daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2017, 12:25 PM   #3701
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
When older trucks are written off and newer trucks enter the market, the toll revenue will go down, as more and more trucks are eligible for the lower toll rates. While this may be an environmental success, it also reduces funding for infrastructure, in particular when toll revenue is directly funding it. For example through an infrastructure or road fund.
Of course, but that's intended! The toll must be calculated that the required funding is available with the lowest toll. If it's too low, it must be raised.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #3702
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Brno speed limits map

Especially for those, travelling to the second largest Czech city, this is Brno speed limits map, by mapman.cz:

SRC_100, gr_kanev, Moravian, LegEnd, Adayafter liked this post
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:33 AM   #3703
Ices77

Archeological works began at D1 Říkovice - Přerov:

I/11 Nebory - Oldřichovice - Bystřice May update:

SRC_100, Luki_SL liked this post
Old May 31st, 2017, 12:11 PM   #3704
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18788

A tender was launched for the southernmost section of Polish S3 motorway. It will be a continuation of Czech D11.
This section of S3 should be completed in about 5 years (long time because it is a mountainous terrain with tunnels). What is the possible date for completion of D11?
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:31 PM   #3705
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
A tender was launched for the southernmost section of Polish S3 motorway. It will be a continuation of Czech D11.
This section of S3 should be completed in about 5 years (long time because it is a mountainous terrain with tunnels). What is the possible date for completion of D11?
Up to Jaroměř the sections are construction tendered and under archeological works with planned construction start in autumn. From Jaroměř there are two D11 sections, Jaroměř - Trutnov and Trutnov - border, about the lenght of 20 km each. Section Trutnov - border CZ/PL is more challenging, but it seems the construction start will be much sooner. Planned opening of the section Jaroměř - Trutnov is 2024 with construction start 2022 and construction start for Trutnov - border is 2019, if approvals will proceed smoothly. Regarding D11/S3 connection is Poland ahead with border section possible construction start next year, Czechia could start its border connection in 2019.

geogregor, Luki_SL, Kemo, jwojcie, pmaciej7 liked this post
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #3706
Ices77

I/3 Mirošovice – Benešov now 2+1

On June 2, the construction works were completed at about 12,5 km section of I/3 Mirošovice – Benešov.
The works comprised adaptation of the section to 2+1 undivided lanes, then adaptation of three interchanges, now the whole section interchanges are fully grade separated, then partially widening of road and prolonging of exit and entrance ramps. Construction works lasted about a year.

I/3 is one of the busiest first class roads in Czechia with AADT about 24.500 in the near of Benešov. As next I/3 consctruction section will be Olbramovice bypass, already several months tendered.

SRC_100, Surel, gr_kanev, Luki_SL, bogdymol liked this post
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #3707
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

It's a great upgrade, but I think they should've really gone for a divider as well. But the guess that perhaps there was not enough space, i.e. acquiring that extra meter would complicate the process enormously? Or would it require more than that? I.e. there would be needed wider shoulders as well then?

Ices77 liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #3708
Ices77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

It's a great upgrade, but I think they should've really gone for a divider as well. But the guess that perhaps there was not enough space, i.e. acquiring that extra meter would complicate the process enormously? Or would it require more than that? I.e. there would be needed wider shoulders as well then?
Also I would rather see divided 2+2, or at least 1+2 all the route, the section is also known to be one of the most accidental in entire country. New jersey profile all the route could be the solution, it does not need any special documentation approvals.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #3709
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

But no sign of D3 in this area. The fact that they are upgrading I/3 anyway shows perhaps how much priority D3 has?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

belerophon liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #3710
Surel

Quote:
But no sign of D3 in this area. The fact that they are upgrading I/3 anyway shows perhaps how much priority D3 has?
It's good that they upgrade I/3, it would need to be upgraded also if D3 was already under construction (if only for the safety reasons). But all of these projects are in planning for many years. The discussion about enlarging I/3 went through already in 2004. Right now, they don't think that D3 will be under construction before ~2025.

They are not able to get further than the endless discussions about where en how. Giving priority to anything is just a worthless proclamation that doesn't have any foundation in the reality.

Sometimes I think that this enormous slackness and dullness in the process is simply to someone's benefit.

The infrastructure planning and construction in the Czech Republic is really in miserable state and although that there are some slight improvements, there's zero fresh wind. It's all quite disappointing and depressing. I could understand if all this would be a budget problem, if there would not be money to do all the investments. But that's simply not the problem, there's money enough. It's simple incompetence, that's all.

Trupman liked this post
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #3711
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17478

Na początku miesiąca zakończono rozbudowę 12,5km trasy I/3 Mirošovice – Benešov do przekroju 2+1 (naprzemiennie). Docelowo ten odcinek ma zastąpić autostrada D3, ale nie do końca wiadomo kiedy to będzie.
Zauważcie, że jest tam podwójna ciągła. Czesi niekoniecznie ją stosują

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post

SRC_100 liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #3712
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Luki - I guess you intended to post this into polish section

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

The infrastructure planning and construction in the Czech Republic is really in miserable state and although that there are some slight improvements, there's zero fresh wind. It's all quite disappointing and depressing. I could understand if all this would be a budget problem, if there would not be money to do all the investments. But that's simply not the problem, there's money enough. It's simple incompetence, that's all.
I would not say it's simple incompetence - it's just a combination of several factors contributing to all of this.

First there were governments literally "tunnelling" money from infrastructure project (until 2010) - these folks didn't have to deal with bad legislature (laws etc) because they were not afraid of anything.

Then a period of investigating and denying of all of the progress made by previous governments came into place. Many projects were put on hold or re-projected to find some savings - this lead to many incompetent decisions that made some project senseless.

Last three years are finally promising in restarting the planning and building process. Many progressive legal acts have been approved or are in approval process. On the other track - the investor - Road and Motorway Directorate - set a good pace in the planning and tendering process. The bad thing is that a real outcome (opening of new sections) can be seen at first in a few years period, it's not a matter of days or months.

Regarding the D3 motorway - EIA has been completed and zoning permit is to be issued now for the Prague - Tábor section. Taking the current legislature and experience into account, we can expect the real ground works around 2024...

Surel, Ices77 liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #3713
Ices77

Well, guys, I would assume, that until 2020 is modernisation of D1 a priority number one, with by far the biggest number of projects and resources, during 2020 - 2024 it will be D35 and a time for central Bohemian D3 comes in 2024 approximately. Other motorway sections are important as well, but these seem to be top priorities.

D35 as a second motorway connection between Bohemia and Moravia seems to have really higher priority, than central Bohemian D3, about six sections are planned to start in 2020 and they are approximately in the same stage of approvals and will run through difficult terrain. Similar seems to happen with northern D3, about five sections with about the same of approval and through different terrain as well. And until the D3 completition, which seems to be between 2028 and 2030, upgraded I/3, eventually D4 will take the traffic flow south from Prague.
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #3714
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Is it true that last section of D11 to the border is planned to be built sooner than few one before?

IMO all D35 should be built before D1 reconstruction. Why? Because it would take traffic from Moravia, middle and east part of Poland, Slovakia towards Praha or/end western Czechia.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #3715
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

Is it true that last section of D11 to the border is planned to be built sooner than few one before?

IMO all D35 should be built before D1 reconstruction. Why? Because it would take traffic from Moravia, middle and east part of Poland, Slovakia towards Praha or/end western Czechia.
Yep, the last section bypassing Trutnov and a narrow curvy section to the border shall be opened sooner than the last missing stretch between Jaroměř and Trutnov. There are some issues with neighbouring villages and ground waters. Personally I think that the I/37 road in this section is capable of withstanding the 3 years of heavy traffic despite its profile.

SRC_100 liked this post
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #3716
Surel

Yes I agree with what you wrote (@Mapman), there are some positive signs, but it takes so enormously long before anything changes. And I do not mean that I would need to see the actual construction right away, but I would say that 4 years is a long enough time to adjust, speed up and tune out the system so that it can work fast and efficiently and produce 100 km of tendered construction permits a year.

If there should be given a priority to anything, it should be just this. That the system works. There doesn't need to be some hard choosing between this project or that project. There's money enough to churn out 100 km of motorways every year. What is missing is the expertise and conditions for the planning, evaluations, zoning permits, buying the land etc. This should be the priority, not which section will be built first. If the system works, the whole network could be finished in 10 years time.

The country is losing an enormous amount of economic growth because of the missing infrastructure, and the politicians, as well as the state bureaucracy, are simply ignoring it instead of making it a political priority number one.

SRC_100, mapman:cz, geogregor, Ices77 liked this post
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #3717
Ices77

I/44 Cervenohorske mountain pass

Last Friday about 7,9 km section of completely modernised I/44 Červenohorské sedlo (Červenohorské mountain pass) south between Šumperk and Jeseník has been opened. Road I/44 is in this section with elevation of 1013 meters the highest elevated first class road in Czechia. It is a continuation of Červenohorské sedlo north, which had been modernised in 2008. Photos are from Metrostav facebook page.
The works encompassed new road layer, widening in bendings, construction of sections in which overtaking is possible, bridges reconstruction and steel barriers.

More pictures are here.

Luki_SL, SRC_100, Surel, Adayafter, gr_kanev and 1 others liked this post
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #3718
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
(...)
I would not say it's simple incompetence - it's just a combination of several factors contributing to all of this.

First there were governments literally "tunnelling" money from infrastructure project (until 2010) - these folks didn't have to deal with bad legislature (laws etc) because they were not afraid of anything.

Then a period of investigating and denying of all of the progress made by previous governments came into place. Many projects were put on hold or re-projected to find some savings - this lead to many incompetent decisions that made some project senseless.

Last three years are finally promising in restarting the planning and building process. Many progressive legal acts have been approved or are in approval process. On the other track - the investor - Road and Motorway Directorate - set a good pace in the planning and tendering process. The bad thing is that a real outcome (opening of new sections) can be seen at first in a few years period, it's not a matter of days or months. (...)
The whole process of motorways construction in the Czech Republic needed (needs) overhaul. What is the most striking is more than 10 years of dispute re: pre-2004' EIA on some sections and very ridiculous case of 10 (?) years of expropriation of land for D11 construction in area of Hradec Kralove. And this happens when the Czech Republic has a significant budget surplus which can easily be diverted in road construction.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #3719
and802

Likes (Received): 55

roadworks map

good day colleagues

do you have or can you paste a link to the current motorway roadworks map in Czechia ? just I would like to understand what I am going to face on my trip from Austria to Poland
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #3720
Jaromir

Likes (Received): 22

Traffic on the roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
good day colleagues

do you have or can you paste a link to the current motorway roadworks map in Czechia ? just I would like to understand what I am going to face on my trip from Austria to Poland
Try this http://www.dopravniinfo.cz/Default.aspx?lang=en and select the layer "Closings" - the map will be more clear.

and802, gr_kanev liked this post
Jaromir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways