daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Old March 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #1
propertymate

Likes (Received): 0

The SELECT thread...

Have any of you guys paid the 1% fee to Select to register your Torch apartment with Dubai Land Registry. I sent it and never had it confirmed by Select. Also I am thinking of coming over for a short stay in Dubai for the pending Handover. Is there anybody who has had previous experience with handover in Dubai that can let me know what the handover procedure is and anything else I should know. (I have asked Select Group, but no reply as yet!). Cheers
propertymate no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 70

Call select in the UK, they will have it on their computer system if you paid the 1% or not. Select in Dubai will not answer emails that they do not know the answer of.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM   #3
scoobudubai

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propertymate View Post
Have any of you guys paid the 1% fee to Select to register your Torch apartment with Dubai Land Registry. I sent it and never had it confirmed by Select. Also I am thinking of coming over for a short stay in Dubai for the pending Handover. Is there anybody who has had previous experience with handover in Dubai that can let me know what the handover procedure is and anything else I should know. (I have asked Select Group, but no reply as yet!). Cheers
Hi we went in May 2009 to the land registry..they said to throw Select's demand for immediate payment in the bin.
scoobudubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #4
shakka

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Regarding Select furniture was it good quality and worth it in comparison to other suppliers??

How have other overseas owners managed to furnish their places ?
Please do not give anymore money to these thieves. They used to ring a bell in their office in Cheshire when they sold a furniture pack at god knows what mark up. All items should easily be a quarter of the price out of Mall of Emirates
shakka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Psofos
psofos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakka View Post
Please do not give anymore money to these thieves. They used to ring a bell in their office in Cheshire when they sold a furniture pack at god knows what mark up. All items should easily be a quarter of the price out of Mall of Emirates
I cannot recommend them. They were expensive. The wrong bed was delivered for one of the bedrooms. Not all furniture arrived at handover. They forgot about the picture I ordered. One of the bedside cabinets was damaged. One of the leather Sofas was torn. One of the beds was not assembled. The coffee table was damaged. Kitchen items did not arrive etc etc. It took a while to rectify things and I could not have coped myself but Exclusive UAE were very helpful. Look at some of the old 'Point' posts in the summer of 2009 where some fellow owners recommend companies in the UAE offering value for money furniture.
I hope this helps.
Psofos.
Psofos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #6
ramzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psofos View Post
I cannot recommend them. They were expensive. The wrong bed was delivered for one of the bedrooms. Not all furniture arrived at handover. They forgot about the picture I ordered. One of the bedside cabinets was damaged. One of the leather Sofas was torn. One of the beds was not assembled. The coffee table was damaged. Kitchen items did not arrive etc etc. It took a while to rectify things and I could not have coped myself but Exclusive UAE were very helpful. Look at some of the old 'Point' posts in the summer of 2009 where some fellow owners recommend companies in the UAE offering value for money furniture.
I hope this helps.
Psofos.
Thanks for the advise. I shall take a look at some older posts.
ramzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #7
johnnyinspain
Dubai Marina Investor

NEVER buy furniture packages unless you really look into it. They are a TOTAL rip off.... If you can, do it yourself in MOE.You will have a much better result and at half the price.....Negotiate.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy View Post
Thanks for the advise. I shall take a look at some older posts.
johnnyinspain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Rider

I decided not to buy the Furniture Package from them purely out of principle because of the Force Majeure claim.
Rider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Psofos
psofos

Hi Dubai Steve...
Please note I have responded to your pm (twice) but I am not sure that you have received my response(s).
If you have not, please let me have your e-mail and I will respond again. If you have received my response(s) kindly ignore this e-mail.
Psofos.
Psofos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #10
ab31

Rider - think you may have got 2 PM's from me. My system told me the 1st reply had failed so I typed it again. Let me know if you've received it.
ab31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Rider

I just read you PMs ab31 - many thanks for that. Have just sent you a reply.
Rider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #12
Bling08
Bling08

The SELECT thread...

Brace yourselves. Just received Handover Documents.

We are on Lengthy Payment Plan, so we just continue with Payments, but before handover they want us to sign Variation Addendum and pay the following amounts:

First Provisional Service Charge Dhs 15.2/sq - Total of 13,580.24
Capital Reserve Fund Charge @Dhs 1/sq - Total of 893.44
Provisional Chilled Water Charge - Dhs 5/Sq - Total of 4,467.18
Affection Plan Charges - Not sure what this is - 390.00 Dhs

They are credited us with (3,380.63) as they call it "Total Goodwill Amount" - Assuming this is for Late penalty payments - Seems very low.

So we need to pay a total of 15,950.23 and send a signed copy of Variation Addendum before they will allow Handover.

They stated Handovers will commence 1st May 2011.

There are lots of other info and I've only just received it, but thought I would outline the key concerns. Do let me know if you want further info.

Can't remember what the Point's Service Charge was to compare. Would be interested to hear all your thoughts on the above.

Whilst I am pleased there is light at the end of the tunnel, I still think we have a long way to go - Hope I am wrong. Its been a long haul!!!

Kind regards

Bling08
Bling08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #13
Anjam

***what he said***
Anjam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #14
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

What is the provisional water charge for? Shouldn't this be part of the maintenance charges?
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Bling, did you get handover docs in post or just email so far? I did not get any yet so wondering if handover for lower floors is first rather than those who pay completion charges first?
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #16
Anjam

I got mine through courier
Anjam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Bling08
Bling08

Building Service Charges including costs towards Building management, maintenance, security, cleaning, insurance (common areas) etc and air conditioning to common areas. Chilled Water contributions are associated with providing chilled water to air-conditioning units within private apartments and are estimated based on predicted demand figures. These figures may be subject to change based on actual demand. Any under spend/over spend will be credited/debitited against each account at the end of the first service charge period (one year).

This is what is quoted in the paper work.

Can't see any explaination to what the Afffection Plan Administration Fee of 390 Dhs is.

Bling08
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #18
Bling08
Bling08

Came via courier. Was posted through my letterbox today. Based on 11th Floor, so assuming they are doing lower floors first. Not sure though.
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #19
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

I thought chiller charges are paid by the tenant?

Time place charges are 13dhs sq ft does that include chiller charges?

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; April 11th, 2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #20
RedWayne28thfloor

What is a variation addendum as a matter of interest?
RedWayne28thfloor no está en línea   Reply With Quote