daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1821
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
When driving at the end of D8, is there a sign that says: Brno ?
Yes sir! Also note "ostatni tranzit".

image hosted on flickr

D8-82 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1822
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
But if the 511 and 520 is not constructed how does vysocanska radial link with D1 towards Brno. Fly through ? :-D

Can you see the problem?

Btw your link is dead. Try again.

When driving at the end of D8, is there a sign that says: Brno ?
Thats All. Lol.
You will drive as suggested here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobek_Azbest View Post
This route should be traffic light free by then.
Or here:

The route D8-Kbelská-Vysočanská radiála (R10)-R1-Štěrboholská spojka - Jižní spojka - D1.

Both are the same thing.

What link? They all work for me. Look into the goole map or www.mapy.cz map for a moment. They have the correct maps. It will make it clear to you.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1823
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Research by economists generally shows that prevailing fuel prices have a big effect on what kind of vehicle people buy but only a small effect on how much they drive.
I wonder if the same applies also on the city car traffic when you have quite strong substitute in the public transport.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1824
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Nah to the city cores perhaps, but 80 - 90% of the car traffic in an urban area is outside the city core, where public transport can only be an alternative if you're willing to spend much more time travelling. Nowadays inter-suburban and intra-urban trips are prevalent, as opposed to the traditional commute into the city center. Public transport cannot reasonably compete with the car on most of these trips. While it's possible to take these trips by public transport, they usually cost so much more time people rather drive if they are able to do so.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; May 15th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #1825
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
You will drive as suggested here:

Or here:

The route D8-Kbelská-Vysočanská radiála (R10)-R1-Štěrboholská spojka - Jižní spojka - D1.

Both are the same thing.

What link? They all work for me. Look into the goole map or www.mapy.cz map for a moment. They have the correct maps. It will make it clear to you.

thank you a lot Surel..

Now i understand everything..

There is no chance to get confused with all those Brno signs

So this detour is called Prazsky okruh right, just for safe ??

What about the other way round.. for instance if i come from D1 and link with D8.. its the same, but now i have to look for Usti n. l., right ?

It is very stupid by the czech traffic directorate, the tourist from East doesnt know where Usti is, he/she only knows where Dresden is..

Dresden is more important than Usti ( for tourist, yes. For Czech republic, no).... lol

Acually Dresden should appear no later than the end of D1, as far as I know it appears very late in the start of D8 i think..
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1826
Surel

On the map picture I posted is the completed Pražský okruh. At current moment from the estern part only the middle part is finished.

The Prague apparently logically decided to sing meantime also this "D8-Kbelská-Vysočanská radiála (R10)-R1" as Pražský okruh, till the parts 511 and 520 would be finished.

I dont remember seeing Dresden board anywhere else than start of D8. It would make sence signing Dresden already before Prague perhaps. But Ústi nad Labem deserve its sign. Its 7th most populous city in the country with almost 100 000 inhabitants.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #1827
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes sir! Also note "ostatni tranzit".

image hosted on flickr

D8-82 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
I allways wondered Chris. When you have all gantries in Europe collected, will you sell them to Tom Tom ?

No really, what would you think about navigation that would use real life pictures or videos? I wonder when google street view will launch real time GPS navigation. Or does it work already? I dont use Android so I dont know... , seems it works .
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1828
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't use a GPS. Last year I drove to the campsite in Praha without checking a map or GPS during the trip I already knew the main roads around Praha and I studied the last few kilometers from R1 to the campsite the day before I left.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #1829
tfd543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
On the map picture I posted is the completed Pražský okruh. At current moment from the estern part only the middle part is finished.

The Prague apparently logically decided to sing meantime also this "D8-Kbelská-Vysočanská radiála (R10)-R1" as Pražský okruh, till the parts 511 and 520 would be finished.

I dont remember seeing Dresden board anywhere else than start of D8. It would make sence signing Dresden already before Prague perhaps. But Ústi nad Labem deserve its sign. Its 7th most populous city in the country with almost 100 000 inhabitants.
Surel... Do you know wether the construction of the sections 511 and 520 have begin or when they begin ?
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1830
Surel

Quote:
Surel... Do you know wether the construction of the sections 511 and 520 have begin or when they begin ?

There may be hope that section 511 could get all the permits in horizon 2-3 years in my oppinion. Someone else may know better. Construction later.

Section 520 only god knows.

The problem are not money, but huge NIMBIs activity and complicated territorial decision making.

On the side note. We talked about corruption here. Today the police arrested one corrupt MP . The immunity did not work for him because they got him during the crime, when something like that happens the immunity is suspended.

They caught him carrying 250 000 Euro bribe. There are 7 more arrested people. aside bribing one of the charges is causing damage to the EU. There are EU funds in the whole matter. Its not about motorways. I think there are some health projects and subsidies going on.
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1831
tfd543

well. i think 511 is more important than 520 so its ok

no matter what, its better than "fine". To avoid Prumyslova and a part of Kbelska is like recieving gold in your hand. Im sure i will save 20-30 minutes to go though Prague.

Why do they need all these permits ?

isnt it Czech property ?

I hope it will be finished between 2015-2018.

2017 is deadline in wikipedia if you search in prague outer ring..
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #1832
X236K

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Nah to the city cores perhaps, but 80 - 90% of the car traffic in an urban area is outside the city core, where public transport can only be an alternative if you're willing to spend much more time travelling. Nowadays inter-suburban and intra-urban trips are prevalent, as opposed to the traditional commute into the city center. Public transport cannot reasonably compete with the car on most of these trips. While it's possible to take these trips by public transport, they usually cost so much more time people rather drive if they are able to do so.
A well organized public tranport system is competitive. Pity there's only few of them...
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #1833
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Usually only in hyper-dense areas like Manhattan or Hong Kong or Singapore or the core of Tokyo, London or Paris. Not your average residential area in much of Europe. Even in Japan the car still carries the majority of passenger traffic.
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #1834
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

i have a question: why building R52 anyway? i think a branch north to Hustopece from D2 would make more sense towards austrian A5...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1835
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
i have a question: why building R52 anyway? i think a branch north to Hustopece from D2 would make more sense towards austrian A5...
That's unlikely and almost impossible because of UNESCO site Lednice-Valtice, Pálava Naturschutzgebiet and Nové Mlýny dams on Dyje river. The only alternative is to connect to D2 bypassing Břeclav from the south and continue towards Hodonín (R55), but there are still huge environmental issues... And don't forget that the R52 is already constructed halfway (e.g. Brno - Pohořelice).
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1836
Ministerský rada

Yesterday our president signed an amendment to our Road Act (Public Roads Law), that forces all owners of billboards and other advertising devices to remove them within 5 years from motorways and primary (I. class) roads and their respective protection zones. That means all advertising (except signs regarding enterprises along the roads) should be gone until 1.8.2017.

Huge thing in our so called "billboard republic"...
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1837
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17467

It`s very important amendment I think, there are places where billboards are more abundant than road signs ...
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1838
Doctor Wu

Likes (Received): 1

Congratulations.
But why 5 years?
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #1839
Ministerský rada

It's because of the simple fact, that actually the permission to operate a billboard along motorway was limited by law to max. 5 years. So to not to interfere with already gained rights and permissions...
Old May 19th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #1840
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Usually only in hyper-dense areas like Manhattan or Hong Kong or Singapore or the core of Tokyo, London or Paris. Not your average residential area in much of Europe. Even in Japan the car still carries the majority of passenger traffic.
In Vienna modal split is better for public transport than for cars, considering the whole city area, in city centers of at least 30 European cities (incl. Prague) public transport is absolutely competitive and has a higher modal split than car.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways