daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #1681
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by X236K View Post
D1 Brno - Vyškov is terrible quality 1+1 road (nicknamed the Stairway, or the Left lane). One cannot even think of using the right lane at all. I always drive like >180 since flying over the holes and "stairs" is the only way to survive. Definitely the worst stretch in CZ.
I drove there this month, high traffic in a dark late afternoon, 2°C, rain mixed with snow... horrible experience. There were a couple of roadworks, but only on short scretches.

And btw, there are some 2+2 sections between Novy Jicin and Frydek Mystek without emergency lanes and median strip, are they going to rebuild them in future?
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #1682
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Regarding those 4-lane sections on I/48: R48 is very well prepared, many sections have building permits but it has no priority in the official road budget, so I think only some safety measures will be executed in following years...
Old December 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #1683
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

How is D1 Bohumín - PL border doing? Will it be ready till April?
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #1684
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
How is D1 Bohumín - PL border doing? Will it be ready till April?
If it is ready on the polish side? Its basically only waiting, the boards and toll gates needs to be hanged, stripes drawn, money paid, thats it.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #1685
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

On the Polish side, the A1 is scheduled to be ready on March 2012. But I don't see the connexion between having D1 ready on the CZ side & having the A1 ready on the PL side. Can you explain ?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1686
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

On the Polish side, the A1 is scheduled to be ready on March 2012. But I don't see the connexion between having D1 ready on the CZ side & having the A1 ready on the PL side. Can you explain ?
Well when you construct the road over the border, you try to time it properly with the other side. It doesnt make sence to have it finished but heading into a field or something. And it so happened, that the czech part was not rushed into being completed because of that.

Last edited by Surel; December 25th, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old December 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #1687
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

I suppose it would be possible to open the D1 to the border if Poland would open the first 2 kilometers of the A1 from the border to first exit (I don't know the name of the road) connecting Łaziska to Gorzyce. However, I don't think that would be very useful until the rest of the A1 opens to Świerklany. Painting the D1 months before it will open just means that it will need to be repainted that much sooner.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1688
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Well when you constract the road over the border, you try to time it properly with the other side. It doesnt make sence to have it finished but heading into a field or something. And it so happened, that the czech part was not rushed into being completed because of that.
Hmmm ... Don't forget the future D11 won't be connected to the future S5 in Poland (section Hradec Kralové - Legnica) for a long time ... So I agree with you in one sense: it would be ideal to synchronize better works on both sides, but the case I just mentioned shows unfortunately it's not always possible ...

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #1689
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Don't forget the future D11 won't be connected to the future S5 in Poland (section Hradec Kralové - Legnica) for a long time.
It could be a very, very long time. I guess the D11 will probably connect to the S3 before the S5. As far as I know, there are no plans to ever connect the D11 to the S5, though it's an easy mistake to make because the DK5 now runs from Bolków to the CZ border.
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #1690
Surel

I hope you did not feel offended becasue that was not the intention. There is difference between last stretch of a higway leading nowhere just to the border, with no exits, and an entire route that can be used anyway, whether there route on the other side. Thats also the reason why D1 is serving Bohumin already few yers, but the border section will come to operation just next year.
Old December 25th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #1691
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

From what I remember works on Czech side slowed down because of lack of funds and it was before problems with Polish section, and thus new opening schedule, appeared.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #1692
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
I hope you did not feel offended becasue that was not the intention. There is difference between last stretch of a higway leading nowhere just to the border, with no exits, and an entire route that can be used anyway, whether there route on the other side. Thats also the reason why D1 is serving Bohumin already few yers, but the border section will come to operation just next year.
To be honest I don't even understand why I should feel offended You wrote nothing wrong ! I was just skeptical about what you wrote, that's all

Anyway, I can't wait to try this first motorway connection between CZ and PL

Old December 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #1693
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
From what I remember works on Czech side slowed down because of lack of funds and it was before problems with Polish section, and thus new opening schedule, appeared.
Yes, you remember right. It came to them handy that there was delay on the Polish side and it came in handy on the polish side, that czechs had postponed it. I think it came into mutual happines of the authorities. But I guess, the funds would not be a problem if they did see that the polish part is becoming real very fast.

Ultimately, the best is to have it finished fast and at the same time on both sides.

Last edited by Surel; December 26th, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1694
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 305

The Czech decision to slow down works on the border stretch to save some funds came indeed before the delay on the polish side was officially announced, but it was made with the looming problems on the polish section in mind. In other words the Czech motorway directorate knew it could not realistically expect the polish section would be complete on schedule, so they, imho reasonably, halted the works until Poles re-shedule their section and diverted money elsewhere in the mean time.

There is really no reason to worry about completion of the Czech part as there is very little remaining work left. The opening date still depends on the same thing as before: completion of that troubled bridge on the Polish section.

As for D11/S3 connection date, it's a bit premature to speculate on any delays on either side of the border, I'm afraid, given how (little) advanced the border sections planning process is in both countries.

NB: I strongly suggest to take the occassional alarmist "opening of section XY endangered by the lack of money" articles in Czech media with a grain of salt as these are too often part of the interministerial fight for state budget funds, especially fierce in the time of state budget preparation. In that time there are many of them; along with imminent threat of collapse of the health, educational, security etc. systems if the budget of the respective ministry is not increased as demanded or - god forbid - reduced.

Last edited by HiRazor; December 26th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #1695
mcarling

Why won't the D1 take a more direct route between Němčice nad Hanou and Přerov?
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1696
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

That's a veeeeeeery loooong story ....

Actually, it has something to do with the evolution of D1 plan itself. First D1 was supposed to connect Prague - Brno - Trenčín - Žilina - Košice - UA, near Brno a D47 branch to Ostrava was supposed to start.
Then in 1990's plans changed, D1 was planned to go along Zlin and then to SK, D47 was again a branch to Ostrava. Short after that the Hulín - Lipník part was added to D1 plan. And in late 2000's the rest of D47 has been renamed to D1.

There are some other factors as well that favor this layout -the flood plains of Morava and Bečva rivers - R55+D1 concurrency - R49 branch etc...
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #1697
Surel

The vignettes for vehicles under 3,5 tonn, using the highways or expressways, will be around 25 % more expensive in the next year.

Year vignette will cost 1500 CZK = 60 Euro
10 days vignette 310 CZK = 12,50 Euro
Month vignette 440 CZK = 18 Euro

This should bring additional 750 mil CZK into the budget (30 mil Euro).
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1698
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

So 2 additional kilometers of motorway in 2014
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1699
mcarling

Quote:
This should bring additional 750 mil CZK into the budget (30 mil Euro).
Assuming zero price elasticity of demand?
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #1700
Surel

Yes to the first question, only few kms. But I guess, it will be swallowed by the maintanance.

To the second question. I dont know how they came to this number. But I guess the demand for vignets is pretty price inelastic. I dont know however.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways