daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1721
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

I read that the Polish part is co financed by DE and CZ, is it so?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #1722
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

As I understand it the missing link is the border bridge between DE and PL here:
Yes, this missing bridge between DE and PL is constructed by Skanska with completion date scheduled for 2013-05.
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #1723
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
While I cannot confirm that, it makes a lot of sense. The road will not substantially benefit Poland.

Last edited by mcarling; January 26th, 2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: typo
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1724
Andrzej_3598

Quote:
Should be like that.

Below is excerpt from CZ-DE-PL agreement from 2004 on that subject:

CZ gave 2.5MEUR, DE 13MEUR for construction of road in Poland.

---------------------------

Artykuł 4

Koszty

1. Republika Czeska przekaże Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej środki finansowe w formie ryczałtu w wysokości brutto 2,5 miliona EUR (słownie: dwa miliony pięćset tysięcy euro), Republika Federalna Niemiec przekaże Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej środki finansowe w formie ryczałtu w wysokości brutto 13 milionów EUR (słownie: trzynaście milionów euro) z przeznaczeniem na pokrycie całkowitych kosztów budowy nowej drogi i polskiego udziału w kosztach budowy mostu granicznego przez rzekę Nysę Łużycką oraz na budowę i rozbudowę niezbędnych połączeń z polską siecią dróg krajowych.

2. Koszty budowy i utrzymania obiektów odpraw granicznych w przejściu granicznym w rejonie Hradka nad Nisou ponosi Umawiająca się Strona czeska.

3. Koszty budowy i utrzymania obiektów odpraw granicznych w przejściu granicznym w rejonie Zittau oraz koszty budowy części mostu granicznego przez rzekę Nysę Łużycką znajdującej się na terytorium Republiki Federalnej Niemiec ponosi Umawiająca się Strona niemiecka.
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1725
Andrzej_3598

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
While I cannot confirm that, it makes a lot of sense. The road will not substantial benefit Poland.
Indeed for Poland this road is not important at all. Even more - If I remember correctly, it was discussion some time ago in Poland about strategic importance of this road as competition to Polish S3. This was in the context of access from south of Europe to Baltic ports (Polish or German).
But now, I do not hear any public discussions on that subject, and I hope this road finally will be completed.
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1726
Surel

I dont think that this connection will have any consequences further then regional. Certainly not before R35 is fully operationall which I would not bet to be sooner then 20 years from now.
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1727
Sch1

Likes (Received): 21

Just to add to the R10 description by ChrissZwolle. The traffic is low between Turnov and Mladá Boleslav. Between Mladá Boleslav and Praha, there is heavy traffic on Friday afternoon outward. And slow moving flow on Sundays during the winter season as weekend skiers are returning to the city. This weekend rush can be seen also on D1. Other highways leaving the city aren't that full on weekends.
Sch1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #1728
Surel

The constuction map I posted some time ago in pdf now in png and english.

Old February 16th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #1729
Bori427

Likes (Received): 1808

Where is the Czech Republic getting all the money to build these motorways from?
Bori427 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #1730
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

The Czech Republic does not have money for all these projects, it is just a vision - a load of possible projects to pick up from But there might be some financial injection by EU - CEF, Cohesion funds etc. that might help to construct 1/3 of those project by 2025.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #1731
Ministerský rada

D8 0805, part Lovosice - Bílinka

Nice aerial shots of a completed section D8 Lovosice - Bílinka, that is not opened yet because of administrative problems. Opening is expected in June/July.

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1732
Ministerský rada

D8 0805, part Bílinka - Řehlovice

This is the part of Lovosice - Řehlovice section, that has problems with zoning and building permits, that were revoked by courts. If everythings goes well, constructor needs 30 months from the restart of works (hopefully in April) to complete the whole section.

Old March 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1733
Mr. America
przestrzeń-ludzie-miasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
What's that?
Mr. America no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #1734
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A noise reduction cover. A bit exaggerated if you ask me. They have one like that in Warszawa too (S8).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1735
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Well, that's what we get for unreasonably strict noise regulations - sometimes it's just impossible not to exceed the norms unless the road is fully covered.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #1736
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I wonder what the noise limits are, because full road coverages in the Netherlands because of noise are never necessary, despite much higher traffic volumes. They do construct covers from time to time to reduce the "barriers" between two areas, but it's not necessary according to our laws. I thought these things were harmonized within the EU. I also noticed eastern European countries have much more excessive noise screens in relatively low populated areas.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1737
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder what the noise limits are, because full road coverages in the Netherlands because of noise are never necessary, despite much higher traffic volumes. They do construct covers from time to time to reduce the "barriers" between two areas, but it's not necessary according to our laws. I thought these things were harmonized within the EU. I also noticed eastern European countries have much more excessive noise screens in relatively low populated areas.

outdoor noise day (6:00 to 10:00 p.m.) night (10:00 p.m. to 6:00)
other than the traffic...........50 db 40 db
for road transport................55 db 45 db
Noise from rail transport........55 db 50 db
for noise from major roads.....60 db 50 db
rail inside reserved zone........60 db 55 db
old noise pollution................70 db 60 db
old railway tracks.................70 db 65 db

By old we mean made before 2000.
There are some exceptions for airports, medical, construction etc.

Inside noise levels

internal noise day (6:00 to 10:00 p.m.) night (10:00 p.m. to 6:00)
fundamental limit.....................40 db 30 db
for road transport (Except for buildings completed after 1.6.2006,
them at a base level)................45 db 35 db
Noise from music,
singing and speech...................35 db 25 db

First. There are quite some strong interest groups that can take the noise limits as a hostage and block construction.

Second. There are substantial profits made on the anti noise instalation.

Thirt: The municipalities may play this card in order to show off on the local level politics and in order to develop certain areas.

and adding in general:
a) From no influence on the construction during the communism, the society moved to the point where everyone wants to have a say in everything.

b) The space is not so limited as e.g. in the NL and people are used to quiet neighbourhood, especially in smaller cities and villages, where traffic is low. The proximity of traffic noise changes the attractivness of the house rapidly. People are more picky about the place they will live in. People dont move often. Most people stay in one house for their whole life. Most people have strong relations to the place they have house in. This creates more pressure on the new construction.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the asphalt they used in NL reduces the sound quite well on its own.

Last edited by Surel; March 19th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1738
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Netherlands has a "preferred value" of 48 dB for road and 55 dB for rail, but exemptions are easily possible up to over 60 dB if mitigation is only possible at an unacceptable cost (there is a special calculation formula for this). The Netherlands uses the Lden value (weighed average of the day, evening and night period).

Unfortunately noise limits are always politically motivated and not based on objective measurements, I mean why is it acceptable that railways can produce higher noise levels expressed in an objective value? 7 dB difference is quite significant, because a 1.5 dB difference is already considered critical for taking measures (for example at a road widening project). And you won't believe the "outrage" by NIMBY's over the 130 km/h speed limit in the Netherlands (which would raise noise levels by 0.2 - 0.7 dB).
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1739
Surel

There is quite interesting page where some noise maps are available, not only for infrastructure. This link is for the noise around existing main roads and in some cities.

http://hlukovemapy.mzcr.cz/silnice.html

For example this one is for the section of D8 Nová Ves - Lovosice
Just look at the png if intersted, it is quite big. http://hlukovemapy.mzcr.cz/image.asp...0_2%20Ldvn.png

This one is around part of I48 in Frydek Mistek (Chlebovice) where R48 is under construction in different path.
quite huge PNG: http://hlukovemapy.mzcr.cz/image.asp...vn/MS%2020.png

Last edited by Surel; March 20th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1740
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
but exemptions are easily possible up to over 60 dB if mitigation is only possible at an unacceptable cost (there is a special calculation formula for this). The Netherlands uses the Lden value (weighed average of the day, evening and night period).
There is similar formulation in the Czech law about too high cost. But I am not sure if there is a formula specified for it. Thus that leaves lots of room for appealing, court decissions and in general delaying the construction and being pain in the ass.

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways