daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark

Denmark » Copenhagen | Aarhus

Old July 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM   #21
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

Likes (Received): 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlanticaC5 View Post
Excellent news indeed! Denmark is a country of bridges so I have been waiting for something huge like this. Anyone got a map of exactly where this bridge will be?
Kinda

Sponsored Links

Old July 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM   #22
AtlanticaC5
Right Here, Right Now

Likes (Received): 6

Ah, thanks! Changed the title too, I wondered a bit how Copenhagen would be connected to Germany but now it's correct.
Old July 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM   #23
kenny_in_blue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
Just because many Swedes travel Rödby-Puttgarden during the svennefamiljer-bilar-i-Europa season doesn't mean it is like that all year.
Eh no but it indeed affect the whole financing of the project! Typically high season is the most important season in any business isnt it? Where are you getting at exactly with the whole "svenne bilar i Europa" attitude btw?
kenny_in_blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:50 AM   #24
Svempa99

Likes (Received): 0

For me it seems like this will be a very important thing for Sweden too. I heard a long time ago that traveling from Växjö to Hamburg would take no more than 2 hours in the future. And now the future can become reality, great news! It's very important for the European integration!
Svempa99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:47 AM   #25
staff
囧!

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_in_blue View Post
Eh no but it indeed affect the whole financing of the project! Typically high season is the most important season in any business isnt it?
Of course it is affecting the financial situation - as it should. The bridge isn't financed with taxes, it's financed by the people who will use it, including Swedes. That 50% of the passengers will be Swedes though is just silly.

Quote:
Where are you getting at exactly with the whole "svenne bilar i Europa" attitude btw?
Nowhere, except for pointing out that the summer is the time when a significant amount of Swedish families on vacation will use the bridge. However, they will never make up anywhere near 50% of the total passenger amount on th Fehmarn Bridge

I have used the Rödby-Puttgarden ferries many times during summer season myself, for your information.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM   #26
safta20

These news make me very happy!!! Is it a car- or train-bridge... or both?

Thanks Germany and Denmark!
safta20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:08 AM   #27
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by safta20 View Post
These new make me very happy!!! Is it a car- or train-bridge... or both?

Thanks Germany and Denmark!
It will be both for cars and trains (4 lane motorway and 2 tracks railway), and don't thank the Germans, it will be entirely built by Denmark, Germany have only allowed the bridge to hit German gorund, and promised to upgrade the railway on the german side 5 years AFTER the bridge is finnished. They won't even upgrade to road to motorway on the German side, so the first part after you come from the bridge will go from 4 lane motorway to 2 lane autostrasse (motortrafikvej) - what a welcome it will be to the home of the Autobahn...

Last edited by Urbanus; July 2nd, 2007 at 10:15 AM.
Urbanus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:13 AM   #28
safta20

Quote:
Of course it is affecting the financial situation - as it should. The bridge isn't financed with taxes, it's financed by the people who will use it, including Swedes. That 50% of the passengers will be Swedes though is just silly.

Nowhere, except for pointing out that the summer is the time when a significant amount of Swedish families on vacation will use the bridge. However, they will never make up anywhere near 50% of the total passenger amount on th Fehmarn Bridge

I have used the Rödby-Puttgarden ferries many times during summer season myself, for your information.
Belive it or not... but our trade minister said that more than 50 percent of the traffic over the bridge will have it's start or goal in Sweden. That doesn't necessary mean that they are swedish though... And just because our trade minister say this it hasn't to be true. Germany is however Swedens most important export market. More swedish trade go through Hamburgs harbour than Gothenburgs harbour. So others than tourists will use this bridge! Germanies intrest in this project seems be low cause they don't want to take any economical risks. buuuuh

Link to article 1

Link to article 2

"Prognoser visar att över 50 procent av trafiken över bron kommer att ha sitt mål eller ursprung i Sverige", skriver handelsminister Sten Tolgfors i en kommentar."

Last edited by safta20; July 2nd, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
safta20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:17 AM   #29
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 340

^But I have to say that this bridge, if you want it or not, really is a very very big economical risk. The price of this thing is bigger than Estonia's 1 year budget. I know Estonia is a small country but it still says a lot.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM   #30
kenny_in_blue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:

Hmm well i keep my eyes on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by safta20 View Post
Belive it or not... but our trade minister said that more than 50 percent of the traffic over the bridge will have it's start or goal in Sweden. That doesn't necessary mean that they are swedish though... And just because our trade minister say this it hasn't to be true. Germany is however Swedens most important export market. More swedish trade go through Hamburgs harbour than Gothenburgs harbour. So others than tourists will use this bridge! Germanies intrest in this project seems be low cause they don't want to take any economical risks. buuuuh

Link to article 1

Link to article 2

"Prognoser visar att över 50 procent av trafiken över bron kommer att ha sitt mål eller ursprung i Sverige", skriver handelsminister Sten Tolgfors i en kommentar."
Thats interesting i dont know if its true though, why wouldnt Swedens exports to Germany pass Gothenburg harbour if its goal is Hamburg harbour? Its much faster by cointainer ships then trucks, plus theres larger volumes. Swedens and Germanys trade balance is virtually equall so container freights is cheap aswell.

Last edited by kenny_in_blue; July 2nd, 2007 at 08:12 PM.
kenny_in_blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:42 PM   #31
Blue Viking

Great news about this bridge! However, it sucks that Germany won't upgrade their heavy rail and road connections. Maybe if we build the bridge Maglev-ready they can be persuaded to upgrade the other connections.
Blue Viking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM   #32
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise

Likes (Received): 264

A Maglev link would be the dream! I'm thinking about an Amsterdam-Groningen-Bremen-Hamburg-Lübeck-Copenhagen maglev link (the Amsterdam-Groningen part is or was in serious consideration in the Netherlands).

Maybe they could build a spare trackbed into the bridge, or another possibility to attach an additional maglev track to it later.
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM   #33
staff
囧!

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_in_blue View Post
Hmm well i keep my eyes on you
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM   #34
SimsPlanet2

Likes (Received): 160

Nice project! I really like the idea. 90 minutes, wow. That's almost unreal..
SimsPlanet2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:41 AM   #35
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise

Likes (Received): 264

90 minutes are not unreal. The distance Hamburg-Copenhagen is ca. 300km, roughly the same as Hamburg-Berlin (which takes just 90-100 minutes by train nowadays).
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #36
NiceGuy
Freedom will prevail

This bridge is of great importance to Norway, and I guess it will carry a lot of our fish exports to mainland Europe. Polferries might lose all their customers to the bridge though - it is probably easier and quicker to drive through Germany than to take the ferry directly from Poland to Sweden.
NiceGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #37
Kampflamm
Secret Asian

Smart move, getting the Danes to pay for everything.

Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #38
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

Likes (Received): 1500

^We can't burn the bridges behind us when we leave the EU without a bridge to burn now can we?
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #39
Kampflamm
Secret Asian

Poor Mr. D, so out of touch with his fellow Danes.
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #40
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm View Post
Smart move, getting the Danes to pay for everything.
Thats okay. We are always willing to lend a hand to our financially challanged neighbours to the south....

Just dont start bitching when the bridge becomes a succes and we get to keep it...

Don't follow the hurd, it's full of stupid people...

Thank you Obama, for killing Osama...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote