daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2016, 01:05 PM   #3401
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19377

N85 La Mure

The La Mure bypass opened to traffic on 8 June. La Mure is located in the French Alps, in Isère Department. The construction cost was € 9.5 million.

This was one of the last towns of significance to be bypassed between Grenoble and Gap. N85 still goes through the village of Corps.

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:17 AM   #3402
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 116

The legend says it's a "réaménagement des voies existantes" so a modification/upgrade of existing roads.
Bender está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:26 PM   #3403
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes it's partially a reconstruction of existing roads, and partially a new road that links both segments, to form a functional bypass of La Mure.
Old July 1st, 2016, 08:38 PM   #3404
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A507 / L2 Marseille

The A507 (L2) opening in Marseille appears to have been pushed back to late August or early September, which is 1-2 months later than what was said earlier this year. The delivery date is 7 July, but commissioning may have to wait a while for safety inspections and perhaps a big fire drill.

http://www.laprovence.com/article/ed...-attendre.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

verreme, Luki_SL liked this post
Old July 2nd, 2016, 09:23 PM   #3405
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A9 Perpignan - Le Boulou

Vinci Autoroutes quote on Twitter:

Le chantier d'élargissement de la section Perpignan Sud - Le Boulou (15 km) s'est achevé avec 6 mois d’avance.

The widening works for the section from Perpignan-Sud to Le Boulou (15 km) are completed six months ahead of schedule.

This segment of A9 has been widened to 2x3 lanes. There are now six lanes across the Mediterranean plain from Nîmes all the way to Le Boulou, which is the last exit before the border with Spain. In fact there are three uphill lanes south of Le Boulou as well, so southbound traffic has only a few kilometers of two lanes.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

verreme, Luki_SL, arctic_carlos liked this post
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:10 PM   #3406
ChrisZwolle
Road user

D177 Axe Rennes - Redon

An overview of the D177 voie express from Rennes to Redon in Western France.

Luki_SL liked this post
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #3407
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The A507 (L2) opening in Marseille appears to have been pushed back to late August or early September, which is 1-2 months later than what was said earlier this year. The delivery date is 7 July, but commissioning may have to wait a while for safety inspections and perhaps a big fire drill.

http://www.laprovence.com/article/ed...-attendre.html
The French government has not accepted the delivery of L2 (A507) today. It wasn't up to safety standards, with 352 issues that are unsatisfactory, some of which are severe.

It is not yet known if this will delay the opening further. Construction on the Marseille bypass started in 1994 but funding was allocated in small blocks resulting in very slow progress. It was delayed even further in 1999 after the Mont-Blanc Tunnel fire which required an overhaul of the safety standards for tunnels. The project was expedited in 2013 as a PPP project and has been constructed quickly since. It won't be a toll road.

https://marsactu.fr/bref/coup-darret...s-de-securite/
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:14 AM   #3408
Orilla

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
The La Mure bypass opened to traffic on 8 June. La Mure is located in the French Alps, in Isère Department. The construction cost was € 9.5 million.

This was one of the last towns of significance to be bypassed between Grenoble and Gap. N85 still goes through the village of Corps.
There is still Gap where the bypass is actually "On Hold": some problems with Turrelet Bridge's concrete.
Sorry but i didn't keep the newspaper. :x
Orilla está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:58 PM   #3409
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

In these times of car-free cities and bans on "dirty" classic cars, the nightmares of French mayors are fueled by expressways like Nice's Voie Pierre Mathis

The fun starts at 2:55.
Old July 13th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #3410
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A10, Tours

I was browsing through my footage from 2015 and found out I had filmed A10 through Tours. I totally forgot about it.

A10 through Tours has surprisingly few exits for an untolled urban motorway in France. Though you can basically only drive the river crossings untolled.

Traffic was very light when I filmed this on a Sunday in June. Traffic can be quite intense, there are plans to widen A10 through Tours to 2x4 lanes.

Old July 13th, 2016, 03:26 PM   #3411
sotonsi

what's happened to the bypass plans?
sotonsi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 03:58 PM   #3412
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I'm not aware of a bypass plan for Tours. Given the fact that they're currently widening A10 in southern Tours to six lanes, and plans for a future widening to eight lanes, any bypass plans seem to be off the table.
Old July 13th, 2016, 08:05 PM   #3413
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Réunion

June 2016 imagery shows the new N1 'Route du Littoral' under construction on Réunion island in the Indian Ocean. It's a € 1.6 billion project. It's planned for completion in 2018, but most of the route is not yet under construction, to me a 2018 opening seems unlikely, given the fact that they want to built 5.4 kilometers of bridges and 3.6 kilometers of causeway.

These are the segments under construction;

1. The La Possession approach on the west side of Réunion.

2. A segment under construction halfway.

3. The Saint-Dénis approach on the east side of the project.
Old July 15th, 2016, 04:22 PM   #3414
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Intensified border checks have been introduced at the France-Spain border south of Perpignan, resulting in a 30 kilometer traffic jam on A9. According to TomTom, the delay is more than 4 hours.

L 'A9 est totalement saturée dans sa partie sud, entre Perpignan et la frontière espagnole, à cause du contrôle aux frontières.

Les contrôles à la frontière ont été renforcés et occasionnent un bouchon monstre de 30 km.

It appears that they have only 2 out of 18 toll gates operational, with police checks at those 2 gates. No wonder it creates a humongous traffic jam.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; July 15th, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old July 18th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #3415
ChrisZwolle
Road user

More misery on A9 near the Spanish border, the autoroute has been closed in both directions south of the Le Boulou toll gate due to a wildfire. The delays are over 2 hours in both directions.

Old July 18th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #3416
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I wonder if all those people know that there are other roads to cross the border without all this trouble. The whole issue is a bit ridiculous. I mean, if I was a terrorist escaping from France the last thing that would go through my mind would be to cross the border on the motorway. I had to drive from Barcelona to Toulouse the day after the attacks in Brussels. 2h+ queues were reported in AP-7; I crossed via Puigcerdà (N-152/N20) and just drove through. I could probably have done it on N-260/D914, too. Okay, these routes imply detours, but is it worth it to wait 2h under the July sun just to stay on your route?

GPS devices are supposed to make our lives easier yet they're turning us into complete idiots. I wonder what will happen when self-driving cars are the norm. Will they also behave like brainless sheep?

MichiH, parcdesprinces, g-n-r liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #3417
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think many people use a GPS without a live traffic feed. Then it will choose the fastest route - assuming no congestion. Another factor is that traffic information tends to underestimate the delay with stationary traffic.

Google Maps is known to extremely underestimate delays at long routes. For example last Saturday a 700 kilometer route plotted in Google Maps from Frankfurt to Italy stated a delay of only 40 minutes (including the Gotthard Tunnel!), while at closer examination, the combined delays were 3-4 hours.

verreme liked this post
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #3418
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Montpellier

Plans to build a western bypass of Montpellier to link A750 with A9 (future A709) appear to have resurfaced. It has been reported that it could be built between 2020 and 2025.

Montpellier lacks a decent network of expressways. The metropolitan road network is incoherent and of lower standard (many roundabouts).

Project website: www.contournement-ouest-montpellier.fr

charpentier liked this post
Old July 19th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #3419
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Plans to build a western bypass of Montpellier to link A750 with A9 (future A709) appear to have resurfaced. It has been reported that it could be built between 2020 and 2025.

Montpellier lacks a decent network of expressways. The metropolitan road network is incoherent and of lower standard (many roundabouts).

Project website: www.contournement-ouest-montpellier.fr

Well if they do it this way they cause a new problem with a expressway close to the city itself, whilst they deplace the motorway in the south. It should be done better if done at all. The piece of N109 between end of Motorway and the beginn of the new track would be a new bottleneck. The new motorway should be replace it. Maybe even west of St. Georges and Laverune if this is possible by topography... And this quarter should only be a start for a ring road...

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 03:40 PM   #3420
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think it will mainly serve regional traffic in the Montpellier area, there isn't a lot of through traffic, for example from Marseille to Clermont-Ferrand, A7-A47-A72-A89 is 25 kilometers shorter than A75, even with the route via St. Étienne being far from a straight line.

belerophon liked this post

Tags
france