daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:04 PM   #3581
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Very unlikely that you risk anything. I have my German pile of crap (first aid kit, yellow jacket, warning triangle) in the back, and I guess that's enough.

The alcohol tester is mandatory but there is no sanction if you don't have one
http://www.securite-routiere.gouv.fr...ule/ethylotest

Welcome to France
yellow jacket and warning triangleS (two ones) I have, they are compulsory in Spain and can be fined (and it is very easy, enough to have a problem in the car, you get off and if you do not have them, if police arrive to help or do anything, they will do... and finnally they will leave you a fine. Easy to check if people has it)

I will just drive for one hour and expect to park the car and take a train to Paris... but I guess enough to need to know about compulsory issues in France.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:22 PM   #3582
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Almost nobody ever uses warning triangles in the Netherlands, having the hazard lights on is sufficient because it is considered too dangerous to place a warning triangle, especially on the shoulder of a motorway. It wouldn't be the first time someone placing a warning triangle is hit by a stray car.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:41 PM   #3583
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1822

That's what you need the safety vest for: to put the warning triangle by the side of the road
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #3584
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
That's what you need the safety vest for: to put the warning triangle by the side of the road
The only time I have used triangles...

It was winter and I was in a so cold zone, about 0ºC or less. I poke a wheel in the middle of nowhere and was first time I had to change it (thx to God, second time was in front of my home with daylight and easily....).

I turned on warning lights, put my yellow jacket and went to put a triangle. I started with the car jack and as it was first time, it was messy-blessy for me. So cold and trying everything.

Three minutes later a police car comes in the opposite direction and watching warning, they stopped and made an U turn (no more cars, easy to be seen...). An officer took off the car (guess safety reasons, surely second one would ask about my car by radio).
Officer viewed at a glance the problem: wheel.... and said... no problem, my car has the same jack and showed me how to use it. I was really nervious.... and cooooooold. I said I had put triangles and he didn't care about it. I changed wheel and tried to put in the car as better as I could and he said it was so cold to range the car, better run away and do in the garage. I say yeah and thanked him for help.

I went for triangles and:

1- I adviced that it was supposed to use both of them, 50-100m ahead and back of the car. I had put only back of the car
2- With the wind, it was down and had non-sense...

Old April 7th, 2017, 01:30 AM   #3585
brick84

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #3586
ChrisZwolle
Road user

N70

Construction began today to expand a segment of N70 between Palinges and Génelard to a four lane expressway. It is part of the RCEA concept and is north of the four lane segment that opened to traffic last month.

http://www.lejsl.com/edition-montcea...es-et-genelard

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, MichiH liked this post
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #3587
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A9 Montpellier

The opening of the new A9 at Montpellier is moving closer, they expect to formally announce the opening date on 21 April.

If no shortcomings are found during the ultimate inspections, the motorway can be put into service in two phases during the night of 24-25 and 25-26 April.

It was originally planned to open the motorway by late 2017, so it's a good six months ahead of schedule. It is currently the largest motorway project in France.

http://e-metropolitain.fr/2017/04/14...e-le-24-avril/

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #3588
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I found that at Oloron, D6 has an important viaduct
https://www.google.es/maps/place/644...13!4d-0.605292

Coming from south it is not pointed (it is bad pointed Pau indeed), but coming from Pau, all trafic goes through that road.

Why didn't made an overpass on southeast of Oloron for N-134?. Seems easier.

Old April 16th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #3589
ChrisZwolle
Road user

An important viaduct? I'm afraid I can't follow that... What do you mean? It lacks a bypass indeed.

Most of the French side of the Pyrenees has fairly inadequate roads. It lacks high-standard connections, A64 is too far north and there aren't good bypasses at many towns and cities. Even Tarbes - Lourdes isn't that good. N20 is maybe the best route into the Pyrenees, even though there are some city limits on that road too.
Old April 16th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #3590
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Have a glance to this street view picture

There is currently a viaduct to overpass Oloron via north

https://www.google.es/maps/place/644...!6m1!1e1?hl=es

Old April 17th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #3591
Parikaa

Likes (Received): 143

Here is the project:

URL: bap-europe.com

This project contains 2 viaducs and a tunnel. 3,6km - 38,5M€ - 2021
Parikaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 10:49 AM   #3592
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Thanks for all.

Are they any other projects between Pau and Oloron?

Old April 18th, 2017, 08:38 PM   #3593
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 118

Funny to see that all the projects listed on this thread (almost) always concern small towns and remote areas whereas not a dime is invested where it's actually needed ie. bigger cities.
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #3594
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Hollande administration put many projects on-hold. Some were restarted in the last year or two, for example the western bypass of Strasbourg.

I can't believe they're not doing anything about A7. It is notoriously congested on many summer days, also outside the typical 'black Saturdays', which makes the expansion of A7 one of the most profitable in France. They should expand it to eight or maybe even ten lanes from Lyon to Orange, and also upgrade the situation at Lyon. They want to 'remodel' A6-A7 through the city, but the bypass is not up to standards, with high volumes of traffic on just four lanes. In my opinion they should both expand A46 to six lanes and build a western bypass.

arctic_carlos liked this post
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:36 PM   #3595
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Funny to see that all the projects listed on this thread (almost) always concern small towns and remote areas whereas not a dime is invested where it's actually needed ie. bigger cities.
Oloron and all little villages around aren't so big but... they are on E-07

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:27 PM   #3596
ChrisZwolle
Road user

N79 Montmarault - Digoin

The French government today launched a tender for the concession of a motorway upgrade of N79 (RCEA) between Montmarault and Digoin. It is an 89 kilometer segment that will be upgraded and tolled.

http://www.boamp.fr/avis/detail/17-46991/1

For those who speak French:

Le projet consiste en la mise à 2 fois 2 voies de circulation de la section existante de la RN 79 située entre l'ouvrage de la voie communale du Grand Champ à Sazeret (Allier) et l'échangeur de Digoin (Saône-et-Loire) - soit un linéaire d'environ 89 km dont 88 km dans le département de l'Allier - et en l'exploitation de cette section.

La section concédée correspond à l'actuelle RN 79 (ou Route Centre-Europe Atlantique - RCEA) et sera conçue, financée, construite, exploitée, entretenue et maintenue par le concessionnaire, maître d'ouvrage, à ses risques et périls. En contrepartie, le concessionnaire sera autorisé à percevoir un péage auprès des usagers de l'autoroute
Old April 21st, 2017, 10:33 PM   #3597
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17480

Will N79 be signed as A79 after uprgading to motorway?
Old April 21st, 2017, 10:43 PM   #3598
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't know, the term 'autoroute' is used just once in the information (users of the autoroute).

A79 used to be reserved for a new autoroute from Lyon or Valence to Narbonne, bypassing A7 and A9 but this project seems superfluous now that the Montpellier bypass has been completed and further upgrades to the existing motorway seem more cost-effective than a new long-distance motorway parallel to existing ones (in particular from a tolling/financial perspective).

Luki_SL liked this post
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:28 PM   #3599
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
Will N79 be signed as A79 after uprgading to motorway?
N80 (2-7)-N70 (7-20)-N79 (21-33)-A714 (35-36)-N145 (36-56)-N520 (59-62)-N141 (62-80) between the A6 at Chalon-sur-Saone and the N10 at Angoulmene has a consistent, albeit not fully complete exit numbering.

The N79 east of the N70 (where the mainline is N79-N70 and Macon is via slip roads) shares numbering with the A406. Thus I can't see the whole N79 becoming A79 as its not treated as one route already.

Luki_SL liked this post
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:58 PM   #3600
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The French government issued a 'declaration of public utility' or DUP for the N79 upgrade today, also assigning motorway status and the number A79 to it:

A l'issue des travaux, le statut d'autoroute est conféré à la route Centre Europe Atlantique entre Montmarault (Allier) et Digoin (Saône-et-Loire), ainsi qu'à ses voies d'accès directes. Les sections concernées porteront la dénomination d'autoroute A 79.

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affic...NT000034453545

arctic_carlos liked this post

Tags
france