daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #921
jan ryba

Likes (Received): 0

Czechs delay till 2012 opening of D1 route Bohumin - CS-PL borderf on A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobek_Azbest View Post
D1 opens today, at 14:00 towards Brno and at 20:00 towards Ostrava.

BTW: tonight, a car with a Pole and two Indians (the Asian ones, not native Americans) have driven through the 50m long tent prepared for the opening ceremony.
I was quite suprised to learn that this month the Czechs decided to delay till 2012 the construction of their 6,3 km D1 section from Bohumin towards the Polish border at Gorzyczki where the Poles will finish their respective section of A1 motorway on time, as planned in 2010. It will cause for two years a lot of problems.

Who is standing behind this unexpected and unilateral decision on the Czech side?
jan ryba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #922
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Border section will be opened in 2011, Transport Ministry stated it today, during the opening ceremony of another new section of D1.

Photogallery here: http://foto.ceskedalnice.cz/nase-fot...6-zprovozneni/

Map: T1 and T2 section have been opened today, T6 in 2011:
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #923
jan ryba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Border section will be opened in 2011, Transport Ministry stated it today, during the opening ceremony of another new section of D1.

Photogallery here: http://foto.ceskedalnice.cz/nase-fot...6-zprovozneni/

Map: T1 and T2 section have been opened today, T6 in 2011:
Thanks for your quick reaction and enclosed drawings. Unfortunetately I was quite suprised to find some mistakes in your enclosed data i.e. item stavby (what probably means construction works - sorry for my bad Czech) states 2008-2010 whereas the below green lines state for the same section 2011.

See http://www.radio90.pl/autostrada-a1-...o-granicy.html

Last edited by jan ryba; November 27th, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #924
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

The leaflet is from February 2009, hence the old date. Green line means "to be put into service in 2009-2011", so the colour is correct either way.
D1 in Moravian-Silesian region is not financed by EU.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #925
Ministerský rada

He said it today very clear, because journalists asked him this question:

"We are not obliged to pay any fee or sanctions, if we are late with the construction, neither are the Poles."

Both border projects are prepared to be ended before the border.

Regarding the map, it was made in February 2009, those dates are outdated. When the crisis hit this resort in full strength, this border stretch was postponed to 2012. But the construction company made some pressure, and honestly, construction of this section i pretty much advanced (I'll post photos today), so the only problem there is money. It its still possible to finish this stretch at the end of next year, but not likely.

Last edited by mapman:cz; November 26th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #926
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 307

Btw since when do Poles plan to open their border stretch in 2010? I was under impression it's scheduled opening was in 2011 if not 2012 and this was one source of the relaxed attitude of Czech transportation ministry regarding this stretch. Anyway as mapman says the works there are pretty advanced and there's quite a good chance the stretch can be opened in 2010 be that a necessity.

Btw Mr. Ryba I'm genuinly surprized by your outrage.

Were you equally upset about Poland being for so long in delay at Swiecko, Olszyna, Jedrzychowice, Terespol etc?
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #927
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan ryba View Post
Is this section being built with the financial assistance of EU funds ?
No, unfortunately not (Czech republic is not poor enough to have everything paid by the EU). And this is part of the funding problem. Now with the reduced tax revenues as the consequence of the crisis, most of the buget is spent on projects co-funded by the EU while the non EU co-funded projects play the second fiddle, as the money is scarce.

If there's mess somewhere, it's within the EU itself which thinks the polish section is worth EU money while the czech one not.
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #928
michael_siberia
Trzecie pokolenie akowców

Likes (Received): 25723

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRazor View Post
Were you equally upset about Poland being for so long in delay at Swiecko, Olszyna, Jedrzychowice, Terespol etc?
1. (Swiecko) This road was opened in 1997. Dual carriageway one is 7,5 km long and next 16 km is single carriageway.
2. (Olszyna) This is dual carriageway road. Northern roadway was built in 1993 (and renovated in 2005). Southern roadway is... still existing (it's ruined - from late 30's without any renovation)
3. (Jedrzychowice) Motorway to Germany was opened in 1994.
4. (Terespol) This is single carriageway road built in 19th century (aka Briest Road) and renovated many times.

Last edited by michael_siberia; November 26th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
michael_siberia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #929
Ministerský rada

Guys, there is really no need to compete in these topics...

If you want to compare something, then take into account, that the border sections are usually the ones with the smallest AADT. On the CZ side now we have from Bohumin on a complete motorway/expressway all the way to Prague. From 2010 you will be able to cross Czechia from Bohumin to SK (Bratislava) or D (Nürnberg) without leaving a motorway/expressway net, that's much more important, Bohumin-border section won't be much late, if not end of 2010, then you'll use it in summer 2011.
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #930
jan ryba

Quote:
Guys, there is really no need to compete in these topics...

If you want to compare something, then take into account, that the border sections are usually the ones with the smallest AADT. On the CZ side now we have from Bohumin on a complete motorway/expressway all the way to Prague. From 2010 you will be able to cross Czechia from Bohumin to SK (Bratislava) or D (Nürnberg) without leaving a motorway/expressway net, that's much more important, Bohumin-border section won't be much late, if not end of 2010, then you'll use it in summer 2011.
I am afraid that you are missing the point. Czechia is obliged to construct this section in 2010 in accordance with the respective CS PL ministerial agreement. According to our media sources your government is trying now to obtain some assistance from our side in Brussels to solve this financial problem. And finally look at the map of this route i.e. D1 Bohumin - A1 Gorzyczki - A4 Gliwice - Wroclaw - Berlin is the nearest connection from Moravia via Silesia to Germany not speaking about Poland and Baltic states.

Last edited by jan ryba; November 27th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #931
Ministerský rada

Because it's not about bureaucracy, it's about the fact that EU rejected to fund D47 project from EU funds, not because we have bad administration, but because EU decided that R48 to Cieszyn, that is co-financed, is enough and therefore D47 is not worth EU money.

Now we desperately need to finance Prague Ring Road and D8 to Dresden, which are the biggest problematic spots on our network nowadays, not Bohumin-border section with AADTs around 10000 (incl. both direction) in 2010.

And again, there is agreement, your part is not completed yet...

About polish help, I have not heard anything about it, construtor is just trying to borrow the money from banks and make some agreement on that with state authorities, because state budget doesn't have the money and state owes pretty much money to constructiors for their invoices now.

A4 is pretty good connection, I was there, but my point was somewhere else so you don't get me either...
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #932
Ministerský rada

Updated maps of motorway network

Map of czech motrway network (1.12.2009):

Map of section where sticker is needed, year 2010:
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #933
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I thought R1 would be exempt from the vignette.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #934
jan ryba

Quote:
Because it's not about bureaucracy, it's about the fact that EU rejected to fund D47 project from EU funds, not because we have bad administration, but because EU decided that R48 to Cieszyn, that is co-financed, is enough and therefore D47 is not worth EU money.

Now we desperately need to finance Prague Ring Road and D8 to Dresden, which are the biggest problematic spots on our network nowadays, not Bohumin-border section with AADTs around 10000 (incl. both direction) in 2010.

And again, there is agreement, your part is not completed yet...

About polish help, I have not heard anything about it, construtor is just trying to borrow the money from banks and make some agreement on that with state authorities, because state budget doesn't have the money and state owes pretty much money to constructiors for their invoices now.

A4 is pretty good connection, I was there, but my point was somewhere else so you don't get me either...
It is very nice to have your response so quickly. I must admit that I like the Czechs very much for their sense of humor and predictability. But it is for the first time I see that the Czechs are in for big, economic problems and therefore lagging behind. You must fulfill your obligations otherwise nobody will treat you seriously. And road construction is just another business like many other businesses. I hope that you will successfully overcome your financial bottlenecks and this crossing will be opened simultaneously on both sides. Waiting idle for two years would be a big scandal and enormous loss of money. Do you know that the Russians failed two years ago in the same way i.e. our S22 section Elblag - Grzechotki en route to Kaliningrad former Koenigsberg was completed and commissioned on our side in early 2008 and is unused because they are delaying their construction. And their arguments are exactly like yours. Sorry for these comments.
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #935
Ministerský rada

As said previously, neither our nor polish part is finished, we'll see. I know the Grzechotki problem... The A1/D1 connection is being discussed bilateral also these days, so some solution will be found. Again, 2012 is hopefully not the year of opening, likely it will be 2011, that not even a year after all section from Sosnica interchange are completed.
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #936
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I thought R1 would be exempt from the vignette.
It was but won't be, Ministry of Transport issued an explanation of this step, read czech here or excerpt in english with google translate:

Quote:
Opinion of the Ministry of Transport's intention to charge the ring road around Prague

Ministry of Transport responses to the Capital City of Prague reaction to the intention to charge Prague Ring Road (SOKP) with stickers (motorway coupons) and called the Prague magistrate for further negotiations.

The basic point of the ministry is that the Prague Ring Road (SOKP) is primary part of the motorway network with the role of transit connection and secondary will be used for inner-city transport. Given that next year will open a significant section of SOKP between highways D1 and D5, which significantly facilitates transit and will have a positive impact on the traffic situation, there is no reason to delay enforcment of stickers on SOKP, and even more so that all operated SOKP sections are charged from the beginning with the electronic toll for trucks and so there has been obvious inequality in both charging systems.

Similarly, the long-term intention is to charge whole motorway network and degrade any unjustified exemptions. Because of that the Ostrava section is being charged now and the Ministry will continue in this trend.

Old November 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #937
jan ryba

[QUOTE=mapman:cz;46833413]As said previously, neither our nor polish part is finished, we'll see. I know the Grzechotki problem... The A1/D1 connection is being discussed bilateral also these days, so some solution will be found. Again, 2012 is hopefully not the year of opening, likely it will be 2011, that not even a year after all section from Sosnica interchange are completed.[/QUOTE

Please read this in English :http://www.a1.swierklany-gorzyczki.pl/
This is self explanatory

Last edited by jan ryba; November 27th, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #938
Ministerský rada

Look, we had such materials and informations on our stretch in spring, this year, everything seemed fine, the delay and problems occured during summer, no one can say for sure that something will be opened on time, I see it on many many construction sites here every year, and not only in Czechia, in other surrounding countries as well.

But, if you're so curious, there are yesterday's pictures of Bohumín-border stretch, take a look:
http://foto.ceskedalnice.cz/nase-fot...n-polsko/0911/

This one shows the last kilometeres before border (dark forest in background is on polish side)
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #939
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Quote:
It was but won't be, Ministry of Transport issued an explanation of this step, read czech here or excerpt in english with google translate:
Why will Brno bypass be still exempt then?
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #940
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRazor View Post
Why will Brno bypass be still exempt then?
From what I've heard it won't be for a long time. Now it serves for roads 23 and 50 as well, similar case as near Mlada Boleslav with roads 16 and 38.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways