daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM   #1961
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

If your driving from Ingolstadt, like this, http://goo.gl/maps/13ekF, is there a place to buy the Czech vignette?
The complete surface of part one of the sticker must be attached to the bottom right of the vehicles windscreen?
Thanks!
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM   #1962
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
The Brno city ring Dobrovského tunnel opened today for traffic together with other parts of the I/42 Brno north city ring site RSD report. The RSD sets the price tag at 8.4 Bln CZK, that is around 340 Mln Euro for altoghether 6.2 km (where the two 1.2 long tunnel tubes are counted twice I guess). The construction took 6 years since the works started.
According to Ministry of transportation the price is over 11 Bln CZK including VAT
http://www.mdcr.cz/cs/Media/Tiskove_...si_doprave.htm
Czech TV said 12 or 13 Bln CZK, some papers too.

So who's right now?
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1963
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

I thought about the very same thing yesterday and decided to put there the numbers from RSD. The 2,5 additional bln CZK could be explained by including VAT.

There could be some trick RSD is using when it puts into brackets behind the price this: "stavební náklady" which means construction costs and it deliberately ommits some other costs.

One fact is for sure, media would like the price as high as possible, because that is sensational and RSD would like the price as low as possible, because that makes them look good in the eyes of public. The whole thing just shows how poorly are public finance managed in the CZ when such simple thing as a price tag is not know for sure.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1964
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
If your driving from Ingolstadt, like this, http://goo.gl/maps/13ekF, is there a place to buy the Czech vignette?
The complete surface of part one of the sticker must be attached to the bottom right of the vehicles windscreen?
Thanks!
You can buy the vignette at th border. It is just suggested where you should put the vignette on th windscreen, but you can choose the place that fits you better(on the windscreen), though it should be well visible for any control. You must write also your car number on the 2nd part of the vignette, as the police and custom officers like to bother and control if you had written the car number.
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM   #1965
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I was asking because I read somewhere that you should already have the sticker applied when you drive into CZ on the motorway. So I am guessing there is a sign before the border on the German A6 which says something like "Vignette" or "Maut". But if it's already in CZ, then can you pay by card? Cause we will not have any CZK and I'm guessing paying in Euros in CZ could mean not the best exchange rate
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1966
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

You can buy the vignette in Germany at some gas stations. Last time I bought mine at a rest area along A4 west of Dresden. I've also crossed some non-motorway borders, and there are usually gas stations where you can buy them too (there are gas stations near the border because Czech fuel is cheaper than German fuel).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1967
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
I was asking because I read somewhere that you should already have the sticker applied when you drive into CZ on the motorway.
You don't have to, you can drive to the first rest area without sticker, which is just across the border on this motorway.

http://www.autobahn.cz/vignette

Last edited by Janek0; September 1st, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM   #1968
1+1=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I thought about the very same thing yesterday and decided to put there the numbers from RSD. The 2,5 additional bln CZK could be explained by including VAT.

There could be some trick RSD is using when it puts into brackets behind the price this: "stavební náklady" which means construction costs and it deliberately ommits some other costs.

One fact is for sure, media would like the price as high as possible, because that is sensational and RSD would like the price as low as possible, because that makes them look good in the eyes of public. The whole thing just shows how poorly are public finance managed in the CZ when such simple thing as a price tag is not know for sure.
I think this could be the right answer http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=121

So the tunnel including VAT (building costs + technologies + cost of estates + projection costs + ...) cost ~10,9 Bln CZK and the whole opened section ~12,7-13 Bln CZK.

Isn't 10,9 Bln CZK (= €443 Mln) for 1,3 km long tunnel bit much...?
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM   #1969
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=3 View Post
nah...
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1970
1+1=3

But the tunnel is longer and it is in Netherlands with different price level compared to CZ. (I assume labour costs at least).
Since some moment I started to hate all tunnels in CZ since they are ALWAYS overpriced. And the new tunnel is always pricier than the previous one.
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1971
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=3 View Post
I think this could be the right answer http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=121

So the tunnel including VAT (building costs + technologies + cost of estates + projection costs + ...) cost ~10,9 Bln CZK and the whole opened section ~12,7-13 Bln CZK.

Well, RSD at this link over the opening, gives the prices for all three parts:

Quote:
Cena staveb (stavební náklady) :
I/42 Brno, VMO, Dobrovského B – 6,9 mld. Kč. (the tunnel construction??)
I/42 Brno, VMO Dobrovského – Svitavská radiála – 1,2 mld. Kč.
I/42 Brno, Žabovřesky-mosty – 334mil. Kč
= 8,4 BLN CZK (without VAT???), thus VAT added making it in total some 10,2 BLN CZK.

In the flyers at RSD site is this price (they state there price according to the contract):
Silnice I/42 Brno, VMO MÚK Dobrovského–Svitavská radiála - 0,8 BLN CZK (with VAT)
Silnice I/42 Brno, VMO Dobrovského B - 10,9 BLN CZK (with VAT) The tunnel
+ something for the Žabovřesky mosty 0,4 BLN or so.

= 11,7 BLN + 0,4 BLN CZK

Its not really clearly given by the institution self. Anyway, I find the price rather high indeed.

Last edited by Surel; September 1st, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1972
eucitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janek0 View Post
You don't have to, you can drive to the first rest area without sticker, which is just across the border on this motorway.

http://www.autobahn.cz/vignette
No it is compulsory to have the sticker from the boder and you never know if police o custom officers will not ambush you before the petrol station,which is few kms after the border. Btw I think zyou n buy the sicker with the credit card also at the border, but I am nto sure, as I always buy in advance the yearly one at a petrol station. Anyway before the border there is a clear information where to buy the sticker.
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1973
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
No it is compulsory to have the sticker from the boder and you never know if police o custom officers will not ambush you before the petrol station,which is few kms after the border.
Here is official website, are you saying it lies? http://www.sfdi.cz/CZ/2012dk-zpoplatnene-useky.php
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM   #1974
Surel

You can just buy the sticker at the first opportunity on the czech soil. Look e.g. here at google map for D5 right after the border. First exit on rest area right after the border gives you sign for buying the vignette. Same for D8 and D2. Basically you should be allways able to buy the vignette at the first place after the border and also since that place is the vignette required.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:35 AM   #1975
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I see on Google Maps the part from the border to the first rest station is light color (yellow), so it should mean not tolled.
http://goo.gl/maps/khxR6
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM   #1976
eucitizen

No I am not saying you or that site is lying, it is just that the first rest area just right after the border was the former border control checkpoint and that was what I was telling as the place where to buy the sticker. I asumed you were meaning the first petrol station after that former border checkpoint. That´s all, it was amisunderstanding
Anyway on that border rest area there is a petrol station, maybe you can buy there the sticker with credit card.
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1977
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Hi!
What is the nicest option to travel from Cheb to Loket and Karlovy Vary?
I see there is the R6, but it's motorway, right? I thought of maybe driving some more picturesque roads then a motorway (therefor can even be a longer way with detour if it's worth it) and maybe use the motorway on return.

I found Cheb and Loket while reading on wikitravel about Karlovy Vary.
Any other suggestions maybe in the area? I thought Pilsen, but have to see if there is still time for that.
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #1978
ChrisZwolle
Road user

R6 itself is a pretty nice ride. It was built right over the old road in many places. If I remember correctly highway 20 is pretty scenic south of R6.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1979
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Hi!
What is the nicest option to travel from Cheb to Loket and Karlovy Vary?
I see there is the R6, but it's motorway, right? I thought of maybe driving some more picturesque roads then a motorway (therefor can even be a longer way with detour if it's worth it) and maybe use the motorway on return.
R6 is an obvious choice, but you'll need a sticker. It can be tricky to avoid it, as the detour isn't signposted and some roads are rather substandard.

Quote:
I found Cheb and Loket while reading on wikitravel about Karlovy Vary.
Any other suggestions maybe in the area? I thought Pilsen, but have to see if there is still time for that.
Yep, don't skip Loket especially, it's a little gem. Other sights in the area... let's see:
Bečov nad Teplou - castle, Teplá - monastery, Mariánské Lázně - spa town. Or possibly Chodovar brewery in Chodová Planá, with a nice subterranean restaurant.
Edit: If you're more interested in nature, Soos reservation (basically a bog) is a nice place. /edit

Then the open pit mine near Sokolov is also quite a sight. Or this lovely village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
R6 itself is a pretty nice ride. It was built right over the old road in many places. If I remember correctly highway 20 is pretty scenic south of R6.
Yes, I/20 and II/230 are quite nice roads to drive in the Teplá river valley. Also generally in a good shape.

Last edited by Bobek_Azbest; September 11th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #1980
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

thanks very much.
I don't mind the sticker, I will drive to Prague the other weekend 21-24 September, so at least use it 2 times. Not sure if to buy the 10 day or 1 month sticker, not much difference.

I see a trip like this http://goo.gl/maps/Rc3wg

Tags
autobahn, czech republic, highways, motorways