daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #2141
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Some month ago, I read news about a planned change of signing of many Czech Rychlostní silnice to dálnice. See this map: > Click <. It was planned, to change it in January 2013. Was it already done or postponed?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2142
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

It was planned to change in January 2014 The new amendment to 1997 Road Act is on it's way to the Government, then also the Parliament has to approve it...
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #2143
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

The state of some parts of D1 can be seen in this video. The video starts by Humpolec and ends by Benešov.
There are also pictures from the two sections to be repaired:

Quote:
section 5: Šternov (exit 41) - Psáře (exit 49)

section 9: Loket (exit 66) - Hořice (exit 75)

Last edited by Surel; January 5th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #2144
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Why should the construction last until 2018? So long?
Are every sections to be repaired simultanaously or 1 by 1??

Its gonna be a hell out there especially at summer season!!
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2145
Ministerský rada

It's planned to be done in 4 stages (it's 160 kms - 4-5 sections at once). Only with expemptions of cca three weeks all works should be done with 2+2 provisional arrangement, so hopefully the hell won't be fitted to summer season peak-days.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #2146
tfd543

and remaining d8 ? late 2014 hopefully ?

have they continued the work ?
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #2147
Surel

Yep, late 2014 or early 2015 if all the paperwork stays put.
Yep, they are working around there.
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #2148
tfd543

Regarding the D1, a crucial factor Will be whether the lanes Will be Wide enough for cars to overtake those Many trucks Between prague and
Brno.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2149
Surel

Entering Prague on the D1 motorway and going on the southern and western inner Prague city ring. The northern part of the city ring should commence in 2014 with the tunnel Blanka opening. In the second half of the video are the tunnels that are on the eastern part of the ring. The portals of the Blanka tunnel and the construction site are to be seen in the last part of the video.

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #2150
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

I must say lane discipline is very poor compared to what I usually see in other parts of CR.

Not to mention these trailer ads in 3:14
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #2151
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 305

Within city limits (or when traffic gets stationary) it is allowed to overtake from right. At least in CR. Trailer ads are indeed awful and I'm wondering on what legal basis they are stationed there.
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #2152
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Regarding the D1, a crucial factor Will be whether the lanes Will be Wide enough for cars to overtake those Many trucks Between prague and
Brno.
I cannot imagine the meaning of this question. The existing D1 is 2x2 and it will be 2x2 after reconstruction. Overtaking in the other lane is not currently constrained by lane width. Overtaking within the same lane is both illegal and extremely dangerous (except when done by motorcycles) even in lanes 3.75 meters wide. I don't see the relationship here between lane width and the possibility of overtaking trucks.

Last edited by mcarling; July 28th, 2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #2153
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRazor View Post
Within city limits (or when traffic gets stationary) it is allowed to overtake from right. At least in CR. Trailer ads are indeed awful and I'm wondering on what legal basis they are stationed there.
This is a simplification. The rule is not talking about overtaking. Overtaking is indeed allowed only from left either in city or outside the city. Furthermore outside the city borders only the rightenmost lane should be used.

The rule states that inside a city any lane can be used and that the faster vehicle is not considered to be overtaking. However it doesnt really state that changing a lane to the right lane and then back to the left lane (overtaking from left) is allowed. It also states that when all the lanes are full with slower cars blocking a faster car behind, the leftmost car is required to leave the lane if possible.

Further on. Anywhere, also outside the city, the law specifies the "souběžná jízda" i.e. driving in lanes, when the carriageway capacity is full. It again specifies that in such a case, the vehicles in the faster moving lane are not considered to be overtaking.
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2154
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I cannot imagine the meaning of this question. The existing D1 is 2x2 and it will be 2x2 after reconstruction. Overtaking in the other lane is no currently constrained by lane width. Overtaking within the same lane is both illegal and extremely dangerous (except when done by motorcycles) even in lanes 3.75 meters wide. I don't see the relationship here between lane width and the possibility of overtaking trucks.
Well, it can be narrower than this during the reconstruction:

Not everyone wants to pass the trucks in such a situation, not every car has the same size to fit in... During a windy conditions it can be also risky.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #2155
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I know I wouldn't do it.
I'm guessing speed limit for such conditions would be 60-80, so trucks would run at max speed anyway.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #2156
Ministerský rada

I tried it many times, it's possible, but really not comfy.
There are some visualisations on a special website made for this project:
http://www.novad1.cz/Vizualizace.html
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2157
tfd543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I cannot imagine the meaning of this question. The existing D1 is 2x2 and it will be 2x2 after reconstruction. Overtaking in the other lane is no currently constrained by lane width. Overtaking within the same lane is both illegal and extremely dangerous (except when done by motorcycles) even in lanes 3.75 meters wide. I don't see the relationship here between lane width and the possibility of overtaking trucks.

My imagination is illustrated at Surels photo. So the problem is how narrow the lanes will be during the construction.

So suppose that situation on the photo with a truck beside your vehicle. There is no doubt that it will make jams if no cars can overtake that truck if the lanes are too narrow :S

I think you have misunderstood. maybe you thought that I was talking about the lanes AFTER construction was finished, actually I'm talking about the lane width DURING the construction
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #2158
tfd543

so let me hear from some experts.

Suppose going from D8 to D1 or opposite direction. Will it be better to take the present Prague okruh (vysocanska radial-sterboholska spojka etc.) or the new eastern part with all those tunnels after 2014 ???
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #2159
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
I think you have misunderstood. maybe you thought that I was talking about the lanes AFTER construction was finished, actually I'm talking about the lane width DURING the construction
Thanks for clarifying. During construction, the trucks will be going about 10 kmh faster than the speed limit, so passing wouldn't be much of an option anyway. That said, I've passed in 2.0 meter lanes in construction zones, for example on the A23 in Vienna a year or two ago.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2160
Surel

Quote:
so let me hear from some experts.

Suppose going from D8 to D1 or opposite direction. Will it be better to take the present Prague okruh (vysocanska radial-sterboholska spojka etc.) or the new eastern part with all those tunnels after 2014 ???
I would guess it could be slightly faster on the inner city ring, if there is not traffic jam. It will be shorter. However it will be prone to traffic jams, tunnel closures, etc. On the other side, the trucks are and will be forbidden on this route.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways