daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #2481
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Or this plan: > click <.
That is the official plan.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2482
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Motorway connection between Hradec Králové and Jihlava is not feasible because of two large protected areas (Žďárské vrchy and Železné hory).

Once I've tried to make a map of czech network, showing terrain and large protection zones as well, but I never managed to finish it because of many other projects and so on... You can check it there: http://www.ceskedalnice.cz/mapy/mapa-cesko-silnice.png

Then I tried to put effort in a new concept of main road arteries in CZ, so after many discussions with respective people, the Ministry of Transport approved it this way:
http://www.ceskedalnice.cz/prilohy/1...ojeti-mapa.png (PDF) - in my opinion this might be the concept that represents the basic network for sustainable development of czech main road arteries for the next 30 years. Nothing more can be financed in this period of time IMHO...

Legend:
green - motorways, blue - expressways (2x2, 2+1/1+2)
dark - existing, light - planned
+ possible 1x2 or other 2+1 expressways are grey dotted and not clearly visible but still in the map

Last edited by mapman:cz; December 26th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2483
m_rocco

Likes (Received): 11

Wasn't better upgrade existing R46 to highway standards instead building new D1 section? R35 from Olomouc to D1 juncton in Lipnik is very good as a motorway. Making R46 less curvy and a bit larger wasn't cheaper?
m_rocco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #2484
Ministerský rada

R46 would need to be completely rebuilt from scratch on many sections to comply with motorway standard . It has both inappropirate horizontal and vertical alingment. And this means that the traffic on R46 would need to be diverted somewhere for the time of construction.

So it is better to choose a new route as it was planned from the begining, though the new route has been changed many times
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #2485
Ministerský rada

Quote:
I think both are not showing a proper network. I miss a connection Plzeň - Votice/Tabor - Humpolec (southern Prague bypass) and a further north-south motorway Hradec Kralove - Jihlava - Austria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Also R43 north to the Polish border to connect Brno/Bratislava/Vienna to Wroclaw/Poznan.
Just to react on these two posts appropriately: In my personal opinion there is no place for all these three routes, if you look at the map with motorways in neighboring countries, then the Hradec - Jihlava - Tábor connection might be good to improve long-distance traffic flows, but is it really necessary? Big CZ-ring (outside of CZ) is already almost completed )
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2486
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Looking at the map confirms my belief that these routes are needed, though not among the higher immediate priorities.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #2487
Ministerský rada

Might look on the paper, but there is virtually nothing between Brno and Wroclaw to attract a local motorway traffic. From this point of view, it's just a shame that germans didn''t finish the Breslau - Wien motorway in 1940's - it would be much easier to plan around this completed motorway...
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #2488
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
the Hradec - Jihlava - Tábor connection might be good to improve long-distance traffic flows, but is it really necessary?
Yes, that would be a good route to complete the network - we are not talking about the demand but about completing the network!

I don't like that the west-east traffic must pass Prague b/c there is no alternative route. I think a connection Plzen-Tabor - in addition to your Tabor-Jihlava connection - would be adequate.

But the first step have to be building any new section within the next few years .
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2489
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
But the first step have to be building any new section within the next few years .
There are currently almost no new motorways (D/R) under construction in the Czech Republic.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #2490
MichiH

Exactly. That's what I meant .

(at least the last D8 section is u/c - since 6 years)
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #2491
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There are currently almost no new motorways (D/R) under construction in the Czech Republic.
Yep, 7 (seven!) ministers of transport in 4! years and every single one was reviewing the steps and priorities of the previous one. If you count to this new construction law, new law on tender procedures, new law on expropriation and new Civil Code - this must lead to a complete disaster But next year should be the year of the digger Hopefully ...
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #2492
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Yes, that would be a good route to complete the network - we are not talking about the demand but about completing the network!

I don't like that the west-east traffic must pass Prague b/c there is no alternative route. I think a connection Plzen-Tabor - in addition to your Tabor-Jihlava connection - would be adequate.

I agree in the long term... many years ago I draw this map of my vision for the big southern bypass:

Luki_SL liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #2493
MichiH

Which sections do you expect to be started in 2014/15? The first D11 section? Maybe D1 completion? The southern D3 extension?
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #2494
MichiH

Quote:
many years ago I draw this map of my vision for the big southern bypass:
R20/R29 looks good . Your R37/R38 should be combined to one expressway from Hubolec to the D11 west of Hradec Kralove.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2495
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Which sections do you expect to be started in 2014/15? The first D11 section? Maybe D1 completion? The southern D3 extension?
It's in the press release of ŘSD:
http://www.rsd.cz/doc/Informacni-ser...ic-v-roce-2014

The notice "plánovaná k zahájení" means "expected to start construction" in 2014.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2496
MichiH

Quote:
It's in the press release of ŘSD:
http://www.rsd.cz/doc/Informacni-ser...ic-v-roce-2014
The notice "plánovaná k zahájení" means "expected to start construction" in 2014.
R4 Skalka - křiž. II/118 4.79km
D3 0308C Veselí nad Lužnicí - Bošilec 5.13km
D3 0309/I Bošilec - Ševětín 8.14km
D3 0309/II Ševětín - Borek 10.70km
D3 0309/III Borek - Úsilné 3.16km
D1 0137 Přerov - Lipník 14.30km
R49 4901 Hulín - Fryšták 17.30km

The state of D11 1105/2 Osičky - Hradec Králové is u/c. Is that correct? I guess the word "modernizace" is missing, isn't it?
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2497
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Yep, 7 (seven!) ministers of transport in 4! years and every single one was reviewing the steps and priorities of the previous one. If you count to this new construction law, new law on tender procedures, new law on expropriation and new Civil Code - this must lead to a complete disaster But next year should be the year of the digger Hopefully ...
Hopefully, the main construction priorities (the actual sections) should be in the future set without the minister interfering, based on the evaluation scheme.

I would not mind on the other side, the minister influencing the long term priorities and setting in motion some bigger schemes as well as finding ways how to finance this. It should not happen though that a new minister cancels what the previous one does, unless it was plain stupid or damaging.

It would be great if the new priorities framework could simply spit out the next section to be prepared, constructed, etc.

I have few questions for you. Would you say that there is not enough people to manage the paperwork and construction at the ministry and RSD? I mean, looking at the total costs of the motorways, it would not make a big difference if there came more people and the salaries would get improved appropriately. Compared to the total costs it would be just a fraction, but the I have a feeling that it could influence the process tremendously.

I mean things like D8. To me it seems like there is virtually nothing happening after the landslide.... How can this be? Are there simply not people enough to work on it? I mean there should be a team of some 5-10 people that would jump on it, prepare a solution and push it through.

And last question. Do you think that the new government could bring some common sense attitude or did you lost all hopes about any improvements in this respect?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #2498
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17446

Quote:
I agree in the long term... many years ago I draw this map of my vision for the big southern bypass:
You`ve planned E65 with R35 Is there any meetings about future of e-numbering for D1 Belotin-border state (A1 to Pyrzowice)?
Old December 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2499
Ministerský rada

Quote:
The state of D11 1105/2 Osičky - Hradec Králové is u/c. Is that correct? I guess the word "modernizace" is missing, isn't it?
This section of D11 is partly finished and partly only on the paper. This section still needs to be constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Hopefully, the main construction priorities (the actual sections) should be in the future set without the minister interfering, based on the evaluation scheme.

I would not mind on the other side, the minister influencing the long term priorities and setting in motion some bigger schemes as well as finding ways how to finance this. It should not happen though that a new minister cancels what the previous one does, unless it was plain stupid or damaging.

It would be great if the new priorities framework could simply spit out the next section to be prepared, constructed, etc.

I have few questions for you. Would you say that there is not enough people to manage the paperwork and construction at the ministry and RSD? I mean, looking at the total costs of the motorways, it would not make a big difference if there came more people and the salaries would get improved appropriately. Compared to the total costs it would be just a fraction, but the I have a feeling that it could influence the process tremendously.

I mean things like D8. To me it seems like there is virtually nothing happening after the landslide.... How can this be? Are there simply not people enough to work on it? I mean there should be a team of some 5-10 people that would jump on it, prepare a solution and push it through.

And last question. Do you think that the new government could bring some common sense attitude or did you lost all hopes about any improvements in this respect?
I agree with you completely. Step by step:

1) The employees at Ministry and ŘSD are not paid well in comparison to other countries or private sector but it is comparable to other state-run institutions. I personally think that there is a need to raise salaries just because of the fact that these institution cannot retain high-quality employees. There are either crazy people with perfect specialization and a sense for their work that do it as charity to some level or people that take it as working place to go with almost no interest in their work. So especially at ŘSD sth has to be changed /and no, I'm not working there /

2) D8 is not a matter of work in terrain it's just about the paper work and all those limitations that come from the public procurement law. In the case of D8 we are dealing with an old tender and old contract but the respective people need to respect the new law. Especially changes of project during the construction are a very sensitive matter now, it's a job for lawyers and there really are not enough people to solve this properly and on time.

3) We really hope that the new government would bring at least STABILITY. All the others things could come along if they would be able to listen to those few people that really know what's going on there. But we are really afraid of what those guys from ANO party want to do. So there is still hope, I did not lost it but we need good partners to cooperate with in the management

Finally, I can only recommend you to skim through this document: http://www.dopravnistrategie.cz/ - Souhrnny dokument and Prilohy - it's avaliable only in czech (english version is being prepared), but if this the masterplan to be respected I'd go for it with all my ten fingers even if I have some doubts. But it is a realistic long-term strategy...

Quote:
You've planned E65 with R35 Is there any meetings about future of e-numbering for D1 Belotin-border state (A1 to Pyrzowice)?
Unfortunately no news on this topic
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #2500
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Might look on the paper, but there is virtually nothing between Brno and Wroclaw to attract a local motorway traffic.
Motorways are not only for local traffic. The need (or lack thereof) for an expressway link between the planned R43/R35 intersection and the A8 south of Wroclaw will become more clear (one way or the other) after the completion of the R52, the Austrian A5, and the Polish S5. However, I think the next step after completion of the planned construction along the Poznan - Wroclaw - Klodzko - Brno - Vienna/Bratislava corridor would probably be a continuation of the Polish S8 to Klodzko, before a northward continuation of the R43.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways