daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2016, 09:10 PM   #9061
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

A44 realignment project is in a very early planning stage. The bridge will feature 2x3 lanes. Estimated costs are 135 million € according to HNA, source.

I monitor the "planning progress" for years now. The first news article about planning start is from August 2010:

Quote:
Einen ungefähren Zeitplan gibt es auch schon:
• Ab Oktober 2010 läuft die Voruntersuchung für den sechsstreifigen Ausbau und Standort der neuen Brücke.
• Im September 2011 beginnt die Detailplanung.
• Im Juni oder Juli 2012 soll der Vorentwurf fertig sein und dem Bundesverkehrsministerium in Bonn zur Genehmigung vorgelegt werden.
• Ende 2012 könnte das Planfeststellungsverfahren eingeleitet werden, an dessen Ende 2013 mit dem Planfeststellungsbeschluss das Baurecht stehen sollte.
• 2014 läuft das Beteiligungsverfahren an.
• Anfang 2015 würde das Projekt europaweit ausgeschrieben, nach der Auftragsvergabe wird ein halbes Jahr für die Ausführungsplanung benötigt. Bei einer Bauzeit von mindestens fünf Jahren könnte die neue Brücke die Fulda im Jahr 2020 überspannen. Rehbein: "Das ist aber eine sehr optimistische Zeitschiene, die nur eingehalten werden kann, wenn nicht geklagt wird und wenn alles reibungslos läuft."

-->

There's already a time schedule:
• Planning procedure will start in October 2010
• Detailed planning will start in September 2011
• Detailed planning completed by June/July 2012
• Plan approval procedure will start in late 2012, order wil be passed by late 2013
• Tender procedure will start in early 2015, construction time 5 years, to be completed in 2020
However, that's very optimistic, it's only possible if there are no complains* and if everything goes smoothly
*Complains can only be submitted once the plan approval order is passed.

Conclusion: We've reached the "September 2011" milestone now. The first step took 6 years instead of 1 year...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:13 PM   #9062
MichiH

A14 Schwerin - Magdeburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
There's no prediction about the plan approval order of the next section Karstädt – Wittenberge (17.5km).
Still no prediction.

Quote:
The plan approval order for the Elbe crossing section (10.8km) was announced to be passed in late 2015.
Announced to be passed 2017/18.

Quote:
The plan approval orders b/n Elbe and Lüderitz (48km) are announced to be passed in 2016.
No update.

Quote:
The additional plan approval order for Dolle-Colbitz (10.8km) is announced to be passed in early 2016. Complaints are most likely again. There's not yet a court decision about Lüderitz-Dolle (13.2km). Both sections should be built together.
The additional plan approval order for Dolle-Colbitz was issued in May 2016 and it was not challenged.

The additioanl plan approval order for Lüderitz-Dolle was issued in February 2016 but challenged. The court hearing was scheduled for today but the nature protection organization BUND and the planner reached an agreement yesterday. Additional noise barriers and nature protection will be done (additional costs of 3.5 million €, total costs 71 million €) and they wanna talk about the remaining planning sections to reach an agreement during the planning procedure instead of going to court.

http://www.bverwg.de/presse/pressemi...hr=2016&nr=101

http://www.presse.sachsen-anhalt.de/...12d0137d113e83

Dolle-Colbitz funding is available since September 2016 (65 million €), I think Lüderitz-Dolle funding will be assigned soon. Construction works are expected to begin in fall 2017. It was announced that the section might be opened in 2019.

Quote:
There's no prediction about the plan approval order of the last section Wolmirstedt - Dahlenwarsleben (11.4km) but there's already the 4-laned B189 expressway - just a 2.5km 2-laned gap.
No update.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:17 PM   #9063
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

How realistic is a completion of the entire A14 from Magdeburg to Schwerin by 2020, as German media points out? I know recent A14 segments were built faster than many Autobahn projects elsewhere, but they really need to start construction on all remaining segments by 2018 at the latest - assuming an optimistic construction schedule - to get it all done by 2020.

Meanwhile A72 is delayed again... It was originally planned to be completed before the World Cup of 2006, but now a post-2020 scenario becomes more likely.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:24 PM   #9064
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
How realistic is a completion of the entire A14 from Magdeburg to Schwerin by 2020, as German media points out? I know recent A14 segments were built faster than many Autobahn projects elsewhere, but they really need to start construction on all remaining segments by 2018 at the latest - assuming an optimistic construction schedule - to get it all done by 2020.
I was about to add the 2020 announcement

I don't think that the last section will have building permits in 2020...

Quote:
Meanwhile A72 is delayed again... It was originally planned to be completed before the World Cup of 2006, but now a post-2020 scenario becomes more likely.
Wrong

The section u/c (Rötha-Borna) was announced to be completed by 2020 but today's news article reports that it should be opened in summer 2019!

http://www.lvz.de/Region/Borna/Vorle...n-um-Espenhain

There's already a 4-laned road up to A38 (expressway standard) but it's planned to be upgraded to motorway standard. It was reported yesterday that there's still no schedule because they don't know how stable the ground is....

http://www.mdr.de/sachsen/leipzig/ba...ungen-100.html

Old December 13th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #9065
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
The section u/c (Rötha-Borna) was announced to be completed by 2020 but today's news article reports that it should be opened in summer 2019!
While that sounds like a nice 'ahead of schedule' announcement, in 2013 - after construction started - it was said it could be completed by 2017.

http://www.freiepresse.de/NACHRICHTE...kel8487868.php
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:32 PM   #9066
MichiH

B2: south of Untersteinach – AS Mauk 4.1km (December 2016 to Late 2019) – projectmap

The groundbreaking ceremony for the 2x2 Wernsbach bypass (31.3 million €) took place last Friday. Source.

B10: AS Hinterweidenthal – east of Hinterweidenthal 1.3km (September 2013 to 2018) – projectmap

The new 2x2 section is announced to be completed by 2019. Source. It's also reported that the construciton works for the 2x2 widening near Landau (funded since September 2016) will begin in 2018.

B10: AS Godramstein – AS Landau-North (A65) 4.1km (2018 to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap

Old December 13th, 2016, 11:36 PM   #9067
MichiH

Quote:
While that sounds like a nice 'ahead of schedule' announcement
Of course

The news article quotes the head of the road authority:

Quote:
Kraftfahrer brauchen also voraussichtlich ein Jahr früher als geplant zwischen Chemnitz und der A 38 keine Orte mehr durchqueren

Driver can bypass all villages b/n Chamnitz and A38 estimately one year earlier than planned
http://www.lvz.de/Region/Borna/Vorle...n-um-Espenhain

Old December 14th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #9068
MichiH

Quote:
The additional plan approval order for Dolle-Colbitz was issued in May 2016 and it was not challenged.

The additioanl plan approval order for Lüderitz-Dolle was issued in February 2016 but challenged. The court hearing was scheduled for today but the nature protection organization BUND and the planner reached an agreement yesterday. Additional noise barriers and nature protection will be done (additional costs of 3.5 million €, total costs 71 million €) and they wanna talk about the remaining planning sections to reach an agreement during the planning procedure instead of going to court.

Dolle-Colbitz funding is available since September 2016 (65 million €), I think Lüderitz-Dolle funding will be assigned soon. Construction works are expected to begin in fall 2017. It was announced that the section might be opened in 2019.
2019 was an old annoucement from spring(?) 2016. However, another news article was published last night:

http://www.volksstimme.de/sachsen-an...4-weitergebaut

Construction works b/n Lüderitz and Dolle (23km) will begin in summer 2017. Construction period is 3 years (completion summer 2020). In addition, it's announced that the entire A14 (additional 69km in Saxony-Anhalt*) should be completed "in the early 2020s".

*The most delayed 20km section is in Brandenburg though.

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:00 PM   #9069
MichiH

Autobahngesellschaft

The federal cabinet has passed an agreement today that the Grundgesetz (constitution) should be changed (GG Art. 90, 91c, 104b, 104c, 107, 108, 109a, 114, 125c, 143d, 143e, 143f and 143g) to reform the financial organization between Bund and Länder, see press release from Mr. Schäuble and comment from Mr. Dobrindt.

An important change is that the federal authority will be fully responsible for planning, construction, operation, maintenance, funding and utilization administration of Autobahnen.

It's planned to pass the law till summer 2017 (next Bundestag election is in fall 2017).

It was reported that the new Autobahngesellschaft should start on 1st January 2021. They should be responsible for 13,000km Autobahn and(!) 1,300km expressways (2x2 Bundesstraßen) with direct connection to an Autobahn.

DEGES, VIFG and Toll Collect should be integrated into the Autobahngesellschaft (source).

Old December 14th, 2016, 09:10 PM   #9070
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It sounds similar to Asfinag in Austria.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol liked this post
Old December 15th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #9071
37nguyenson

Likes (Received): 0

The Autobahn system is about as close to perfect as it gets.
37nguyenson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #9072
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Indeed.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

g.spinoza, belerophon liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #9073
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

Quote:
The federal cabinet has passed an agreement today that the Grundgesetz (constitution) should be changed (GG Art. 90, 91c, 104b, 104c, 107, 108, 109a, 114, 125c, 143d, 143e, 143f and 143g) to reform the financial organization between Bund and Länder, see press release from Mr. Schäuble and comment from Mr. Dobrindt.

An important change is that the federal authority will be fully responsible for planning, construction, operation, maintenance, funding and utilization administration of Autobahnen.

It's planned to pass the law till summer 2017 (next Bundestag election is in fall 2017).

It was reported that the new Autobahngesellschaft should start on 1st January 2021. They should be responsible for 13,000km Autobahn and(!) 1,300km expressways (2x2 Bundesstraßen) with direct connection to an Autobahn.

DEGES, VIFG and Toll Collect should be integrated into the Autobahngesellschaft (source).
Can the Grundgesetz be changed that easily? Has the population any voice?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 04:53 PM   #9074
TrojaA
ß-Retter

Likes (Received): 341

It's quiet "easy". You need a absolute two-thirds majority of the Bundestag and additionally a simple two-thirds majority of the Bundesrat.
However the amendment may not violate any of the principals written down in the first and the 20th article (the most fundamentel rights).
TrojaA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:33 PM   #9075
kato2k8

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
You need a absolute two-thirds majority of the Bundestag
Which is the easy part since the current Grand Coalition government holds 503 out of 630 seats, a whopping 80% majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
additionally a simple two-thirds majority of the Bundesrat.
Which is the hard part because the government without other coalition partners only holds 16 out of 69 votes in the Bundesrat, while the Greens have a say on 49 votes (!). In other words, the coalition can't pass anything at all in the Bundesrat without Green support - not even simple laws.

The proposed required constitutional change was originally deeply opposed by the federal government, in particular Schäuble, and stems from an initiative of the states instead. The Greens support this initiative per se.

The formation of a Verkehrsinfrastrukturgesellschaft to manage Autobahnen however is only a side project of this, and one that Schäuble is trying to push onto the states as part of re-regulating financial affairs between Fed and states. The Greens deeply oppose this, at least in the fashion that Schäuble wants. Elements of the SPD also have their doubts about it.

It's in my opinion therefore highly unlikely that the Autobahngesellschaft will come in the way that Schäuble and Dobrindt want, unless considerably modified and as part of a wider financial deal package that will accomodate Green political aims.
kato2k8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #9076
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

I always wonder why they oppose the old man in the wheelchair, he's the only one who knows what needs to be done
Old December 17th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #9077
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato2k8 View Post
Which is the hard part because the government without other coalition partners only holds 16 out of 69 votes in the Bundesrat, while the Greens have a say on 49 votes (!). In other words, the coalition can't pass anything at all in the Bundesrat without Green support - not even simple laws.
I think the Bundesrat will pass the change because the Bundesrat represents the Bundesländer which want the agreement and benefit most from the agreement. More than the federal government. The "Autobahn" deal is just one part of the whole package...

So far, details about the "Autobahn" deal are not yet agreed. If they'll get a solution on that and all other changes, the Grundgesetz modification could be done quickly.

Old December 19th, 2016, 11:11 AM   #9078
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I always wonder why they oppose the old man in the wheelchair, he's the only one who knows what needs to be done
The day may come when we all are going to miss an old man in a wheelchair.
Seriously.

Kanadzie liked this post
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 05:59 PM   #9079
ChrisZwolle
Road user

2 people were killed in a crash on A31 between Leer and Emden. A traffic jam formed due to roadworks and a truck driver plowed full speed into traffic, crashing into 1 truck, one trailer vehicle and three other cars. A woman was killed on impact on Thursday, an older man also died of his injuries today.

Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:58 AM   #9080
MichiH

2016 autobahn directory

Quote:
Up-to-date information on motorways has been maintained and regularly published at the Federal Highway Research Institute since 1969 in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Affairs and the state road construction authorities. Traditionally all intersections, secondary units and operations are represented with reference to their direction in the course of routes on motorways for this purpose.

BASt has been storing this information for the BMVBS in a continuously updated database since 1980. The key date for the present report is September 1, 2016.

The report first provides an overview over the existing information given in the motorway directory. It then presents statistical evaluations on the current status of the motorway network. Before publishing the actual motorway directory the block directory and the directory of motorway service centres will also be included in the report.

The present report is being made available as a pdf file both on CD as well as on the Internet. Specific evaluations of the database on the motorway directory are only possible based on a paid application with a representation of the area of use and within the scope of the existing personnel capacity.
Press release: > click <.
Download info: > click <.
pdf document: > click <

Highway89, Luki_SL liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau