daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM   #1281
enschede-er
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
I have some pictures, made one week ago, from the German Autobahn towards the former capital Bonn. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong!

yes your wrong bonn is not the capital BERLIN is the captital ... in wich year do you live man? and its not cologne its KOLN
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:52 PM   #1282
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Can you read?? 909 said former capital Bonn. Bonn was the capital of the BRD until 1991. Then the DDR and BRD unified again, with Berlin as the capital.
Do you know some history or what? Just read carefully before you judge.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:03 PM   #1283
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by enschede-er View Post
yes your wrong bonn is not the capital BERLIN is the captital ... in wich year do you live man? and its not cologne its KOLN
Cologne is the English name for Köln (so with an ö, not Koln as you suggest). The name Cologne refers to the old Roman name for the city Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium.
Like said before, Bonn was the former capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990 and the official seat of government of united Germany from 1990 to 1999. In June 1991 the German Parliament, the Bundestag, voted to move the (West) German capital back from Bonn to Berlin. In 1999, the German parliament and government began their work in Berlin. Today Bonn is still important when it comes to politics and now holds the title of Federal City ("Bundesstadt"). So, who is wrong?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM   #1284
Timon91
Error

You made some beautiful pics, btw. I forgot to say that in my last post.
@enschede-er: after Patrick you're probably the one that lives closest to Bonn, so who is the one that really needs to know?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM   #1285
enschede-er
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
Cologne is the English name for Köln (so with an ö, not Koln as you suggest). The name Cologne refers to the old Roman name for the city Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium.
Like said before, Bonn was the former capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990 and the official seat of government of united Germany from 1990 to 1999. In June 1991 the German Parliament, the Bundestag, voted to move the (West) German capital back from Bonn to Berlin. In 1999, the German parliament and government began their work in Berlin. Today Bonn is still important when it comes to politics and now holds the title of Federal City ("Bundesstadt"). So, who is wrong?
HALLO i;m talking about now , not about a century a go , amost people call it KOLN , by german. i know better than you i live close to bonn so shut up
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM   #1286
Timon91
Error

909 just made a notion that it has once been the capital of West-Germany. What's wrong with saying that. It just an interesting fact. Why would we all shut up about the history? This wouldn't be an interesting forum if that happened.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM   #1287
enschede-er
BANNED

because this is a HIGHWAY-forum and not a HISTORY-forum , if you wanna talk a bout history go talk on the history forum but pleas not here
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM   #1288
Timon91
Error

If you don't wanna hear it, that's fine with me, but don't overreact on it because there are people that do want to hear it, ok? And there are lots of threads about history in the H&A subforums, so first have a look at the threads before you judge too quickly
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM   #1289
enschede-er
BANNED

your right , but he also can't judge , when i know that everywhone says koln and not cologne i taught first that cologne was a place in france but it isn;t:P
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:13 PM   #1290
Timon91
Error

Then you're not very well informed
Koln doesn't exist, Köln is German and Cologne is correct English
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM   #1291
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

lol.

1. he pointed out "former capital"
2. we are in an english speaking forum.

and 3. after the hessian signs i like this layout, with the road numbers above the arrows, too.

those are fines pictures

btw: i once made some photoshoppings of this signs when this place was still under construction and i didn't know how they'd paint the markings:

and these are my edits:

outside NRW

in Hesse
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM   #1292
enschede-er
BANNED

CORRECT IS IN GERMAN you cant say as a example : greece = greece you cant say in dutch greece instead of griekenland. so sarajevo all countries call te cpaital of bosnia but the turks cal it saraybosna , does english call it so ? no.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM   #1293
Timon91
Error

I don't know what you're talking about, Greece is Greece in English. This is not a Dutch forum, but an English forum (if you really want to speak Dutch, please go to the Holland Hoogbouw Forums).
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM   #1294
enschede-er
BANNED

it doesn't matter, i will call it KOLN and forever Koln but end of this discusion back to the highways
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM   #1295
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

He did not say Keulen, he nowhere said to speak dutch. back to topic!

koln...sounds strange, i prefer cologne to koln. or köln.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM   #1296
enschede-er
BANNED

I have road in german Autobahn i think a 1000 of thimes and i think that are the best highways along whit the american highways
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:53 PM   #1297
-

Quote:
HALLO i;m talking about now , not about a century a go , amost people call it KOLN , by german. i know better than you i live close to bonn so shut up
Quote:
because this is a HIGHWAY-forum and not a HISTORY-forum , if you wanna talk a bout history go talk on the history forum but pleas not here
Wow, i believe your glorious wisdom is just as impressive as the German (or should i say Deutsche) Autobahn!
Don't you realise different subjects, like the Autbahn, are always linked with history? Living closer to a subject doesn't make someone an expert on that particular subject. Or are all people living near the Large Hadron Collider experts in particle and theoretical physics?

Nevertheless, since you like the pictures with extra information, i will add some more. These pics were made at the end of march or in the first days of april 2008. Enjoy!

01) This is the Autbahn 61, taken from Wikipedia. The autobahn runs parallel to the A 3 on the opposite side of the Rhine. Between Mönchengladbach and Bergheim in the north and Worms, Ludwigshafen and Speyer in the south it cuts through the landscapes of Eifel and Hunsrück, avoiding areas of dense population while still in proximity to Cologne, Bonn, Koblenz and Bingen.

As you can see, the weather was shit. We left Mannheim and it was quite a suprise to see a lot of cars on the road covered with snow. Our intention was to drive via Frankfurt and the A3 towards home in the Netherlands, but we heard on the radio that the area around Frankfurt was blocked by massive trafficjams. So instead of using the A5 and the A3, we drove via Ludwigshafen and the A61. It was also an suprise to see how clean and quietly the A61 was in the snow.

02) The Mosel Valley Bridge (especially for our friend, in German Moseltalbrücke). This bridge has a length of 935 meters and a width of 30.5 meters. The maximum height from the ground is 136 Meter. And for those who like history, this bridge was constructed between 1969 and 1972.

03) On the northern side of the bridghe you can find a rest area, correction: eine Autobahnraststätte. From here you would have a great view over the valley and the bridge. There is also some information about the bridge.

04)

05)

06)

07)

08)

09)

Last edited by 909; November 3rd, 2008 at 10:46 PM.
909 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:03 PM   #1298
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8813

I find it incredible that the second busiest motorway in Germany has only 165,000 cars per day on it! The busiest motorway in Auckland, New Zealand, has almost 200,000 cars per day on the busiest stretch and considering the motorway only serves Auckland (as there are no population centres around Auckland at all), that's quite a feat!
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM   #1299
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

radi would like this one if it was asphalt and not concrete, the barrier seems to be shiny
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...ted-border.jpg
again, nice pics
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:07 PM   #1300
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
I find it incredible that the second busiest motorway in Germany has only 165,000 cars per day on it! The busiest motorway in Auckland, New Zealand, has almost 200,000 cars per day on the busiest stretch and considering the motorway only serves Auckland (as there are no population centres around Auckland at all), that's quite a feat!
Many German motorways have good parallel roads for local traffic and people commute less via Autobahn it seems. Dutch motorways are also busier than German Autobahnen.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau