daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 11th, 2015, 12:19 PM   #3041
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Visualisation of I/11 Třanovice (I/68) - Nebory - Oldřichovice - Bystřice

SRC_100, Luki_SL, Ices77 liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2015, 08:17 PM   #3042
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

There are 11 bids for constructions of D3 Bošilec - Ševětín (8137m), see press release. According to the project page (December 2014 version), it was planned that construction works should begin in April 2015. Completion date: April 2019.

In addition, I found a news article (25th May 2015) which reports that the entire* D3/R3 to the Austrian border should be completed by 2021/22. If I got it right, the construction of D3 Bošilec - Ševětín should begin in early 2016!? It's also about a second section, R4?

*south of the existing D3 w/o northern D3 sections.

Can anyone confirm?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #3043
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Visualisation of I/11 Třanovice (I/68) - Nebory - Oldřichovice - Bystřice
The new I/68 will be signed as "R68" ?
Old June 12th, 2015, 09:44 PM   #3044
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
I don't think so, as the express-way category should be abolished altogether.
Old June 12th, 2015, 11:14 PM   #3045
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
It will be a motorroad with 110kph. R prefix won't be used anymore.

Luki_SL liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 12:09 AM   #3046
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

So, RSD is going to leave the sign as below, but without R prefix?

mapman:cz liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 12:51 AM   #3047
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
So, RSD is going to leave the sign as below, but without R prefix?

Some Expressway (R) roads will become First Class roads (I) with max 110 km/h and this sign. The same holds for some First Class roads which will get max 110 km/h.

If I understand it right, the whole system will be like this.

Motorways.
First class roads with a sign roads for motor vehicles only.
First class roads, without that sign.

The speed limits for motorways should be 130 km/h (there is still something going on about locally up to 150 km./h)
Some first class motor vehicle only roads could get speed limit of 110 km/h.
Other will keep the standard 90 km/h.

Basically those first class roads with 110 km/h speed limit should be/have:

- 2x2
- level separated crossings
- motor vehicles only

mapman:cz, SRC_100 liked this post
Old June 13th, 2015, 12:56 AM   #3048
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
There are 11 bids for constructions of D3 Bošilec - Ševětín (8137m), see press release. According to the project page (December 2014 version), it was planned that construction works should begin in April 2015. Completion date: April 2019.

In addition, I found a news article (25th May 2015) which reports that the entire* D3/R3 to the Austrian border should be completed by 2021/22. If I got it right, the construction of D3 Bošilec - Ševětín should begin in early 2016!? It's also about a second section, R4?

Can anyone confirm?
As of now I would look only at the dates about everything above České Budějovice.

Those sections under České Budějovice are too much in the pipelines to take the dates serious for anything but a politics talk.
Old June 13th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #3049
MichiH

Quote:
As of now I would look only at the dates about everything above České Budějovice.
Those sections under České Budějovice are too much in the pipelines to take the dates serious for anything but a politics talk.
I know. My question is about D3 Bošilec - Ševětín (construction period early 2016 to April 2016?) and more info (which section etc.) about a 2nd section D3 or R4 which is mentioned in the news article?!?!

Quote:

Can anyone confirm?
Quote:
Po své schůzce to dnes řekli zástupci kraje, Sdružení pro výstavbu D3 a R4, Státního fondu dopravní infrastruktury a Ředitelství silnic a dálnic (ŘSD). „Ohledně úseku Ševětín - Borek chybí ještě vykoupit jeden pozemek,“ uvedl Radek Mátl z generálního ředitelství ŘSD. Domnívá se však, že by tato událost neměla zahájení prací nějak zbrzdit. Podle odhadů by výstavba mezi Ševětínem a Borkem mohla začít v prvních měsících příštího roku. Každý ze dvou plánovaných úseků měří kolem 10 kilometrů.

Google translated:
Each of the two sections of the planned measures around 10 km.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old June 21st, 2015, 06:14 PM   #3050
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17459

The 13km of R52 expressway south of Brno will be renovated. The works will begin in mid-July :
http://www.rsd.cz/doc/Informacni-ser...vu-silnice-r52

SRC_100 liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:11 PM   #3051
Surel

Quote:
I know. My question is about D3 Bošilec - Ševětín (construction period early 2016 to April 2016?) and more info (which section etc.) about a 2nd section D3 or R4 which is mentioned in the news article?!?!
I am not exactly sure what are you asking. Bošilec - Ševětín is being tendered. The tender offers have been made and are being evaluated. I would expect that the winner should be known soon. If no one appeals the construction could begin perhaps already this fall.

The lowest offer was again some 38 % under the estimated price tag.

Ševětín - Borek seems to have same complication. I read something about that one piece of land needs to be acquired still and I read something about buildings permit delays. AFAIK the tender has not yet been opened for bidding.

Last edited by Surel; June 21st, 2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:50 PM   #3052
MichiH

Quote:
If no one appeals the construction could begin perhaps already this fall.
I think it was mentioned in the news article that construction should begin in early 2016. My question is if you can confirm this (translation/interpretation of the news article).

Quote:
Ševětín - Borek seems to have same complication.
I think the news article is about a 2nd section. Could be Ševětín - Borek but the news article also mentions R4...

Old June 21st, 2015, 11:02 PM   #3053
Surel

That's what they say in the article. As I see it could indeed be in 2016 if everything goes well.

There is nothing about R4. R4 is mentioned only because they quote the chairman of the Association for the construction of D3 and R4.

MichiH liked this post
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:02 AM   #3054
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
The 13km of R52 expressway south of Brno will be renovated. The works will begin in mid-July :
Just as thousands of people will use that route to go on holiday. Couldn't they wait until after summer?

Anyway, quick question - I'm so bored of I/44, R35 and R46 when going from the Polish border at Boboszów to Brno. Is the alternative route via Svitavy on the I/43 worth taking? I'm planning to go at night, so I'd rather take something different to avoid falling asleep from boredom.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM   #3055
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

It is good opportunity to take D2, next leave D2 just befor CZ/SK border and go via Breclav
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 01:46 PM   #3056
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Just as thousands of people will use that route to go on holiday. Couldn't they wait until after summer?

Anyway, quick question - I'm so bored of I/44, R35 and R46 when going from the Polish border at Boboszów to Brno. Is the alternative route via Svitavy on the I/43 worth taking? I'm planning to go at night, so I'd rather take something different to avoid falling asleep from boredom.

I/43 is really not worth taking, even at night. Multiple towns and villages that you have to drive through make it very slow and there is nothing interesting to see (maybe city tunnels in Brno if you like tunnels). You'd better stay on dual carriageways
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:18 PM   #3057
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
What about extending the R52 to the AT border?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 10:54 PM   #3058
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
I/43 is really not worth taking, even at night. Multiple towns and villages that you have to drive through make it very slow and there is nothing interesting to see (maybe city tunnels in Brno if you like tunnels). You'd better stay on dual carriageways
I can live with the towns and villages, but is there a significant time difference?

It's really that I'm so bored with the normal route that I'm willing to lose some time in the process. That, and I know that I'll end up wasting half an hour drinking coffee in the OMV station on the R46 (I think...or is it on the D1?) if I go that way anyway.

mcarling - hahaha. I think we all know that the Czechs are incapable of building anything resembling a road to the border anywhere
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:23 AM   #3059
Trupman

Likes (Received): 408

Quote:
I can live with the towns and villages, but is there a significant time difference?
According to route planner it takes 30 minutes longer. You should also know that I/43 between Štíty and Svitavy is in a high risk category according to EuroRAP risk map. I would just stay on R35 and R46 for the sake of my personal safety.

And if you think that I/52 doesn't resemble a road, then you shouldn't probably take the I/43 to Brno at all.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:05 AM   #3060
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:

It's really that I'm so bored with the normal route that I'm willing to lose some time in the process. That, and I know that I'll end up wasting half an hour drinking coffee in the OMV station on the R46 (I think...or is it on the D1?) if I go that way anyway.

mcarling - hahaha. I think we all know that the Czechs are incapable of building anything resembling a road to the border anywhere
Drinking coffee... in Czech? This is a beer country !

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways