daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #341
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

There is sometimes a speed limit of 50 km/h on Italian expressways.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #342
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
I think you can't influence others behavior on the road. only police and low enforcement can.
Wikipedia says:
Quote:
Studies have found that vehicles displaying the decal are involved in 22% fewer accidents and result in a 52% reduction in accident-related costs.[6]
Some insurance companies offer discounts to fleets that display the decal.[1]
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #343
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

whats a decal?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #344
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

nalepka
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #345
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Do you have something like this?
No way! It represents everything I hate! And my boss doesn"t care how I drive or the way I drive, as long as I get the job done. And I'm not aggresive or anything. I'm not Snowdog.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #346
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Wikipedia says:
I was more replying to honking and flashing as influencing on other drivers. If I would do that everytime it would be a light show on the motorway

Verso liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #347
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1749

Sometimes the problem is police itself. They are usually measuring speed on motorway exits where 95 % drivers are speeding according to signage, but If I call them to measure 40 km/h on the road beside grammar school they magically dissapear.
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #348
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Sometimes the problem is police itself. They are usually measuring speed on motorway exits where 95 % drivers are speeding according to signage, but If I call them to measure 40 km/h on the road beside grammar school they magically dissapear.
Yes, true. Remember also that it's dangerous to slow down directly from 130 to 40 in a short time. Many exit ramps are perfectly safe at 60-70 km\h.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #349
Rusonaldo
Autostrady Polska

Likes (Received): 12629

A2 in Poland

Rusonaldo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #350
italystf

Bus driver in southern Italy talks at the mobile phone (without hand-free device) while driving on a very curvy road.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #351
italystf

Slovenian webcam compilation
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #352
italystf

Unautorized oversize trasport on the Naples - Caserta motorway

Wapper liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM   #353
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
In Italy, whenever you crash from behind a car ahead of you, it's your fault. Always.
Yes, it's an insurance matter though, not a police matter ?

People who are already having to pay up are now being double-punished, as if a higher insurance premium isn't bad enough!
I haven't heard of something like that over here in the NL, you rear end someone, you fill in an insurance form or the drivers handle the business themselves (outside insurance) and you resume your way, with or without the police. The only thing the police usually does if they come is a breathalyser test for alcohol.

By the way, can someone point me to the video of I believe the Polish A2 where the automated camera's pick up on stopping on the motorway, wrong direction, etc... I believe I saw it on this forum but can't find it and went through the whole thread.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:44 PM   #354
volodaaaa

Middle lane hoggers everywhere today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
In Italy, whenever you crash from behind a car ahead of you, it's your fault. Always.
That is not very fair. My uncle has had an accident as follows: He was waiting in his car in turning lane with red light ahead and suddenly, the driver in front of him decided to change lane and continue in regular one with green light ahead, so he shifted reverse gear, accelerate and crashed my uncle's car from front. Uncle insisted on calling the police and he had to acquire a witness as well. Police accused the front driver.

Last edited by volodaaaa; January 1st, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:18 PM   #355
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I'm not sure about the Italian law, but in Spain the driver who is reversing is always guilty. Guess it works the same way in Italy.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM   #356
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2107

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Yes, it's an insurance matter though, not a police matter ?
What's the difference? If you're wrong for one, you're wrong for the other too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
That is not very fair. My uncle has had an accident as follows: He was waiting in his car in turning lane with red light ahead and suddenly, the driver in front of him decided to change lane and continue in regular one with green light ahead, so he shifted reverse gear, accelerate and crashed my uncle's car from front. Uncle insisted on calling the police and he had to acquire a witness as well. Police accused the front driver.
This is different from what I said. I said that if you crash from behind a car that's in front of your, you're always wrong, and that's fair (because you have to be at safety distance). You mentioned reverse gear of the other party and your uncl being still: this is not part of the equation.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM   #357
bogdymol
bogdymod

Idiot going in reverse on the 2nd motorway lane

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:43 AM   #358
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Unautorized oversize trasport on the Naples - Caserta motorway
I also doubt that filming when driving a motorcicle is formally legal...

One of the comments of the video:

Quote:
Che schifooo rompono tanto i coglioni sulla velocita e poi permettono il transito di macchine cosi cariche che sono molto piu pericolose!Un applauso alla polizia stradale e soprattutto a autostrade per l'italia!!!!Andate a fanculo voi i tutor e tutti i limiti del cazzo!Pensate alle cose piu gravi che multare gente che con 200cv è costretta a andare a 130km!I verii pericoli sono quelli che entrano in autostrada con le 600 o le punto
He complains that police fine who goes over the speed limit instead of the driover of that overloaded car. That means..."fine the others, but not me"? The plate of that car is visible, he could signal it to the police, if he wanted...

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:05 PM   #359
m_rocco

Likes (Received): 11

Comment wrote from a brain underdeveloped guy! Luckily you haven't translate every single word
m_rocco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:09 PM   #360
volodaaaa

Quote:
This is different from what I said. I said that if you crash from behind a car that's in front of your, you're always wrong, and that's fair (because you have to be at safety distance). You mentioned reverse gear of the other party and your uncl being still: this is not part of the equation.
Basically you are right.