daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #1341
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Why do you see it as a fail? Because he actually accepted the ban? Or because they charged him?

I see it on the opposite as a positive thing. A minister who could easily avoid losing his driving license accepts the consequences. Especially when there are many that dont lose their driving license for severe violations.

The licence plate wasnt faked. It was actually the right number and right design. The problem was, that he did not used the metal plate that is issued by the police. As long as I am concerned rather nicely solved situation. I would see the fails with politicians driving drunk, refusing to be tested, causing accidents, not losing their license etc etc... and these happened rather often.

Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #1342
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

In my opinion, that's excessive. I think they should have re-issued the license plate and insisted that it be installed. If he failed to do it, then the authorities could take more severe action. The important thing here, in my opinion, is that no one's rights were violated and no one could have been harmed by his action.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #1343
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 305

btw im wondering where is this maserati supposed to have the front licence plate fitted? seems like the carmaker did not really considered the rather strict czech regulation regarding licence plates.
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #1344
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19364

Quote:
Why do you see it as a fail? Because he actually accepted the ban? Or because they charged him?
A minister should act like a role model. If the transport minister himself does things outside of the law, how can he be credible? Just like these police officers who set up speed traps but drive 180 km/h themselves, or a public traffic safety advocate who was caught driving under influence. (both happened in the Netherlands).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #1345
mcarling

When someone is charged with violating the strict letter of a law while complying with its intent and purpose, the court should dismiss the charges.
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #1346
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 305

to the minister's defense, fact is, normally this kind of offence is seen only as a light violation /everyone including police knows the regulation is rediculously strict/ usually penalized just by a fine rather than driving ban. im sure if he wasnt a minister he would have gone away with much lighter penalty.
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #1347
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRazor View Post
im sure if he wasnt a minister he would have gone away with much lighter penalty.
Exactly. This is what lawyers call malicious prosecution.
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #1348
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Exactly. This is what lawyers call malicious prosecution.
Possibly, and a cynical jerk would've fought it on those grounds. The minister didn't, though. And if I were him, I wouldn't have, either.
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #1349
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 958 View Post
Possibly, and a cynical jerk would've fought it on those grounds. The minister didn't, though. And if I were him, I wouldn't have, either.
I agree that it was politically wise for him to not fight it. Anyway, we seem to be drifting off topic.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #1350
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A minister should act like a role model. If the transport minister himself does things outside of the law, how can he be credible? Just like these police officers who set up speed traps but drive 180 km/h themselves, or a public traffic safety advocate who was caught driving under influence. (both happened in the Netherlands).
I fully agree on that. However, in the mirror of the past and some present state of the Czech politics his and police's actions afterwards seem to be more promising than the fact that he violated the law. It is indeed a fail neverthless.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #1351
Surel

To get back on the asfalt trail. Due 3. December should be opened according the RSD new section of D1 and R55 near Kroměříž in the east of CZ.

Here is the plan. Green section should be opened, however not fully.

The actuall opened section is depicted here with the pink highlight. The rest should follow in the next year summer. The delay is due to the "elevated undeground waters" postponing the completition of the interchange.
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #1352
Surel

Here follows photos from construction of D3.

The location is in the South Bohemia. We talk about the red highlighted section of D3.

Pictures from these galleries:
http://www.dalnice-d3.cz/fotogalerie...letecke-snimky
and
http://www.dalnice-d3.cz/fotogalerie...letecke-snimky

Current end of D3 nearby on the right Tabor, which is connected by I19 flying over the motorway.

nearby Košice (in CZ :o)

Crossing current I/3 and railtrack and river Lužnice near Veselí nad Lužnicí.

Merging on I/3 that is already bypassing Veselí nad Lužnicí.

Last edited by Surel; November 16th, 2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #1353
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
nearby Košice (in CZ :o)
There is village called Praha in Southern Slovakia. Thank you for great pictures btw.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1354
X236K

Likes (Received): 46

D3 doesn't seem to be heading for opening in 2012...
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #1355
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by X236K View Post
D3 doesn't seem to be heading for opening in 2012...
The fact is that the whole story of the D3-construction is the project "for more than one generation". Well. In spite of this fact the small progress in the region Tabor will be the significant progress (many small towns and villages between Tabor and Veseli on the I/3 national road. The complete highway between Prague and Linz, it is like a dream.
As for this section, some delay could be expected there....
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #1356
mcarling

I hope the road from Prague to Linz will be completed around 2020 or thereabout. When do you suppose the section of the D3 between Tabor and Prague might be completed?
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1357
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I hope the road from Prague to Linz will be completed around 2020 or thereabout. When do you suppose the section of the D3 between Tabor and Prague might be completed?
That is the right question. No idea from my side. Why? The long-term tricky point is the first section (Prague/Outer Bypass R1 - Sazava valley (enviromental issues there) - Benesov. The "replacement solution" might be the road I/3 Benesov - Junction Mirosovice and the highway D1. Sure, that there are some traffic disadvantages as well.........This section of D1 already sufferers due to many traffic jams (without another/additional traffic) and the widening of the I/3 to Mirosovice would be certainly no simple project.....2020, it could be the (a bit optimistic) goal there....
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #1358
ilyan

Likes (Received): 861

When was opened the stretch in full profile of D1 Belotin-Hladke Zivotice total length of 18 km? In half profile it was opened 25.11.09. Now you can get to Praga from Ostrava don't leave motorway.
ilyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:15 AM   #1359
Surel

In september this year was opened the other side as well. In october were the motorway fully 2x2 but there are perhaps some temporary markings and speed limits on one side still.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM   #1360
Surel

The RSD is about to give notice to all the bilboard advertising firms that rent place alongside the roads. It will however take few years before the bilboards dissapear as the agreements are long term.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways