daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM   #41
pescarush

Likes (Received): 1457

dangerous work for those escavators...
why don t they use implosion method?
pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #42
Cheesy
I don't like cheese...

Likes (Received): 8

It was to riskful, because of hospital opposite to the construction place
Cheesy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM   #43
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2558

And city authorities didn't give permit for the implosion.
Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM   #44
Tricky

Likes (Received): 150

I don't mind the design - not too bad actually. But also do question whether it's a good fit to a city of Wroclaw's size, history and statue.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:20 AM   #45
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57918

This building really sucks... Sorry, but I don't understand why they're building such a boxy-commie-fortress-building in the middle of the Pampa (excuse me, Wroclaw). Something that high should be build in Warsaw, not somewhere else. There will never be kinda intact skyline, probably 3 highrises - that's it... This thang is a mistake!

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; July 24th, 2007 at 11:17 PM.
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #46
Knatterton

Likes (Received): 0

What the hell are you talking about?? Wroclaw is a big town and has a main function for Lower Silesia. So why they can´t build high towers in such towns? There are so many "smaller" towns with big towers...
Knatterton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #47
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

A very impressive complex.
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #48
Mazim

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knatterton View Post
What the hell are you talking about?? Wroclaw is a big town and has a main function for Lower Silesia. So why they can´t build high towers in such towns? There are so many "smaller" towns with big towers...
Fully agree Knatteron, you must keep in mind such skyscreper cities like Frakfurt are not bigger than Wroclaw in terms of population. Therefore, I just can't understand the arguments of erbsenzaehler. This "Pampa" he is referring to was recently sold to the Spanish developer Grupo Prasa Invesments and will be developed by hirises, so it is not going to be a single hirise building in the middle of nowhere.
Mazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #49
Mr. Maciek

Likes (Received): 0

Just thought this might be of interest to some forumers, i think sky tower would have a strikingly close resemblance to the recently completed Verve 501 & Milano towers in Melbourne. I suppose this is something you could expect after sky tower is complete

If you want to have a closer look at Verve 501 & Milano see the link

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=352945

Old July 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #50
NorthPole
Great Ape Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkhen View Post
No, It's on the North Pole
With all respect, you must be wrong!

Gdynia from above
NorthPole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #51
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57918

Knatterton and Mazim: I just think this tower doesn't has the architecture, that could venerably represent the city of Wroclaw - it's just boxy and ugly in my opinion. Maybe you might think different about its style, but I still don't like it. And also it doesn't fit Wroclaw very well - it's a quite beautiful town (as I already experienced, because my grandma originates from this region and was drove out at WW2, at the days it was still German), but such (an ugly and for that size way too huge) tower hasn't to do anything in a historical city like that. If it would be way more outside the center, I could live with that - but the form and facade would still bother me for sure.

Come on, let's be honest - do you guys expect a real skyline from Wroclaw in some decades? Maybe someday it's going to have such one, but until that time this tower is standing alone in the 'pampa' of Wroclaw as I can judge by the shown pictures... And after, let's say 2 other bigger towers were built, the demand is satisfied - and the investors are going to focus more 'n more only on Warsaw, because this is the rising and developing capital of Poland, and not Wroclaw. Of course, there can always be numerous of important cities in one country, but it's different in Poland I think - what we see today, is a brief boom in Eastern Europe countries, that'll briskly begin to fade away, after the big metropolis have an offer in excess at office and dwellings, which could happen dramatically fast, if u watch the hi-speed developments of Russia and Poland. Probably this is also going to happen to Dubai - they are building whole cities inside the actual townborders out of the retort. There will be a plentifully excessive offer at everything very soon! The real estate prices are going to show that in the near future, that's something I can easily insure you.

And Mazim, the population doesn't matter for the development of a skyline at all. The economical circumstances are the important factor for this - I know, Wroclaw isn't unimportant in this case. But it also can't compete with the importance of Frankfurt or Warsaw in terms of financial functions - the financial center of Poland is Warsaw by the way. It's a completely different situation as you can find in Germany, for example. The most important parts of economy, culture, science and politics are mainly centered (and more 'n more shifting to) in Warsaw. You don't find that federal system as in Germany, Poland is more handled as like in France or GB.

So I don't understand YOUR points, because you didn't explain them. Probably you'll try to convince me of the opposite of my statements now, so that I can deal with it - Please, don't let u prevent from that!

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; July 24th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #52
Blok
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Come on, let's be honest - do you guys expect a real skyline from Wroclaw in some decades?
[IMG]http://i12.************/62rj98n.jpg[/IMG]
Blok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #53
Wrocek_fan
the city

Likes (Received): 1145

Warsaw was only one and most important city of Poland in communist times,
but now it's getting change (back to historical tradition of Poland, where every province had it's own capital)
There are also some big cities in Poland (Cracow,Lodz,Wroclaw,Poznan,
Tricity (Gdansk,Sopot,Gdynia), UpperSilesian Aglomeration)., which are developing sometime faster then Warsaw.And Wroclaw, nowdays, is the greatest "tiger" of polish economy.
So, skyscrapers are built by private developers and they sometimes prefer Wroclaw then Warsaw. I'm sure, that they know better than You what to do with they money and your good advices are no needed for them
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #54
NorthPole
Great Ape Project

1. There's no contradiction in having both old historical town and modern skyscrapers' cluster, so there's nothing wrong with skyscrapers in cities with long history (examples: Paris - IV c. (III c. BC?), London - I c., Frankfurt - I c., Moscow - XII c.). Wroclaw was granted city rights not before XIII c.

2. There'll be some 2km distance between the ST complex and Old Town market, so with assumed hight of 14-15m for the southern side of the market you should be at least 130m behind the market's side to see top of the ST complex. And the market is a square with side length of... 150-160m, so at the most southern position you will be able to see barely the top of ST (say 6-7 storey). There'll be no impact on the view of historical part of the city except long distance panorama from northern parts of the city.

3. Nothing wrong with having towers of "non-European" style (some say it's more Korean than European). Just wait for London's or Moscow's most impressive projects to be completed and you will see what "European style" means.

4. There are currently 3 urban areas "competing" on towers' field in Poland (Warsaw, Wroclaw and Tricity), so I wouldn't be surprised if every of the mentioned urban areas were developing its own preferred style for high rises (and, frankly saying, I hope it will be so).

Gdynia from above
NorthPole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #55
Rafis
WROCŁAW U/C

Likes (Received): 2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
This building really sucks... Sorry, but I don't understand why they are such a boxy-commie-fortress-building in the middle of the Pampa (excuse me, Wroclaw). Something that high should be build in Warsaw, not somewhere else. There will never be kinda intact skyline, probably 3 highrises - that's it... This thang is a mistake!
not excatly because beside Sky Tower will appeare another project which is called Centrum Poludniowe and will be build by Grupo Prasa from Spain. This complex will contain 5 apartments-building (every about 100 meters), hotel building(130 m).
This could be looks like that:

and there are much free land for next skyscrapers e.g. EPI Centrum

this building is planned 200 meters from Grupo Prasa complex.
Rafis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:20 AM   #56
alsen strasse 67
Westendkaserne

Likes (Received): 11158

alsen strasse 67 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #57
dirtyfinger

Likes (Received): 3

dirtyfinger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #58
Tygrys
fanatyczny antykibic

Changes:

Much better than older project but I think it fits for Dubai not Wroclaw now...
Tygrys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #59
Elwood
- Śląsk -

Likes (Received): 7

we've got changes connected with height also... new alt: 258m

Last edited by Elwood; August 17th, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
Elwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #60
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5440

That is a zillion times better than the earlier design.

Would this be the tallest skyscraper in Poland now at 258m? Wroclaw is trumping Warsaw it seems!
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
breslau, powstańców śląskich, sky tower, wieżowiec, wrocław