daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 16th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #3661
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 118

No copyrights issues with Phil Collins?
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #3662
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19398

Youtube allows copyrighted content in videos, but that often means your video cannot be monetized. I haven't used monetization anyway.

Sometimes using a copyrighted song means it cannot be viewed in some countries (ranging from a few islands to major countries). Until recently almost none could be viewed in Germany.

However sometimes there are restrictions on devices. Which means the video can be played on a PC but not on a mobile phone. PC playback has by far the least restrictions for music on Youtube. I usually check beforehand if I can use a certain song in my video. But I can't check that for every single country on every type of device. I usually steer clear of recent pop music.

As you can see, the usage of copyrighted content is allowed:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Bender, Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #3663
jdb.2

Likes (Received): 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Uh-oh...
Auch indeed.

CNGL liked this post
jdb.2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #3664
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244600

What cause this accident?
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #3665
Minato ku

Pont Oyapock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisavoine
Here is the first report and asessement of traffic on the international Franco-Brazilian bridge over the Oyapock River since its opening. The bridge, which is the first land crossing ever between France and Brazil, was finally opened to car traffic on Monday March 20, 2017. It remained unused between the completion of its construction in August 2011 and the commercial opening in March 2017 due to a lack of preparedness on the Brazilian side of the border (the Brazilians had not planned for an access road and a border checkpoint, and they botched several public procurements), plus some disagreements between the French and Brazilian authorities over the visa requirements for the Brazilians wishing to cross the bridge and the validity of car insurances in both countries.

As the Brazilian border checkpoint is not yet fully operational, only passenger vehicles are allowed on the bridge. Trucks (cargo) and commercial transport vehicles are not allowed yet.

French Guiana's local station of the France Ô TV network has broadcast this assessment of traffic since the opening of the bridge last March.

Traffic over the bridge is 40 to 50 passenger vehicles per day, with peaks of 100 to 120 passenger vehicles on some (French) public holidays. Over a one-month period, the French authorities record 1,400 passenger vehicles leaving France and 1,400 passenger vehicles entering France, which are most often the same vehicles, since most French vehicles do not stay for more than 24 hours in Brazil. 2,400 persons (drivers and passengers inside the vehicles) are controlled by the French authorities at the border checkpoint in one month.

One oddity is pointed out: 95% of the vehicles crossing the bridge are French vehicles (vehicles with a French license plate). So this is largely a one-way bridge, from France to Brazil. That's because the Brazilians entering French Guiana need either a non-Schengen French visa (such a thing does exist) or a cross-border card if they live in the border area and do not intend to reach Cayenne (a non-Schengen French visa is needed to reach Cayenne), whereas the French do not need any visa to enter Brazil.

The second major reason for this essentially French flow of vehicles is because the Brazilian cars need to buy a costly French insurance at the border, given that France and Brazil still haven't been able to reach an agreement on the validity of insurances in both countries (things that are so natural in Europe we don't even realize they exist anymore). The French insurance sold at the border costs 175 euros per month, which is too expensive for most Brazilian car drivers. The authorities are at the moment trying to lower the cost of this insurance.

Old August 26th, 2017, 11:34 PM   #3666
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21243

Part of the reasons for which the Brazilian government has been uncooperative is that France imposed this odd visa requirement for Brazilians visiting French Guyana. Brazilians don't need Schengen visas and have been allowed to visit other French territories (European mainland, Caribbeans islands, French Polynesia) without visas for many years, since before Schengen days.
Old August 27th, 2017, 02:15 AM   #3667
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Pont Oyapock

The French insurance sold at the border costs 175 euros per month,
It's cheaper travel to Macapá, this brigde was a disgusting waste of money for brazilians taxpayers, thanks Lula !
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #3668
cuartango
A orillas del Arlanzón

Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Uh-oh...
I was there that day going from Burdeaux to Burgos (Spain) by car, the traffic jam was huge in that way, even at the evening (some hours after the accident).

Regarding Bordeaux, is there any project to do a new ring road for the traffic going from Bayonne to Paris?. Current road has not enough capacity.

BlackC liked this post
cuartango no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #3669
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuartango View Post
Regarding Bordeaux, is there any project to do a new ring road for the traffic going from Bayonne to Paris?. Current road has not enough capacity.
isn't there some sign noting which way to go, western bypass or eastern? is it really congested on both sides?
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #3670
cuartango
A orillas del Arlanzón

Likes (Received): 2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
isn't there some sign noting which way to go, western bypass or eastern? is it really congested on both sides?
I have done that trip two times in the last year, and I do not remember any sign. Probaly western bypass had less traffic, but also there was a lot of traffic near the bypass junction.
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #3671
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I drove up and down to Alpe d'Huez today. I can see why it's a cycling challenge, but it is not very interesting from a scenery perspective. Only the last few turns offer some scenery but you'll mostly see the ugly ski resorts and ski lifts.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

cuartango liked this post
Old September 8th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #3672
ChrisZwolle
Road user

D60 Lac de Vouglans

Lac de Vouglans is a reservoir in the Ain River, located in the Jura Mountains, north of Oyonnax, not far from the Swiss border. The dam was built in 1968 by EDF, the lake has a surface area of 16 km² and is 30 kilometers long.

D60 Lac de Vouglans-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

D60 Lac de Vouglans-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

D60 Lac de Vouglans-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

D60 Lac de Vouglans-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

D60 Lac de Vouglans-5 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:55 AM   #3673
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9959

These great dam pics make me think to ():

parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #3674
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A40 Viaduc de Nantua

The Viaduc de Nantua is a major bridge of A40 in the Jura Mountains, located near the town of Nantua. It is 1003 meters long, 77 meters high and has a 124 meter main span. It consists of two separate bridges, the first opened to traffic in 1985 and the second in 1996.

A40 Viaduc de Nantua-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

A40 Viaduc de Nantua-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

A40 Viaduc de Nantua-3 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #3675
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A61 Toulouse - Narbonne

Construction is planned to start on the A61 expansion by late 2018.

In this phase, two sections of A61 will be widened to six lanes;

* A66 - Aire de Port-de-Lauragais (15 km)
* Lézignan-Corbières - A9 (20 km)

The estimated cost is € 200 million. It could be completed by 2022.

The future plans include a complete six-laning of the entire A61. Presently the 118 kilometer stretch from A66 to A9 is mostly four lanes, with only some brief third lanes on grades closer to Narbonne.

Traffic volumes on A61 are not particularly high on average, but there is severe traffic congestion on Fridays and Saturdays in July & August.

verreme, parcdesprinces liked this post
Old September 17th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #3676
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A51

Autoroute A51 south of Grenoble, at the Aire des Jaillets rest area. There is a great view of the Vercors Massif, which has ridges up to 2300 m.

A51 Aire des Jaillets by European Roads, on Flickr

A51 Aire des Jaillets-2 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:06 PM   #3677
Proof Sheet

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Autoroute A51 south of Grenoble, at the Aire des Jaillets rest area. There is a great view of the Vercors Massif, which has ridges up to 2300 m.
I knew exactly where that was before I had to double check my map. We drove northbound on that road between Sisteron and Grenoble and then on Peisey-Vallandry on the morning of Christmas Day 2016. Beautiful drive and as we descended down towards Grenoble the mist was going up the hills rapidly giving us a wonderful view.

Unfortunately east of Grenoble once we got into the alps itself on the Autoroute there was a lot of low level smog.
Proof Sheet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 09:39 PM   #3678
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A64

I wonder if this is the longest straight section of motorway in Europe. A64 has a nearly 24 kilometer straight section south of Toulouse. It is longer than the straight section of Dutch A7 on the dam (22 km).

Old September 21st, 2017, 12:19 AM   #3679
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
I wonder if this is the longest straight section of motorway in Europe. A64 has a nearly 24 kilometer straight section south of Toulouse. It is longer than the straight section of Dutch A7 on the dam (22 km).
I think it is more than 28 km.
I would have to think of measuring (with my vehicle) the exact length the next time I pass there.
I don't believe there is an other stretch of highway, even of road, longer than this one in Western Europe.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:55 AM   #3680
Negjana

Likes (Received): 144

This piece of road is VERY straight, put it still has some bends in it! The longest TOTALLY straight piece I could find is about 11km long!
Negjana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
france