daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:38 PM   #9221
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Baustellen

Current construction zones on the German Autobahn network according to BAST.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2017, 12:15 AM   #9222
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

So at least it is possible to go from near Kassel to Bautzen without encountering any baustelle. That is halfway through Germany.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:40 AM   #9223
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17391

A4 was already renovated I`m not suprised, there is any baustelle
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #9224
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 431

The Bundesrat (the representation of the states on the federal level) has passed the measure that allows for a toll on motorways. This was done with the votes of the states of Bremen and Thüringen, who although initially opposed to the toll, were pressured by Bavaria as the bavarians threatened to withhold funding from the "Länderfinanzausgleich" (a system where richer states give money to poorer ones so that every state has enough funds to maintain good quality education systems, public transport etc.) Tolls are supposedly starting to be imposed in 2019. Germans are tolled for both B- and A roads, foreigners only on A- roads. The tolls will supposedly be based on emission class of the vehicle. Germans are supposed to get most or all tolls back in tax reductions through a very complicated, bureaucratic system. Foreigners obviously can't do that, which is the whole point of the thing. Critics, like the German Automobile Association (ADAC) project that the implementation and maintenance of such a system will cost more than it will ever create in revenue.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik/.../19597112.html

This is a boondoggle in truly bavarian proportions. Oh well, that's what the CSU is known for, after all.

Here is a more humerous take on the thing, if you know german:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vamkyUe22S4

Neotradtional Architecture in Germany

Leipzig in Spring: Historicism at its finest.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; April 6th, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #9225
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Big truck crashes on A6 near Heilbronn this week:

Monday at Bad Rappenau:

Wednesday at Heilbronn:

Friday (today) at Bad Rappenau:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Kpc21 liked this post
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #9226
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A281 Bremen

The federal ministry of transportation has decided that it will not pursue the Weser Tunnel project in Bremen as a toll road, but as a conventionally funded project.

The Weser Tunnel is the main missing link of the A281, which forms the western bypass of Bremen. It will connect A1 to A27. Another missing link is B6n south of Bremen which will connect A281 to A1.

They say that it remains unclear when it will be possible to start with B212n and B6n, which are important projects that directly feed into A281 and therefore make or break the feasibility of this project as a toll road. Other PPP forms were also ruled out.

The federal ministry urges the state of Bremen to complete the procedures so they can start the € 260 million project.

http://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Pre...erquerung.html

Two things I do not understand though, in January 2016 the federal court in Leipzig issued a verdict on the Weser Tunnel, dismissing the appeals. So I thought there would be 'Baurecht' for this project, at that time they estimated it could start by late 2017. Another thing is the B6n missing link in southern Bremen that will link A281 to A1. A year ago they estimated the project could start by early 2017, but the federal ministry now says it's unclear if it will even start in the medium term.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Isek liked this post
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #9227
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The federal ministry of transportation has decided that it will not pursue the Weser Tunnel project in Bremen as a toll road, but as a conventionally funded project.
The Federal Ministry of Transport has approved now what was already promised in February 2016: http://www.weser-kurier.de/bremen/br...d,1313431.html.

Quote:
Two things I do not understand though, in January 2016 the federal court in Leipzig issued a verdict on the Weser Tunnel, dismissing the appeals. So I thought there would be 'Baurecht' for this project, at that time they estimated it could start by late 2017.
Here's the January 2016 press release: http://www.senatspressestelle.bremen....160203.de&asl. Plan supplement procedure...

Quote:
Derzeit bereitet Bremen das Planergänzungsverfahren zur Auflösung des im PFB vom 30.06.2010 formulierten Vorbehalts bezüglich der bisher vorgesehenen Einhausung der Schlackenkippe bei ArcelorMittal Bremen vor
Quote:
Another thing is the B6n missing link in southern Bremen that will link A281 to A1. A year ago they estimated the project could start by early 2017, but the federal ministry now says it's unclear if it will even start in the medium term.
No, I think you are mistaking section 2.2 and section BA5. Section 2.2 is 2.2km long and announced to be approved by late 2017 and to be built from 2018 to 2021.

btw: The section order from north to south is: 1 > 4 > 3.2 > 3.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 5 Section 1 to 4 are A281, section 5 is B6n Total length: ~20km. Section 1 was opened in 1995.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

ChrisZwolle liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #9228
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
No, I think you are mistaking section 2.2 and section BA5. Section 2.2 is 2.2km long and announced to be approved by late 2017 and to be built from 2018 to 2021.
Ah I see.

It's the white B6n on this map, I thought it was a link between A281 and the 'Autobahnzubringer Arsten'.

Old April 20th, 2017, 09:08 PM   #9229
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
To relieve the existing bridge, it features only 2+1 lanes from today, see press release. The bridge will be renovated from summer 2017. See press release. The westbound bridge (opened in 1962) will feature 1 westbound lane, the eastbound bridge (opened in 1971) will feature 1 westbound and 1 eastbound lane.
Single lane traffic on A44 will exist for the next 15 years, HNA reports: https://www.hna.de/kassel/kreis-kass...g-8179335.html

Old April 20th, 2017, 10:21 PM   #9230
bogdymol
bogdymod

Germany needs to do something quickly to speed up all the autobahn renovation works that seem to take forever to complete...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM   #9231
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A45

The plan for the widening of A45 and the replacement of many bridges in Northrhine-Westphalia:

Old April 25th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #9232
ChrisZwolle
Road user

B56n Gangelt - Heinsberg

The final link of B56n, a grade-separated 2+1 road, will open to traffic on 3 May between Gangelt and Heinsberg. The B56n project links A2 in the Netherlands with A46 in Germany.

Luki_SL, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #9233
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Another major crash on A2 near Rehren. A truck driver did not notice a traffic jam and smashed into traffic, sandwiching an SUV against another truck. The two occupants of the SUV were killed.

That is why I do not stop on the right lane with sudden traffic congestion in Germany. This happens far too often with trucks plowing into traffic jams.

Old April 28th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #9234
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9077

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Germany needs to do something quickly to speed up all the autobahn renovation works that seem to take forever to complete...
Simply they should become inspired by speed of any roadworks happening at the other side of their eastern border.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #9235
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1153

Well, I think that's not a valid argument - I am pretty sure that with up to 80% of the costs being covered from EU funds, also Germany would (re)-build their motorways much faster...
Also, you don't have much motorway renovation works yet going on across that eastern border, which you need to cover from state funds. I guess you can draw a fair comparison in ~40 years, when also that infrastructure will be in dire need for repairs..

What however really seems an issue in Germany is that apparently many projects are worked on in parallel, with limited funding that turns into really long construction times - instead of bundling resources on a smaller number of works and a more "serialised" construction..
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM   #9236
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think that is due to the lack of a long-term fund. Everything seems to be apportioned by year, which means they can't build at the fastest possible rate due to annual budget limitations.

Another problem seems to be the large number of small contracts per project. In most other countries, they award a single contract for a project. They say this is to keep small businesses alive, but large contractors also work with smaller subcontractors.
Old April 29th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #9237
ChrisZwolle
Road user

B23 Echelsbacher Brücke

The Echelsbach Bridge in Bavaria. It was built in 1930, it has a 130 meter span and is 76 meters high.

Construction will begin next week to replace it. There are probably not that many large, pre-war road bridges remaining.

Luki_SL, 8166UY, TM_Germany, Attus, MajKeR_ and 5 others liked this post
Old April 29th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #9238
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8960

Second picture: Germany has the most beautiful landscapes in Europe!
What Is Love?

masages21 liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 03:01 AM   #9239
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

It looks much more modern than it is.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Luki_SL, masages21, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 02:01 PM   #9240
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8960

It doesn't just look more modern than one would imagine from a bridge built in 1929 but it is indeed a marvellous piece of engineering.

The Echelsbacher bridge is a so called Melan arch bridge (Melan-Bauweise) which was a revolutionary method developed in the late 19th century for the construction of reinforced bridges.

In fact this masterpiece is the world's largest Melan bridge (longest span) and therefore under monumental protection. During the upcoming modernisation the arches will be preserved and all other (damaged) parts will be replaced by new ones.

Source (in German)

During the construction a temporary bridge will be built nearby and used for the traffic. The very German name of that thing is "Festbrückengerät SS 80".
Such temporary bridges are stored in Germany for projects like this when you need a bridge for a relative short period of time. Or for the case of a war to rebuild destroyed bridges very fast (idea from the cold war era).

Source (in German)

This is how the bridge will look like after the modernisation.

A sign at the bridge says that it has the world's longest span of all Melan bridges.
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau