daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #2201
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Bridge Šmejkalka on the D1, km 23.

The bridge was constructed between 1939-42 and worked on in 1945-50. The bridge is 250 m. long and the span is 120 m.

The isolation was laid on the bridge in the 70s and it was finally used for the construction of the D1. The bridge was reconstructed in the 90s.

Bridge visualisation from the 1939.

Bridge construction in the 1939-42.

Finished unconnected bridge.

Current look.

courtesy: http://www.dalnice.com/fotogal/d01/s...hraby_most.htm
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #2202
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DAC_ View Post
Pozdrav!

I'm planning a trip to Prague in April and I want to know the amount of kilometers paved with concrete on motorways D1 and D2.
I would say maybe 2/3 is concrete.

_DAC_ liked this post
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2203
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Happy Easter everybody!

One question: until where can you drive with the car towards the tripoint with Austria and Germany?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #2204
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

AFAIR to Láz, Nová Pec near Horní Planá, then you have to take a 2h walk to tripoint. Nevertheless, it's shorter to walk from Oberschwarzenberg oder Pleckenstein
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2205
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Děkuji
So, Austria or Germany is better.
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:01 PM   #2206
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Děkuji
Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
So, Austria or Germany is better.
I would not say "better", it's just shorter. The trip from Láz is a very nice one, until recently it was possible to experience deep forests of Šumava mountain range and nice views to Plešné jezero (tarn, lake) but lately there are some problems with the "bark beetle" (kůrovec) destroying the woods over there. So let's just say - stick to the shorter route.

This is what you'll get anyway:
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:46 PM   #2207
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
I would not say "better", it's just shorter. The trip from Láz is a very nice one, until recently it was possible to experience deep forests of Šumava mountain range and nice views to Plešné jezero (tarn, lake) but lately there are some problems with the "bark beetle" (kůrovec) destroying the woods over there. So let's just say - stick to the shorter route.
Shorter, quicker, that was what I meant by better. I was just searching for some info, where the car can be parked, and what path there is till up there.

I found this, maybe some will find it usefull:
http://www.dreilaendereck-bayerischer-wald.de/
http://www.adalbertstifter.at/Dreilaenderweg.htm
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2208
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

D8

http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...eni_stavby.htm

It seems RSD has all permits so construction can once again commence along D8. The new opening date is June 2015.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #2209
Ministerský rada

But there is still one "but".... there is still a lawsuite(appeal) pending at the supreme administrative court. It seems they may finally reject the lawsuit but you never know. The whole construction still can be put on hold... Honestly, I envy you - dutch - the clear and time effective system of permits and appeals, we still have a law system, that doesn't fit big road projects in any way ...
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #2210
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Honestly, I envy you - dutch - the clear and time effective system of permits and appeals, we still have a law system, that doesn't fit big road projects in any way ...
The same shit as in Germany...
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #2211
Surel

A French bus with teenagers fell out of D5 motorway flyover near Rokycany. It went through the guardrails on the sliproad and fell on the road under the motorway. One causality is reported.

[IMG]http://i46.************/20kucs6.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #2212
Surel

The long awaited structural reconstruction of D1 will start on first two sections in two weeks. The site will be handed over this week already.

The sections are: Větrný Jeníkov - Jihlava and Lhotka - Velká Bíteš.

The real traffic problems can be awaited in May when there will be only 1+1 under some bridges for some time on those sections due to their reconstruction/rebuilding/demolition. The motorway could even be closed eventually for a short time.

The maximum speed on the above mentioned sections will be at 80 km/h.

There will be a non-stop towing service at those sections.
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2213
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...eni_stavby.htm

It seems RSD has all permits so construction can once again commence along D8. The new opening date is June 2015.
When digging at the Řehlovice interchange to be the workers dug out coal layers.

There's been not much survey possible due to the enviromental reasons argues the RSD. The different geological situation will somewhat influence the construction - in site dug materials can't be used for other sections.
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #2214
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
The long awaited structural reconstruction of D1 will start on first two sections in two weeks. The site will be handed over this week already.

The sections are: Větrný Jeníkov - Jihlava and Lhotka - Velká Bíteš.

The real traffic problems can be awaited in May when there will be only 1+1 under some bridges for some time on those sections due to their reconstruction/rebuilding/demolition. The motorway could even be closed eventually for a short time.

The maximum speed on the above mentioned sections will be at 80 km/h.

There will be a non-stop towing service at those sections.

And what about at end of June ? will it be 2x2 again ? What was the u/c duration on those sections ? 11 months ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2215
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
And what about at end of June ? will it be 2x2 again ? What was the u/c duration on those sections ? 11 months ?
I expect that those 1x1 sections will be only shortly, during some operations at the bridges. Nothing that should last longer than two weeks at maximum at one spot. But thats just my guess.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #2216
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I expect that those 1x1 sections will be only shortly, during some operations at the bridges. Nothing that should last longer than two weeks at maximum at one spot. But thats just my guess.
It is usually possible to demolish one span of an old reinforced concrete overpass/flyover during one night with the carriageway below it completely closed to traffic. Most or all of these overpasses/flyovers will have a central support between two (or more) spans i.e. between the two carriageways below. The usual procedure would be to divert the traffic from one side (to be demolished) over to the other side in a temporary 1+1 arrangement. Often the two sides are done 7 days apart (on the least busy night of the week). Sometimes a whole weekend is needed for each side, rather than just one night.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #2217
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...nicni_site.htm

Czech Transportation Ministry says something about upgrading R-roads to D-roads and downgrading some R-roads to first class roads.

Which roads exactly will be down/upgraded? They don't provide a list. Am I reading it right that they are abolishing the entire class of rychlostní silnice? (Zanikne kategorie rychlostních silnic).
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2218
Surel

Quote:
http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...nicni_site.htm

Czech Transportation Ministry says something about upgrading R-roads to D-roads and downgrading some R-roads to first class roads.

Which roads exactly will be down/upgraded? They don't provide a list. Am I reading it right that they are abolishing the entire class of rychlostní silnice? (Zanikne kategorie rychlostních silnic).
Yes. Rychlostni silnice will be abolished. The specific roads and the plan was discussed already on this forum.
So far it meant that the government approved including this in the new road act. There is still a way to go before this new road act is getting through legislation.
The proposal also includes that the first class roads (only those free flow and divided) could get upgraded maximum speed to 110 kms.
If I understand it correct it would work like this (from the legal point of view):

First class roads (90 kmh max)
First class roads (90 kmh max, roads for motor vehicles only)
First class roads (110 kmh max, roads for motor vehicles only - grade separation, free flow)
Motorways of second degree (roads for motor vehicles only)
Motorways of first degree (roads for motor vehicles only)

A map: http://www.mdcr.cz/NR/rdonlyres/D748...lnicnisite.pdf

From a practical point of view the second and first degree motorways would not be named differently and there would be no difference in fact. This to make them both named motorways.

btw. The upgrade/downgrade is only on the paper - only a change of name in the case of the Rychlostni silnice.

EDIT: one more thing. They also argue that the R roads which have already 130 km/h and will be moved into the I cathegory, but their design would allow it, could keep the 130 km/h speed (set local speed limit signage) - the law would allow local increase of speed limit by 20 km/h.

Last edited by Surel; April 17th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2219
ChrisZwolle
Road user

When do you think the renumbering comes into force?
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2220
Surel

Quote:
When do you think the renumbering comes into force?
I don't know when the legislation would start in the parliament. From there on it could take a year or so.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways