daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2016, 12:36 AM   #9041
rheintram
yeah, whatever

Likes (Received): 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by flierfy View Post
The town of Bregenz and its people testify it each and every day how fair the Austrian system really is. You can twist it as much as you want but the Austrian tolling system is one that aims at maximum revenues from foreign drivers even if that means that some Austrian towns drown in traffic.
you are crazy. I grew up near Bregenz and worked there later. The town drowns in traffic because many people (Germans) are too cheap to pay the toll stickers, which cost the same for everyone. There are no taxbreaks for residents of Austria, such as the extremely unfair system that is planned in Germany.

rudiwien liked this post
rheintram no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2016, 10:21 AM   #9042
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

Well, they should have stuck with the Korridorvignette. It was only 2€, and I'M sure most people won't mind paying that for only bypassing Bregenz. I traveled to Switzerland and back and didn't get the Pickerl for just that small stretch, enjoyed the Bodensee scenery and didn't waste so much time. I have no trouble buying the Vignette if I travel more then 50-100km of Austrian roads...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #9043
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenkey View Post

For small CE countries vignette makes a lot of sense, since most are so small, people don't even need to stop there for a coffee and pay value added tax on that when they drive through it with location is in the hearth of Europe they get loads of transit traffic from which the country gets nothing while it is a huge strain on infrastructure of smaller nations.

While for Germany almost nobody drives through it, but it is at least a stop or an end destination to do business, which is the real money anyway.

???

Look at the map of Europe as well as the ferry routes. Basically from Scandinavia (~30 million pop.) to the south/west and vice versa Germany is The Transit country. Not to mention Poland<>UK/France/Spain and so on.
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #9044
flusispieler

Likes (Received): 16

A1 repavement between Neuenkirchen/Vörden and Lohne/Dinklage is nearing completion. However the widening to 6 lanes will be postponed. Apparently the state of Lower Saxony is missing funding for widening. Start of construction is now expected to be in 2018.

oldenburgische-volkszeitung.de/index.php?news=6576
flusispieler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 06:15 PM   #9045
Koesj
Historian

Likes (Received): 72

Wir stauen für Sie.
Old November 26th, 2016, 10:45 PM   #9046
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Construction site on A3 near Langenfeld today. Radio reported one hour delay between Köln-Heumar and Langenfeld (northbound).
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #9047
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

B255 Ettinghausen - Niederahr

The 5.8 kilometer bypass of Ettinghausen, Oberahr and Niederahr opened to traffic today. It is a three to four lane road with full control of access through interchanges. It is part of B255, just north of A3 in Rheinland-Pfalz. The project took more than 9 years to be completed.

Construction started in August 2007. After 7.5 years, the northernmost 2.5 km was opened to traffic, but only for cars, 25 March 2015. The remaining segment was opened today, including the northern part for semi trucks.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 08:44 PM   #9048
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The 5.8 kilometer bypass of Ettinghausen, Oberahr and Niederahr opened to traffic today. It is a three to four lane road with full control of access through interchanges. It is part of B255, just north of A3 in Rheinland-Pfalz. The project took more than 9 years to be completed.

Construction started in August 2007. After 7.5 years, the northernmost 2.5 km was opened to traffic, but only for cars, 25 March 2015. The remaining segment was opened today, including the northern part for semi trucks.
The section opened today was planned to feature 2x2 lanes but the design of a railway bridge was changed by Deutsche Bahn. There's still enough space for 2x2 lanes (2x8m) but the bridge is in a curve and the pile is wider on top because it was turned by 90°. It was planned to have 2+1 lanes there but that's also not possible. It will remain 1+1 because the construction of a new bridge would be too expensive. 2x2 begins south of the bridge now.

source: Focus

source: Welt

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; November 28th, 2016 at 08:49 PM.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 07:26 AM   #9049
Isek

Likes (Received): 1226

This planning mistake was up and down in all media the last week! Don't know if i should cry or laugh!

detreinbek liked this post
Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #9050
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A30 Osnabrück - Bad Oeynhausen

The renovation of A30 between Osnabrück and Bad Oeynhausen rolls on. Construction has started on a 4 kilometer segment between Kirchlengern and Löhne. As with the other segments before, they will replace the pavement, renew drainage and build concrete barriers in the median.

The construction will last into 2020. The reason for the long construction time is the complete replacement of a bridge across the Werre River. The bridge, completed in 1971, is a concrete box-girder bridge. It will be demolished and rebuild. As far as I know it is the first bridge of A30 to be replaced, as this motorway is not as old as some other routes (built mainly in the 1970s and first half of the 1980s).

A30 crosses the Werre River five times between Kirchlengern and Bad Oeynhausen. They will replace the westernmost bridge, which is the first bridge past the Kirchlengern exit. The other Werre Bridge on this stretch will be renovated and strengthened.

The A30 renovation between Osnabrück and Bad Oeynhausen (circa 50 km) started in 2003. It was originally planned to be completed by 2010, however the works have dragged on far beyond its initial planned completion date. It seems that Kirchlengern - Löhne is the last segment of A30 to be renovated, and is planned for completion in Summer 2020.

They also expanded a motorway service area and built one new rest area on this stretch. A30 is a main east-west trucking corridor from the Netherlands to Poland and beyond, as it feeds directly into A2 to Hannover.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Surel liked this post
Old December 1st, 2016, 10:43 PM   #9051
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Autobahn tolls

The European Commission and Dobrindt reached an agreement over the planned Autobahn tolls today.

This the planned toll scheme for an annual vignette and 10-day vignette, according to Focus.

There are 5 toll rates for each vignette, depending on vehicle type. I'm not sure what the exact details are, Die Welt stated that it is based on engine size and emissions.

The € 2.50 10-day vignette would be by far the cheapest vignette in Europe. It is also the only vignette in Europe which has various rates depending on the vehicle type, in other countries you just pay the same fee whether you drive an Audi Q7 or a Volkswagen Up!.
Old December 1st, 2016, 10:55 PM   #9052
Christian_AT

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The European Commission and Dobrindt reached an agreement over the planned Autobahn tolls today.

This the planned toll scheme for an annual vignette and 10-day vignette, according to Focus.

There are 5 toll rates for each vignette, depending on vehicle type. I'm not sure what the exact details are, Die Welt stated that it is based on engine size and emissions.

The € 2.50 10-day vignette would be by far the cheapest vignette in Europe. It is also the only vignette in Europe which has various rates depending on the vehicle type, in other countries you just pay the same fee whether you drive an Audi Q7 or a Volkswagen Up!.
simply forget it

a politican who wants to celebrate a victory, all information has the sub-sentence "after the next election" what simply means "it is a lot of hot air", i follow this topic since years because i am born 300 meters from the border to germany and i would be affected if it comes

other facts, in the first version germans pay nothing, are +- 0 Euros, only non germans pay, this system a lot of experts says the non germans do NOT cover the costs of the system, generate money is not realistic, now with the changes germans pay less and non germans pay less BUT the new system still generates the same amount of money ???

JuergenSchT liked this post
Christian_AT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM   #9053
MichiH

It's said that Germans have to pay less than before and even foreigners have to pay less than planned before. However, they claim, that income will be the same - because more foreigners will drive in Germany

That would mean, they were too stupid to calculate the increase but they've finally consider it now...

btw: The Bundesverkehrswegeplan 2030 (demand plan) has passed the Bundestag today, see press release. 132.8 billion € investment for Autobahn and Bundesstraßen upgrades till 2030.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old December 4th, 2016, 07:40 PM   #9054
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A71

I filmed A71 through the Thuringian Forest (Thüringer Wald). It's one of the most scenic Autobahns in Germany, with a lot of big bridges and several tunnels.

Old December 7th, 2016, 08:35 PM   #9055
MichiH

A1 Rhine bridge Leverkusen

News about the infamous A1 Rhine bridge Leverkusen north of Cologne which is currently closed for trucks (however, some trucks still pass the gate, e.g. just break through and destroy the barrier).

The plan approval procedure for the new wider bridge began in November 2015. The public hearing took place in July 2016. The plan approval order was passed in late November 2016. The documents have about 1,000 pages. The public review process began on 24th November and will end tomorrow. Complains must be submitted till 8th January. However, the first initiative (NGL, Netzwerk gegen Lärm, Feinstaub und andere Immissionen --> Network against noise, particulates and other immissions) has already filed a lawsuit at the Federal Administrative Court. They've requested that works are not allowed to begin. They must provide their complaint reason till 10th January 2017.

The court has instructed the road authority (Straßen.NRW) that no implementation works are allowed. For instance, if Straßen.NRW wanna start clearance works - which was announced to be started in January and must be done till 28th February for nature protection reason - they have to ask the court first.

It was expected that the official groundbreaking ceremony will take place in May but real construction works should begin in summer 2017.

Additionally, another initiative 'Lev muss leben' (Leverkusen must live) has announced a complaint too.

Sources:
http://www.bezreg-koeln.nrw.de/brk_i...075/index.html
http://www.ksta.de/region/leverkusen...eiter-25119730
http://www.focus.de/regional/koeln/a...d_6253003.html
http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/...-aid-1.6447627

Luki_SL liked this post
Old December 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM   #9056
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Not to mention the opposition against the replacement of the A1 viaduct in Leverkusen itself (between A59 and A3), which is not part of this plan approval order, but is planned separately.

By the way the replacement of the Rhine River Bridge is planned across a chemical waste dump on the Leverkusen side. They even demolished a whole neighborhood in the 1980s because people got seriously ill.
Old December 8th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #9057
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 118

Thanks for the update.
I hope the court will quickly dismiss these foolish claims and that things can get moving fast.
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 09:22 PM   #9058
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A44, Kassel

According to HNA, the decision has been made to demolish the Fulda Bridge at Kassel-Bergshausen and replace it will a new bridge further south. The project is estimated to cost € 115 million.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, SRC_100 liked this post
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #9059
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 791

And take 20 years?
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:32 AM   #9060
detreinbek

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_scotty View Post
And take 20 years?
In Germany YES !! May be somebody find a Red Listed fish in the Fulda river
detreinbek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau