daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2861
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

While it is tolerable to continue to refer to the past plan by that vile name, it is distasteful and, to many, offensive to use it to refer to any current or future plans.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #2862
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

I'm just not convinced there's the will on the Czech side to do anything with the Vienna-Brno-Wroclaw corridor. The existing route via Olomouc is tolerable, except the mess at that roundabout in Olomouc when heading north. If they can sort out the road from Bludov to Cervena Voda, then passenger transit traffic is catered for. At least for now, the priority should be sorting out that stupid gap on the Brno-Vienna route - I absolutely despise that section.

mcarling liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #2863
Trupman

Likes (Received): 408

The traffic volume at Dolní Lipka-Boboszów border crossing on Brno-Wroclaw road is between 1001 and 3000 cars per day. I was there personally few times and it really isn't worth a highway.
Old December 15th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #2864
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I'm just not convinced there's the will on the Czech side to do anything with the Vienna-Brno-Wroclaw corridor. The existing route via Olomouc is tolerable, except the mess at that roundabout in Olomouc when heading north. If they can sort out the road from Bludov to Cervena Voda, then passenger transit traffic is catered for. At least for now, the priority should be sorting out that stupid gap on the Brno-Vienna route - I absolutely despise that section.
Those highways won´t get attention in the Czech Republic. It has one simple reason. The country is impossible in using the EU funds for building the motorways. They could prepare those corridors, get 85 % financing for them and get them done for fraction of the costs, pumping lots of money into the economy and getting those roads even if they are not crucial for the country as such.

It doesn´t really matter, that the road is not important for the CZ as such, when it could be simply built with the EU money. Even if the rest should be build on debt, this would make perfect sense. But there is no one that would be able to acutally proceed with something like this in CZ. The legal enviroment would need a major reshape as well to allow for some flexibility on the Czech side.

There is not even anyone, that I would see, with such a vision in the CZ, let alone with ability to do it.

Last edited by Surel; December 16th, 2014 at 05:18 AM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #2865
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trupman View Post
The traffic volume at Dolní Lipka-Boboszów border crossing on Brno-Wroclaw road is between 1001 and 3000 cars per day. I was there personally few times and it really isn't worth a highway.
There certainly is no justification to build a highway between Brno and Wroclaw now but this may change in the future. One reason is induced demand as a result of building the A5 and R52 between Vienna and Brno, the S8 or S5 between Wroclaw and Klodzko, the S5 between Wroclaw and Poznan, and the R43 from Brno to the R35. Another reason is that cross-border traffic in Europe generally will continue to increase as language barriers are broken down by the widespread learning of English. It might be a project for the 2030s or 2040s.

The route via Olomouc is a long detour.

Kanadzie, GROBIN liked this post
Old December 15th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #2866
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
There certainly is no justification to build a highway between Brno and Wroclaw now but this may change in the future. One reason is induced demand as a result of building the A5 and R52 between Vienna and Brno, the S8 or S5 between Wroclaw and Klodzko, the S5 between Wroclaw and Poznan, and the R43 from Brno to the R35. Another reason is that cross-border traffic in Europe generally will continue to increase as language barriers are broken down by the widespread learning of English. It might be a project for the 2030s or 2040s.

The route via Olomouc is a long detour.
I agree with you, but at the same time, I think we still have to be pragmatic and accept that there's a viable route via Olomouc. Looking on Google Maps, it's a difference (today) of 8km - it's just not worth building another motorway for the sake of avoiding Olomouc. I'd rather see them doing something about the mess that is Kłodzko-Bludov - even building simple bypasses of Miedzylesie and Cervena Voda, sorting out that brutal section between Cervena Voda and Bludov and a few more small improvements and the road will be much better. Combine it with some badly needed bypasses on the DK8 and the route is much more viable.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #2867
mcarling

Will the 12.8 kilometer section of R35 planned from Opatovice to Časy be built during the 2014-2020 EU funding cycle?
Old December 28th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #2868
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

It is planned to be built in this cycle, so hopefully yes - it is one of the top priorities.
Old December 28th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #2869
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Which (motorway- or expressway-like) projects are "really" expected to begin in 2015?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #2870
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17452

I would rather ask - which motorways/expressways are expecting to built during the 2014-2020 EU funding cycle ? Is threre any top list?
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #2871
MichiH

I guess 2014-2020 is a crowded wish list. I'd like to know which construction is "really" (not blabla of politicians) expected to start "soon" (in the coming months).
Old December 28th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #2872
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

This is a map of projects that are expected to be financed in the next three-years period:

The colour coding is simple:
1 - roads in operation
2,3,4 - projects financed solely from national budget (3-ongoing, 4-construction expected in 2015, 5- in 2016/7)
5,6 - projects cofinanced by EU 2007-2013 perspective
7,8,9 - projects planned to be cofinanced by EU 2014-2020 perspective

MichiH, SRC_100, Luki_SL, mcarling liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #2873
Trupman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I'd like to know which construction is "really" (not blabla of politicians) expected to start "soon" (in the coming months).
I'd say none. At the same time I really hope I'm wrong.

MichiH liked this post
Trupman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #2874
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17452

So there is no plans to build R1 between D11 and D1 interchange in near future?
Old December 28th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #2875
Trupman

The construction is expected to start in 2018, at least that's what ŘSD (Road and Motorway Directorate) says in its informational leaflet.
Old December 28th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #2876
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Those dates tend to change every year. ŘSD does a good job of providing information about projects, but planned future events are very unreliable due to lack of funding.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #2877
MichiH

Lack of funding? They should complete planning first.
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #2878
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Those dates tend to change every year. ŘSD does a good job of providing information about projects, but planned future events are very unreliable due to lack of funding.
There is not really lack of funds. The problem is preparing the projects, getting permits, designs, securing the land and tendering everything. RSD dates is wishfull thinking.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #2879
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

What happens with the funding nowadays? There are far less projects going on today than was anticipated in 2008 or so.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #2880
jtybinka

Likes (Received): 57

I like very much they plan to build R49 to Frystak. It seems they are going to connect Czech Republic with Slovakia because D2 only connects Czech Republic with Hungary through Bratislava.
(don`t understand me wrong :-) ) That would be great road from Praha to Zilina , Tatry , Kosice and in fact everywhere in Slovakia. Something like that was even planned and it was priority 1 during the time of Czechoslovakia - I guess (more important then D5 Plzen/Germany direction as it was going to the most important turistic destination from Praha that time. So they plan to make good start for something that Czechoslovakia didn`t manage to realize. Are they going to connect it with Slovak R6 ? in the future of course

What will be I68 , 1x2 or 2x2 . Slovaks are intensively investing in 2x2 D3 to Svrcinovec
so would be great if it continues to Trinec. For Poland is good as well cause I doubt they will build tunnels around Wegierska Gorka so D3/I68/R48/S1 would be great alternative

Is RSD saying something why they are investing in upgrading 2x2 I48 for R48 as D1 is pararel and maybe D3 around Benesov is more important.................

Last edited by jtybinka; December 28th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
jtybinka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways