daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2016, 09:38 PM   #8601
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 294

Road trip A7 from the former inner German border to Kassel

The A7 crosses Germany from north to south, starting at the Danish border and ending at the Austrian border. The 963-kilometer-long (598 mi) Autobahn is the longest of its kind in Germany as well as in Europe. It is also one of the most frequented German Autobahn.

1,2 We're now driving towards Kassel, a city located in northern Hesse. It used to be the capital of the state of Hesse-Kassel and hence has many palaces and parks, including the Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Kassel is also known for the documenta exhibitions of contemporary art.

3 The Hanover–Würzburg high-speed railway line runs parallel to the Autobahn. It was the first of several high-speed railway lines for InterCityExpress traffic that were or are being built in Germany.

4-7 Once you see this elegant factory building, you know you're approaching Kassel.

8-10 Kassel, seen from a rest area.

By me.

Last edited by miumiuwonwon; May 12th, 2016 at 10:02 PM.
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #8602
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

I'm quite sure you mean the Hannover - Kassel - Fulda - Würzburg high speed railway The Hannover - Berlin runs quite far from Kassel.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

miumiuwonwon liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:58 PM   #8603
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
I'm quite sure you mean the Hannover - Kassel - Fulda - Würzburg high speed railway The Hannover - Berlin runs quite far from Kassel.
You're absolutely right! Thank you for correcting me.

Wilhem275 liked this post
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #8604
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The first B47 section is also funded now. Construction works for the 2nd carriageway are announced to begin in 2016. Afterwards, the existing carriageway will be renewed (source). The construction works of the 2nd section is announced to begin in 2016. It should be completed by 2022.
The construction of the 2nd carriageway west of Worms will begin next week and the construction period is 5 months, see press release.
The construction of the Worms bypass is split into 2 lots. The construction of the 1st lot will begin this summer. The announced opening is 2019. The 2nd lot is announced to be built from 2018 to 2022. See press release and a recently published project info.

B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.1km (May 2016 to October 2016) [2nd c/w] – projectmap
B47: AS Worms-West – AS Worms-Horchheimer Straße 1.1km (Summer 2016 to 2019) – projectmap
B47: AS Worms-Horchheimer Straße – AS Worms-South 1.2km (2018 to 2022) – projectmap

B30: AS Ravensburg-South – AS Karrer 3.4km (July 2013 to 2018) – projectmap

It's reported that it will be opened in late 2018 (source).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:35 PM   #8605
clickgr

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
B30: AS Ravensburg-South – AS Karrer 3.4km (July 2013 to 2018) – projectmap

It's reported that it will be opened in late 2018 (source).
Anyone knows what about the rest of B30 souther AS Karrer- Friedrichshafen? Is there any time schedule?

I have seen there are some works going at B30 outside Friedrichshafen near the airport, exactly here but I can't find any source about this.
clickgr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #8606
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickgr View Post
Anyone knows what about the rest of B30 souther AS Karrer- Friedrichshafen? Is there any time schedule?
Early planning stage. Any time schedule would be a lie!

Official project page: > click <.
Private project page: > click <.

Quote:
I have seen there are some works going at B30 outside Friedrichshafen near the airport, exactly here but I can't find any source about this.
You can see it on the map you've linked. Kehlen bypass, district road (Kreisstraße).

Project page: > click <.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:54 PM   #8607
clickgr

Quote:
Early planning stage. Any time schedule would be a lie!

Official project page: > click <.
Private project page: > click <.

You can see it on the map you've linked. Kehlen bypass, district road (Kreisstraße).

Project page: > click <.
Thanks. Is this bypass a part of the future new B30?
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #8608
MichiH

You're welcome and no, it's just a district road. That means, it's not planned to be any collector for B30 or anything else about B30. The new B30 route is not yet defined. It could be west or east of the old B30.

http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...30-G10-BW.html (The green B30 and the violet B31 sections are u/c, the red one is the one discussed)

In addition, a west-east connection to B467 is planned there:http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...67-G10-BW.html.

clickgr liked this post
Old May 15th, 2016, 08:52 AM   #8609
clickgr

Quote:
You're welcome and no, it's just a district road. That means, it's not planned to be any collector for B30 or anything else about B30. The new B30 route is not yet defined. It could be west or east of the old B30.

http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...30-G10-BW.html (The green B30 and the violet B31 sections are u/c, the red one is the one discussed)

In addition, a west-east connection to B467 is planned there:http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...67-G10-BW.html.
Thanks again. To me B30 and B31 should one day be connected each other but not where they are now connected. Somewhere outside Friedrichshafen so that all track traffic will avoid passing through the city as it happens right now and creates traffic problems. Perhaps somewhere where this B467 is, another connection further to the west around the airport towards B31 would be a good idea.

Of course B31 should be also upgraded between Immenstadt and Meersburg for such a connection to make sense.

Last edited by clickgr; May 15th, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:26 AM   #8610
MichiH

If B30 and B31 will ever been completed expressway-like, the interchange will be here. B31 would get a 2nd carriageway (http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...31-G20-BW.html).

Meersburg-Immenstaad: B31 upgrade or realignment? That's the question! Residents wanna have an upgrade only, road authorities wanna have a realignment. Nevertheless, it's still planned to have a 4-laned B31 b/n Überlingen and Friedrichshafen one day: http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...31-G10-BW.html. Überlingen bypass will remain 2+1, Friedrichshafen-Lindau might be upgrade to 2+1 too. Bavaria even submitted a 2+2 upgrade for the BVWP 2030: http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...1-G010-BY.html (2+1 upgrade is not required to be submitted for the BVWP).

Old May 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #8611
clickgr

Quote:
If B30 and B31 will ever been completed expressway-like, the interchange will be here. B31 would get a 2nd carriageway (http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...31-G20-BW.html).

Meersburg-Immenstaad: B31 upgrade or realignment? That's the question! Residents wanna have an upgrade only, road authorities wanna have a realignment. Nevertheless, it's still planned to have a 4-laned B31 b/n Überlingen and Friedrichshafen one day: http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...31-G10-BW.html. Überlingen bypass will remain 2+1, Friedrichshafen-Lindau might be upgrade to 2+1 too. Bavaria even submitted a 2+2 upgrade for the BVWP 2030: http://www.bvwp-projekte.de/strasse/...1-G010-BY.html (2+1 upgrade is not required to be submitted for the BVWP).
I am not sure what is better, upgrade or realignment but at least for the section near Hagnau the road definitely needs to be realigned in order not to pass through the town. 4 (2+2) lanes are not a luxury for this road. The traffic is normally quiet high and how the situation is right now, there is barely any spot to overtake trucks in the entire part from Meersburg to Lindau.
Old May 15th, 2016, 11:26 AM   #8612
MichiH

Quote:
4 (2+2) lanes are not a luxury for this road. The traffic is normally quiet high and how the situation is right now, there is barely any spot to overtake trucks in the entire part from Meersburg to Lindau.
AADT 2014 figures: http://www.svz-bw.de/fileadmin/verke..._VM_2014_B.pdf: 13,898 (12.2% truck share) @Überlingen, 26,785 (9.3%) @Nußdorf-Uhldingen, 20,157 (11.8%) Uhldingen-Meersburg, 29,758 (7.9%) @Meersburg-Stetten, 18,882 (11.1%) @Stetten-Hagnau, 25,968 (6.2%) @Manzell-Friedrichshafen. There's a map showing the counting locations.

Old May 16th, 2016, 11:39 AM   #8613
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

A6 Saarbrücken

The Fechingen Bridge reopened to traffic this morning after a nearly 2 month closure due to poor bridge rating. They scrapped 2000 tons of pavement from the bridge to make it lighter so it can support car traffic. Truck traffic is still banned, they built a narrow entrance gate so trucks can't physically enter the bridge.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Babenhausen Süd liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #8614
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

I have seen on Google Maps the construction site of a 1-1,5km continuation of B62/B62n, with a 200-250 meter tunnel.
Is it an experssway, or just a regular 1x1 road?
Thanks.
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:18 PM   #8615
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There seems to be more than just a bridge that needs to be replaced there.
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:37 PM   #8616
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Probably an angry trucker shot the signs

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 11:18 PM   #8617
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeculea View Post
I have seen on Google Maps the construction site of a 1-1,5km continuation of B62/B62n, with a 200-250 meter tunnel.
Is it an experssway, or just a regular 1x1 road?
Thanks.
There's a short 2x2 extension followed by a branch to the west with tunnel and a branch to the east. A 700m section west of the tunnel is to be opened in summer (source), the remaining sections are announced to be opened in fall 2016. Construction works began in April 2010. Project page.

mpeculea, Stavros86 liked this post
Old May 18th, 2016, 08:52 AM   #8618
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

Thank you.
The videos are really interesting.
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #8619
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Have not heard any noise about roadtoll in Germany for a while. Is there any news about it or is it safe to assume it will take a while before implementation?
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #8620
MichiH

The law passed the Bundestag last week, see press release. Trucks have to pay toll for all B roads from 1st July 2018. The press release is a little incorrect about the mileage. It's not for additional 40,000km but 40,000km B roads in total. 2,300km are already tolled; in total about 53,000km will be tolled from 2018. That's about 23% of all non-municipal roads.

About car toll: Dobrindt's hope is that the European Court of Justice will soon review the legality of Germany's planned toll on passenger cars. The transportation minister is certain of victory and is hoping to prove before the next federal election that his proposed toll model. (25th April)

"The European Commission calls on Germany to bring its legislation into line with EU law within two months," it said in a statement. "Otherwise, the Commission may decide to refer the case to the Court of Justice of the EU." (28th April)

Festin liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau