daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #8921
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heico-M View Post
They call him "Crazy Horst" and I think he likes it

Yeah, but at what price? Going to opposition next legislation period?
Why the hell should it happen?

Not many Germans really care about foreigner tolls because they have no disadvantage for themselves. If I had to decide, voting for a party doing many good things but one bad which doesn't affect me at all or voting for a party which announces a lot ot bullshit which will never be implemented because they need a coalition partner and no other party would ever fully agree? Why the hell should I protest vote? To risk an instable political situation? For sure, it would be worse for Germany, Europe and the world compared to some foreigners complaining for being disadvantaged? If the law is not according to EU rules, ECJ will reject the law. Why should I not trust in ECJ?

For sure, CSU party will get > 50% in Bavaria and why should any Non-Bavarian-German not vote for CDU party just because of this detail except Horst or any other CSU politician will be the front-runner and his major topic is the "foreigner toll"? I even think, there are more people who would vote for CDU/CSU because of foreigner toll...

I've listened to a comedy gag on the radio today. Angela, Horst and Sigi (Merkel, Seehofer and Gabriel) are talking about the future CDU/CSU front-runner / Chancellor candidate. Sigi asked Horst if he would immediately forbid wearing burqinis when being in force. Horst answered: "Nein, bei uns wird alles verschleiert" (No, we will mask/fake everything). Horst and Sigi argued till Angela said: "Nein, Horst, wir lassen das!" ("no, we'll reject it"), which is a wordplay to the famous Merkel-Pro-Immigrants saying "wir schaffen das!" ("we'll manage it"). Of course, Horst was happy and said "Finally"!

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2016, 11:41 PM   #8922
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

I understand your point, but your assumption is still, that a car toll only for foreigners is in line with the EU legislation. In my point of view, it is not. Otherwise the EU commission had not taken action.

The EU commission is not a European Government, it is "only" the keeper of the EU contracts. And it sees a contract violation because foreigners are being discriminated.

(Guess this has been discussed before, hasn't it?)
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 11:35 PM   #8923
MichiH

I think you don't get me. EU commission claimed that it's not legal. Bundesregierung had to give their opinion. They did and wait for EU commission now. If EU commission still thinks that it's not legal they'll meet at ECJ...

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 2nd, 2016, 12:05 AM   #8924
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Why the hell should I protest vote? To risk an instable political situation? For sure, it would be worse for Germany, Europe and the world compared to some foreigners complaining for being disadvantaged? If the law is not according to EU rules, ECJ will reject the law. Why should I not trust in ECJ?
I'm probably an idealist, but a good answer would be "To help improving the horrible image that the German voter is getting".

I believe the whole continent is living a time of extra-populistic politics, so I'm not blaming the Germans for being worse than the rest.
But, if it was me, I'd try to do my part to correct these distortions.

It's not just the foreigners toll, it's also using the KBA as a propaganda instrument to attack VW's competitors instead of applying justice for the Dieselgate scandal.
The political line seems to be "Hey, we're above than the rest, we can do what we want".

It's a politician's job to propose bullshit like that.
It should be his voters' job to send him home with a kick in his butt.

If this doesn't happen, and instead that politician is getting more support, it's just natural that the general opinion shifts from "Dobrindt is an arsehole" to "All the Germans are arseholes, they like him".
I use to be the one that opposes the anti-German sentiments, but lately I'm having a hard time in justifying certain choices.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

verreme, Tom 958, JB Colbert liked this post

Last edited by Wilhem275; September 2nd, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 09:42 PM   #8925
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The Fechingen Bridge reopened to traffic this morning after a nearly 2 month closure due to poor bridge rating. They scrapped 2000 tons of pavement from the bridge to make it lighter so it can support car traffic. Truck traffic is still banned, they built a narrow entrance gate so trucks can't physically enter the bridge.
It was planned to open the A6 bridge near Fechingen for trucks by the end of 2016 but it's announced now that it will be opened on 31st October 2016. See press release.

Old September 2nd, 2016, 09:54 PM   #8926
MichiH

A44 Kassel - Eisenach

A news article reports about the current progress: > click <.

Quote:
A44: AS Helsa-East – AS Hessisch Lichtenau-West 6.1km (May 2010 to Late 2019) – projectmap
Probably to be opened in 2020.

Quote:
A44: AS Hessisch Lichtenau-East – Hasselbach 4.3km (September 2010 to 2017) – projectmap
A company complaint about a contract award which caused a delay of 1 year. Approximately to be opened in spring 2018.

Quote:
A44: Hasselbach – AS Waldkappel 6.9km (March 2011 to 2017) – projectmap
Almost completed, just signage and marking missing but the section cannot be opened without the neighboring section. Approximately to be opened in spring 2018.

Quote:
A44: AS Waldkappel – AS Ringgau 7.9km (July 2016 to Mid 2020) – projectmap
Estimated opening date: 2020.

Old September 3rd, 2016, 07:38 PM   #8927
HarryMiller

Likes (Received): 2066

Little OT:
Has anyone projects from WW2 (after 1941) on the occupied areas, i.e. General Gouvernement and Reichskommissariat Ostland and Ukraine?
I've found a project from 1941, which didn't included theses areas.

Scheme from a Finnish site (includes GG, but i don't know a source where it was taken from, and some roads exclude with a previous project).

Who has more?

loloo liked this post
HarryMiller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:25 PM   #8928
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMiller View Post
Little OT:
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMiller View Post
Has anyone projects from WW2 (after 1941) on the occupied areas, i.e. General Gouvernement and Reichskommissariat Ostland and Ukraine?
I only know about Strecke 88 in Czech Republic and Strecke 90(?) in Denmark. Maybe some routes in "occupied" Poland?

There's a lot of stuff about Reichsautobahnen, e.g.:
http://www.autobahngeschichte.de/
http://www.berlinka.pcp.pl/
http://www.webreichsautobahn.de/
http://www.reichsautobahn.de

HarryMiller, Luki_SL liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; September 3rd, 2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old September 5th, 2016, 10:22 AM   #8929
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 433

A3 Lahn valley bridge update (Lahntalbrücke)

Demolition of an overpass of the approach to the old bridge. I'm a bit sad to see it go as the stone part of it probably is from the original 30s Reichsautobahn, AFAIK.

The second new bridge is now almost complete. It doesn't carry any traffic yet, though.

This is the progress of the demolition process of the old Lahntalbrücke.

Apart from that, the previously faulty pavement of the first new bridge was changed and is now quite smooth.
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 12:56 PM   #8930
ГАЗ-2434
BANNED

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Little OT:
I have never heard about this but it can be possible that the Reich leadership wanted to build road infrastructure all the way to the eastern borders of the Reich. It is logical because they've wanted to make their journey far more easier and quicker. I think that they would not have in mind to construct a network dense as it was in areas in the western part of the Reich but some sort of a plan had to exist.

AsHalt liked this post
ГАЗ-2434 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 01:25 PM   #8931
MichiH

It was discussed to build an extraterritorial Autobahn through Poland to have a continuous Autobahn to East Prussia but Pols didn't agree. It was prior to occupation though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlinka (there are some maps linked at the end of the article)

ГАЗ-2434 liked this post
Old September 7th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #8932
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Just read in the paper that A99 between Munich-Nord and exit Ismaning will be widened to 2x4 over 6km. Should be finished in 2019.
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:19 PM   #8933
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Yes, there was a huge setback with this project. A99 is one of the few Autobahns in Germany with space for eight lanes, they would not have to replace bridges to widen it. However, earlier this year they found out that nearly all bridges need to be replaced anyway due to the poor condition.

http://www.merkur.de/lokales/muenche...n-6160468.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:58 PM   #8934
MichiH

Groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for Monday.

Old September 9th, 2016, 04:06 PM   #8935
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Not really a highway update but on the 'Middle Ring' in Munich there are some changes:

- Middle ring east bound through the English Garden will get an extra lane between Tücherpark and Osterwaldstrasse. Work is already under way and should be finished end of October. After this extension the traffic light will disappear but lane width will be reduced to 3 meters.
- Middle ring Landshuter Allee will be moved into a tunnel between the existing tunnel and the Dachauer Strasse. This is one of the busiest sections of the Mitteler Ring with over 100,000 cars a day. Sadly it will be a 2x2 tunnel and the intersection with the Georg Brauchl ring is not affected.

Somehow Munich seems to love spending billions on car tunnels that do not bring any capacity upgrade. The only difference is that the traffic jams go underground.
Old September 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #8936
Ryme Intrinseca

Likes (Received): 119

Following on from my EU interchanges thread, here's my breakdown of four-way full access freeflow interchanges in Germany:

SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by Ryme Intrinseca; September 9th, 2016 at 04:39 PM.
Ryme Intrinseca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #8937
MichiH

Quote:
B33: AS Offenburg-Zunsweier – AS Gengenbach-North 2.8km (October 2010 to September 2016) – ? – map
B33: AS Offenburg-Elgersweier (B3) – AS Offenburg-Zunsweier 2.4km (October 2010 to Early 2018) – ? – map
The first section is announced to be opened in Mid October 2016. The second section is announced to be opened in spring 2018. See press release.

Luki_SL liked this post
Old September 17th, 2016, 12:46 PM   #8938
Flor!an

Likes (Received): 4389

A 39: Teilabschnitt in Lüneburg erhält zusätzlichen Fahrstreifen
http://www.mw.niedersachsen.de/aktue...en-147048.html
Flor!an está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 12:51 PM   #8939
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Those are auxiliary lanes between exits, to eliminate unnecessary weaving for traffic that uses the road only between two exits.

It's no cheap fix though, this section does currently not have shoulders and several bridges would need to be replaced / widened, especially if they want it to upgrade to A39, which would generally require a shoulder in addition to the auxiliary lane, making the carriageway almost twice as wide.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Flor!an liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #8940
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Hochmoselbrücke - Sep 2016 / 7 by Attila Németh, on Flickr
Hochmoselbrücke - Sep 2016 / 5 by Attila Németh, on Flickr

Some more new pictures of Hochmoselbrücke, bridge of expressway B50 over Mosel river (in construction). The new ones are on the top.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau