daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2017, 10:20 PM   #9201
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I believe that has to do with the expansion of the truck gates at Köln-Niehl.

https://www.strassen.nrw.de/presse/m...17-2-1351.html

Es handelt sich um vorbereitende Maßnahmen zur Errichtung einer weiteren Sperranlage im Rahmen der Erhaltungsmaßnahme der alten Leverkusener Rheinbrücke in der Parallelspur der Anschlussstelle Köln-Niehl in Fahrtrichtung Dortmund. Mit dieser Anlage soll die bislang gesperrte Auffahrt von der Industriestraße wieder geöffnet werden können.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2017, 12:04 AM   #9202
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

In addition, clearance works have recently been completed.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:46 PM   #9203
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 294

Update A6 widening near Nuremberg

The work to widen the 5,7-Km long sector of the A6 between Kreuz Nürnberg-Ost and Kreuz Nürnberg-Süd will be over soon.

Coming from the A9.

By me.
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:49 PM   #9204
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The bridge across the railroad seems to be taking the most time to be completed, otherwise it's a relatively quick project, they started in 2015.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #9205
miumiuwonwon

A6 section from Kreuz Nürnberg-Süd to Exit Roth

By me.

Autostädter, EasySeven, Usman ali liked this post
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 11:37 PM   #9206
miumiuwonwon

Update A6 widening near Schwabach

The work to widen a 6,2 km-long sector from Exit Roth to Exit Schwabach-West started last April and is supposed to finish in 2019.

By me.
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #9207
miumiuwonwon

The whole sector again but this time in the opposite direction. Beginning at Exit Roth.

This kind of variable message sign - the entire sign is a single large dot matrix display - is relatively new on Germany's Autobahns. It will be installed mainly at major interchange locations.

By me.

Autobahn-mann, Luki_SL, passat1717 liked this post
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #9208
pattern153
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

A3 from Nürnberg till Würzburg as well as A6 going from Nürnberg to at least Kreuzung Feuchtwangen/Crailsheim should be 3+3 lanes loooong ago. It's a real nightmare.
pattern153 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #9209
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiuwonwon View Post
This kind of variable message sign - the entire sign is a single large dot matrix display - is relatively new on Germany's Autobahns. It will be installed mainly at major interchange locations.
Seems to be a workaround, since dWiSta design is derived from the normal signage. While the superior modular signage design in Hesse allows for large dot matrices even while keeping the arrows and route numbers, the opposite is true for dWiSta signs outside of Hesse where following the rules results in long black arrows and plenty of white space leaving only few room for dot matrices.

Just compare this hessian dWiSta:

with dWiSta anywhere else in Germany:

Autobahn-mann liked this post

Last edited by Rohne; March 30th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #9210
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A36

German media report that B6 Goslar - Bernburg will finally become A36: http://www.lvz.de/Mitteldeutschland/...d-zur-Autobahn

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

g.spinoza liked this post
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:30 PM   #9211
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Will it connect to A7, in addition to A395?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #9212
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think MichiH can comment on that better, but I don't think it's likely, I haven't read anything about a western extension over the past number of years. Originally A36 was planned from Hameln to Dessau.
Old March 31st, 2017, 12:18 AM   #9213
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Will it connect to A7, in addition to A395?
No!

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 31st, 2017, 01:50 PM   #9214
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

The article says that the extension of future A36 between A14 and A9 at Köthen (near Dessau) will be ready in 2019 and should be called A36, too. This is new to me, as works the A9-interchange already started and until now it was foreseen as Bundesstraße, a 2+1-layout was planned if I recall correctly.
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 06:59 PM   #9215
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Oldenburg

The Nordwest Zeitung reports that many bridges on the A28, A29 and A293 around Oldenburg are in poor condition and will be demolished. They say there will be '15 years of major traffic impacts' coming.

The bridge replacement programme includes both bridges across the Hunte River, the A28 bridge is the longest in Niedersachsen at 1450 m. It is interesting because these bridges are not really that old, the bridges were opened to traffic between 1970 and 1978. In addition, they do not suffer from extreme truck traffic like some other corridors (i.e. A1, A3, A6, A45, etc.)

https://www.nwzonline.de/oldenburg/w...089041714.html
Old March 31st, 2017, 08:35 PM   #9216
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17459

I think there was some mistakes during their construction. I don't think they were projected for only 40 years.
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:46 PM   #9217
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
The article says that the extension of future A36 between A14 and A9 at Köthen (near Dessau) will be ready in 2019 and should be called A36, too. This is new to me, as works the A9-interchange already started and until now it was foreseen as Bundesstraße, a 2+1-layout was planned if I recall correctly.
The 2+1 segment b/n A14 and A9 won't be A36 but B185.

The Federal Ministry of Transport has approved that the B6/B185 from the Lower Saxony / Saxony-Anhalt border to A14 can be dedicated as Autobahn. However, the federal ministry and the Saxony-Anhalt Ministry of Transport have to agree upon details. Signage has to be replaced which costs 2 million € but no additional works are required. Note: It was discussed earlier that the existing road doesn't have Autobahn standard and it must be reconstructed before it can be called Autobahn. The upgrade was even submitted for the demand plan (BVWP 2030) but was dropped out.

There's no info about an official rededication date or timeline for replacing the signs. It's only announced to be done "soon".

There would be a gap of about 2km from A395 to the Lower Saxony / Saxony-Anhalt border but the Lower Saxony Minister of Transport said that he would support to rededicate this segment too.

The road was built as Bundesstraße to allow that more interchanges could be built (lower distance between interchanges). It's reported that this is not an issue for the rededication now.

http://www.presse.sachsen-anhalt.de/...4f1601478b8427

http://www.mw.niedersachsen.de/aktue...es-109665.html

http://www.mdr.de/sachsen-anhalt/mag...sechs-100.html

The road to be rededicated has a length of more than 80km. It's exactly 84.5km from A395 to A14. I guess it might be officially rededicated anytime in 2017. Map.

Old April 1st, 2017, 02:00 PM   #9218
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Kreuz Aachen

In December 2016, the Aachener Zeitung reported that the complex reconstruction of Kreuz Aachen (A4, A44, A544) will be delayed substantially.

The reason is that the bridge of eastbound A4 over A544 was found to be in a bad condition, and need to be replaced instead of renovated. They plan to start those works in late 2017 and it will take 2 years.

This means the reconstruction of the interchange won't be completed until 2020, 11 years after they broke ground on the project in 2009.

Additionally, a 3 kilometer segment of A44 is being widened to six lanes between Kreuz Aachen and Broichweiden. It will be completed in 2018.

http://www.aachener-zeitung.de/lokal...nger-1.1520862

Project website: https://www.strassen.nrw.de/projekte...4/projekt.html
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:37 PM   #9219
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A1 Illtalbrücke

Construction officially kicked off today on the replacement of the Illtalbrücke, a bridge across the Ill Valley near Eppelborn, north of Saarbrücken.
The bridge is in very poor condition, they closed one side of the bridge in 2013, there is single lane traffic since, making it a bottleneck.

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #9220
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A6 Heidelberg - Heilbronn

Construction officially kicked off yesterday for the A6 expansion between Heidelberg and Heilbronn. They will widen the remaining segments of motorway to six lanes and replace the Neckar Bridge at Heilbronn, which is the longest bridge in the state of Baden-Württemberg. The bridge is in poor condition, it has been narrowed to four lanes in 2013, and has seen significant congestion since, given the high volumes of traffic (99,000 vpd).

It is a PPP project. Via6west will expand the motorway and maintain it for the next 30 years. They will widen 25.5 kilometers of A6 to six lanes. The deadline for the expansion project is 30 June 2022. The overall cost over a period of 30 years is € 1.3 billion.

http://via6west.de/

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau