daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1221
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramfreak View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
good day collegues,

could you please clarify one thing for me:

do I need a czech vignette on route Cesky Tesin - Mosty u Jablunkova ? road 11/E75 ? if so could you please recommend any alternative route ?

No you don't. It is not a motorway or expressway, so cars don't have to have a vignette there. I think that you can even use the bypass of Český Těšín (R48) and exit on the I/11 at exit Žukov, so that you don't have to drive through Český Těšín. That bypass is also toll-free

I am a little bit confused now, 'cause some of my friends tell me the vignette is obligatory on this short route of 11/48 road. it is something like 5 km long and it is a dual carriageway.

to make it clear I mean the route which starts at Polish/Czech border (continuation of Polish S1) and finishes where R11 & R48 split (towards Slovakan Cadca).
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #1222
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
I am a little bit confused now, 'cause some of my friends tell me the vignette is obligatory on this short route of 11/48 road. it is something like 5 km long and it is a dual carriageway.

to make it clear I mean the route which starts at Polish/Czech border (continuation of Polish S1) and finishes where R11 & R48 split (towards Slovakan Cadca).
I guess you should not need it.

And list of all sections with vignettes.
http://www.dalnice.com/doprava/popla...znam_useku.htm
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1223
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Děkuji
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #1224
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Only 10 days left for the R1 Pražský okruh completion.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1225
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

It's rather 10 years to complete it I assume, but the southern part will help a lot for now anyway.
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1226
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=3 View Post
It's rather 10 years to complete it I assume, but the southern part will help a lot for now anyway.
...just like M0 in Hungary
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #1227
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Good evening.
I would be very grateful if someone could answer a few questions below:
On October 1st (Friday) I'm going to travel from Zagreb to Prague, and on October 4th (Monday) from Prague to Nuremberg. Which type of vignette do I have to stick on front glass of my car, how much will it cost me, and where can it be bought before entering D-2 from road 425 near Breclav? (I'm going to bypass Vienna through A23 and S2 and afterwards on A5 to Schrick, and then on Austrian road 7 and 47 to Breclav. I think this route is shorter and faster than from Vienna to Bratislava and than to Brno. I posess Austrian Jahresvignette.)
Thank you very much for your answers.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #1228
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Good evening.
I would be very grateful if someone could answer a few questions below:
On October 1st (Friday) I'm going to travel from Zagreb to Prague, and on October 4th (Monday) from Prague to Nuremberg. Which type of vignette do I have to stick on front glass of my car, how much will it cost me, and where can it be bought before entering D-2 from road 425 near Breclav? (I'm going to bypass Vienna through A23 and S2 and afterwards on A5 to Schrick, and then on Austrian road 7 and 47 to Breclav. I think this route is shorter and faster than from Vienna to Bratislava and than to Brno. I posess Austrian Jahresvignette.)
Thank you very much for your answers.
You should be fine with 10 days sticker. If your car is over 3,5 tonn you cannot apply for a sticker but must use a electronic toll. The sticker should be generally available on the gas stations. I guess you should be able to buy it already in Austria at some gas station. The 10 days coupon is 250 CZK, so that makes around 10 Euro.

Taking E461 through Mikulov might be a bit shorter and perhaps same 15 minutes of saved time, but I am not sure. It is perhaps easier ride to stay all the time on D2 - D1.

Some english info thanks to www.ceskedalnice.cz

It is a shame I could not find this page in English for you, but old google does some good too. For more info go to:

google translate of State Fund of Transport Infrastracture page, go to 2010 Higway coupons

Last edited by Surel; September 11th, 2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #1229
Surel

To make this toll section complete I thank www.ceskedalnice.cz for their nice maps and bring you yet one more. This one is depicting the tolled roads for vehicles over 3.5 tonns and thus bit extensed compared to the first one. The toll in this case is collected electronicly and therefore not with the sticker on a windshield.

Old September 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1230
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Thank you very much for your answers, Surel.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1231
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Hello everybody, it's me again

First of all, there is a nice video made of tens of photos, showing how an inner-city expressway (Prague's City Ring) is being built in a city (so called Top-Down method using slurry walls) - oldest photo is from 7. 11. 2008, latest from 1. 9. 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbXuqX5PZw (watch in HD).
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1232
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Amazing how fast the last section went.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #1233
Ministerský rada

The new section of Prague Ring Road (R1) connecting D1 and D5 motorways is being prepared for opening (even though it's due to be finished next year at D1×R1 interchange).

On 18th September 2010 there will be a "day of opened doors", sports events will occur, in-line skaters are welcomed to test this stretch for the last time before cars and trucks, there will be other presentations as well.

Now few pictures showing the expressway 8 days before opening:

Temporary on-ramps at D1×R1 interchange:

Top - D1, bottom - R1:

Heading westbound towards Plzeň and Airport

Near Herink

Junction Jesenice

Near Cholupice (1,9 km long tunnel Cholupice)

Bridge for a future Komořany bypass built in advance:

2,3 km long viaduct ahead:
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #1234
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

And before Prague outer ring, on 16th September new 5,9km section of R4 will be opened in southern Bohemia near city of Písek

Last edited by 1+1=3; September 13th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #1235
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Hello everybody!

I have samo questions for you...

Is there 7 or 10 day vignette for your highways?

This site mentions both on the same page... 10-day for validity and 7-day in prices.

Validity of stickers
Type Validity period
Annual (R) Starts on December 1, 2009 and expires on January 31, 2011 (1 month before and after the nominal period).
Month (M) Starts on the day marked on the sticker and expires at the end of the same day as marked on the sticker in the immediately following month.
10-day (D) Starts on the day marked on the sticker and expires at the end of the tenth calendar day.

and then...

Prices of stickers
Prices 2010:

Validity period Price
Annual 1,200 CZK
Month 350 CZK
Week 250 CZK

And where can I buy it? I guess on gas stations. Im traveling in direction Vienna - Katowice

Thank you

Last edited by KHS; September 13th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #1236
Ministerský rada

Oh, thanks for noticing, it was a mistake, already corrected - it's a 10-day vignette.

You can buy it directly at Mikulov border crossing or at gas stations in Mikulov (Shell).
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #1237
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Thank you very much!

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #1238
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

When do you expect a fully completed motorway to Ceské Budéjovice and/or to the austrian border?
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1239
Ministerský rada

About D3, it's hard to say. Our new Transport Minister wants D3 to be built as PPP project (stretch Veseli - Budejovice and Budejovice-bypass), the rest is R3 expressway, where construction might start in 2-3 years under one condition - if there will be enough money. As an alternative, PPP is being considered for that stretch as well, but I don't think that anybody will be interested in (low AADT, hilly terrain > low efectivity evaluation). Personally, I don't expect R3 being under construction in 2015 Maybe D3 stretches...

Just to mention, D3 stretch Tábor - Veselí n.L. is U/C now, completion date 2012...

Central Bohemian stretch (Prague - Mezno (where the currently operational part begins)) is just a dream for a next decade...
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #1240
Surel

I am sorry to disturb this optimistic line of pictures, however this is also part of the business where many of these construction projects are done. Just part of the background.

Quote from czech web newspaper
www.aktualne.cz

Quote:
Ex-managers award government tenders worth billions
14:34 | Dnes
Petr Holub

Autor: Ludvík Hradilek

Prague - Construction tenders in the Czech Republic, above all highway and railway construction, has been controlled by people that have worked for major Czech construction firms. These firms have been awarded numerous construction tenders.

The most obvious name is Aleš Řebíček, who worked for the Viamont construction company until 2006 when he became a transport minister in Mirek Topolánek's government (2006-2009).

During the three years Řebíček served as the minister, his former employer, Viamont, was allowed to participate in public construction projects worth CZK 20 bil (EUR 800 mil). Viamont even participated on construction of new railway corridors.

Highway baron
However, more important are the cases of Alfréd Brunclík, who chaired the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic that belongs under the Transport Ministry, and Jan Komárek, who heads the sister-company Railway Infrastructure Administration. Both organizations are responsible for awarding highway and railroad construction bids.

Before becoming the head of the Road and Motorway Directorate, he was a member of the board of directors of Subterra, a company owned by Metrostav, a Czech construction giant. As the director general of the directorate, he handed over to Metrostav bids worth of CZK 50 bil (EUR 2 bil), which made the company the Czech market leader. Now, Metrostav is one of the four companies that control almost every important highway construction project in the Czech Republic. The other three companies are Eurovia, Skanska and Starbag.

Before 2006, Metrostav did not take part in highway construction in any significant way. Today, it participates in all major construction projects, including the D8 highway from Prague to Ústí nad Labem in North Bohemia and the D3 highway from Prague to Tábor in South Bohemia. Each of them cost more than CZK 10 bil.

Moravian railway monopoly
In 1995-1999, Komárek was a member of the board of directors of the ŽPSV Uherský Ostroh company. One of his fellow directors was Michal Štefl, who later became a director of the OHL construction company, which eventually bought the ZPSV. OHL is now one of the four largest railway constructors in the Czech Republic which control nearly all public investment projects. OHL itself has a virtual monopoly on railway construction in Moravia. In the last five years, OHL was awarded bids worth of CZK 25 bil (EUR 1 bil) from Komárek's state organization.

Somehow not very surprisingly, Brunclík's RSD and Komárek's SZDC were strikingly unsuccessful in biddings. The firms were paid a lot more than the original demand prices.

For example, before Brunclík became the director of RSD, it was common that the organization managed to cut demand prices as much as by one half. On the contrary, after Brunclík became the director, demand prices usually grew significantly during the bidding.

For example, the R49 road construction was originally set to cost CZK 5 bil. However, the bid was eventually awarded to Eurovia and Metrostav for more than CZK 6.5 bil.

In 2008 and 2009, there were 80 highway construction commission which costed more than CZK 100 mil (EUR 4 mil). In 40 of them, the state paid way more than originally expected. In the rest, the estimated cost did not change.

For comparison, in 2005 and 2006, the state managed to cut demand cost in 75 percent of bids. Both Komárek and Brunclík admitted that the costs grew during the construction.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways