daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #2461
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
RSD released some figures about the truck tolls;

http://www.rsd.cz/doc/Informacni-ser...ne-prodlouzila

The projected 2013 revenue is 8.5 billion CZK, or just over € 300 million, which is a significant improvement over 2007, when the revenue was just 5.7 billion CZK. Long-term operating costs since 2007 have been brought under control and are just over 20% of revenue (which is still fairly high, but it used to be over 50% in the first years of operation).
The toll increased twice by 25 % in January 2012 and 2011 but not for the Euro 5 vehicles. Compared with the last year the revenues dropped by 1.5 % this year.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #2462
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I've read it could open tomorrow.
Yes, it will open tomorrow. http://regiony.impuls.cz/ustecky-kra...vsco-e7qz.html
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #2463
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

New section of R7 Expressway

Here's a video of road nr.7 from the border village Hora Svateho Sebestiana over the newly opened expressway section near Chomutov to current end of expressway near Bitozeves:

The newly opened section starts approx. at 8:05.

Last edited by mapman:cz; December 24th, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
mapman:cz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #2464
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

What means that a section of the silnice 35 between Bily Kostel nad Nizou - Hradek nad Nisou is under construction in Openstreetmaps?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2465
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

That means that the section is currently u/c - in reality!
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #2466
Pascal20a

Is it the expressway R35? When will ii be finished?
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #2467
MichiH

1x2 or 2+1. 30th June 2014
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2468
Pascal20a

Is it the R35?
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #2469
MichiH

I-35.
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #2470
Pascal20a

Why they dont make the R35 not to the border?
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #2471
MichiH

AADT. In Poland and Germany it is also not an expressway with two carriageways.
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #2472
Pascal20a

Thanks
Old December 25th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #2473
Ministerský rada

I admire your patience, MichiH!

By the way, I/35 Bílý Kostel - Hrádek nad Nisou project is designated for historical reasons as R35. It was planned originally as half profile category (R 11,5) of future R 22,5 alignment. But with abolition of half profile R category around 2000 it became just ordinary 1st class road. With the new plan of recategorization of main roads in CZ (currently on hold until the new government is appointed) it is supposed to be a part of main network with possible designation as "Autostrasse" (road for motor vehicles).

MichiH liked this post
Old December 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #2474
MichiH

I've read that a major project of the new government is to build the "R35" to relieve the D1. Is it only a general statement or is it possible to build (or at least to push) the R35 within the next election period? Are the plans for some sections already completed so that construction could start "soon"? I guess the part b/n D11 and D1 has the highest priority, isn't it? Is the R35 more important than e.g. completing the D1 near Preror or the D3 Prague - Ceske Budejovice?
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #2475
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
R35. Are the plans for some sections already completed so that construction could start "soon"? I guess the part b/n D11 and D1 has the highest priority, isn't it? Is the R35 more important than e.g. completing the D1 near Preror or the D3 Prague - Ceske Budejovice?
The sections b/n Hradec Králové and Mohelnice are sth like "vordringlicher Bedarf", yep Two section are nearing construction phase - Opatovice (I/37) - Časy and Časy - Ostrov (I/17), construction may start in 2014 or more likely 2015, land acquisitions are pending, but slowly because of new law regarding land acquistion prices. Then sections that form bypasses of Vysoké Mýto and Litomyšl should follow. The last one will be the section from Svitavy to Mohelnice, hopefully still in the new programme period of EU funds, i.e. until 2020+2.

As for the comparison with D1 near Přerov - both are equally needed (VB), funding is not such a big problem regarding those sections.

MichiH liked this post
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #2476
Pascal20a

For me the D3 have the highest priority!
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #2477
MichiH

Thanks . Are there only 3 sections for building 100km of R35?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
As for the comparison with D1 near Přerov - both are equally needed (VB), funding is not such a big problem regarding those sections.
Why is funding of R35/D1 "not a big problem"? Because of EU funding? Or in comparision with D3 and other projects?
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2478
Surel

I think that it is more meant as there is no immediate funding problem there. Actually, there is money atm, but the projects are not finalized... they are not waiting for the money, but for the paperwork.

The D1 sections should be co-financed by the EU, they probably won't be able to use the old framework though (till 2015). Overall, the money available from the EU budgets are hugely underutilized and I can't imagine that all the available sums will be ever used, which is pity. It should be the top priority of the motorway construction, but it is hardly so. The problem is that most projects are not fully prepared.

In my eyes the most sensible way for RSD and the ministry would need to invest into its employees in the first place. It should increase both, the quality and the quantity. You simply can't administer them quickly and without mistakes while not investing into the people at the RSD and ministry. Thus this should be the first priority. The second one would be the projects eligible for EU financing. In order to finance as much of them as possible a special bond program should be established. If you have EU projects that get as much as 80 % co-financing from the EU, it simply pays loads of to take a debt in order to harness this bonanza while it lasts. This is again something that doesn't happen in the CZ and I don't hear real commitments to such a system. To sum it.

The way I would love the Czech highways and motorway construction go in the next years. I.e. New Year's wish for Czech transportation.

1) Multiple number of employees at the RSD and Ministry. Increase salaries there. Motivate the people better. This all to speed up and improve the paperwork.

2) Establish a bond program that would cover for the EU-co-financed costs (till they are paid out from the EU) and for the national share of those projects.

3) Run as much as possible of the EU financing eligible projects using funding from 2.

4) Use the already available funding for the projects that are not eligible for the EU co-financing.

It should be possible with such attitude to be able to put into construction +-100 kms every year and finish the network within the next 15-20 years. It makes perfect sense to take even huge short term debt in order to finance those EU eligible projects. When the projects are finished you can repay most of the debt. And for the rest... the huge leverage that such a debt allowed simply justifies it since you are able to put in place a investment that is 3 times the value of the undertaken debt in most of the times.

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Surel; December 26th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #2479
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
In my eyes the most sensible way for RSD and the ministry would need to invest into its employees in the first place. It should increase both, the quality and the quantity. You simply can't administer them quickly and without mistakes while not investing into the people at the RSD and ministry.
See D8 desaster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
It should be possible with such attitude to be able to put into construction +-100 kms every year and finish the network within the next 15-20 years.
What do you mean "finish the network". This network (source: wikipedia)?

Or this plan: > click <.

I think both are not showing a proper network. I miss a connection Plzeň - Votice/Tabor - Humpolec (southern Prague bypass) and a further north-south motorway Hradec Kralove - Jihlava - Austria.
Old December 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #2480
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I think both are not showing a proper network. I miss a connection Plzeň - Votice/Tabor - Humpolec (southern Prague bypass) and a further north-south motorway Hradec Kralove - Jihlava - Austria.
Also R43 north to the Polish border to connect Brno/Bratislava/Vienna to Wroclaw/Poznan.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways