daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #2781
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondro View Post
Please, tell me this is just some kind of humour and you know what this is and why it is there and that it is on every bridge.
I know what it is and why it is there. But I don't know why in the hell don't they put some slide over it on the bike path, or find some other cyclist friendly solution for the dilatation, when they already made that idiotic decision to put the bikes on the road (e.g. look at the steel plate on the pavement). Those sharks teeth are a killer for any cyclist....

On the other side, I read somewhere, that the normal bike path is placed on the pavement, but the pictograms are there to legalize the "speedcyclists" on the road. Anyone would know anything about this?

Last edited by Surel; October 8th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #2782
Surel

The government approved investments in the infrastructure for the next two years. They approved expressway and motorway projects that should be started in the next two years worth CZK 100 BLN ( € 3.6 BLN). List in the link: http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/vlada-schv...ent=clanek-box

The total investments in infrastructure (roads, rail, water) should reach CZK 230 BLN (€ 8.2 BLN) in the next two years.

We will see whether this is realistic, the paperwork shows to be quite slow.

Richard_P, SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by Surel; October 8th, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: expressway and motorway
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #2783
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

for the lazy people

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, Surel, Richard_P, SRC_100, cricric and 1 others liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:50 AM   #2784
m_rocco

Likes (Received): 11

D1 Lipnik-Prerov 14,3km? So it won't be completed?
m_rocco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #2785
Jaromir

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_rocco View Post
D1 Lipnik-Prerov 14,3km? So it won't be completed?
D1 will be completed after finishing the last part Rikovice - Prerov (9,7 km).

See these links:
http://www.rsd.cz/rsd/rsdcat.nsf/0/741487DA20C39F0AC125757B00532C13/$file/d1-prerov-lipnik.pdf
http://www.rsd.cz/rsd/rsdcat.nsf/0/E44883B42EED0C23C125755C0035B13F/$file/d1-rikovice-prerov.pdf
Jaromir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #2786
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Four D3 sections should be built. But there will remain two little gaps: Veseli nad Luznici - Bosilec (2nd carriageway only) and Borek - Usilne (~2km). Is there any reason for the latter gap?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #2787
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Those two sections are already in tender and shall start as soon as the winner is chosen.

And please don't take these tables as serious - they are part of a pre-election propaganda.

MichiH, Surel liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #2788
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
And please don't take these tables as serious - they are part of a pre-election propaganda.
Yeah. But the funds are available. The only trouble is the paperwork and projects right now. Do you see any hope there? Light at the end of the tunnel?
Old October 10th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #2789
Ministerský rada

IMO opinion is Mr. Prachař the worst minister of transport in ten years (believe it or not we had ten ministers in ten years). From the outside his activities might look catchy but from the inside it's just pure tragedy. I'm talking about the incompetence of the whole managing team and their consultants, the inability to stabilize the R&M Directorate (ŘSD) and many other things. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, I'm sorry :/
Old October 11th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #2790
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Anyway when we can expect full motorway from Brno to Austrian border?
I think that there were plans to start with the construction this year,but that didnt happened.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #2791
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

It's not planned to build a "full motorway" there.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #2792
m_rocco

Likes (Received): 11

Are there some environmental reasons why austria didn't build A5 towards Breclav instead of Mikulov?
I mean building A5 to connect with future R55 and who wants to go to Brno can take D2 in Breclav
m_rocco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #2793
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Anyway when we can expect full motorway from Brno to Austrian border?
I think that there were plans to start with the construction this year,but that didnt happened.
The A5 should start to be constructed towards Poysdorf soon, but from there to the border depends on the Czech side. It's exactly the same situation with the motorway from Hradec Kralove to Lubawka on the PL border - both Austria and Poland know that the Czech Republic has major, major internal problems with road building and that there's little point in building a motorway to the border unless the Czechs can also build their side.

My gut feeling is that this will remain one of the more stupid gaps in the European road network for many years to come. A bypass of Mikoluv will probably happen sooner rather than later, but I suspect the tedious drive from Poysdorf to Pohorelice will remain for a long time yet.

Having said that, there are many other stupid places on the Czech road network. I still can't understand the massive overengineering of the R35/R46 junction in Olomouc, while the R35 also has an unbelievably idiotic roundabout in the north of Olomouc that causes huge delays.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #2794
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17478

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_rocco View Post
Are there some environmental reasons why austria didn't build A5 towards Breclav instead of Mikulov?
I mean building A5 to connect with future R55 and who wants to go to Brno can take D2 in Breclav
I think the R52 will be built faster than R55. Additionally I/R52 in Czech Republic and B7/A5 in Austria is part of E461 corridor.
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #2795
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Znojmo bypass

Is the Znojmo bypass (I/38) already under construction?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #2796
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

When will be the 2lane section of the D3 in Tabor be removed??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #2797
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is the Znojmo bypass (I/38) already under construction?
One section is already completed, but makes no sense alone, so it is called as "the most expensive roller skating track in the world", because many inliners use it instead of cars. See "2.etapa" in the map within this PDF (page 3). The "1.etapa" has problem with one plot, that has to be expropriated.

The westernmost section is tender but a lawsuit against the construction permit has been filed and the outcome is uncertain so opening of all abovementioned stages in 2017 is endangered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
When will be the 2lane section of the D3 in Tabor be removed??
No one knows - there is a dispute with nearby owners of a "bikeshop" that needs to be disconnected from the future motorway, but they don't have other connection to road network and agreement between the owners and the state on the height of the purchase price is almost impossible. As long as this dispute is not solved, the construction can't proceed.
Old October 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #2798
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

this problem should be solved soon. its terrible to drive there. they should make an other road to this bike road.
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #2799
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post

No one knows - there is a dispute with nearby owners of a "bikeshop" that needs to be disconnected from the future motorway, but they don't have other connection to road network and agreement between the owners and the state on the height of the purchase price is almost impossible. As long as this dispute is not solved, the construction can't proceed.
What is wrong with the exits already available?
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #2800
Ministerský rada

They don't comply with the current technical standards and an exemption was not allowed by the respective authorities.

Anyway, this particular case just shows how bad the decision-making of zoning/building authorities in this country was (maybe bribed?), the Building Authority just shouldn't allow to build this shop - it is connected to a former petrol station area. The station and it's junction to Tabor bypass was approved as temporary until the motorway is permitted, but eventually the shop has been approved by the local buliding authority as permanent, what a nonsense! And court decided that the shop owners need to be paid-off or stay connected to the bypass - the latter option is not acceptable though.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways