daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #561
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Motorway.cz website

Ceskedalnice.cz released today (as a Xmas gift?!) a new version of its English and German website about Czech motorway network. We've made a bit redesign and updates, but works are still ongoing. If you'll find something wrong about it or you miss there some info, feel free to post your comments (the best way is to send me a private message or e-mail us). Your help would be very appreciated because this website is there for you as visitors. So the links now!

motorway.cz

autobahn.cz

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #562
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19167

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Ceskedalnice.cz released today (as a Xmas gift?!) a new version of its English and German website about Czech motorway network. We've made a bit redesign and updates, but works are still ongoing. If you'll find something wrong about it or you miss there some info, feel free to post your comments (the best way is to send me a private message or e-mail us). Your help would be very appreciated because this website is there for you as visitors. So the links now!

motorway.cz

autobahn.cz
It would be nice if you ad more pictures and updates of currently ongoing projects. Like for example close to my heart, Bohumin - polish border, stretch of D47. There is a lot of pictures from constructions which took place few years ago but I would prefer more new pictures.
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #563
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
It would be nice if you ad more pictures and updates of currently ongoing projects. Like for example close to my heart, Bohumin - polish border, stretch of D47. There is a lot of pictures from constructions which took place few years ago but I would prefer more new pictures.
I agree, that would be nice, but it is hard to find someone to take those pics. Our team is situated mostly in Praha and Brno so Ostrava is a bit off-way. If you can help somehow or know somebody who is able take those photos, it is not a problem to upload them to our gallery Probably X236K comes from this location? If he'd be interested...

However, in 2009 we are making a trip to whole D47 project to see how it looks, operates and to make photos, we plan to visit this stretch as well...
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #564
XRayNights

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Though, the I/13 - E442 Usti - Karlovy Vary will be 4laned almost all the way, but not as an expressway, but I hope some day we'll change that
Thanks for that hint. I live in Germany at the czech border near Chomutov. Do you have some more details on the 4way plans between Usti and Karlovy Vary. Particularly the section between Klasterec nad ohri and Damice along the Ohre river would be very hard to do.

The only existing construction site on the I/13 I know of is between Most and Komorany. There they build for over 2years now along the Vrbensky lake a second lane to complete the road between Chomutov and Most as 4laned road. But there is still no end in sight. They must have some problems with the water from the lake.

By the way: The new 4lane I/7 Krimov - Chomutov with these 2 large bridges is very impressive. The Construction Workers did a great job. I hope they will continue fast with the rest of the R7 between Chomutov and Slany.
XRayNights no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #565
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

This web site looks so nice and professional I visit it regurally since 2005 and I'm really impressed
Mateusz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #566
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Ceskedalnice.cz released ...
this will be quite a huge arch bridge...

do you know the dimensions?
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #567
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz View Post
This web site looks so nice and professional I visit it regurally since 2005 and I'm really impressed
Thank you! Nice to read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
this will be quite a huge arch bridge...

do you know the dimensions?
Yeah, it is not for sure, because the project is only at the beginning, but some sources say it should be a span around 250 m, 100 m above the river Sázava and whole length of the bridge more than 1000 m.
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #568
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRayNights View Post
Thanks for that hint. I live in Germany at the czech border near Chomutov. Do you have some more details on the 4way plans between Usti and Karlovy Vary. Particularly the section between Klasterec nad ohri and Damice along the Ohre river would be very hard to do.

The only existing construction site on the I/13 I know of is between Most and Komorany. There they build for over 2years now along the Vrbensky lake a second lane to complete the road between Chomutov and Most as 4laned road. But there is still no end in sight. They must have some problems with the water from the lake.
This section is the only one under constrution recently. After this being completed there is only one short stretch left to complete the whole 4lane profile between Chomutov and Most. The completion is expected in 2013 as far as I remember.

Bílina bypass is also expected to be built in the next decade, but the decision about the route was not made yet.

There is another stretch planned, its a short connection between R63 (to D8) and I/13 south of Teplice, it will help a lot as well. Construction should start 2010 or 2011.

The part between Klasterec and Ostrov is a big environmental issue but still there are plans to upgrade this road to 2+1 resp. 1+2 on its whole length near Ohre river.

Quote:
By the way: The new 4lane I/7 Krimov - Chomutov with these 2 large bridges is very impressive. The Construction Workers did a great job. I hope they will continue fast with the rest of the R7 between Chomutov and Slany.
I agree, the Krimov Chomutov stretch looks really amazing! Hopefully, the whole R7 should be completed until 2011/12 (in Ustecky Region - the rest second profile near Slany a few years later).
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #569
X236K

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Probably X236K comes from this location? If he'd be interested...
I'll try! Unfortunately, winter is not a good time for me... my job doesn't allow me to go out during the daytime
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:00 PM   #570
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by X236K View Post
I'll try! Unfortunately, winter is not a good time for me... my job doesn't allow me to go out during the daytime
Cool answer, I take you at word, looking forward to some further cooperation. Winter isn't suitable enough for taking photos, I agree I don't like it either But if you manage to do some interesting photos of any operational or constructed motorway or any highway in spring or later, we'd be interested in putting it to our gallery

And of course, happy new year 2009!
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:57 PM   #571
X236K

Quote:
Cool answer, I take you at word, looking forward to some further cooperation. Winter isn't suitable enough for taking photos, I agree I don't like it either But if you manage to do some interesting photos of any operational or constructed motorway or any highway in spring or later, we'd be interested in putting it to our gallery

And of course, happy new year 2009!
There are several interesting places to see here in Ostrava... D1 to Poland, 4705, 4706, R56 extension... and others are coming (I/11, I/58, R48)... but... winter sucks... when I have time and I'm not exhausted, then it's usually terrible weather outside. Anyway, this is a promise

Happy New Year!
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #572
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Anyway, this is a promise
Okay, thanks a lot. I think you know, how to contact us in this case

Snowy winter has come to Czech lands so let me post some pictures, taken this weekend by various authors:

D8 near German border:

R1 (Prague Outer Ring) construction site:

more ...

MO (Prague City Ring) construction site (Blanka tunnels):

more ...
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #573
X236K

Outer ring advancing fast! To be opened 10/2010...?
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #574
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Outer ring advancing fast! To be opened 10/2010...?
Officially in May, but yeah, more likely at the end of the year.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #575
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

Fine looking bridges-- trim box girders and impressively detailed piers. California at its best has nothing on the Czechs!
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #576
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

R1 will have really impressive look
Mateusz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #577
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Is R 46 Frydek Mistek - Cesky Tesin already tolled? I heard it still has bez poplatku signs?
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #578
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Is R 46 Frydek Mistek - Cesky Tesin already tolled? I heard it still has bez poplatku signs?
Hm, there was problem with a ministry regulation, but it is released now and will be valid on 13.1., that means from tommorow on the road will be tolled and sticker needed. This map will also then be correct:
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #579
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

What's the use of letting this small section of the R10 free of charge? Is that just because it's near Mlada Boleslav or sth? Why is this a R-road, by the way? Google Maps shows it as a Dálnice.
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #580
enschede-er
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Google maps shows Motorways and Expressways the same colour , i think.
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways