daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1701
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Mobility is less price elastic than is sometimes assumed. It's not a product where demand goes up and down according to price. Of course, there is some elasticitiy if you go into extremes, like paying € 0.50 per kilometer (managed toll lanes) or gasoline that costs € 0.03 per liter (Venezuela), but in normal circumstances, mobility is a fixed need, much like a house or education, and and it goes up and down according to spatial changes and socio-economic developments.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1702
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I guess the demand for vignets is pretty price inelastic. I dont know however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Mobility is less price elastic than is sometimes assumed. It's not a product where demand goes up and down according to price.
I read accounts here in Highways & Autobahns about people who drive on old 2x1 roads rather than new 2x2 roads because they aren't willing to pay for a vignette. I don't know how prevalent that is or to what extent it depends on the price of vignettes.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #1703
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

There is not much alternative on a longer routes to the motorway in CZ, on shorter routes, that could be a case. But I think that the vignettes could be of some sort jump elasticity nature and rather bounded to the transportation in general. E.g. that people would buy them even if there is significant increase in their prirce. However when there would be substantial drop in their living standards (e.g. income drop, or overall rapid increase in the living costs) people would stop to use a vehicle in general, thus stopping using the vignettes in the process. (in economic terms, bigger income then price effect)
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:04 PM   #1704
ultrags

Likes (Received): 0

July 2011 I drove through Czech rep. from Dresden to Brno. At Teplice were highway construction, how is it now, when is it done, how many kilometers. the highway from the German border to Prague ?

When is Prague detour finished ?
ultrags no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1705
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrags View Post
July 2011 I drove through Czech rep. from Dresden to Brno. At Teplice were highway construction, how is it now, when is it done, how many kilometers. the highway from the German border to Prague ?

When is Prague detour finished ?
Bad news on these topics:

1) 16 km missing - opening expected in 2014

2) 13 km of ring road missing - huge NIMBY issues, construction is expected to commence in 2014, then 3 years of construction
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1706
ultrags

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Bad news on these topics:

1) 16 km missing - opening expected in 2014

2) 13 km of ring road missing - huge NIMBY issues, construction is expected to commence in 2014, then 3 years of construction
Thanks for the info, hope to run again this summer. The first time I was in the Czech Republic was 3 years ago, I was surprised with all the cameras along the highways, especially Prague was wonderful city with everything a tourist.
ultrags no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #1707
Surel

The situation in Eurovia versus RSD, aka waves on D1 in Ostrava (3 years old motorway) is getting really funny.

Eurovia sets campaing against the RSD in the media, and threathening with court... I really dont know what do they want to come with.

The story is like this. Eurovia says, yes we have used wrong material (they already sued a subcontractor), but it is not our fault and we have no responsibility, because your officials surveiling the construction have signed this document (showing to the cameras), that everything had been done according to the project.

RSD: Yes our construction surveilence signed all your papers and everything you did was approved by them. However, the construction was not according to the project. You used different materials, and whether our officials did not see this or did not want to see this, is not of any importance. Yours was the responsibility to deliver according to the project, and you did not. (and thats proved, becasue different materials then the ones approved in the project were found in the underlying layers - used steel mill slag instead of the blast furnance slag)

Really interesting where this is going to...

What is really funny? The officials conducting the surveilence during the construction were not officials from RSD, they were subcontracted by RSD. And guess who paid them as well as surveilence on the site? Yes, Eurovia.

LOL

Give us the money, and dont ask us what we did. If you ask. You will pay our friends that work for us, and they will testify that everythings ok.

Yet, if this wouldnt be enough. Eurovia goes for another one. They say, that at the time, no one could forsee the behaviour of slag as construction material and that they have similar problems in Belgium and the Netherlands. What problems? Bribery?

Last edited by Surel; February 8th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM   #1708
Surel

There is a updated RSD projects realisation map as of 2012. Quite nice map if you ask me....

pdf map file

under construction in 2012 = red
into operation in 2012 = green
future = orange

The RSD filed complaint claim in 901 points against Eurovia in the case of D1 in Ostrava. Google translate rsd info, google translate
Old January 24th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #1709
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

I'll travel from Austria via Brno, Olomouc and Ostrava to Poland. Is the motorway from Brno to Ostava complete as it's drawn here: http://www.motorway.cz/image/map_large.gif?
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1710
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
I'll travel from Austria via Brno, Olomouc and Ostrava to Poland. Is the motorway from Brno to Ostava complete as it's drawn here: http://www.motorway.cz/image/map_large.gif?
Yes, as shown on the map to which you linked. The section from Ostrava across the border into Poland should open in a few months.
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1711
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

@ChrisZwolle, maybe you should copy these 2 last posts to the Euro 2012 - Ask Poland & Ukraine thread ? Even though it's not directly connected to PL & UA, but may be a concern for Balkan, Czech & Italian people traveling there ...

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #1712
Surel

A 3 km long part of the Prague's inner city ring tunnel Blanka in this video link on map here, thanks to ihned.cz.
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1713
ChrisZwolle
Road user

R10 Praha - Turnov

A photolog of the R10 expressway, northeast from Praha to Turnov. It connects northern CZ with the capital. While traffic is not very heavy, it's not empty either. It's a good drive, pavement is generally good, some nice views of what appears like a Parisian tree-lined boulevard but is actually an expressway, and some mountains appear in the distance further north. The speed limit is a comfortable 130 km/h.

map:

image hosted on flickr

R10-1 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-2 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-3 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-5 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-7 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-9 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-11 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-12 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-13 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-15 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-18 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-21 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-24 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-25 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-26 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-28 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-31 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-33 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-34 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1714
ChrisZwolle
Road user

image hosted on flickr

R10-35 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-36 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-37 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-38 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-40 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-41 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-43 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-46 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-47 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-49 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-51 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-52 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-54 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-56 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-57 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-58 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-59 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-60 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-61 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

R10-62 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #1715
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

A couple of years ago, I heard of plans to make a motorway from Zittau (D) through the small corridor of Bogatynia (PL) to Liberec (CZ). Anyone heard about this afterwards ?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #1716
mcarling

Germany built their part (178N) very nearly to the Polish border. Poland was working on their part a few years ago. At least toward Liberec, the Czech part seems to be under construction. I'm not aware of any work on a bridge over the river dividing Germany and Poland though.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1717
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Road Zittau-Hradek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Germany built their part (178N) very nearly to the Polish border. Poland was working on their part a few years ago. At least toward Liberec, the Czech part seems to be under construction. I'm not aware of any work on a bridge over the river dividing Germany and Poland though.
Skanska is building bridge over Nysa Łużycka - to be completed by 2013-05

More info (sorry - in Polish) here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=388348&page=2
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #1718
HiRazor
Seriously Bohemian

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
A couple of years ago, I heard of plans to make a motorway from Zittau (D) through the small corridor of Bogatynia (PL) to Liberec (CZ). Anyone heard about this afterwards ?
The plans were reduced to build only a single carriageway until the traffic load warrants a full frills expressway. In Czech republic some 8 km long new section of I35 is being built between the current end of the dual carriageway in Bílý Kostel and the already finished single carriageway next to the border in Hrádek nad Nisou. This section should open this june. Part of the construction site is already visible on this photomap. Here is the ŘSD leaflet about the project.
HiRazor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1719
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRazor View Post
The plans were reduced to build only a single carriageway until the traffic load warrants a full frills expressway. In Czech republic some 8 km long new section of I35 is being built between the current end of the dual carriageway in Bílý Kostel and the already finished single carriageway next to the border in Hrádek nad Nisou. This section should open this june. Part of the construction site is already visible on this photomap. Here is the ŘSD leaflet about the project.
On this photomap you can also see short section u/c in Poland.
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #1720
Surel

As I understand it the missing link is the border bridge between DE and PL here:

There is a gallery from this summer available starting at the view from PL into the CZ, further pictures from the polish section, ending at the PL/DE border, here

Currently, the I/35 between Bílý Kostel (where I/13 (continuing the I/35 from LIberec) ends as 2x2) and Hrádek nad Nisou, is under construction 1x1 in a new route with reserve for 2x2.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways