daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2016, 05:20 PM   #3521
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

September update from the first class road I/11 Třanovice - Nebory - Oldřichovice - Bystřice construction.
http://www.msksilnice11rsd.cz/index.php/foto

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #3522
Surel

A few Facebook aerial photo's from the D3 motorway construction in South Bohemia.
https://www.facebook.com/Metrostav/photos_stream

gr_kanev, Luki_SL, SRC_100, Ices77, loloo and 4 others liked this post

Last edited by Surel; October 26th, 2016 at 05:58 PM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:32 PM   #3523
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
September update from the first class road I/11 Třanovice - Nebory - Oldřichovice - Bystřice construction.
Some of the contractors under the Mota-Engil Central Europe group have problems and want to step out of the contract, SDS Exmost announced default.

http://ostrava.idnes.cz/obchvat-trin...ava-zpravy_fer
Old October 28th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #3524
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Not only motorways, or motorway-like projects are projected or under construction. 2,6 km bypass of Velemyšleves on the road I/27 between Žatec and Most should be opened next month. Actual leaflet is here.

Video of 0,5 km estacade south of Velemyšleves under construction, published in April:

Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2016, 03:18 AM   #3525
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

Quote:
http://www.msksilnice11rsd.cz/index.php/foto

I guess to assuage complaints of losing view of the countryside, as in PL, they put back the image of cows
Old October 29th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #3526
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I guess to assuage complaints of losing view of the countryside, as in PL, they put back the image of cows
Although it might not look like it, this area belongs to quite densely populated conurbation. It is one of the most densely populated areas in Europe - the Silesion conurbation (Ostrava, Katowice, Krakow).

There are houses all around the highway.
https://mapy.cz/zakladni?x=18.6257022&y=49.6726143&z=13
Old November 6th, 2016, 02:08 AM   #3527
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Again, i do travel to Romania this year, around the first sunday in advent. Last time(s) i was promised, that the renovation programm on D1 would come to a halt in winter. But this year i go 2 weeks earlier. How will it turn out this time?

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #3528
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

2 sections were just completed in the last 2 weeks.

You can view the status on this website: http://www.novad1.cz/

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Ices77, gr_kanev liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #3529
patakcze

Likes (Received): 136

On 27th November there could be one or two sections still under reconstruction. But it shouldn't cause any bigger problems because those sections have lower AADT.

Better news is that this years most cumbersome section (EXIT29 Hvězdonice - EXIT34 Ostředek) is completely finished and fully opened for traffic.

gr_kanev, Ices77 liked this post
patakcze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #3530
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

There is a website, that shows delays / traffic congestions on main routes in Czechia. See https://rodos.vsb.cz/CzechRepublic.aspx and click for instance on the 3 min mark at to top right of the page. The delay in min shows up ...

gr_kanev liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 02:48 AM   #3531
Surel

Quote:
There surfaces some more details about the D8 problem. The information doesn't have to be 100 % correct, but I would say that it is quite right.

That place where the landslide happened is just one of many landslide fields there. The whole side of the hill is full with old landslides and the whole slope all the way to the Labe river is not quite stable. According to some geologists the instability on the place where the D8 runs reaches up to 40 meters depth.

The latest development is that the elevated motorway that follows after the critical place is also standing on such instability and in no way is it anchored 40 meters deep. There's movement monitoring and there have been rumours that there's been movement on the viaduct pillars in order of 1 - 1,5 centimetres, what more, there's been rumours that the pillars are sinking.

Problems at the beginning of the viaduct further on after the landslide, on the same hill slope.

Drilling of the drainage gravel wells.

The latest work is that they are alleviating the pressure on the beginning of the viaduct and are mining away the old soil that should be replaced with lighter material. They are also constructing gravel wells to drain the water from around and under the motorway. There are talks about anchoring, and about injecting concrete. (There's been some anchoring at the place of the landslide, but not further on alongside the motorway).

I am quite curious whether they will be able, and whether they will dare, to open the motorway, even if they would employ constant monitoring and possible early warning systems with traffic lights.

Looking back, a long base tunnel doesn't seem to be such a bad solution after all, although it would also pose some challenges. In any way, this construction was brutally underestimated and it seems it will swallow quite en extra portion of money.
This is how it looks now.

Luki_SL, Ices77, SRC_100 liked this post
Old November 10th, 2016, 01:40 PM   #3532
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Tok keeps promising that it will open in December.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:44 AM   #3533
Ices77

In the next few days two road projects will be opened to traffic:
  • I/26 bypass of Staňkov, leaflet, between Plzeň and Domažlice

• and I/35 Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, widening of I/35 in the town center from 1+1 to 2+2. Here is actual leaflet.

Richard_P, SRC_100, gr_kanev, Luki_SL, MichiH and 1 others liked this post

Last edited by Ices77; November 16th, 2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old November 19th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #3534
Ices77

October flight above D8 Lovosice Řehlovice with 9/2015 comparison in top left corner:

Luki_SL, Surel, Moravian, gr_kanev liked this post
Old November 22nd, 2016, 03:29 PM   #3535
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

A lot has been done, but it does not look liek to be opened tomorrow. The last announcement was December? Phew!

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:57 PM   #3536
Ices77

You can count with timeanddate.com
Old November 24th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #3537
Ices77

On Sunday, November 20, reconstructed and widened I/35 in Rožnov pod Radhoštěm town center has been opened. Total lenght 1,1 km. It should ease the traffic jams in town center on international route E442.

On November 22 bypass of Velemyševes in the leght of 2,6 km at I/27 has been opened to traffic. It will ease the traffic on I/27, especially on its more busy northern part and better connect neighbouring industrial zone.

Then about 100 fast charging electric stations on Czech road network in the next two years. Total number of electric charging stations in Czechia is 248, in some of them however, charging takes even more than hour. New stations will throughly cover the core motorway network D1, D2, D5 and D8.
Stations will be constructed by ČEZ, Pražská energetická and EON. 30 minutes of charging should be sufficient for 300 km drive and should cost around 120 CZK, or 4,5 Euro.

More at: http://www.rozhlas.cz/regina/denik/_zprava/1670877

SRC_100, Surel, Luki_SL, Qwert liked this post
Old November 26th, 2016, 06:10 PM   #3538
Longbottom

Likes (Received): 6

The Prackovice viaduct is supposed to be put to test next week to see if the anchoring worked or not. There will also be a warning system installed in case the construction starts to move again. All according to today's issue of the "Dnes".
Longbottom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 12:40 PM   #3539
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11811

Question: I always thought Prague has no complete motorway ring, but it seems it has:

From east to west:

D10 -> D0-> Sterboholska spojka -> Jizni spojka -> Barrandovksy most -> Dobriská -> Mestsky okruh -> D8 -> D10

Or are there parts still under construction?
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #3540
Trupman

Likes (Received): 408

Technically there are 2 motorway rings planned in Prague. The inner ring (Městský okruh = MO) and outer ring (Pražský okruh = D0, formerly R1). Both are about halfway constructed. Here is slightly outdated map from 2004. The southern part of D0 is already constructed, the same with NW part of MO.

Theoretically, if you want now to go around Prague on roads of motorway standard combining both unfinished ringroads, yes you partly can. But there are still parts that are problematic. V Holešovičkách street and Spořilovská street are both going through residential areas where speed limit is only 50 km/h due to noise pollution. Also Jižní spojka is the busiest road in the whole country so you can expect there long traffic jams anytime.

Unfortunately, there are no parts u/c at the moment. The closest one to start should be D0 in between D1 and I/12 junctions (taking away transit from Jižní spojka and Štěrboholská spojka), but there are several problems with NIMBYs. Also very problematic is NW connection between D8 and D7. You can take the new city tunnel Blanka but then there is no radial connection to outer ring.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways