daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #2081
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Sorry you had to wait for us
NP. Its nice, Its nice that they managed that before Christmas. Not sure yet if I will visit Prague or go through PL this Christmas.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2082
Surel

Video from the D1/A1 opening, starting in Bohumín.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toye View Post
Znalazlem na YT krotki film z przejazdu czeska D1 i polska A1 od wezla w Bohuminie do wezla w MszanieW materiale jest tez kilka zdjec z uroczystosci otwarcia oraz mostu w Mszanie
Milego ogladania !

P.s;jeszcze zapytam jak tam most w Mszanie?sa jakis postepy?
Oczywiscie rowniez czekam na film kogos z forum
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #2083
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Can someone tell more specific what will happen with the 2013 RSD reform? Are they nationalizing the highway and motorway directorate?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #2084
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Can someone tell more specific what will happen with the 2013 RSD reform? Are they nationalizing the highway and motorway directorate?
There is no specific detailed plan available to the public. From the media and here:

Currently leaving transportation minister proposed to the government to change the RSD into a state company (at least at first). To establish a state company only a governmental decision is needed (there is no such decision yet, it is just a proposal to the government atm).

The state company could be established quickly (as opposed to a stock company, perhaps already as of January) and could be in the future transformed into another form i.e. stock company as of 2016. The activities and properties of the RSD would move to the newly established state company in pieces. First the maintenance, employees, incomes and later on the properties.

The properties that the company could get are by some estimated at CZK 500 BLN, that is € 20 BLN.

The main advantages are, that the newly established company could generate debt without affecting the budget. It could easily attain bridge financing for the EU funds in the form of loans or bonds. And it could pay better its experts, leaving the paycheck structure of the state employment, which could bring some outsourced activities back under the roof of RSD.

The project takes the inspiration in Slovakian and Austrian realities.

I see some main dynamics here.

First, it would be beneficial to have a clear structure and entity that could finance its activities via debt outside of the governmental budget. However, the entity would still be quite dependent on the governmental budget. The ability to generate debt against future incomes and assets would be very important for better use of EU funds. Depends on the managing. This could mean boom in the construction using the EU funds in years 2014-2020 if the project would be well managed.

Secondly, there is always a risk in anything in CZ that some private element will generate excessive profits from it. There is a danger that some mismanagement could mean in the long term privatization of e.g. some motorways etc... but this is bit far-fetched.

ATM there seems to be a positive trend as what concerns corruption on the RSD. The tenders seem to be better managed and done with better intentions. The public control increases, but is not still ideal. There are also signals that quality control increases at RSD. It will be very interesting what the transformation would mean for the public tendering processes in the RSD.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #2085
ChrisZwolle
Road user

So bringing RSD to a state-owned organization makes it easier to issue debt bonds without affecting the general government debt?

Of course, debt has to be paid off. Does that open the door to higher tolls?
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #2086
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So bringing RSD to a state-owned organization makes it easier to issue debt bonds without affecting the general government debt?

Of course, debt has to be paid off. Does that open the door to higher tolls?
It certainly is easier, because first the debt is not reflected in the deficit, second, the debt can be issued in more flexible way.

Talking about tolling plans is premature, there is no detailed plan. Personally I don't think there is that much space for more tolling. There is some space for the vignette price increase though.

The organisation would have quite some assets to back this debt, thus the interest could be low. Also, if the debt would be used only for bridging the EU financing, there would not be too much pressure on the toll increase. I.e. the debt would be issued only in the amount of expected EU share on the cost and would be repaid when the EU funds would come after the completion of the project.

Last edited by Surel; December 5th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #2087
Surel

Firefighters held en fire excercise in the tunnel of soon to be opened (December, 13) section of R48 Rychaltice - Frydek-Místek. The section will be opened partially as a half profile as of next week, while some works are still needed to be finished.

photos courtesy of Jan Karásek, here

Last edited by Surel; December 6th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #2088
Surel

The "roads of death" map in the Czech Republic.

Black lined are the roads with the highest risk. Green lines then roads with the lowest risk.

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #2089
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A few observations. R7 has medium risk, one of the highest for motorways. This can be solved by repaving this road, which has poor pavement quality combined with curvature and some substandard exits.

However, I don't understand the medium risk of D1 southwest of Ostrava. That's a fairly new motorway.
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #2090
MartinvonOstrava

Likes (Received): 0

I think, the medium risk of southwest part D1 near Ostrava is caused by using D1 in half profile with 2+2 ordering , from 11/2009 to 8/2010.
It was very dangerous, because a lot of drivers weren´t kept a speedlimit (80km/h).
MartinvonOstrava no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #2091
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

which country has better road network Poland or Czech republic ..... I will be driving in the near future around these two countries thanks
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #2092
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
which country has better road network Poland or Czech republic
Both countries have a mix of very nice new roads and dreadful old roads.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #2093
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

thnx
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #2094
asahi

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
which country has better road network Poland or Czech republic ..... I will be driving in the near future around these two countries thanks
I'd say Czech Rep. Mainly because they have more motorways and expressways which makes driving around the country easier and faster. Poland has imporved a lot in the past few years, but there is still a lot to do.
asahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #2095
Angulo

Likes (Received): 3662

Quote:
I'd say Poland. Czech has more motorways and expressways, but most of these are in very bad shape (D1 Prague-Vyskov, all D2, all R7, R46). Also they have expressways without hard shoulders.
Poland has less km of motorways, but the existing are excellent. Roads in the cities are slightly worse than in Czech.
Angulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #2096
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I'd say Czech Rep. Mainly because they have more motorways and expressways which makes driving around the country easier and faster.
Really? It seems that the Czech Republic has just over 1100 kilometers of motorways and expressways while Poland has just over 2400 kilometers. On the other hand, Poland has nearly four times the land area of the Czech Republic.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2097
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
It should be opened on 7 december this year. The pricetag of almost 8 kms of the first class road I-38 bypass of Kolín is 1.9 BLN CZK (some € 80 mil) without the VAT.

The bypass of Kolín was opened to traffic today.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #2098
Surel

The RSD started the construction of the relocation of the first class road I-44, bypassing Zvole. The 3 km long first class road will feature 2x2 and the price is set at CZK 800 MIL ( € 32 MIL). Map. The opening is expected in 2014. The I-44 at that section carries 10 000 - 15 000 AADT.

Last edited by Surel; December 7th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #2099
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 309

ChrisZvole will be happy
HiRazor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2100
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angulo View Post
Also they have expressways without hard shoulders.
Overwhelming majority of Czech expressways have hard shoulders. There are few exceptions including R46, but typically expressways have hard shoulder 2,25 - 3,25 m wide depending on design category and standards in force in time of construction.

Btw even Poland with its fairly new network has shoulderless motorway sections (A18).
HiRazor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways