daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2501
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

D11 is weird. It took 17 years to acquire the land needed for the motorway near Hradec Kralové. They finally got it in June 2011. And here we are, 2.5 years later, nothing has happened...

You'd think they want to go full-speed ahead with it after a 17-year delay.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #2502
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
D11 is weird. It took 17 years to acquire the land needed for the motorway near Hradec Kralové. They finally got it in June 2011. And here we are, 2.5 years later, nothing has happened...

You'd think they want to go full-speed ahead with it after a 17-year delay.
They still did not get everything. There is a small part of the already acquired property that does not belong to the state yet. The owners donated it to the state, but it showed up that the deed of conveyance was not legally valid.

I am not sure, but I think that the meantime also some building permits became invalid.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2503
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2076

OMG. In Poland, we have much better law re: acquisition of land for construction of roads. When the decision re: construction of road is issued, then the land is by force of law acquired by State. After, the sole issue is the amount of indemnities paid to the former owner of land.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #2504
ChrisZwolle
Road user

What is the status of R56/ I/56 in Ostrava? http://goo.gl/maps/uqlIl
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2505
hiob

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
What is the status of R56/ I/56 in Ostrava? http://goo.gl/maps/uqlIl
part II is fully operational Silnice I/56 Ostrava-prodloužená Místecká II. stavba
gallery after opening http://gallery.ceskedalnice.cz/index...-II/20-12-2012

part III
from budget of SFDI
http://www.sfdi.cz/rozpocet-sfdi-a-c...rozpocet-sfdi/
http://www.sfdi.cz/soubory/obrazky-c...avy_staveb.pdf

Silnice I/56 Ostrava-prodloužená Místecká III. stavba
0,5 mil. CZK for ÚR (land use decision), comments on ÚR
There is problem with noise and exhaust gas limits not solved for more than 4 years

PS. There is info about many planned roads in that PDF.
hiob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2506
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
OMG. In Poland, we have much better law re: acquisition of land for construction of roads. When the decision re: construction of road is issued, then the land is by force of law acquired by State. After, the sole issue is the amount of indemnities paid to the former owner of land.
The law has changed recently in the CZ as well. It should be much easier to expropriate now. If the there is no issue with expropriation other than the price, the construction would be able to commence, the price can be agreed upon (at court) later.

Anyway, I think that the main problem is lack of people at the RSD and ministry that could do all this paperwork and that could do it on a appropriate level. This is in my eyes the reason for most of the delays. It will thus not make much difference if the investment will only go into the roads, but not into the state employees.
Old December 31st, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2507
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
There are currently almost no new motorways (D/R) under construction in the Czech Republic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
So this list should be complete, isn't it?

D8: Rehlovice – Bilinka 12 12.4km (November 2007 to > 2015) – projectmap
R6: Bosov – Lubenec 12 4.1km (May 2010 to ?) – projectmap

The R35 does not count b/c it is only one carriageway and building the 2nd carriageway is not part of any future plan.
Any information about R6 completion (the project page still announces 2012)?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:45 PM   #2508
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

When is construction of the remaining part of R52 (to the AT border) planned?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:10 PM   #2509
Snowlenin
Snowlenin

Likes (Received): 4

R6: Bosov – Lubenec 12 4.1km (May 2010 to 2015) – projectmap

Any information about R6 completion:

should be under construction new proposals to build the tree-linee, but again, this has changed
Read more:
http://www.financninoviny.cz/zpravy/...komise/1024299

MichiH liked this post
Snowlenin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #2510
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Hi! This holiday i went to albania and for the first time ever i went trough CZ. (Drezden - Teplice - Praha - Brno - Bratislava)

I must say the motorway through ORE mountains was amazing!!

But i noticed they were some kilometerers from teplice to velemin which was not motorway, why is it not finished yet? it was supposed to get fininshed som years i go when i read this page..

Somebody here knows when it will get finished?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #2511
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

I drove that route this past summer (well Praha - Dresden). You are right, the scenery is very beautiful. My passenger was sleeping, I woke her up to show amazing scenery, she did not care

I heard that section of road was held up for environment protest but no other info... the old road is nice pavement and scenery but about three times more traffic than it can handle.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #2512
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

The missing section is called D8 Lovosice - Řehlovice and there are numoreous problems, mostly environmental and administrative (cancelled building permits due to environmental complaints), one big problem is of nautral cause - huge landslide:

Yep, I'm talking about the trees and meadow in the path of the motorway. Landslide started at (and was probably caused by) the water flows from the stone quarry due to heavy rains (lack of sufficient drainage).

More pictures here: http://www.k-report.net/discus/messa...suv-245923.pdf
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #2513
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
The missing section is called D8 Lovosice - Řehlovice and there are numoreous problems, mostly environmental and administrative (cancelled building permits due to environmental complaints), one big problem is of nautral cause - huge landslide:

Yep, I'm talking about the trees and meadow in the path of the motorway. Landslide started at (and was probably caused by) the water flows from the stone quarry due to heavy rains (lack of sufficient drainage).

More pictures here: http://www.k-report.net/discus/messa...suv-245923.pdf
wow, i saw the photos, didnt knew it was that huge problem!

But what does this mean? that they are never going to finish this section from Lovosice - Rehlovice? or do they have a plan for finishing this in the future? do you know when if so?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #2514
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Motorways are not only for local traffic. The need (or lack thereof) for an expressway link between the planned R43/R35 intersection and the A8 south of Wroclaw will become more clear (one way or the other) after the completion of the R52, the Austrian A5, and the Polish S5. However, I think the next step after completion of the planned construction along the Poznan - Wroclaw - Klodzko - Brno - Vienna/Bratislava corridor would probably be a continuation of the Polish S8 to Klodzko, before a northward continuation of the R43.
I can't see Poland even thinking about a southwards extension of the S8 for a very long time - the Government won't fund it, the provincial government can't afford it, Wroclaw is way too much in debt to help and so on. They're struggling to secure the funding to get the S3 built from the A8 to the border - and S8 is very much behind that.

The S8 does make sense from a development point of view - places like Niemcza are dreadful and a fast link to Wroclaw would really open them up for development. But there are just far more important roads to be built.

The interesting question is the future of the Wroclaw-Vienna route. S3/R35 to Hradec Kralove is certain, but after that? Putting traffic through Prague is a dreadful idea, so the only logical outcome is a new expressway/motorway from Parbudice to Brno. But whether that will happen is another question.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #2515
ChrisZwolle
Road user

R43 Svitavy - Brno was planned but seems to have about the lowest priority of all R-roads.
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #2516
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I can't see Poland even thinking about a southwards extension of the S8 for a very long time - the Government won't fund it, the provincial government can't afford it, Wroclaw is way too much in debt to help and so on. They're struggling to secure the funding to get the S3 built from the A8 to the border - and S8 is very much behind that.
Yes, it is very unlikely. It however appears in Lower Silesia's plans:

Also found this:
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #2517
MonteChristo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 942

It will be build later.
MonteChristo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #2518
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

The S8 does make sense from a development point of view - places like Niemcza are dreadful and a fast link to Wroclaw would really open them up for development. But there are just far more important roads to be built.

The interesting question is the future of the Wroclaw-Vienna route. S3/R35 to Hradec Kralove is certain, but after that? Putting traffic through Prague is a dreadful idea, so the only logical outcome is a new expressway/motorway from Parbudice to Brno. But whether that will happen is another question.
If a direct Wroclaw - Brno expressway will be built, it will be built in large part due to EU pressure, though there are also some domestic interests in both CZ and PL.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:54 AM   #2519
Surel

Eurovia versus RSD. D1 in Ostrava.

The arbiters so far sided with the RSD in the matter of overpriced invoices for the D1 and acknowledged that damages worth some 20 mil € as the fault at the Eurovia side. However, Eurovia doesn't have to pay more than some 0.5 mil € as the claims became time-barred in the meantime.

RSD is going to pursue criminal charges against some employees who should have done their job properly back then and watch for what is in the invoices. Basically Eurovia charged for things it did not do or used different volumes of material, or wrongly adjusted for inflation...etc.

The dispute between RSD and Eurovia still goes on in other issues, mainly the quality of the construction itslef.

http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/reditelstv..._ekonomika_maq
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #2520
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
If a direct Wroclaw - Brno expressway will be built, it will be built in large part due to EU pressure, though there are also some domestic interests in both CZ and PL.
Wasn't a road along such corridor planned and started works by the Nazis in WW II? I know only some km exist of road, but is there a relatively large length of the alignment that is graded / undeveloped since then? (somewhat like similar roads in PL say A4 or A/S 6), what I mean, is would construction be relatively simple for acquisition of land, or if it is as if starting from scratch.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways