daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1321
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

Yesterday was a national holiday so there was a open doors day at tunnel Blanka building sitein Prague, public could go under the Vltava river for the first time in this tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=3 View Post
DOD v tunelu Blanka

termín dokončení stále 12/1212
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #1322
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Otherwise very good and modern motorway, I think in Slovenia some should learn to do similar.
Slovenia??
SLO`s net is almost done, what more could be built
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM   #1323
Schengen
S

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
The intergovermental agreement puts it to 2012. I would say that they could be finished on the czech side certainly sooner... already next year. They will already maybe put the first layer of CB in few km around Bohumin since the finisher is there. The only problem here are the money and new savy policy of the new ministry... (so called we will starve them to lower prices), otherwise it could have been already opened.

The polish side looks too rather prepared however, there is currently no constructor and the site is in stuck for some time (a half year maybe??).

Therefore also there are no complaints from PL side. They have troubles with constructor, CZ side with money... so both are happy with delayed date.

Today in Katowice, GDDKiA and Alpine Bau will sign again a revoked contract for the completion by the Austrians of the southern section of the A1 motorway to the CZ-PL border crossing at Gorzyczki/ Stanovice on D1.

Alpine Bau is back on this construction site, but this time conditions are tougher than previously. As it is reported the Austrians being a high-risk company will be monitored much more carefully. Among others company is obliged to strictly carry out the construction works during 6 am to 22 pm. Daily progress report is mandatory. Probably they will earn for this project some 70 millions EUR less if compared to the first contract.

Is it true that the same company i.e. Alpine Bau is building the Czech section of D1 Bohumin – Stanovice ? Are Ceske Dalnice encountering the same problems with this company ? Can we be sure that finally in March 2012 we can use this section ?
Schengen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1324
TommyLopez

Likes (Received): 41

Is it true that the same company i.e. Alpine Bau is building the Czech section of D1 Bohumin – Stanovice ? Are Ceske Dalnice encountering the same problems with this company ? Can we be sure that finally in March 2012 we can use this section ?[/QUOTE]

The last section of D1 Bohumín - CZ/PL border (Věřňovice/Gorzycki) will be completed by the end of 2011 and is built by Skanska (well I´m not pretty sure about that but it´s definitely not built by Alpine Bau)
TommyLopez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #1325
hiob

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLopez View Post

The last section of D1 Bohumín - CZ/PL border (Věřňovice/Gorzycki) will be completed by the end of 2011 and is built by Skanska (well I´m not pretty sure about that but it´s definitely not built by Alpine Bau)
D1 is built by: Sdružení (Group of firms) D47092/2007
(ODS-Dopravní stavby Ostrava (now Eurovia), Skanska DS, a.s., Alpine stavební spol. CZ, OHL ŽS)

ALPINE Bau GmbH (now contractor of A1) is owner of Alpine stavební spol. CZ (which was one of three previous contractors = Alpine CZ+DE+AT)

Last edited by hiob; October 4th, 2010 at 12:35 AM.
hiob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1326
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Aerial update of some recent projects on the czech motorway net, all pictures by Martin Holík:

D3 Mezno - Tábor - Veselí n/L
Pictures: 40

D8 0805 Lovosice - Řehlovice
Pictures: 15

R1 Modletice - Jesenice
Pictures: 14

R4 Mirotice - Třebkov - Nová Hospoda
Pictures: 5

Last edited by mapman:cz; October 15th, 2010 at 05:32 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #1327
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schengen View Post
If you found some specific EU provisions making it obligatory and mandatory to implement( in accordance with the Schengen Treaty ) in each member state this specific roadsign, I would be very obliged for your short info.
If there is such a provision (about which I'm not sure), it should be in EU Regulation 562 of 2006. Here are the links to the law in English, Polish, and Czech, respectively. To get it in any other official EU language simply change the two-letter code just before ":PDF" at the end.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0032:EN:PDF
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0032:PL:PDF
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0032:CS:PDF

I believe forum members may be particularly interested in Article 22, which prohibits lower speed limits at internal border crossings.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #1328
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLopez View Post
Is it true that the same company i.e. Alpine Bau is building the Czech section of D1 Bohumin – Stanovice ? Are Ceske Dalnice encountering the same problems with this company ? Can we be sure that finally in March 2012 we can use this section ?
The last section of D1 Bohumín - CZ/PL border (Věřňovice/Gorzycki) will be completed by the end of 2011 and is built by Skanska (well I´m not pretty sure about that but it´s definitely not built by Alpine Bau) [/QUOTE]

I would say more likely RSD would be concerned, not ceskedalnice.cz which is a very professional 'fan site' of czech motorways...
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:32 PM   #1329
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

The actuall state of the border section D1 x A1 near Bohumin. All credit to Ceske Dalnice and Hiob.

From the Polish side towards Czech side. The border is clearly visible as there is the end of asfalt surface.

Bridge over Olše/Olza

Towards Poland from around here: http://www.mapy.cz/#[email protected][email protected]=15

And few meters closer to bohumin is already CB. This part should be finished before the last mile border section. http://www.mapy.cz/#[email protected][email protected]=13. Towards Poland and the roundabout.

Towards Ostrava

All pictures are taken from the gallery at ceskedalnice.cz. Credit to Hiob. The gallery is here.
http://foto.ceskedalnice.cz/vase-fot...-D1/index.html
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:54 PM   #1330
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Why are there massive noise screens along pastures?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:18 PM   #1331
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Why are there massive noise screens along pastures?
I guess we are a rich country .

FIrst. Well seriously there was some pushing from the green people, because of some areas with protected bugs (thats no joke). Don't know if that made the walls, however walls are allways handy when you want to handle green lobby. And what more, they mean more money for the consturctor.

Second. These pastures are in fact rather small and the whole area was more or less protected from construction in the city plans due to the planned motorway. When you look at the map http://www.mapy.cz/#[email protected][email protected][email protected]=13, you can see that the motorway goes through residential area and is acompanied by local communication I 67. The city of Bohumin, in fact consists of two cities. First was "Stary Bohumin" or Old Bohumin, due to the construction of the railway line Wien - Krakow in the early 19th century the New Bohumin "Novy Bohumin" emerged in place of former swamps around the important station. The motorway in fact goes in between those two city parts.

In the official flyer from RSD http://www.rsd.cz/catalog/Stavime-pro-vas/Prehled-staveb/pdf006/$file/d47-bohumin-st-hranice.pdf are the walls reasoned also with function of hiding the motorway and keeping the landscape and city more compact.
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:34 PM   #1332
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I see. There are some residential areas close to the D1 indeed, near Stary Bohumín.

What always strikes me though, is that motorways ought to be surrounded by noise walls, while they never complain about railway noise. I have yet to see the first railway which has huge noise walls near every residential area. Railway noise is significant, and is often higher than motorway noise, although concrete pavement doesn't really help reducing roadway noise.
Old October 31st, 2010, 05:20 PM   #1333
Surel

I guess in the past were people not so aware of the noise issues and they just did not care so much as well. Most railways goe in the same tracks and had been there before the first motorways.

With the new environmental processes the noise walls came to the roads first. With the reconstruction and new construction of railways are these issues also reflected. Certainly on the rail corridors in CZ.

Last edited by Surel; October 31st, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1334
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

railway noise gets me sleepy
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1335
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

To give an idea of how far the "soundproofing" of the reconstructed railroads goes, here are some figures from the fourth corridor (Praha-České Budějovice-Horní Dvořiště(-Linz) (yeah, I know it's off topic ):

stretch ID: stretch length / length of sound barriers
4101 - Horní Dvořiště - České Budějovice: 38,807 / 5,984km
4202 - České Budějovice - Nemanice I: 2,620 / 1,310km
4204 - Ševětín - Veselí nad Lužnicí: 9,364 / 4,859km
4205 - Veselí nad Lužnicí - Tábor: 26,600 / 9,887km
4206 - Tábor - Sudoměřice u Tábora: 11,430 / 2,941km
4207 - Sudoměřice u Tábora - Votice: 17,010 / 3,870km
4208 - Votice - Benešov u Prahy: 18,472 / 2,941km

now it's getting really interesting:
4209 - Benešov u Prahy - Strančice: 23,950 / 17,842km
4210 - Strančice - Praha Hostivař: 18,180 / 17,461km

Basically you can't see a damn thing from the window of the train on already completed parts if you're anywhere near the inhabited areas.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:28 PM   #1336
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Basically you can't see a damn thing from the window of the train on already completed parts if you're anywhere near the inhabited areas.
Same with motorways... Are our noise regulations too strict? Maybe necessary, but not realistic. I know the noise level ought to be 48 dB or less, which is really low. Even at a street with more than 1.000 vehicles per day you exceed 48 dB. My apartment has 83 dB because of the adjacent railway...

Quote:
stretch ID: stretch length / length of sound barriers
Is that on both sides of the railroad? Otherwise you would have to divide the length of the barriers by 2 to get a good comparison.
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:45 PM   #1337
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is that on both sides of the railroad?
The figures are "one sided".

I think our regulations are 60dB during daytime and 50dB during night.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #1338
Surel

In the end of last month was opened a by-pass of the city Moravske Budejovice. It is not a motorway but first class road I/38.

Road is part of E59 on the section from Jihlava to Wien.

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1339
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Today we celebrate 30th anniversary of the opening of full length Praha - Brno - Bratislava motorway. Construction of this 317 km long motorway began in 1967 and was finished in 1980.

This motorway is nowadays still the only motorway connecting Bohemia, Moravia and Slovakia and in light of its it must be said that it is already in a bad shape and it seems that we have not much to celebrate here.

At least we can say, that planning works regarding the complete rehabilitation and reconstruction of the whole Praha - Brno (exactly Mirošovice - Kývalka) stretch are ongoing and in 2011 we may expect some first roadworks there, which should last approx. 10 years on this 161 km long stretch...
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #1340
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Fail:

Quote:
Czech Republic Minister of Transport banned from driving

Vít Bárta, the Minister of Transport for the Czech Republic, has been banned from driving. Bárta has been banned for six months after being caught driving with a fake licence plate.

The minister was driving with a sticker with his registration number written on it glued to the hood of his car. He was caught in July, while driving his Maserati home from his own wedding. He claimed to have lost the original licence plate while driving along a dirt road. It has been reported that Bárta does not plan to appeal the ban.

As well as his six-month driving ban, Bárta has also been fined 5,000 koruna. The charges were announced by Karel Hanzelka, a spokesman for the Transport Ministry.

Bárta spoke to reporters about his ban. He joked around saying that he wouldn't really miss his licence and that his "wife will drive him around". He also said that he accepted his punishment.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways