search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 30th, 2016, 08:59 PM   #1
Dream.Achieve

Likes (Received): 28

Dubai Mega Mall

An idea:

Last edited by Dream.Achieve; May 1st, 2016 at 04:03 AM.
Dream.Achieve no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2016, 03:26 AM   #2
Dream.Achieve

Old May 1st, 2016, 11:26 AM   #3
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 422

this will never happen, the ruler family palaces is located in Zabeel
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:48 PM   #4
Dream.Achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinSuroor View Post
this will never happen, the ruler family palaces is located in Zabeel
Royal family can build themselves new palaces and allow space for more city, with some art galleries or museums. Louvre type thing. Some more tourism for Dubai.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 08:58 PM   #5
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 1689

I currently have three silly Dubai visions, I'll post them here. The first one is like yours, ridiculously expensive and ridiculously unrealistic, I had the idea when I was thinking about the Pentominium and 106 Tower tanking because their sea view is blocked, giving a piece of sea to the other side - my vision of a second Dubai Creek using the mouth of the dead Arabian Canal and the horse race track converted into a large lake:

droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 09:13 PM   #6
droneriot
Urban Hermit

The second idea is a ton cheaper, like so cheap that most medium size local developers could churn out the few millions it takes to build it. I'll explain in a few pictures.

This is the TV tower of my city, called Fernmeldeturm Wahnbek:

pic: wikipedia

Here I amateurishly removed the top stuff with Paint:

This is a proposed tower in Incheon, Korea that uses LEDs for a cloaking device effect:

Applying this to the shaft of the local TV tower, I created "The UFO", needs an individial design of course:

The idea behind it? They want to build world landmarks in the Al Bawadi project, my vision is to build an exact replica of the US village of Roswell, New Mexico - and have The UFO "hover" nearby.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 09:16 PM   #7
droneriot
Urban Hermit

The third vision finally has no pictures at all, dunno how to do it, but I was simply browsing New York City threads on this forum and thinking with how close all the buildings are together and the streets as canyons between them, wouldn't it be awesome to have a huge rollercoaster ride going through the street canyons above the cars between the buildings, anchored to the buildings? Again if they want to build world landmarks in Al Bawadi, they could do a loose re-imagination of a New York neighbourhood in it (not an exact replica, just something based on it), and have this rollercoaster ride shooting through the street canyons between skyscrapers. I'm willing to bet almost everyone on this forum would love a ride like that.

My three Dubai visions, none will ever happen because I'm a nobody with no money and they're probably not that great anyway, but thought I'd share just for the sake of it.

DanDare liked this post
Old November 26th, 2016, 12:46 AM   #8
Dream.Achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
The third vision finally has no pictures at all, dunno how to do it, but I was simply browsing New York City threads on this forum and thinking with how close all the buildings are together and the streets as canyons between them, wouldn't it be awesome to have a huge rollercoaster ride going through the street canyons above the cars between the buildings, anchored to the buildings? Again if they want to build world landmarks in Al Bawadi, they could do a loose re-imagination of a New York neighbourhood in it (not an exact replica, just something based on it), and have this rollercoaster ride shooting through the street canyons between skyscrapers. I'm willing to bet almost everyone on this forum would love a ride like that.

My three Dubai visions, none will ever happen because I'm a nobody with no money and they're probably not that great anyway, but thought I'd share just for the sake of it.
Just silly. But that would be a great rollercoaster. The UFO idea will be done on some theme park.