daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2121
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Thirteen is already a large enough number that effective collusion would be difficult to achieve.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #2122
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
How long is the construction time in those sections?
When Will it start and how Many lanes Will be opened while work is going on??

Btw anything New with remaining d8??
It should start this spring. The whole reconstruction was planned till 2018 (21 sections). A section should take 11 months to be finished.

The route Prague (Mirošovice) - Brno will be widened by 0,75 cm on each side to allow for 2x2 arrangement on one carriageway in the event of trafic closures.

This widening is done first on one carriageway and then the traffic is moved to that carriageway, the other side will be also widened and will get a new surface. After that the first carriageway will get new surface as well.

There should be two lanes available for most of the repairments in both directions. For details see this scheme: http://zpravy.ihned.cz/c1-56109570-o...0263-1-1771590, look at the pictures, it should be clear from them.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #2123
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Just one additional notice to the info on D1 Praha - Brno reconstruction:
April 2013 will be a total hell - there will be numerous 3-5 day periods when the traffic will be moved to 1+1 resp. 2+1 arrangement, so if you want to travel thru Czech rep. in Aprli 2013, please avoid D1 Praha - Brno section After those works (it's all about the demolition of old bridges over the motorway) the traffic will be arranged in 2+2 lanes.

Last edited by mapman:cz; January 4th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2124
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Thirteen is already a large enough number that effective collusion would be difficult to achieve.
It might. Some first leaked information show quite high discounts compared to the proposed price by the RSD (http://zpravy.e15.cz/byznys/doprava-...y-praha-943686).

If the rumor is true it would be great. The section Loket–Hořice (exit 66 till exit 75) woud cost 550 millions instead of estimated 1 bln CZK. (22 million euro instead of 40), i.e 45 % discount.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #2125
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

when will the next part of the R1 be built??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2126
Pascal20a

what kind is the road near ceske budejovice, hury and borek??
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #2127
Surel

No construction on the R1 before 2014 for sure. More likely later.

Try to look at google street view .
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #2128
Pascal20a

what kind is the street near the street 34
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #2129
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Just one additional notice to the info on D1 Praha - Brno reconstruction:
April 2013 will be a total hell - there will be numerous 3-5 day periods when the traffic will be moved to 1+1 resp. 2+1 arrangement, so if you want to travel thru Czech rep. in Aprli 2013, please avoid D1 Praha - Brno section After those works (it's all about the demolition of old bridges over the motorway) the traffic will be arranged in 2+2 lanes.
Thanks for the warning!

I assume that some or all of the demolished bridges will be replaced. Will the replacement bridges have a sufficient span to allow for a future widening of the D1 to 2x3 lanes?
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #2130
Ministerský rada

Yes, it will be rebuilt to accomodate 3+3 lanes
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #2131
Pascal20a

is this street for the new D3??
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #2132
Surel

What do you mean exactly?
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #2133
i15

Likes (Received): 612

I noticed Pascal20a is asking silly questions in several central-europian threads
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #2134
Pascal20a

not silly questions. The street near hury
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #2135
Ministerský rada

Look, if you are at least a bit familiar with some map servers, point out the place and post a link.

And yes, on the I/34 there are two ramps that were already built for future interchange with D3 (http://www.mapy.cz/#x=14.517880&y=49.007667&z=14&l=15). But they will likely now be rebuilt to a big roundabout-shaped interchange ...
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #2136
Surel

A short section (3 km) of D3 Borek - Usilné should be tendered this year near České Budějovice. The peculiar thing about this section is the intersection with the first class road I/34. The ramps were already build when the I/34 was constructed, however the new projects proposes a roundabout solution. Personally I consider it waste of money and hindering the traffic. Most probably this solution was chosen because of some particular developer interests on this interchange...

That particular interchange:

Current sat image
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #2137
Surel

Haha, we posted it the same minute with Mapman.

I thought about the tendering for the D1 reconstruction and I actually hesitated whether my doubts about the tender timing were right.
It is not that trivial to decide whether the tendering (I mean offering the price and announcing the winner) for different sections should take place at the same time or one after another. The criterion being the lowest total price for all sections.
If someone came across any study on this I would appreciate if he shared a link.
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #2138
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Yes, it will be rebuilt to accomodate 3+3 lanes
Good news! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
not silly questions. The street near hury
I think one of the sources of the confusion was your use of the word "street" when you meant "road". Only use "street" in an urban context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
It is not that trivial to decide whether the tendering (I mean offering the price and announcing the winner) for different sections should take place at the same time or one after another. The criterion being the lowest total price for all sections.
If someone came across any study on this I would appreciate if he shared a link.
I'm sorry that I don't have a link at hand, but game theoretic analysis shows that collusion is easier to enforce (by and among the colluders) in dynamic (sequential move) games than in static (simultaneous move) games (because there are more opportunities to punish competitors who deviate from the collusion agreement).

It should not be terribly difficult to model this: 13 players and 100 contracts to be awarded, either singly or in batches of five. Today, I'm completing an exam for my students in a Game Theory and Law course (the last lecture was yesterday), so maybe I'll give them the chance to solve this as an extra credit question. I guess it should take them between 10 and 60 minutes to set up the two games and then solve for Nash Equilibria.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #2139
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Good news! Thanks!

I think one of the sources of the confusion was your use of the word "street" when you meant "road". Only use "street" in an urban context.

I'm sorry that I don't have a link at hand, but game theoretic analysis shows that collusion is easier to enforce (by and among the colluders) in dynamic (sequential move) games than in static (simultaneous move) games (because there are more opportunities to punish competitors who deviate from the collusion agreement).

It should not be terribly difficult to model this: 13 players and 100 contracts to be awarded, either singly or in batches of five. Today, I'm completing an exam for my students in a Game Theory and Law course (the last lecture was yesterday), so maybe I'll give them the chance to solve this as an extra credit question. I guess it should take them between 10 and 60 minutes to set up the two games and then solve for Nash Equilibria.
Yeah thats what I later realized. But imagine a situation where each bidder is actually interested in only one or two sections... (I forgot that this should have been sorted out in the first round, but its not clear if the first round can really assure us that every competitor really wants to compete for each section)

But its also not that trivial to set the modeling right up, because of the information and initial conditions. E.g. the bidder with the lowest price doesn't have to have the lowest profit.

What I thought about is that the competitors/colluders don't have the same market power, nor the same resources. Some of them would be able to construct all the sections while others might really compete only for one or few sections. The information setup is also not that clear here.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #2140
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Yeah thats what I later realized. But imagine a situation where each bidder is actually interested in only one or two sections... (I forgot that this should have been sorted out in the first round, but its not clear if the first round can really assure us that every competitor really wants to compete for each section)

But its also not that trivial to set the modeling right up, because of the information and initial conditions. E.g. the bidder with the lowest price doesn't have to have the lowest profit.

What I thought about is that the competitors/colluders don't have the same market power, nor the same resources. Some of them would be able to construct all the sections while others might really compete only for one or few sections. The information setup is also not that clear here.
If you want to model this using game theory, make explicit assumptions, find the Nash Equilibria and then check what happens when you relax each assumption.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways