daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #1121
fragel
Registered User
 
fragel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fragel Town, Michigan
Posts: 1,452
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post

Sorry, I saw the watermark, but I thought they are the same guy.
Oh I didn't mean to correct you, I just saw the photographer's post and thought it was interesting to put them together. He probably read this thread too
__________________
女口果人尔能句多王里解这句言舌,京尤言兑日月人尔有匕匕车交严重白勺斗又鸟目艮。
fragel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #1122
travelworld123
Registered User
 
travelworld123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 626
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
That little white building was just completed months ago, hahaha.
hahaha aw poor building. does look ugly though lol
travelworld123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #1123
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,676
Likes (Received): 1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
That little white building was just completed months ago, hahaha.
Really? I would have expected a glass tower I thought it had a blue logo on it before??
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #1124
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,508
Likes (Received): 17832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
That little white building was just completed months ago, hahaha.
I was in Shanghai last Christmas and it was there already. Yes, there was a blue logo on it.

__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #1125
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong SAR / 香港特區
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
These four buildings need to be bombed down in Lujiazui especially Pingan
, nice way of describing your hatred towards those buildings, but generally speaking you're right. they need to tear them down.
__________________
Sapientia et Virtus 明德格物
Industrial Organization, MSc
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #1126
NCT
Not Cwite There
 
NCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Shanghai, London, Nottingham
Posts: 6,143
Likes (Received): 1734

Some pictures I took just a few days ago:



The Apple Store:





Construction still going on at ground level:





Should I have sneaked in?



Guess you could call this street-level interaction:



NCT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #1127
LoveCPH
Bonsoir l'Europe!
 
LoveCPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 9

What trees are they planting ?
__________________
`,,`,, Siete giovani, godete la vita! ,,`,,`
LoveCPH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #1128
RobertWalpole
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,607
Likes (Received): 2508

WHAT AN AMAZING CITY!
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #1129
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

You SO should have sneaked in, go all the way up to the roof and take some awesome photos
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1130
onthebund
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,180
Likes (Received): 408

真有质感。。。。。
onthebund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #1131
clee02
Surrey2016
 
clee02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 272
Likes (Received): 88

They need another Apple store somewhere else in Pudong and for that matter on the other side of the river too...
clee02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1132
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,676
Likes (Received): 1638

Shanghai IFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post
By cityrain
image hosted on flickr
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1133
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,508
Likes (Received): 17832

SHKP opens nation's biggest shopping mall in Shanghai
7 September 2010
China Daily - Hong Kong Edition

SHANGHAI - Located in the heart of Lujiazui, Shanghai's financial and trade zone, the nation's largest shopping mall - IFC Shanghai - opened its doors in June. It's developer? None other than Hong Kong-based Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd (SHKP), the world's largest by market value.

It's definitely an upscale shopping experience with more than 25 high-end brands represented including Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Chanel, and Salvatore Ferragamo.

SHKP's Keith C.S. Wong, director of Shanghai IFC Mall's retail leasing department, said the recently opened mall fills a gap in the market in Lujiazui. Despite having iconic buildings located there such as the Oriental Pearl Tower and the Jinmao Tower, the area lacked entertainment options such as shopping and dining. Wong says that with IFC Shanghai now on the scene, this is no longer the case.

SHKP had originally started looking for appropriate projects back in 2006. Now, some four years later, the first phase of the mall has been fully leased out. And retailers are showing great interest in the second phase, due to be opened in 2011, according to Wong.

"By the completion of the second phase, IFC Mall should have more than 200 retailers with leasing contracts between three and five years," said Wong.

The contracts from SHKP consist of a base rent and a partnership commission based on the performance of the retailer.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:07 AM   #1134
jlb
Registered User
 
jlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 439
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee02 View Post
They need another Apple store somewhere else in Pudong and for that matter on the other side of the river too...
they've got at least 4 more opening in the next 6-12 months, there are signs starting to appear across the city, including one on Huaihai Rd.
jlb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #1135
seoauths
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1

VERY impressive!
seoauths no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #1136
jlb
Registered User
 
jlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 439
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
SHKP opens nation's biggest shopping mall in Shanghai
7 September 2010
China Daily - Hong Kong Edition

SHANGHAI - Located in the heart of Lujiazui, Shanghai's financial and trade zone, the nation's largest shopping mall - IFC Shanghai - opened its doors in June. It's developer? None other than Hong Kong-based Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd (SHKP), the world's largest by market value.

It's definitely an upscale shopping experience with more than 25 high-end brands represented including Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Chanel, and Salvatore Ferragamo.

SHKP's Keith C.S. Wong, director of Shanghai IFC Mall's retail leasing department, said the recently opened mall fills a gap in the market in Lujiazui. Despite having iconic buildings located there such as the Oriental Pearl Tower and the Jinmao Tower, the area lacked entertainment options such as shopping and dining. Wong says that with IFC Shanghai now on the scene, this is no longer the case.

SHKP had originally started looking for appropriate projects back in 2006. Now, some four years later, the first phase of the mall has been fully leased out. And retailers are showing great interest in the second phase, due to be opened in 2011, according to Wong.

"By the completion of the second phase, IFC Mall should have more than 200 retailers with leasing contracts between three and five years," said Wong.

The contracts from SHKP consist of a base rent and a partnership commission based on the performance of the retailer.
This article is BS, the journalist must been looking at the GFA for the total development. IFC Mall is only 90,000 sqm, it's less than half the size of Super Brand Mall which is right next door.
jlb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #1137
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Thats what i was wondering, just from the look of it how could it possibly be bigger than SuperBrand Mall..
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #1138
[email protected]
Global Citizen
 
R@ptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 4,296
Likes (Received): 6367

From today:
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


All photos were taken by me.
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #1139
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5172

I'm surprised they still have finished the cladding on the shorter hotel tower.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #1140
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,676
Likes (Received): 1638

Looking good!!
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
shanghai

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu