daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2016, 07:00 PM   #8981
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

25.5km out of 47.2km are to be widened. The first Neckar bridge should be opened in early 2019, 3+3 on the first c/w. The 2nd bridge should be completed by June 2022.
The construction period of the western-most section Wiesloch-Sinsheim is spring 2017 to late 2020. The PPP tender procedure took 2 years.

http://vm.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/m...er-a6-erteilt/
http://www.rnz.de/nachrichten/sinshe...id,229658.html

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2016, 08:07 PM   #8982
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

I did not know about this tunnel

Luki_SL, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2016, 10:11 PM   #8983
MichiH

The Old Elbe Tunnel with car lifts (map).

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; October 23rd, 2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM   #8984
MichiH

B47 Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
The construction of the 2nd carriageway west of Worms will begin next week and the construction period is 5 months, see press release.
The construction of the Worms bypass is split into 2 lots. The construction of the 1st lot will begin this summer. The announced opening is 2019. The 2nd lot is announced to be built from 2018 to 2022. See press release and a recently published project info.

B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.1km (May 2016 to October 2016) [2nd c/w] – projectmap
The 2nd c/w will be completed in November 2016. Afterwards, the 1st c/w will be closed due to renovation works. 4 lanes will be in service from December 2016 (which was previously announced for October 2016). Source.
The new c/w will be put into service this weekend. However, the renovation of the old c/w is announced to be completed by spring 2017 instead of December 2016 now. The section will feature 4 lanes afterwards. Source.

Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:34 PM   #8985
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I did not know about this tunnel
Strange that cars are still allowed. They must make the tunnel so much less pleasant (and healthy) for the pedestrians and bicyclists.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM   #8986
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

I'm shocked they haven't replaced it with a modern tunnel.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:18 PM   #8987
MichiH

There's a tunnel with 4 tubes just 3km to the west and bridges just 4km to the east...

The eastern tube of the old tunnel is currenly renovated. It costs more than 60 million €. The old tunnels are used by about 1,400 cars/day. Source.

Old October 24th, 2016, 12:54 AM   #8988
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8964

A8 - controlled demolition of an old bridge from 1936/37.

What Is Love?

cinxxx, TM_Germany, bogdymol, Blackraven liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #8989
MichiH

A44 Düsseldorf - Essen

Quote:
It's announced or expected that the construction of the following new motorway sections will begin in 2016:

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (>= Mid 2016 to >= 2020) – projectmap (NW; plan approval: 1991 – February 2007; additional approval: ? – February 2012; ? – 2016 (drainage); complaints rejected; funded)
The construction of the first bridge (height: 33m; length: 386m) began in September 2016* although the plan supplemention procedure about drainage issues is still ongoing - the location of the bridge is east of the devide and not affected by this issue. The final plan approval order is announced to be passed in 1st quarter 2017. The opening of the section might be in 2021 (sometimes 2020 was announced though).

*I had no confirmation but it's finally confirmed now

Sources: > click <, > click <, > click <, > click <.

Summary of the sections u/c:

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (September 2016 to 2021) – projectmap
A44: AS Heiligenhaus – AS Heiligenhaus-Hetterscheidt 4.9km (April 2010 to October 2017) – projectmap

There's still a gap in Essen b/n the end of A44 and A52. The Ruhralleetunnel project has further demand with planning right by the BVWP 2030. The 3.1km Autobahn is expected to be built after 2030. Predicted AADT 2030: 60,000 vehicles/day. Cost-benefit-relation: 6.9. Total costs: 363.6 million €. 2x2 alignment planned.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old October 30th, 2016, 12:40 PM   #8990
MichiH

B33 Kinzigtal

Quote:
Quote:
B33: AS Offenburg-Zunsweier – AS Gengenbach-North 2.8km (October 2010 to September 2016) – ? – map
B33: AS Offenburg-Elgersweier (B3) – AS Offenburg-Zunsweier 2.4km (October 2010 to Early 2018) – ? – map
The first section is announced to be opened in Mid October 2016. The second section is announced to be opened in spring 2018. See press release.
The first section was opened 2x2 on 25th October 2016. Source.

Old October 30th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #8991
MichiH

B85 upgrade in Bavaria

Quote:
Quote:
There are plans to upgrade the B85 b/n A6 interchange Amberg-East and A93 interchange Schwandorf-North (A93) (~15km; OSM) as well as b/n A93 interchange Schwandorf-Center and interchange Cham-East (B22) (~40km; OSM) by adding a 2nd carriageway (w/o hard shoulders). It is part of the current BVWP 2003 and part of the state's proposal for the new BVWP 2015.

The two westernmost parts (~32km) - west of the B16 - have further demand only but the Neubäu bypass would be the first carriageway (urgent demand).
The plan approval procedure began in January 2010. The plan approval order was passed in March 2013. It was challenged but it's definitive (bestandskräftig) since January 2015. The construction funding was passed in July 2015 (16.7 million €) and works began last week, see news article. The official groundbreaking ceremony will be next Monday though. There's a large map of the bypass: > click <. The bypass will feature 3 lanes (2+1).

B85: AS Neubäu-West – AS Neubäu-East 4.0km (November 2015 to 2018) [1st c/w] – projectmap

Quote:
There is also a 2nd through-road in Altenkreith (5.5km; urgent demand; OSM) which is planned to be replaced by a 4-laned bypass.
The next section is adding a 2nd carriageway b/n Altenkreith and Pliending (3.4km; OSM). The plan approval procedure was announced to be started in late 2013 (but not yet started).
The plan approval procedure began in July 2014.
The plan approval order was passed a week ago. Source. The Federal Minister of Transport has consistently announced that the construction will immediately be funded if there are no complaints (or the complaints would be withdrawn/rejected), see sources below.

Quote:
Quote:
The preliminary works on the 3.2km section b/n Pliending and Untertraubenbach have been started in August 2012 (OSM). An auxiliary road was built meantime. The works for a 430m tunnel will be started in March 2014 (source; webcam; project page; 42 million €). This section is planned to be completed until late 2017. It will become an expressway. This should be the "real" beginning of the construction.
B85: Piendling – Untertraubenbach 3.2km (March 2014 to October 2017) – projectmap
The section was announced to be partially opened this October. Afterwards, it was just announced to be opened this October but I thought it's just the announced partial opening. However, the entire section was opened on 28th October 2016 (opening ceremony on 27th October). Only 1 lane for carriageway is currently opened because of some remaining works.

Sources: > click <, > click <, > click <, > click <.

Quote:
Quote:
The subsequent 8km section is already 4-laned. The last 2km section b/n Cham-South and Cham-East is also urgent demand (OSM).

Old October 30th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #8992
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
if there are no complaints (or the complaints would be withdrawn/rejected),
I read this quite often in German media, and I find it naive or they have unrealistic expectations about plans being approved without at least one complaint.

Road projects with no appeals are an exception, and they should plan accordingly instead of wishful thinking nobody would complain.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 01:41 PM   #8993
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I read this quite often in German media, and I find it naive or they have unrealistic expectations
True! I read this kind of announcements every day. They're unrealistic if it's prior the beginning of the plan approval procedure. However, I think it's ok if the plan approval order is passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
about plans being approved without at least one complaint.
Road projects with no appeals are an exception, and they should plan accordingly instead of wishful thinking nobody would complain.
That's not true. Autobahn widenings are usually not complaint at all and bypasses or other new B road projects are often complaint but not as extreme as you claim.

However, there are often many objections during the plan approval procedure. For instance, more than 1,000 objections about the western-most A20 section, see press release. A plan supplementation procedure for that section begins now.

btw: The court hearing about the 2nd plan approval order for the A20 Elbe tunnel took place last week (Lower Saxony order). The pronouncement is announced for 10th November. The complaints against the Schleswig-Holstein order were rejected last April but a municipality and a nature conservation organisation made appeals on an institutional issue (Verfassungsbeschwerde) at the highest German court in Karsruhe. Source.

Old November 7th, 2016, 12:31 AM   #8994
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Brussels-Berlin ‘close to agreement’ on Autobahn tax

Quote:
Just a few short weeks after the European Commission took Germany to the European Court of Justice over its planned car toll, the dispute seems to be close to reaching an agreement.

The Commission initiated the infringement proceedings in June 2015 and sent a reasoned opinion to Berlin in April before referring Germany to court on September 29.

“The Commission considers that the German system fails to comply with the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU (TFEU) principles of non-discrimination based on nationality and the free movement of goods and services,” said the Commission at the time.

The EU Commissioner for transport, Violetta Bulc, has been a strong supporter of the infringement proceedings, having suggested back in June 2015 that such a development would be “in the interest of EU citizens”.
Full article: https://www.neweurope.eu/article/bru...-autobahn-tax/
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #8995
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I sincerely hope that my country introduces a road tax solely for Germans. And every other country in Europe, too. Provided that most Germans who visit Majorca rent a Spanish-registered car, we should also implement a tax on car rentals. But only for Germans.

That would be ridiculous. Like German voters claiming for a road tax on foreigners.
Old November 7th, 2016, 12:52 AM   #8996
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
I sincerely hope that my country introduces a road tax solely for Germans. And every other country in Europe, too. Provided that most Germans who visit Majorca rent a Spanish-registered car, we should also implement a tax on car rentals. But only for Germans.

That would be ridiculous. Like German voters claiming for a road tax on foreigners.
They already pay taxes for road through other bills, why should they pay twice?
It is not like it is free to travel through the surrounding countries. Beside Germany is basically the only country in Europe to have legit reason for a road tax, since it is the main tranzit country connecting south and north, west and east.

One should rather be upset with those countries that makes you pay for their non exisiting motorway or where tthey only have one motorway that is maximum 200 km. Compare that to Germany...
Old November 7th, 2016, 01:49 AM   #8997
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

As said like a thousand times: countries which require a toll for their motorways, require it to both locals and foreigners.

Germany wants to toll its motorways? Their free choice, but it must be for both locals and foreigners.

Keyword: both locals and foreigners. The rest is populist bullcrap.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

verreme, keokiracer, Ni3lS, Suburbanist, o0ink liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 05:41 AM   #8998
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4258

Nah, foreigners should pay. Unless of course they wish to pay taxes in Germany to maintain the road network.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 12:22 PM   #8999
Exethalion
Remember Me

I think the Commission are overstepping the mark with this ruling. It is Germany's decision as an important transit country to hold such a tax. Suffice to say that regardless of the current politics, this would have not gone down well in the UK.
Exethalion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #9000
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
Nah, foreigners should pay. Unless of course they wish to pay taxes in Germany to maintain the road network.
Fine, then pay our road tax too. And if you come to Spain, don't forget to pay for French roads too. Some of them are tolled, but some of them are not, and German-registered plates are also ripping tarmac off them.

As said before: ridiculous, populist bullsh*t.

geogregor, JuergenSchT liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau