daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #861
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Will be A99 extended to a form of full Munich ring ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #862
thun

Atm, there's no decision to do that. Currently, they do a possibility study, afterwards the federal government decides if and how much money they would give. So, it will take a few more years to a decision.
The construction would be quite tricky because most of the area is populated or under ecologic protection.
thun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #863
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Even if they decided to do that, A99 wouldn't be a full circle. There would be two totso's near Germering.

pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #864
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I am interested what´s going on with the A7 to Austrian border, is it finished, is there construction or when will it be finished?
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #865
ABRob

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaciej7 View Post
Even if they decided to do that, A99 wouldn't be a full circle. There would be two totso's near Germering.
These are the old plans.
In the possibility study they only have a corridor yet:

But it's clear that they have to build most of the motorway in tunnel.

That's my idea:
ABRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #866
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
I am interested what´s going on with the A7 to Austrian border, is it finished, is there construction or when will it be finished?
It's under construction. It's slated for completion somewhere in half 2009.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #867
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

And will it ever be connected to the Austrian highway network?
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #868
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't think so. You need to cross the Fernpass.
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #869
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
I don't think so. You need to cross the Fernpass.
but B2/177 route doesn't look bad, it doesn't have a lot of curves at all. it follows Isartal and in Austria it is not too bad neither. maybe there is some space for motorway
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #870
thun

Different route at all. The B2/177 runs from Garmisch to Zirl in the Inntal and has a insane steep hill right above Zirl. So it's closed for lorries and all other vehicles except cars and therefore, there's no possibility to build a motorway. Fernpass is between Füssen and Imst.

The A7 is under construction to Füssen right now. The Fernpass road is slowly extended but will (hopefully) never become an expressway. Now it's closed for lorries (except they go to the area), and noone wants to have another heavy freight route through the Alps.

Btw., The last gap on A96 between Munich and Memmingen is closed from today on. So there's only one left on this road.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #871
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Good!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #872
ABRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
I've driven the German A2 whenever I visited my family in Munster and I remember making my way trough a ridiculous bottleneck in Bad Oeynausen. Just before the town, the autobahn turns into a city avenue (which is terribly jammed most of the time) running through the very centre to turn into the same autobahn again past the town.
I've always wondered why they couldn't just build a motorway bypass of the city. Maybe there was something to do with environmentalists and all that stuff, I've no idea. Anyone knows why?
I'm from that town (Bad Oeynhausen).
They're planing the autobahn since the 1960s but there are a lot of NIMBYs against it.
Now most of the planings are finished and the NIMBYs went to court to avoid the autobahn.
[...]
It's quite possible that work starts this year - they need 5 years to build it.
Finally, the Federal Administrative Court of Germany (Bundesverwaltungsgericht) decided that the road can be build!

Work can start in 2 or 3 months.
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #873
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Finally. But why does it take 5 years to build this freaking short piece of Autobahn?
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #874
Timon91
Error

Because it's Germany
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #875
HAWC1506

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Finally. But why does it take 5 years to build this freaking short piece of Autobahn?
It'll take 20 in the U.S...
HAWC1506 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #876
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Kruijk View Post
And will it ever be connected to the Austrian highway network?
It already does. Grenztunnel Füssen is open for a couple of years now.
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #877
Timon91
Error

I know, I've driven through it two years ago. However, on the Austrian side you still have to drive 70 kms to get to the nearest highway (A12)
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #878
ABRob

Quote:
They build a cut-and-cover-tunnel there (3 years), but to build this tunnel, they must build a bridge over the river Werre first (2.5 Years).
Thats the main rason.

For more information see my German post here.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #879
thun

To A7:

Until now, there's NO highway connection between A7 and the Austrian highway south of the border because you still have to go the last 10km on German side on country roads (believe me, I life there). The current construction closes the gap on the German side between Nesselwang and Grenztunnel (which will finally free the tourist villages there from heavy traffic). On the Austrian side, the first some 20km to Reutte are a highway (1+1 "Schnellstraße") since many years. On the way to Fernpass, they are building a tunnel around Heiterwang. Then Bichlbach is the only village you have to got through in the Außerfern (the region between Füssen and Fernpass) which should allow quite easy traffeling for cars (as I wrote, lorries are normally prohibited on the route).
There's no official plan to connect A7 with the Austrian Inntalautobahn across Fernpass as the German and Austrian governments decided that they won't create another heavy-load transit corridor through the Alps. And hopefully, this will never happen!!
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #880
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by thun View Post
To A7:

Until now, there's NO highway connection between A7 and the Austrian highway south of the border because you still have to go the last 10km on German side on country roads (believe me, I life there). The current construction closes the gap on the German side between Nesselwang and Grenztunnel (which will finally free the tourist villages there from heavy traffic). On the Austrian side, the first some 20km to Reutte are a highway (1+1 "Schnellstraße") since many years. On the way to Fernpass, they are building a tunnel around Heiterwang. Then Bichlbach is the only village you have to got through in the Außerfern (the region between Füssen and Fernpass) which should allow quite easy traffeling for cars (as I wrote, lorries are normally prohibited on the route).
There's no official plan to connect A7 with the Austrian Inntalautobahn across Fernpass as the German and Austrian governments decided that they won't create another heavy-load transit corridor through the Alps. And hopefully, this will never happen!!
You seem to know this route and you still claim there were no highway connection. I don't get you. Guess what the B 179 and B 189 are. There are both highways and bridge the missing motorway link.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau