daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:00 AM   #8501
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

very very nice express ways and greenery.

Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:01 PM   #8502
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

However, the cheer due to the lack of Baustellen didn't take long, but for lighten up appears the biggest wind park in Germany between them.

A state changes dozen times in a million metro area. Furthermore, an IFO lands at LEJ.

The last moments before darkness accompanied by a long straight with the avation and racing history.

The end. (Finally?)

Autostädter, Luki_SL, SRC_100, Stardust.Y liked this post
DSzumaher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2016, 07:43 PM   #8503
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 431

I'd say the A9 is overall probably the nicest Autobahn in Germany. It is, however shocking to see how much it already degraded in such a short amount of time.
TM_Germany está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #8504
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
New expressways:
B535: AS Mannheim-Friedrichsfeld – AS Schwetzingen-Center (2x2) 1.9km (December 2010 to Mid December 2015) [2nd c/w] – projectmap
It's reported that it will be completed in Mid 2016, see news article. The railroad bridge was demolished last week, see pics.
It's announced that it's planned to have 4 lanes in service from late June 2016, see press release.

Quote:
The groundbreaking ceremony of the B300 upgrade north of Augsburg took place last week. The section runs from the A8 interchange Dasing to Aichach, will feature 4 lanes and will be grade-separated after completion. The costs of the 5km section are 22 million €. The current road is an accident black spot, 18 people died there since 2000. The AADT is about 20,500 vehicles/day with a truck share of about 10%. The first stage - the upgrade of the Aichach-West interchange - was already built b/n October 2010 and December 2011 (~1km; OSM). The remaining section has a length of about 4km and is announced to be completed in 2018 (OSM). It's in the corridor of the formerly planned A90 b/n Augsburg and Regensburg.

Press release, news article.
It's reported that it's planned to be opened 4-laned in fall 2018, see news article.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:39 PM   #8505
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Hi i'll travel from Rostock to dresden soon. When approching Berlin, there are 3 paths: eastern, western and Inner city bypasses. Which one would you recommend to take? And is there any Road work ongoing in those roads?

I know the eastern is 2x3 now but the traffic volume is higher than the western.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #8506
MichiH

Google Maps recommends the route through the city. The travel time seems to be almost the same for the three routes. There are currently no construction sites on A10 and A100. Traffic volumes on A10 are generally very low compared to the road standard. The eastern and the southern ring have 2x3 lanes. That means, both A10 routes have partially 2x3 lanes.

The situation will change soon:
- The construction works for 2km 2x3 widening just west of A11 (northern ring; map) will begin "soon" (it was reported to begin in 1st quarter 2016). It's announced to be completed by 2018.
- The construction works for 9km 2x4 widening b/n A9 and A115 (southern ring; map) will begin in April 2016. It's announced to be completed by October 2020.
- The construction works for about 29km 2x3 widening b/n A24 and A114 (northern ring; map) are announced to begin in 2017. It's a PPP project and it should be completed by 2022.

Widening works usually begin with replacing of bridges. I don't expect any noticeable problem for traffic in the coming months.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; March 6th, 2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old March 6th, 2016, 06:17 PM   #8507
SametErol
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

German Autobahns ?

HYPER HYPER !!!! No Speedlimit. Left Lane is like highspeed rail with pushing the car infront of you to the right. They are pushing you to the right
even if you drive with 220 km / h

I have seen 3 cars behind each other with a topspeed of maybe over 250 km / h with only 1 meter distance to the other car. Don't want to imagine if
one of them make a failure or brakes.

Last edited by SametErol; March 6th, 2016 at 06:22 PM.
SametErol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 02:20 PM   #8508
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Google Maps recommends the route through the city. The travel time seems to be almost the same for the three routes. There are currently no construction sites on A10 and A100. Traffic volumes on A10 are generally very low compared to the road standard. The eastern and the southern ring have 2x3 lanes. That means, both A10 routes have partially 2x3 lanes.

The situation will change soon:
- The construction works for 2km 2x3 widening just west of A11 (northern ring; map) will begin "soon" (it was reported to begin in 1st quarter 2016). It's announced to be completed by 2018.
- The construction works for 9km 2x4 widening b/n A9 and A115 (southern ring; map) will begin in April 2016. It's announced to be completed by October 2020.
- The construction works for about 29km 2x3 widening b/n A24 and A114 (northern ring; map) are announced to begin in 2017. It's a PPP project and it should be completed by 2022.

Widening works usually begin with replacing of bridges. I don't expect any noticeable problem for traffic in the coming months.

Thanks a lot pal.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:21 AM   #8509
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SametErol View Post
German Autobahns ?

HYPER HYPER !!!! No Speedlimit. Left Lane is like highspeed rail with pushing the car infront of you to the right. They are pushing you to the right
even if you drive with 220 km / h

I have seen 3 cars behind each other with a topspeed of maybe over 250 km / h with only 1 meter distance to the other car. Don't want to imagine if
one of them make a failure or brakes.
Thats what i call the right of killing. No matter which government, the car industry is ruling. I declare my bitter hate to every stupid people going any motorway with 250 kph. You deserve punishment. If you dont know what to spend your ******* money to, please pay for taking some rounds on race tracks.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

detreinbek, Heico-M liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 06:21 PM   #8510
MichiH

Bundesverkehrswegeplan 2015

Quote:
There's currently a "big demand plan" in preparation. The Bundesverkehrswegeplan 2015 (Federal traffic road plan 2015) is a law which should be passed by the Bundestag this year. It's a 10-20 year demand plan for construction of new federal roads (Autobahn and Bundesstraße) and widening of existing federal roads (except 2+1 widening) but it's not a financing plan and it does not contain renovation projects (without adding new lanes).

The current demand plan (BVWP 2003, passed in 2004) sorts projects by two categories: Urgent demand (~ 2003-15) and further demand. Urgent demand means that the Federal Government allows the road authorities (which are organized by the 16 states/"Bundesländer") to start the planning procedures. Once a project has building permits (which can take decades but usually minimum 5 years), the projects could be funded by the Federal Government via the annual Federal budget (which is quite stupid but politicians love it because they can show off... It's usually announced by the counties' politicians, that projects are finally funded and a complete project list is usually not published).

Anyway, there's a preliminary draft for the new BVWP 2015 from September 2014, the final draft was announced to be published in first quarter 2015, delayed to Mid 2015, delayed to Fall 2015, delayed to first quarter 2016 and it's announced to be published in Mid March 2016 now (it's to be discussed in a Bundestag conference from 14th to 18th March). Some state's Ministers of Transport have recently complained that the demand plan is published after their state's election in early March 2016........
Quote:
It's announced that the draft of the new BVWP 2015 will be presented on 16th March 2016 (source from 24th February and from 27th February 2016).

It will be presented to the Traffic Commission of the Bundestag on 16th March. I hope it will also be published for public / on internet that day.......
The draft of the BVWP 2015 will be presented to the Traffic Commission of the Bundestag on Wednesday, March 16th at 4PM. The conference is not public (source). It's reported by a press release of the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Transport that the Bundesländer will also be informed on Wednesday. Baden-Württemberg will publish the draft from Monday, March 21st via internet.

There's no info when the Federal Ministry of Transport will publish the draft (via internet).

LM69 liked this post
Old March 14th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #8511
MichiH

Expected 2016 motorway construction starts

It's announced or expected that the construction of the following new motorway sections will begin in 2016:

A44: AS Ringgau – AS Sontra-West ~4km (June 2016 to 2022) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: April 2006 – January 2012; complaints withdrawn; funded)

A94: north of AS Malching – north of AS Kirchham 6.0km (August 2016 to 2021/22) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: 2006 – March 2013 (stopped); March 2013 – August 2015; immediate enforcement ordered; funded)

A524: west of AS Duisburg-Huckingen – west of AK Duisburg-South (A59) 0.8km (Mid 2016 to 2018) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: ? – December 2008; funded)

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (>= Mid 2016 to >= 2020) – projectmap (NW; plan approval: 1991 – February 2007; additional approval: ? – February 2012; ? – 2016 (drainage); complaints rejected; funded)

A44: AS Waldkappel – AS Ringgau 7.9km (Summer 2016 to Mid 2020) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: September 2002 – October 2011; complaints rejected; funded)

A72: AS Rötha – AK Leipzig (A38) 7.2km (2016 to 2020?) – projectmap (SN; plan approval: Early 2011 – December 2013; funded)

A44: AS Sontra-East – AD Wommen (A4) ~7.5km (>= 2016 to >= 2020) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2011 – February 2013; complaints withdrawn; funded)

The A94 construction start was scheduled today, see press release. The 6km section costs 81 million € and includes a 450m artificial tunnel. The construction of the first bridge will begin in August 2016. The clearance works for the bridge are already completed. It's planned to open the section together with the 12.5km section b/n Kirchham and Pocking (A3) which does not yet have building permit.

Luki_SL, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #8512
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

You can view the new Bundesverkehrswegeplan (Federal Transport Plan) here: http://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Anl...ublicationFile

The road project list starts at page 90 of the PDF.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Isek liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #8513
kato2k8

Likes (Received): 106

In my opinion it's ridiculous that there are projects with a NKV of 1.0 in there. Like a dozen of them.
kato2k8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #8514
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato2k8 View Post
In my opinion it's ridiculous that there are projects with a NKV of 1.0 in there. Like a dozen of them.
That is not ridiculous, that is what politics is about.

Politics is not only executing what is economically sensible. If it were so, robots could do the job.

Politics is making decisions. Even more, politics is deciding to want or not want to do things, apart from any cost-benefit-ratio.

It is a good idea though, that you also can afford to want things which are not economically sensible. (Mütterrente, Rente mit 63 etc., just to name examples, even though off-topic. )
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #8515
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

B221n

Local and provincial officials in the Netherlands are very pleased with the fact that the B221n is adopted in the draft Bundesverkehrswegeplan with the status of high priority. It would link two high-standard roads, B56 around Geilenkirchen and the new expressway around Heerlen in the Netherlands.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #8516
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

"Internationale/r Missing Link" is a wonderful piece of literature: let's begin with a graphical patchwork because the first word is similar in the two languages... and then switch to English because we don't know how to complete the sentence

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

cinxxx, TrojaA, Attus, Kanadzie, verreme and 1 others liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2016, 05:31 AM   #8517
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

Europe is not yet perished!
Old March 21st, 2016, 10:28 PM   #8518
MichiH

Bundesverkehrswegeplan 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You can view the new Bundesverkehrswegeplan (Federal Transport Plan) here: http://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Anl...ublicationFile

The road project list starts at page 90 of the PDF.
There's a map showing all road projects: http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/map_street.html (You can click on the map to get more info about a project or you can directly select a project by entering the road name or city name on the right).

It's said that all FD, VB-E and VB projects are covered by the 2016-2030 budget (67.7 billion €).

The 67.7 billion € are for sustainment (18.0 billion €) and widening of existing roads or new roads (49.7 billion €). The 'budget for sustainment' (Erhalt) is only the share of costs for widening projects which is required anyway also if the road would not be widened.

The priority categories are:
- FD = laufend oder fest disponiert = in progress (u/c) or definitely planned/scheduled (24.3 billion € 2016-2030, thereof 8.4 billion € for sustainment and 15.9 billion € for widening or new roads)
- VB-E = vordringlicher Bedarf - Engpassbeseitigung = urgent demand - bottleneck removal (13.5 billion €, thereof 6.5 billion € for sustainment and 7.0 billion € for widening or new roads)
- VB = vordringlicher Bedarf = urgent demand (29.9 billion €, thereof 3.0 billion € for sustainment and 26.9 billion € for widening or new roads)

- WB* = weiterer Bedarf mit Planungsrecht = additional demand with
planning right (17.1 billion €, thereof 5.1 billion € for sustainment and 12.0 billion € for widening or new roads)
- WB = weiterer Bedarf = additional demand (16.1 billion €, thereof 4.1 billion € for sustainment and 12.0 billion € for widening or new roads)

There's also:
- KB* = kein Bedarf aber Prüfungsauftrag = no demand but to be checked
- KB = kein Bedarf = no demand

The 'widening and new road' budget 2016-2030 (w/o sustainment costs) is used for (source: page 38, pdf-page 51):
- 14.76 billion € for 53 new Autobahn projects with a total length of 884km (30%)
- 14.76 billion € for 167 Autobahn widening and interchange reconstruction projects with a total length of 1,685km (30%)
- 12.07 billion € for 510 B road bypass projects with a total length of 2,172km (24%)
- 8.1 billion € for 180 additional B road projects with a total length of 1,337km (16%), e.g. yellow Autobahns

btw: The name of the demand plan has been changed. It's called BVWP 2030 instead of BVWP 2015 now .

ChrisZwolle, 909, cinxxx, mcarling, Attus liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:24 PM   #8519
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2199

Quote:
The 'widening and new road' budget 2016-2030 (w/o sustainment costs) is used for (source: page 38, pdf-page 51):
- 14.76 billion € for 53 new Autobahn projects with a total length of 884km (30%)
- 14.76 billion € for 167 Autobahn widening and interchange reconstruction projects with a total length of 1,685km (30%)
- 12.07 billion € for 510 B road bypass projects with a total length of 2,172km (24%)
- 8.1 billion € for 180 additional B road projects with a total length of 1,337km (16%),
According to Bloomberg the maintenance deficit in Germany,just across roads and rail, will cost a full Quarter €Trillion to sort out by 2030

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...n-traffic-jams

And replacing EG life expired A1 Rhine Bridges could take as much as 10 years.

Germany was a country, like the US, that did infrastructure well. The poisonous Greens have all but destroyed that capability.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:29 PM   #8520
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
According to Bloomberg the maintenance deficit in Germany,just across roads and rail, will cost a full Quarter €Trillion to sort out by 2030
There needs to be a distance based toll on all non-German vehicles using Autobahns, not just trucks.

Of course, bullshit EU law won't allow that.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau