daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #9501
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1153

Bundesverwaltungsgericht (specifically this unit https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/9._Rev...ltungsgerichts) is the one deciding matters related to road construction, e.g. appeals against a "Planfeststellungsbeschluss" (see in German: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planfe...lungsbeschluss)
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #9502
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6752

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiuwonwon View Post
Bundesgerichtshof - the Federal Court of Justice - is Germany’s highest court of civil and criminal jurisdiction and has its seat in Karlsruhe.
So this would be the German supreme court.

They (them and the constitutional court) occupy those buildings right next to the palace in Karlsruhe, to the west, am I right?
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #9503
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
So this would be the German supreme court.

They (them and the constitutional court) occupy those buildings right next to the palace in Karlsruhe, to the west, am I right?

No, it is not. There is no equivalent to the (US) supreme court that is responsible for all aspects.

A good text is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_court#Germany

Quote:
In Germany, there is no de jure single supreme court. Instead, cases are handled by numerous federal courts, depending on their nature.

Final interpretation of the German Constitution, the Grundgesetz, is the task of the Bundesverfassungsgericht (Federal Constitutional Court), which is the de facto highest German court, as it can declare both federal and state legislation ineffective, and has the power to overrule decisions of all other federal courts, despite not being a regular court of appeals on itself in the German court system. It is also the only court possessing the power and authority to outlaw political parties, if it is deemed that these parties have repeatedly violated articles of the Constitution.

When it comes to civil and criminal cases, the Bundesgerichtshof (Federal Court of Justice) is at the top of the hierarchy of courts. The other branches of the German judicial system each have their own appellate systems, each topped by a high court; these are the Bundessozialgericht (Federal Social Court) for matters of social security, the Bundesarbeitsgericht (Federal Labour Court) for employment and labour, the Bundesfinanzhof (Federal Fiscal Court) for taxation and financial issues, and the Bundesverwaltungsgericht (Federal Administrative Court) for administrative law. The so-called Gemeinsamer Senat der Obersten Gerichtshöfe (Joint Senate of the Supreme Courts) is not a supreme court in itself, but an ad-hoc body that is convened in only when one supreme court intends to diverge from another supreme court's legal opinion or when a certain case exceeds the authority of one court. As the courts have well-defined areas of responsibility, situations like these are rather rare and so, the Joint Senate gathers very infrequently, and only to consider matters which are mostly definitory.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #9504
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6752

For me, supreme court is not responsible for all aspects

Supreme court - for me it's a court to which you can go as a last resort in case of a normal lawsuit.

I know that in some countries, there is one main court responsible for everything, but I didn't mean that.

It seems that the system in Germany is similar to the one in Poland, except there is even more types of different main courts (in Poland, we have only two systems of courts: the general and the administrative one + the constitutional court equivalent to the German Bundesverfassungsgericht).
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:49 PM   #9505
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It is unlikely that there would be something unconstitutional in a planning procedure that would require to take it up to the Bundesverfassungsgericht (Federal Constitutional Court).
Unlikely but not impossible that people call the court...

http://www.bundesverfassungsgericht....bvg16-002.html (January 2016)

Quote:
Erfolglose Verfassungsbeschwerde gegen den Wesertunnel der A 281 in Bremen
Unsuccessful constitutional complaint against the Weser tunnel of the A 281 in Bremen
And the ECJ was called because of the plan approval order for the "A73" city Autobahn in Nuremberg. It's officially a district road (N4) which means that no EIA is required according to "Bavarian road law". Complainers doubt that it is legal to skip EIA...

There are more examples....

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

belerophon liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:57 PM   #9506
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiuwonwon View Post
Bundesgerichtshof - the Federal Court of Justice - is Germany’s highest court of civil and criminal jurisdiction and has its seat in Karlsruhe.
Yes, but it's not responsible for administration jurisdiction like plan approval orders for road projects. There are 5 federal courts for different issues.

The highest court is the Bundesverfassungsgericht. Wikipedia says: "The Federal Constitutional Court (German: Bundesverfassungsgericht; abbreviated: BVerfG) is the supreme constitutional court for the Federal Republic of Germany"

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:16 PM   #9507
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Erm, just to understand: what are the environmentalists aiming at? To prevent a new Rhine bridge?
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:17 PM   #9508
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

Here is the press release: http://www.bverwg.de/presse/pressemi...ahr=2017&nr=68

They are afraid for the risks of opening up the 'Altablagerung Dhünnaue', a chemical waste dump. Another complaint was that the design is gunning for a viaduct replacement of A1 between Kreuz Leverkusen (A3) and Kreuz Leverkusen-West (A59). A definitive alternative (bridge or tunnel) has not been chosen yet. The verdict is that a tunnel would still be possible with the design of the new Leverkusen Bridge.

The Altablagerung Dhünnaue is a chemical waste dump used by the city of Leverkusen and Bayer to get rid of chemicals. People got very ill as a result of this dump and they even had to demolish a small neighborhood bordering the dump during the 1980s. The excavation of the dump will only be superficial, and they will take extensive measures to prevent any contamination:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Heico-M, ivochip liked this post

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; October 13th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #9509
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A448 'Opel Querspange', Bochum

A new satellite image (27 May 2017) of the 'Opel Querspange' project near Bochum.

Funny thing though, the Opel factory is almost completely demolished now, by the time the 'Opel Querspange' opens to traffic, there won't be an Opel factory anymore...

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
Old October 14th, 2017, 12:33 AM   #9510
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Opel Querspange, known as Vauxhall Querspange in the UK and Holden Querspange in Australia .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:57 AM   #9511
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

in 50 years they will make an exact copy of it in Uzbekistan based on a photocopied Korean drawing of it
Old October 14th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #9512
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
B33: AS Offenburg-Elgersweier (B3) – AS Offenburg-Zunsweier 2.4km (October 2010 to Spring 2018) – ? – map
To be opened on 30th October 2017, see press release.

Quote:
B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.1km (May 2016 to Early September 2017) [2nd c/w] – projectmap
I drove that section in early October. Both carriageways are 1-laned in service.

Quote:
A30: AS Gohfeld – AS Bad Oeynhausen-North 5.3km (September 2008 to 2018) [discontinuation: 1.4km]projectmap
A30: AS Dehme – AS Bad Oeynhausen-East 1.9km (September 2008 to 2018) – projectmap
To be opened late 2018, see news article.

A new section of A44 Kassel - Eisenach is u/c now. The groundbreaking ceremony for the first viaduct was in August, see press release. The lot has a length of 9.14km but the section b/n interchanges has a length of about 7.5km. The construction costs are 137 million €.

A44: AS Sontra-East – AD Wommen (A4) ~7.5km (August 2017 to 2022) – projectmap

2 out of 12 sections are in service, 8 sections are u/c, 1 section has building permits since 2013 but construction works have not yet been started (preliminary works only). The last section just east of Kassel - the most important one(?) - is still in an early planning stage.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; October 14th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:06 PM   #9513
MichiH

Quote:
B15n: AS Ergoldsbach – AS Essenbach (A92) 9.0km (August 2013 to 2019) – projectmap
There are some problems, the new announced estimated completion date is 2020 (at the earliest)

There were some groundbreaking ceremonies prior to the Bundestag election last September. Two of them are 2x2 grade-separated expressways:

1. A short extension of an expressway south of Bielefeld for 19 million €, see press release (w/o estimated completion date) and news article.

B66: AS Leopoldshöhe-Rollkrug – AS Leopoldshöhe-Asemissen 2.1km (August 2017 to 2021) – ? – map

2. A short "western extension of the Czech D6/I-6", see press release. Actual and predicted AADT is about 6,000 vehicles/day.

B303: east of AS Schirnding-West – west of AS Schirnding-East 2.5km (July 2017 to Late 2020) [2nd c/w] – ? – map

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old October 26th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #9514
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A20 collapse

A20 will be closed indefinitely, starting tomorrow morning, due to the Tribsees collapse. There was still one lane open towards the east, but that one will be closed as well as the collapse is moving sideways. The media reports that the collapsed section is now 6 meters deep as opposed to 2.5 meters when the collapse first occurred.

The repairs could take years, there is no timeline for a reopening of the Autobahn. The final investigation on the cause is also not yet completed as far as I know.

Traffic will use local detours via the Bad Sülze interchange. For this to happen, L23 and K9 will become one-way roads. These roads are pretty narrow with no centerline in places, it is not safe to handle motorway-grade volumes on such roads even if it is 'just' some 20,000 vehicles per day.

Construction has started on a temporary exit at K9. When completed, traffic won't have to go through two villages, as these roads were not designed for that kind of volume.

The idea is to construct a temporary bridge across the collapse, with one lane each way. There is no concrete timeline, but they're gunning for summer 2018 for that bridge to open. It is not yet known how long the repair will take, as the full extent of the problem is not yet apparent. Media reports talk about 'years'. It could be longer than the '2 years' reported earlier.

The detour plan, starting Friday:
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #9515
MichiH

A44 Kassel - Eisenach

Quote:
A44: AS Waldkappel – AS Ringgau 7.9km (July 2016 to Mid 2020) – projectmap

https://fwgwt.wordpress.com/2017/10/...ch-24-10-2017/

TM_Germany liked this post
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:23 PM   #9516
MichiH

B312 Reutlingen bypass

The eastern bypass of Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg, was opened today. It has a length of 3.1km and contains the 1.910m "Scheibenkopf" tunnel. The construction works took 8 years. Total costs are 125 million €. Expected AADT is 20,000 vehicles/day.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=48...35230&z=15&m=o

Press releases:
http://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Pre...eutlingen.html
http://vm.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/m...gipfeltunnels/

Attus, ChrisZwolle, SRC_100 liked this post
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #9517
MichiH

AADT 2015

Comparsion of the total average AADT 2015 on Autobahns and Bundesstraßen from the 16 Bundesländer (states)

Source: http://vm.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/m...-2010-ein-pro/

Legend of the 2-letter state codes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2 DE

Old October 27th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #9518
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Expected AADT is 20,000 vehicles/day.
In a two lane road it means congestion every day in rush hours.

Kanadzie liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:25 PM   #9519
MichiH

A3 widening Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg

The A3 2x3 widening is proceeding. The last section west of A7 (Würzburg) is u/c now. About 16km are to be opened by the end of November.

Some pics from October 2017 (by Hajo Dietz):

Near Rohrbrunn (OSM):

Near Esselbach (OSM) - construction works have been started last August:

Marktheidenfeld i/c (OSM):

Heidingsfeld viaduct (OSM):

Katzenberg tunnel Würzburg (OSM):

Near Geiselwind (OSM):

More pics:
- http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...albruecke.html
- http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...eidenfeld.html
- http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...helmstadt.html
- http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...dersacker.html
- http://www.bildergalerie-autobahn-no...eiselwind.html

Old October 28th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #9520
MichiH

Upcoming Autobahn openings

Quote:
A14: AS Grabow – AS Groß Warnow 11.5km (June 2015 to Late 2017) – ? – map

Quote:
A33: AS Halle-Künsebeck – AS Bielefeld-Center 7.9km (September 2009 to Late 2017) – projectmap
Both sections are still expected to be opened by the end of the year.

Luki_SL, TM_Germany, SRC_100 liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau