daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2321
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

According to this page: http://www.rsd.cz/rsd/rsd.nsf/0/B2BF7D293A10AD5FC1257B21003D3528/$file/RSD_zpravodaj_2-13.pdf the D3 will open on the 27th of June.
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #2322
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

http://www.tyden.cz/rubriky/domaci/d...ru_274729.html

Looks like D3 will open Friday morning.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #2323
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Complete video of the newly opened D3 thanks to Kasme. The video starts on I/3 north of Lažany, the reconstructed section of D3 and bypass of Tábor follows. In the 12 minute starts the newly built section. The video features both directions and interchanges (first north -> south, then reverse).

TommyLopez liked this post

Last edited by Surel; June 28th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #2324
Surel

Six flyovers over D1 are being demolished tonight and the D1 motorway is closed for traffic in sections Lhotka – Velká Bíteš and Loket - Hořice till the morning. All this is part of the D1 (Brno - Praha) reconstruction project.

http://zpravy.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=d...730_domaci_cen

geometarkv liked this post
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2325
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Six flyovers over D1 are being demolished tonight and the D1 motorway is closed for traffic in sections Lhotka – Velká Bíteš and Loket - Hořice till the morning.
Will there also be a closure next weekend? When does the blocking usually begin and end?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2326
Surel

Sorry, I don't know the schedule. Watch the RSD webpage through Google translate. www.rsd.cz
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #2327
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Will there also be a closure next weekend? When does the blocking usually begin and end?
No, next closure will probably occur on 17.–18.8.2013.
It starts usually around 8 PM and ends around 10 AM next day, but it may vary. Diversion (alternative route) is signed all the time.

MichiH liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #2328
Pascal20a

Is the section from Borek to Usilne already under construction?
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #2329
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Is the section from Borek to Usilne already under construction?
Nope. There were complications with the tender, because one contender offered "too low" price. Just 46 % of the projected costs.
http://www.budejckadrbna.cz/zpravy/d...-oddaluje.html

The delay is reasoned by the fact that if that offer would be put aside he would go to appeal, and if not, others would go to appeal... I mean WTF? Can't they get the tender right? Can't they evaluate it quickly and correctly? Can't they prepare it so that the appeals would be pointless? Can't they for once make the state stronger than all those construction companies?

My opinion. The tenders are improving, but nevertheless are still poorly designed. Tender offers should be bulletproof. Contenders should be able to offer guarantees, and the lowest price should win. In the case that the lowest bidder doesn't perform, the guarantee would be collected and there could be a new tender. Tenders don't have to last years. I would say that the main problems is the poor projecting on the side of RSD, which in return causes problems in the tenders, and especially afterwards with quality control and performance control (contenders applying additional costs reasoning with bad info, etc.). It is simply unacceptable.

There is no motorway or expressway construction project planned to be finished in the next year. There has been no D or R construction project tendered and started since 2010!!!! This all shows very bad work on the side of the RSD.

The problem is not the money imho.

The problem is lack of competence on the side of RSD. There are loads of money that could be obtained from the EU. There are loads of unused money in the last two years. The RSD was/is simply not able to plan, get permit done, and prepare quick and bullet proof tender. If I were the transportation minister I would send the guys from RSD on a internship to GDKKiA. Even better I would hire the people from GDKKiA and have them manage the RSD and force the staff to work. Do they have lack of qualified workforce at the RSD to do this work or is the workforce so lazy? I dunno. I would say both.

This situation is in any case unbelievable.

Last edited by Surel; July 13th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #2330
Pascal20a

In Austria we give so much speed to construct S10, but the Czech Republich doesnt give much speed.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #2331
ChrisZwolle
Road user

R55 Otrokovice

The R55 terminus at Otrokovice in eastern CZ. They built the flyover and ramps for an extension of R55 in 2006, but nothing has happened since.

Old July 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #2332
Ministerský rada

Today the whole primary road between Otrkovice and Zlín (I/49 Malenovice - Otrokovice) has been opened in 2 lanes per direction (4-lane road with at-grade intersections).

As for the rest of Otrokovice-bypass (southern section), the building permit could be issued in the first half of 2014, but adequate financing for the construction of this section is not secured for 2014 ...
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #2333
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Problems for D1 reconstruction?

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/curra...hway-hits-snag
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #2334
bad_boy

Likes (Received): 2360

I don't understand the argument for more money based on allegation that the condition of the road was far worse than initially expected/assessed and the reconstruction will cost more.

If they were to rebuild the road from the scratch then what's the difference? Unless the contract was to rebuild all layers without strengthening deep ground layers...?
bad_boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #2335
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

There's a new roundabout on the road no. 3 north of České Budějovice with only two used accesses. I don't remember the exact location but I guess it is nearby Borek (I cannot find it on OSM). That roundabout looks very strange and I assumed a relation with the D3 construction. Due to the fact that the D3 is not u/c I must be wrong or it was a preliminary work?

Does anybody have information about that strange roundabout?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #2336
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_boy View Post
I don't understand the argument for more money based on allegation that the condition of the road was far worse than initially expected/assessed and the reconstruction will cost more.

If they were to rebuild the road from the scratch then what's the difference? Unless the contract was to rebuild all layers without strengthening deep ground layers...?
You are right on the unless I guess. But anyway, if the RSD was unable to provide them with the right information, or did not structure the contract so, that the risk is on the side of the contractor.... I mean. . Why there can't be any contract that is really bullet proof. Those are basic things, aren't they? Its not some minor design question.

Otherwise its like the good old trick for more money going through a copy machine.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #2337
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
You are right on the unless I guess. But anyway, if the RSD was unable to provide them with the right information, or did not structure the contract so, that the risk is on the side of the contractor.... I mean. . Why there can't be any contract that is really bullet proof. Those are basic things, aren't they? Its not some minor design question.
A careful reading of the contract would be required to determine who bears the risk in any particular event.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2338
Pascal20a

What will the next section of the D3 who will be in construction?
Old July 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM   #2339
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
There's a new roundabout on the road no. 3 north of České Budějovice with only two used accesses. I don't remember the exact location but I guess it is nearby Borek (I cannot find it on OSM). That roundabout looks very strange and I assumed a relation with the D3 construction. Due to the fact that the D3 is not u/c I must be wrong or it was a preliminary work?

Does anybody have information about that strange roundabout?
Yep, it has been built for a housing/commercial development project, it has nothing to do with the motorway.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2340
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
After visit by RSD and Ministry at the site the construction company resumed the works. It's not yet clear who would bear the additional costs. The RSD and ministry however made clear that not resuming the works would have severe consequences.

RSD and ministry promised very tight checking of the additional works and personal responsibility in the case of problems.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways