daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #21
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18239

Yes, I like ICN quite a lot. The design is simple yet elegant. However, I'm not a big fan of satellite terminal designs. I'm very much still engrained in the 1-terminal concept.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #22
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Breakfast at the Airport

With the morning departure, I opted for breakfast at the Business Class lounge. While I originally intended to visit The Cabin, Cathay's new airport lounge, in the end I wandered into The Wing. It was already quite busy so early in the morning.

While the chairs were comfortable, they were low and the lounge was quite open throughout, giving little privacy. This contrasts to the more individualistic shell seats in The Cabin.

With the high passenger flow comes a price - a dirty bathroom. However, it was an individual room with toilet and wash basin so there is more privacy.

The funkiest area was the luggage storage racks, which resembled more like a designer shop than a store room.

Today's flight would be operated by an older plane with the regional Business Class. Despite having no lie-flat seats, they had my favourite drink - Cathay Delight.

We took off towards the west, which meant my A window seat would be quite useless today. Strangely, there was a huge slick in the water that seemed to massive to be an unreported oil spill. Perhaps it was natural?

After the light snack, lunch was served. I filled up a bit too much in the lounge, so in the end had to miss the main course. In retrospect, I should've taken it easy on the lounge food since it wasn't great anyway, and the in-flight meals would have been far better.

Although the chairs can only recline so much, I actually prefer these normal-facing seats as they appear to be wider than the newer herringbone type.

It was a very foggy day in Seoul. I could barely see the ground until almost touch-down.

The crew was very friendly and they all had great smiles. Despite the older seat, it wasn't such a big deal given the short flight. However, the satellite terminal at Incheon needs a more frequent train connection. Trains only come every 5 minutes.

The Full Report : http://www.globalphotos.org/hkg-icn.htm

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #23
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

How many flights from HK to Seoul are there?
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #24
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
How many flights from HK to Seoul are there?
14 on today's schedule. (CX, Korean, Jin Air, Asiana, Jeju, Thai)

Old February 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #25
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By 老豆 from a Hong Kong transport forum :

20/1/2012
KE608
Reg : HL7611

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #26
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Off topic but KE still fly A380 to HK?

Woops saw the last pic NM.

When is CX getting their A380?
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #27
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
Off topic but KE still fly A380 to HK?

Woops saw the last pic NM.

When is CX getting their A380?
KE flies it regularly to HK. CX didn't order any A380's.

Old February 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #28
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

The food looks good on the Korean Air flight. I was wondering why there were no in flight pictures out the window but it was at night.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote