section should begin this fall and construction works should begin in 2017 (I'm not sure if funding is officially confirmed by the Federal Ministry of Transport). That means, the entire A44 b/n Kassel and Eisenach should be funded except the 11km section just east of Kassel, a supplemental plan approval procedure is required and there's a big opposition about the route. The DEGES project page indicates that the first section east of Waldkappel is expected to be opened in 2020 (7 tunnels, 9 long viaducts).

Quote:
A524: west of AS Duisburg-Huckingen – west of AK Duisburg-South (A59) 0.8km (Fall 2015 to 2018) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: ? – December 2008; funded)
I read that construction works should begin in Mid 2016 (source).

Quote:
B14: AS Backnang-West – AS Waldrems 5.7km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005; new Backnang-Center i/c already u/c)
B14: AS Waldrems – AS Nellmersbach 1.9km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005)
Quote:
The B14 project b/n Backnang-West and Nellmersbach in Baden-Württemberg has a length of 7.6km. AADT was about 22,000 vehicles/day in 2010 and it's planned to built a 4-laned road with hard shoulders. It also contains the 2nd Murr viaduct (2nd c/w, the old one was recently reconstructed) and a 135m tunnel in Waldrems.

The plan approval order was passed in November 2005 and building permit (Baurecht) is available since October 2007. Total costs: about 144 million €.

The project was split by the state's ministry of transport in 2011. It was planned to built section 1 first. It has a length of 1.9km and includes the Waldrems tunnel. The estimated costs were 38.93 million in 2012. This section was split by the Federal ministry of Transport now. Just 10 million € are funded! That's about 25% of BA1 costs (inflation is about 2-3%/year) and less than 7% of the total 7.6km section costs!

Good news: construction works of section 1.1 should begin in April 2016 (source) and should be completed by 2017 (source).
The entire 1.9km section 1 (1.1 + 1.2) is funded now because the Federal Ministry of Transport provided additional 29 million € now (source; 10 million € were provided in July).

Quote:
The complaint about the plan approval order for the B66 section south of Bielefeld has been withdrawn and the construction works should be funded soon and begin in 2016 (source and source). The plan approval order was passed in March 2015. It will feature 2x2 lanes and will have 2 grade-separated interchanges.

B66: AS Leopoldshöhe-Rollkrug – AS Leopoldshöhe-Asemissen 2.1km (2016 to 2018?) – ? – map
It's also funded now (source).

Old December 20th, 2015, 01:24 PM   #8380
MichiH

Quote:
A64: east of AS Trier – north of Biewertal viaduct 0.9km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: ? – 1977; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
It was recently announced that the documents for the construction of the 2nd A64 Biewertal bridge (14 million €; viaduct length: ~510m) is currently be updated because the existing documents are from the 1970s. The road authority hopes to get building permit by fall 2016 (source).

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau