daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #2521
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

I've found a news article about the future plans of the new government: > click < (sorry, article is written in language of the Nazis).

Czech Republic needs 2.7 billion € per annum until 2020 (including 700 EU million). It also contains an incomplete project list with estimated construction times. I can't remember already seen it here.

Does anyone have a complete list? Is the list trustable or wishful thinking?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #2522
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I've found a news article about the future plans of the new government: > click < (sorry, article is written in language of the Nazis).

Czech Republic needs 2.7 billion € per annum until 2020 (including 700 EU million). It also contains an incomplete project list with estimated construction times. I can't remember already seen it here.

Does anyone have a complete list? Is the list trustable or wishful thinking?
The money should not be a problem. It will be a problem to put it into construction, the paperwork, permits and projects are the problem. Already it is not much anyway when you look at the plans. Don´t forget this is also the roads and rail combined.

There is need for twice as much, easily.

For the source list look here: http://www.dopravnistrategie.cz/en/m...menu-downloads especially here: http://www.dopravnistrategie.cz/imag...610EN-APPs.pdf

MichiH liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #2523
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Yep, finally. This is the official EN version of the Transport Sector Strategies (Masterplan) ...
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #2524
bogdymol
bogdymod

Some older pictures (from 2010) that I shot in north-eastern part of Czech Republic:

On E462 (CZ road 48) just west of Frydek-Mistek:

On E75 (CZ road 11) between Trinec and the Slovakian border near Mosty u Jablunkova:

This picture is actually on the exit slip road at Jablunkov. The main road (E75 / 11) continues on the viaduct.

I've also added few pictures of the same road, across the border into Slovakia.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Moravian liked this post

Last edited by bogdymol; January 15th, 2014 at 10:38 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #2525
Surel

An unpleasant news.

RSD fired the Miloslava Pošvářová, the chief of quality control. She was in the office just about a year. Pošvářová was the main RSD engine and key person in e.g. the conflict with Eurovia about the quality of the D1 in Ostrava.

http://www.financninoviny.cz/zpravy/...alnice/1030741
http://www.financninoviny.cz/zpravy/...alnice/1030741

She was always quite open about the problems that she came across in the organization and the processes at work there and were quite specific in naming the problems and issues, also on the construction sites. I can imagine she wasn't liked by some.

e.g. video by Czech TV about the D1 in Ostrava, there are also some examples of what Pošvářova was not afraid to show about the quality of the Czech roads. http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilan...zpackanou-d47/

For me, this is a major let down.

Just to illustrate the dismal situation. She repeatedly pointed out that the whole construction quality control section in the whole Czech Republic comprise some 10 people that are poorly paid (salary under 900 €, while they should control billions). This is not only about some checking after the whole work is done. Those people are also responsible for setting out the frameworks for the contracts which then allow for quality control and for the control during the whole construction phase.

It was quite unbelievable how she described one meeting with Eurovia. She, alone, against a battery of lawyers. Unbelievable how poorly is the RSD managed and how deprived of expertise and manpower.

The way she describes how we came into the current state is that the RSD was purposefully stripped down in order to lose expertise and be any counterweight to the construction companies. This system could work in the past as the pressure on effective spending was not that high and the construction companies could simply take their slice and manage it themselves. When the corruption and wasteful spending became much bigger issues, the whole mechanism stopped, while the RSD was not able to resume any position as it was already without appropriate manpower able to prepare those projects.

Now, it seems to me that firing her leads rather to the previous situation, not really empowering the RSD. This is not the path I would like to see for Czech roads.

This situation seems to me quite embarrassing for the Czech transportation sector, especially looking e.g. at Poland. I am very curious what will the new government (just coming in the office these days) do with it.

Last edited by Surel; January 18th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #2526
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Who removed Miloslava Pošvářová from office?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #2527
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

I love Posvarova pointing out trivial overpass defect. Here, they will say everything is fine but the overpass already resting on the road below
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:22 AM   #2528
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

The RSD director Pavel Kočica. He is the director since half a year. The previous one Čermák or the one before him (three changes within a two years, yes) brought Pošvářová in and supported her. It seemed at first that the tramini was also supporting her.

The pretense for firing her was communication problems and not giving some materials about the D1 in Ostrava to the director Kočica. She said that Kočica did not sign confidentiality for the arbitration process and should not have access to those partial materials at this stage anyway, she was worried about information leakage (her words).

mcarling liked this post

Last edited by Surel; January 18th, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:09 AM   #2529
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Will the D3 go in construction in March?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #2530
Surel

Some sections of D3 between Veselí and České Budějovice should go into construction this year. There are no set data.
Old February 26th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #2531
Surel

Some nice pictures of the Trója Bridge in Prague. (connects to the Inner city ring tunnel Blanka and carries tramway tracks, replacing the old tramway bridge)

Photo's curtsey of http://makr.zonerama.com/Album/271491, Martin MaKr Kratochvíl.

Prague's center to the left upper side of the picture. The Blanka tunnel begins on the right side.

Portal of the Blanka tunnel, and the interchange with the Trója Bridge.

The Trója Bridge.

The Trója Bridge.

Look to the other side (from the center - to the west north of Prague)

The Trója Bridge.

Nowax, TommyLopez, Moravian liked this post
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #2532
Surel

Another very nice pictures by MaKr (http://makr.zonerama.com/Album/267097) from the never ending story of D8.

The Bridge Opárno, D8, view direction towards Prague

Chotiměř, view direction towards Prague

Dobkovičky

Prackovice

Habrovany

Řehlovice D8xR63 interchange

MichiH, pmaciej7, TommyLopez, Moravian liked this post
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #2533
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Pošvářová now works for the new transportation minister Antonín Prachař as an advisory.

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct24/eko...kyni-ministra/

mcarling liked this post
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #2534
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Another very nice pictures by MaKr (http://makr.zonerama.com/Album/267097) from the never ending story of D8.
nice! I remember when i drived from drezden to brno this chrismas 2 months ago, I saw the construction

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; February 26th, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: unnecessary image quoting
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:20 AM   #2535
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Have the works on D1 resumed? As I drove there for Christmas holiday there was nothing going on. I assume they just took a winter pause.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #2536
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Have the works on D1 resumed? As I drove there for Christmas holiday there was nothing going on. I assume they just took a winter pause.
The modernization works should have resumed last weekend, I guess they did. Major works should begin in April when the traffic should be moved to one carriageway in certain parts. In total 7 sections should be undergoing modernization during this year.

Also major repair works will begin again on the D1 in April.
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #2537
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Pošvářová now works for the new transportation minister Antonín Prachař as an advisory.

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct24/eko...kyni-ministra/
Pošvářová resigned at her advisory role to the transportation minister Prachař. She accused the minister of spreading allegation about her "stealing" at the RSD and gave a notice to him that she can't cooperate with him under such circumstances.

The story thus goes on.

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct24/eko...rkl-z-kradeze/
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #2538
Surel

A geological survey on the landslide at the D8 construction site was finally tendered for CZK 2 mln (€ 80 k) by the RSD new management.

http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/geologicky...ko-doprava_neh

What is interesting? The previous contract offer for the geological survey, that was stopped by the new RSD management, would have been worth CZK 52 mln (€ 2 mln) for the contractor.

I.e. the old contract would have had 2600 % higher price .

After a year, someone will do the survey, at last!

Landslide at the D8 construction site caused by the last year summer rains that were responsible also for the massive flooding.
[IMG]http://oi62.************/283waa.jpg[/IMG]

The government also approved several projects to be started this year, funding is available, but the tendering and launching of the projects will be troublesome.

Last edited by Surel; March 30th, 2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #2539
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Will the D11 section Osicky - Hradec Kralove in construction yet?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #2540
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Surel what do ou think they will do thi that lanslide? They will remove it or as I read, on some newspapers, they will build a small tunnel?

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways