daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #1161
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #1162
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post

Hmm "Łączyć się" in Polish looks weird. Better version is "Dzwoń"(call) lub Dzwonić(Call/Ring).
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #1163
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Hmm "Łączyć się" in Polish looks weird. Better version is "Dzwoń"(call) lub Dzwonić(Call/Ring).
What does it mean precisely? "Connect (with)"? Then maybe not perfect, but sufficient... At first I was really surprised to see 7 languages, really rare in CZ..
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #1164
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 767

Also "gridare" in Italian isn't correct. It means "to cry" or "to scream".

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #1165
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
Also "gridare" in Italian isn't correct. It means "to cry" or "to scream".
OK, thanks, it seems someone used google translate.... GRRRRRRRRR

What!s correct? I'll write a mail to someone to correct it...
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:26 AM   #1166
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Italian text is horrible. Gridare means to yell, so Italians has to yell to get help
They could ask someone who knows good italian. Better wording should be Chiamare 112 or Chiamate 112
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1167
Tramfreak
ΔE = hv

It's a mess. French should be "appelez 112" or "appelez le 112" in my opinion.
Because as it is there, it's inconsistent. Volejte, Call, and Rufen Sie, are imperative nouns, but appeler is an infinitive. It should be like in this campaign promoting 112 emergency calls.

Because it's seemingly a temporary display, the translations are not important and foreigners will understand it anyway. But it shows some serious amateurism. We should care more about details.
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #1168
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

what connections are the most needed ones.

I thought about what good connections are still missing in the czech network. It is more about bottlenecks than anything else in fact I mean sections that should not be very long or significant, but their effect would be significant. I came up with these.

1) The last part of D8, its opening seems to be throught the history of the motorway in the same 2 years from now.

2) With opening of the southern ring motorway around Prague, it is the northen connection. Here I see the problem with North-South connection, and North - West,Eeast connections.

This should very well change with introduction of Blanka tunnel in (2012), securing North-South grade separeted connection. Together with "Břevnovská radiála" on the east (constructed ???) the North - West (ring) connection would be established. When "Vysočanská radiála" (this year) is build, the Norht - East (ring) connection is also established.c

Sections in discussion are depicted in yellow in the following picture:

please feel free to suggest others such problematic spots.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #1169
Tramfreak
ΔE = hv

I think that Libeňská spojka, connecting the City Ring and R8, and therefore bypassing V Holešovičkách street should receive more attention. However, it seems a very complicated project and maybe its importance could decrease after the opening of tunel Blanka. An alternative would be building a tunnel for the R8 under V Holešovičkách street, but I don't think that's very realistic.
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #1170
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

wrong Russian translation
not кричать 112 (scream 112 ), but звонить / набрать 112
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #1171
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisMD View Post
wrong Russian translation
not кричать 112 (scream 112 ), but звонить / набрать 112
I cracked at this one.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #1172
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramfreak View Post
I think that Libeňská spojka, connecting the City Ring and R8, and therefore bypassing V Holešovičkách street should receive more attention. However, it seems a very complicated project and maybe its importance could decrease after the opening of tunel Blanka. An alternative would be building a tunnel for the R8 under V Holešovičkách street, but I don't think that's very realistic.
Libenska Spojka is a project for distant future, because the eastern section of City Ring probably will be constructed in at least 7-8 years; wha`s more there is a comfortable connection of D8 with Outern Ring and Vysocanska Radiala by Prumyslova street, which is marked as a normal street on that map, but in fact it`s a 2x2 without standard junctions

the case of R8 (V Holesovickach street) is a bit complicated, as the future traffic will be even bigger than current and local citizens support the idea of tunnel, but IMO it`s not very real in few years,

it`s sure that projects such as Outern Ring section between D11 and D1 (crucial for Prague) or between R7 (airport) and D8 are going to be constructed earlier, and I think that`s a good choice,

I don`t know the situation as well as Prague citizens, but I think that City Ring is constructed by the city, which also pays the construction of new section of undergound, while Outern Ring is sponsored by RSD/Government, and will be done earlier (except NE section)

I wonder what sb from Prague thinks of that
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #1173
Surel

Electronics Vignettes in CZ

According to current legislation should be electronic vignettes introduced on the czech tolled roads with the coming of next year also for the small cars instead of current stickers.

The only hope is that the bill introducing EVs would be wiped from the law before the contract is signed.The newly formed coalition for government turned its stance and the parties that once passed the bill before the elections now seems to oppose it.However the ministry of transport is already preparing the tender. The obvious winner would be of course austrian Kapsch.

The joke behind this, illustrating btw the way czech public finances are governed, is that new system would only make the government lose 12 BLN CZK (500 MIL EUR) in period till 2017.

It is also interesting to compare the costs and benefits of already implemented electronic toll for cars over 3.5 tonns. Kapsch should receive around 24 BLN CZK (1 BLN EURO) in years 2007 till 2017. When we assume average income from the toll around 5 - 6 BLN CZK per year we get 50 - 60 BLN CZK (2 - 2.5 BLN EUR) per 2007 - 2017.

We can see that Kapsch receives around 50 % of all the incomes of the system. To ilustrate, figure from las years.

I wouldnt wonder if the current law provision indeed stayed intact and we would see little boxes in all cars on czech motorways next year. It doesnt matter that we have crises and we are told that it is necessary to cut pensions, introduce tution fees, etc etc... Obviously we are not going to save on private enterprises = leaches, as they represent fast money for our representatives.

This is the masterpiece in privatisation of the public property. Once publicly financed, it can be privately sucked.

Last edited by Surel; June 16th, 2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: some grammer
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #1174
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

is the toll planned for all sort of vehicles?
and how is it going to be paid by cars under 3.5t? the system like Slovak truck toll (with boxes), Croatian or French?
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #1175
Aan
Beijing, China

Likes (Received): 197

it's mandatory by rules of EU to use toll for all cars, there was date 2012 in media but I think it was postponed and there will be some exceptions for some countries 1st years
Aan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #1176
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

No, the 2012 date was for trucks.

There is no way you can introduce an electronic toll (GPS) for cars in such short notice.

Besides that, there are many legal problems to be solved with GPS toll, such as the lifting of other, existing taxes, privacy issues, regional price variation, time-pricing and the fact any government cannot use it in order to reduce the deficit.

(GPS toll is a VERY easy way to generate some extra revenue, just set the price 1 - 2 cents higher, almost nobody would notice it, while it has the potential to generate billions in extra revenue, something the motorist will never see back).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1177
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No, the 2012 date was for trucks.

There is no way you can introduce an electronic toll (GPS) for cars in such short notice.
The first paradox is that it should not be GPS based, just microwave based electronic vignettes. I.e. the currrent stickers for cars under 3.5 tonnes would be replaced by electronic boxes. No kms charges whatsover. The second paradox is that in this way the system would not increase the revenue but only decrease it, as there are costs of implementation and manufacture of the boxes, and there is drop in revenue due to the fact that multiple car would use one electronic unit in e.g. household, firm etc.

Quote:
Besides that, there are many legal problems to be solved with GPS toll, such as the lifting of other, existing taxes, privacy issues, regional price variation, time-pricing and the fact any government cannot use it in order to reduce the deficit.
The only legal problem in this case is that the law that forces the use of electronic vignettes passed through parlament somewhere in the year 2009. Few months later the same parliament tried to erase this from the already workin law. It did not suceed. Then came the election and now is there new parliament, that can erase this from the law again. Unless it happens the law has to be forced by 1.1.2011. The Kapsch claims it is able to supply the system and units (practicaly the proposed system is stiched for this company and no one else has a chance).

Quote:
(GPS toll is a VERY easy way to generate some extra revenue, just set the price 1 - 2 cents higher, almost nobody would notice it, while it has the potential to generate billions in extra revenue, something the motorist will never see back).
As I said, it is not GPS, km based toll. The politicians also say there is not a plan to introduce km based tolls for cars under 3.5 tonnes. And the system doesnt work with this variant (also therefore it represents no additional income, just additional costs of 500 MIL euro till 2017). However I am sure, this is just a clever trick. Once everyone has box inside, it will be much easier transition towards km based toll. Sure, any transition will be again well paid to Kapsch, as it would represent "rebuilding" of system, etc...

And that is the main reason for this whole hassle - to keep the flows going in the right way, from the drivers towards the Kapsch. Dont try to find in it any common sence.
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1178
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post

I'll write a mail to someone to correct it...
Motorway Directorate today confirmed that until the opening date (20/9 probably) all SOS boxes will have correct translations in its SW. Thanks to all for noticing, it landed well on the right places

To prevent further questions, the screen of this SOS box is in offline mode, i. e. it occurs in case that SOS box is not connected to the dispatching centre. In online mode you just press a button to connect to dispatching centre and screen serves as a communication instrument, it has two buttons for YES/NO and it has a multilanguage SW.

Those SOS boxes on Prague Ring represent a new generation of SOS communication on CZ motorways and expressways (main routes for transit traffic, therefore 7 languages of communication).

Last edited by mapman:cz; June 16th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #1179
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
is the toll planned for all sort of vehicles?
and how is it going to be paid by cars under 3.5t? the system like Slovak truck toll (with boxes), Croatian or French?
The truck vehicles are already tolled in CZ based on microwave km toll charge. The supplier of technology is austrian Kapsch (it is rummored that some lobbyst have even stock in this company, and it is fact that some politicians had connections to the Prague based suppliers of Kapsch (e.g. Eltodo). Back to the topic. The toll for trucks (I guess over 12t) is in use since the january 2007, the system differentiates according to axles and weight and exhausts. Since the start of 2010 it includes also cars over 3.5 and implements time of the day based price differential.

The cars under 12t were tolled using sticker, sticker gave you right to use tolled roads for certain period of time, ten days, month, year ... etc. As the cars over 3.5 tonnes are now in the km based toll system, only the cars under 3.5t use the sticker system now.

What I was talking about: according to current law, the sticker system should be abolished and since 2011 on even the cars under 3.5t should use electronic based toll boxes. The only difference is that these boxes should be period based (days, months, year etc, dont know exactly the intervals) not km based.
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1180
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

So does that mean that non-czech car users will be forced to buy a piece of electronics even when they are just travelling across the Czech Republic?
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways