daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #2541
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
Surel what do ou think they will do thi that lanslide? They will remove it or as I read, on some newspapers, they will build a small tunnel?
I guess it would be much cheaper to remove part of the landslide than to dig or bore a tunnel.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #2542
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Will the D11 section Osicky - Hradec Kralove in construction yet?
Archaeological research is going on in some parts. There are still problems with a tiny piece of land that is not in ownership of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
Surel what do ou think they will do thi that lanslide? They will remove it or as I read, on some newspapers, they will build a small tunnel?
The only tunnel that are some crazies talking about afaik is a long tunnel under the whole mountain instead of already build parts of the motorway, including the build bridges and two small tunnels . (i.e. the original alternative variant).

I don't know how they will solve the landslide. I am not a construction engineer. I would say they need to stabilize the slope. Make sure that the water that came due to the mine at the top of the mountain doesn't go inside this slope again. That's the most important.

They will maybe need to anchor that 200 - 400 meters of the motorway deep into the mountain bellow the sliding layer and build some gabions or some other walls at the hill side of the road. I don't know if some sort of "tunnel" cover would be useful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I guess it would be much cheaper to remove part of the landslide than to dig or bore a tunnel.
It is not that deep, and anyway, it would not be possible to dig a tunnel in the landslide soil. It would not make any sense imho.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #2543
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Ok thanks on the rsd.cz sie stands 04/2014. Thanks for the info.
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #2544
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I don't know how they will solve the landslide. I am not a construction engineer. I would say they need to stabilize the slope. Make sure that the water that came due to the mine at the top of the mountain doesn't go inside this slope again. That's the most important.

They will maybe need to anchor that 200 - 400 meters of the motorway deep into the mountain bellow the sliding layer and build some gabions or some other walls at the hill side of the road. I don't know if some sort of "tunnel" cover would be useful there.
In such a case, the most important consideration for the civil engineers is the angle of repose. If the slope is steeper than the angle of repose, then it needs to be restrained in some way, such as with a retaining wall or pilings. If the slope is shallower than the angle of repose, then it should be ok as is. Of course, there must be a conservative margin. Following a landslide, the slope is typically at or very near the angle of repose. Digging to reach the buried roadbed will increase the slope, so it's clear that something will have to be done to stabilize the soil.
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #2545
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2056

Quote:
The government also approved several projects to be started this year, funding is available, but the tendering and launch of the projects will be the troublesome.
What projects are on this list ?
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #2546
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

I've read it includes D3 from Veselí nad Lužnicí to České Budějovice and an unspecified segment of R4. It also includes renovation of D1.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #2547
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Still the same list like in January or has the list been modified?

Quote:
There is need for twice as much, easily.

For the source list look here: http://www.dopravnistrategie.cz/en/m...menu-downloads especially here: http://www.dopravnistrategie.cz/imag...610EN-APPs.pdf
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #2548
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Czech Republic is getting prepared for it's first road closure on D1 motorway with temporary barriers and 2x2 traffic on one carriageway. We all know here that we are years behind our colleagues in Germany, Austria or other "western" european countries but it's still nice to see that we've entered the club finally .

This measure is bound with the so called modernisation of D1 motorway and takes place on 3 of 4 stretches being under reconstruction now. Driving lanes are 3,15 m and 2,5 m wide. Here are some pictures:

Surel, TommyLopez liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #2549
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Still the same list like in January or has the list been modified?
This list should determine the priorities. The government has to approve the the tendering for the projects if the price is above certain tag (CZK 300 mln). In march it approved following tenders for motorways, expressways and first class roads:

Section..................................Lenght............price tag without VAT (CZK)

D3 0309/II Ševětín – Borek.................10,6 km......1 706 933 600,00
D3 0309/I Bošilec – Ševětín................8,1 km........2 317 253 000,00
R4 Skalka - křižovatka II/118..............4,8 km........779 000 000,00
I/37 Pardubice – Trojice, II. etapa.......1 km...........591 389 400,00
I/44 Červenohorské sedlo – jih.............8 km..........448 644 900,00
I/38 Znojmo obchvat II......................3,5 km........355 280 000,00
I/68 Třanovice - Nebory.....................6 km...........2 143 285 100,00
I/34 Božejov – Ondřejov – Pelhřimov.....5,4 km........467 329 000,00

Total..............................................47,5 km.......8 809 115 000,00

http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...c_a_dalnic.htm

It can later on this year approve another projects as well.

There are multiple projects already undergoing tenders or the evaluation of the tender results. In many cases administrative reasons are preventing the construction to begin.

Namely these motorways and expressways:

D1 0137 Přerov – Lipník...................14,3 km
D3 Veselí n. Luž. – Bošilec................5,1 km
D3 Borek – Úsilné............................3,1 km
R55 5505 Otrokovice, JV obchvat.......3,1 km

Then you have projects that are long tendered but currently not under construction due to administrative problems:

D11 1105-2 Osičky – HK (část Praskačka – Hradec Králové)......4,4 km
R49 4901 Hulín – Fryšták....................................................17,3 km

MichiH liked this post
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:58 PM   #2550
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

I've travelled on saturday on D1 between Brno and Prague and the modernization works have restarted. However there were no traffic problems.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 11:19 PM   #2551
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
I've travelled on saturday on D1 between Brno and Prague and the modernization works have restarted. However there were no traffic problems.
What is your impression of the sections completed last year in contrast to the sections yet to be done? Can you say anything specific, other than that the new sections are better? Any other impressions of the works?
Old March 31st, 2014, 11:32 PM   #2552
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
What is your impression of the sections completed last year in contrast to the sections yet to be done? Can you say anything specific, other than that the new sections are better? Any other impressions of the works?
I think there is no finished section yet, they just stopped the works for the winter and they restarted now. The works are complex, they will also add some new overpasses, rebuild some bridges and enlarge significantly the motorway (even if it will still be 2+2). Now the quality varies a lot, there are sections where you can drive decently and sections where the driving is very lousy and uncomfortable for cars and passengers. The construction sites are limited to 80km/h, but ussually the people drive faster, around 90-100km/h. I needed 1h 45 min between Brno (intersection with D2) and Prague (exit 1).
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM   #2553
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

ORF reports that construction of R52 towards Vienna would begin soon.

http://noe.orf.at/news/stories/2639640/

Nachdem jahrelang die Finanzierung des Autobahnbaus auf tschechischer Seite unklar war, gibt es nun im neuen tschechischen Regierungsübereinkommen positive Signale für einen Ausbau.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:45 PM   #2554
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No.

"könnte" = could (2x)
"positive Signale" = positive signals
"Kreishauptmann Südmährens werde sich für die Finanzierung des A5-Ausbaus auf tschechischer Seite stark machen" = Even the destrict administrator of South Moravian will agitate for funding of the A5 building in the Czech Republic

ORF reports that the construction could maybe possibly start in the future.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:58 PM   #2555
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That would be a big surprise. R52 would be financed by RSD, not local government, right? So I'm not sure there's any more to this than wishful thinking.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:09 PM   #2556
Surel

The local governments are becoming somewhat more active. They try to lobby, and they even offer e.g. some participation in buying out the land. Officially though they don't have influence on the D,R and I roads construction, they might be willing to participate, especially with the I roads, also financially, to get things done.

There are huge administrative problems with R52 due to revoked exceptions allowing crossing the protected nature areas. Furthermore the spatial development plan of South Moravian region is one big mess. The only thing that might see start of the construction in the next few years is the Mikulov bypass.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:36 AM   #2557
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11818

just out of curiosity: wouldnt it be easier to connect to Austrian A5 via D2 at Hustopece or Podivin? or are there environmental issues?
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM   #2558
mcarling

There is at least the obvious environmental issue that a detour via Hustopece or Podivin would be a needlessly long route which would result in increased pollution for every vehicle traveling between Brno and Vienna.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:37 AM   #2559
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
just out of curiosity: wouldnt it be easier to connect to Austrian A5 via D2 at Hustopece or Podivin? or are there environmental issues?
There are two Unesco protected reserves south of D2 and north of Austrian border.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lednice...ural_Landscape
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1...Protected_Area

It would have been possible to make a connection perhaps by building a Břeclav bypass south of Břeclav, next to the railway. The Austrian side did not want that though. They wanted the A5 going to Poysdorf afaik. Neither Břeclav wanted there an expressway.

Last edited by Surel; April 3rd, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:47 PM   #2560
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:

There is at least the obvious environmental issue that a detour via Hustopece or Podivin would be a needlessly long route which would result in increased pollution for every vehicle traveling between Brno and Vienna.
It would be just about 10 km longer (out of cca 85 km). I don't see that as "needlessly long route" especially as it would significantly reduce construction cost and land use.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways