daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #241
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Czech tourist (26) in Audi A8 is chased by Croatian police because of high speed (246 km/h) and reckless driving...

4:51
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #242
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

I recently heard on the news that in Sweden a driver was fined 900.000 euro for doing 290 km/h on a highway... they said that the speed trap was able to take a picture of the car only because it was a last generation speed trap...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #243
kanterberg

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I recently heard on the news that in Sweden a driver was fined 900.000 euro for doing 290 km/h on a highway... they said that the speed trap was able to take a picture of the car only because it was a last generation speed trap...
This was in Switzerland on the A12, but the driver was Swedish.

The maximum fine for speeding violations in Sweden is €400 euro.
kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #244
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Ah, you're right, I must have heard the news wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
Czech tourist (26) in Audi A8 is chased by Croatian police because of high speed (246 km/h) and reckless driving...

4:51
Fortunately they were able to catch him !
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #245
bogdymol
bogdymod

2 Idiots I caught on camera last month in Romania (on Sibiu - Sebeș (52 km) road):

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #246
bogdymol
bogdymod

Same road:

This is one of the crazyest road-movies I have ever seen.

0:06 - Skoda passing
0:29 - Skoda passing again
0:31 - our camera-guy is going a little bit on the opposite direction
0:45 - VW Golf passing
0:50 - favorite scene - crazy truck driver
1:03 - our camera-guy is going again on the wrong lane (maybe he tought that there is going to be an accident and he wanted to catch it live)
1:08 - crazy truck driver nearly hits that Dacia Logan Van
1:12 - crazy truck driver nearly hits that Skoda
1:33 - truck passing another truck... so boooooooooooring
1:48 - truck nearly hits a homeless dog

Last edited by bogdymol; August 18th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #247
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

Some guy recall he should invoke Allah on Prague - Dresden route, his wife decided to asperse the place, apparently coming from Germany...
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #248
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

LOL!
I bet he protested the fine because it was a "religious discrimination"...
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #249
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

and one rofl for the music
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #250
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quick response of the police. Such people deserve a fine. Find a parking lot if you really need to do it.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #251
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8783

Dunno if this has been posted at all, but yeah. This scared me. My girlfriend is going back home to Beijing soon so it'll be interesting to hear if she sees anything like this on the roads.

You'll have to excuse the racist/inappropriate ending to the video though. The idiot Australian who made the video obviously hasn't heard of cultural sensitivity at all.

Last edited by Svartmetall; August 19th, 2010 at 05:03 AM.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #252
Paddington

Likes (Received): 1261

Paddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #253
ssssssss

Likes (Received): 0

This guy in a silver daewoo matiz is a f...ing master !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ssssssss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #254
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Living in a country where anyone likes to spit on the law (unless it is useful to him), many drivers keep a speed constantly higher than the limit, and desperately brake in front of a speed radar.

Yesterday I was on the A4, right lane, sticky at 130 km/h, and a guy was passing me on the middle lane, not faster than 140. I didn't notice the radar, since I don't care, but the moron did, at the very last moment. I got scared to death, seeing this car just in front of my left corner, suddendly doing an emercengy brake for no apparent reason.

F***!

And what's really annoying, is that people is so unaware of the limit, they brake hard in any case.
Some days ago, on a 1+1 rural road, limit 90, flow of traffic going at a perfect 89-91... all the morons braking due to the radar, slowing to 70. Retards. They don't know what they're doing, and they should not drive.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #255
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Living in a country where anyone likes to spit on the law (unless it is useful to him), many drivers keep a speed constantly higher than the limit, and desperately brake in front of a speed radar.

Yesterday I was on the A4, right lane, sticky at 130 km/h, and a guy was passing me on the middle lane, not faster than 140. I didn't notice the radar, since I don't care, but the moron did, at the very last moment. I got scared to death, seeing this car just in front of my left corner, suddendly doing an emercengy brake for no apparent reason.

F***!

And what's really annoying, is that people is so unaware of the limit, they brake hard in any case.
Some days ago, on a 1+1 rural road, limit 90, flow of traffic going at a perfect 89-91... all the morons braking due to the radar, slowing to 70. Retards. They don't know what they're doing, and they should not drive.
This happend to me several times. This spring I was driving on DN69 in Romania, and on a little village bypass there was a radar (everybody knew about it since all the oncoming traffic were flashing their lights). Speed limit in that area was 70 km/h, but everybody was doing 40-45 km/h (since they tought that they are inside the village with speed limit 50 km/h, but a sign posted that it was 70 km/h). I passed all of them with 69-70 km/h, and while I was going near them I saw their surprised faces. Even the cop was surprised that I passed but he didn't stopped me because he knew that I didn't do anything wrong.
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #256
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

this is what i've realized, too. people are stupid and think that presence of police control means to slow down, even if they are in limits.
the same is with overtaking too slow police car on open road - often there is a row because nobody doesn't want to overtake them :
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #257
Escher

Likes (Received): 25

It´s not really a motorway incident, but worth it!!

Escher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #258
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
this is what i've realized, too. people are stupid and think that presence of police control means to slow down, even if they are in limits.
the same is with overtaking too slow police car on open road - often there is a row because nobody doesn't want to overtake them :
That is also true. If a police car goes under the speed limit nobody dares to overtake. I would do that if I know that I'm not going to pass the speed limit while overtaking, if the police car dosen't have lights and/or siren on, and if I don't break any other driving rule. And, of course, if I'm in Romania, not in another country, because I know our road laws very good.
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #259
Alqaszar
No idea, well an opinion

Likes (Received): 19

Maybe the Police will stop you anyway to cash their bribes.
Alqaszar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #260
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

I don't think that practice is still very widespread in the European Union. Maybe in some rural area of Romania or Bulgaria.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote